Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJust_living
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: Blackwater Witch] * 1
    #27349818 - 06/15/21 07:34 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Season still going strong down south after all that rain, just returned from a 2 hour adventure to discover new spots in the Hobart region.

Came back with ~500g wet ... nice

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSubrella
Stranger
Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: Just_living] * 1
    #27351492 - 06/16/21 11:24 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Stopped for a quick gander on my way home and almost gave up, and then I took one step further up the bank and found this chonky boi. The stipe felt like steel!
I've only found a small handful so far all season so hopefully there's still a few more opportunities!

OfflineJust_living
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: Subrella] * 1
    #27352905 - 06/17/21 10:24 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Another half kilo in an hour.
South Tassie pumping.

Offlineblessed

Loc: ation: Tasmania Flag
Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: Blackwater Witch] * 1
    #27353132 - 06/18/21 05:16 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Rumblefish said:

Had a bit of a cop scare though!
Was picking in the scrub next a road and a police 4wd turned onto the road I was on and stopped about 20m from me!!
I had about 10 in one pocket and was a bit hidden so I turned my torch off and slowly turned away, removing them from my pocket and gently tossing them into a bush.
Was shitting myself until after about 10sec they turned around and drove away!!

Holy Crap, glad they didn't see you  :ninjawe: .  Did you re-grab the ones you threw away after they left?

Quote:

Blackwater Witch said:

{My first post here so hopefully I ain't screwed it up}
Finally, after muchly much anticipation the season up the northiest north of Tas has finally kicked off, been haunting my favourite spots for a few weeks now and nothin' not a pin to be seen but after that last good rain the beautiful L'll critters are starting to get over their shyness, some of my bestest spots just have happened to turn out be on my own property { YAY :smile: } and I am encouraging by all means at my disposal to get these areas to go forth and multiply in as many places as possible, sometimes Mother Nature needs a helping hand :mushroom2:

PS: to celebrate one year of bein' on Shoomery I indulged myself with a rather epic trip {4.5 gram fan dried for 24 hours, finished for another 24 in a desiccant box} from the first of this seasons offerings, and it was bloody wonderful :laugh: }

Welcome to the Shroomery Blackwater Witch :thumbup:

Magic Mushrooms are awesome, they are by far one of the most amazing things that I have ever experienced.  A few times I have been lucky enough to have experienced the effect of music literally melting as I trip, just amazing!!!!
Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you stick around, we've lost some good members over the last few years and it's always good to share this hobby with good decent friendly people.

Quote:

Subrella said:

I've only found a small handful so far all season so hopefully there's still a few more opportunities!

Hello Subrella

I'd say we've just pasted halfway through the season, so there's still time.

One thing newer hunters may not know is that while magic mushrooms (shrooms) may grow in a certain spot, it's unlikely that you'll keep finding shrooms growing in that one spot from the beginning to the end of a season.  Shrooms typically grow in flushes, so if you're lucky, one spot may produce 3 or so good flushes (weather permitting) before they stop growing (in numbers) anymore.  Some places can start fruiting early in the season and other places will typically not start producing anything until the season is underway.

It's for this reason that I recommend looking for new spots around the middle* of a given season (roughly mid May to mid July).  You could check out a spot very early in the season and think there's nothing there, but a few weeks later they'll appear.  So look for new spots in the peak of the season, and in the years to come, check back on those spots throughout the season to learn when that spot likes to start and generally end.

* the middle of a season changes from year to year, but I have found that between mid May to mid July (give or take a few weeks) that shrooms grow the most at that time.

Have a good weekend everyone :smile: :thumbup:

A Habitat shot

Not sure if this guy is related to the drop bear, but I said a prayer as we locked eyes  :shockingsurprise:

Now for some awesome-ness-ly-fantastic-good stuff.

Now for some less exciting in-actives

And finally...... Anyone hungry???

:homerdrool:

OfflineJust_living
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: blessed] * 1
    #27353143 - 06/18/21 05:41 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Oh my fuck blessed did you eat that whole plate ?

Offlineblessed

Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: Just_living]
    #27353172 - 06/18/21 06:21 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Lol  :awelol:

No way!!!, i'd still be in outerspace (weeks later) if I had eaten them all in one go :grin: :thumbup:.

:triplaunch:

OfflineBlackwater Witch
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Northiest North of No...
Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: blessed] * 2
    #27354039 - 06/18/21 05:46 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the welcome Blessed, T'was a slow start to the season 'round these parts but it's now making up for it, a couple of new plots I started 'round the place are payin' off and I found a couple of new patches nearby.
Happy Daze Indeed  :sporedrop:  :psychsplit:

--------------------
In those dark strange places, between Madness, Mayhem, Chaos and Order .. There Dwells the Blackwater Witch..

OfflineNignonimpossible
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: Blackwater Witch] * 2
    #27354098 - 06/18/21 06:20 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Inspired by recent posts, I went on a covert dawn mission.

OfflineRumblefish
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: blessed]
    #27354745 - 06/19/21 03:30 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Yes of course I got the ones I threw away!!

Still plenty around!!  I'm finding they are growing in more open areas now we have had that rain and the temp has dropped

Offlineblessed

Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: Rumblefish]
    #27354798 - 06/19/21 05:36 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Cool.

I wasn't sure because of it being dark that you were able to find them easly again :thumbup:.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Rumblefish :mushroom2:.

OfflineRumblefish
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: blessed]
    #27355652 - 06/19/21 08:31 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

blessed said:
Cool.

I wasn't sure because of it being dark that you were able to find them easly again :thumbup:.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Rumblefish :mushroom2:.

Cheers!! Already have as I found 700g wet this morning!!
Amazing season as areas that had a few or even none last season, are producing 10-20!!
I walked around an area this morning with only a jacket, thinking that whatever I found I could just put in my pockets.
Had to go back to the car after 20min as my pockets were full!!

Offlineblessed

Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: Rumblefish]
    #27358554 - 06/22/21 07:55 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

70 grams died in one day is a great day :thumbup:

So how's everyone doing so far this season?

Are you newer members having any luck, and are there any questions?

Offlineaey-kcuf
Stranger
    #27359500 - 06/22/21 11:35 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys, new member here, first year picking. Although I have been lurking here for a couple weeks now. I have been out a few times this season and had previously found some nice ones. But now I have seem to hit a dry patch. I suppose I don’t really have a question but am possibly after some reassurance that they are still around. I am up North if that is any help.

OfflineJust_living
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: aey-kcuf]
    #27360195 - 06/23/21 02:08 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Still around down south, just brought back a decent haul of fresh ones.the other day.

Keep an eye out for frosts, a few good frosts and the season might be over.

Offlineblessed

Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: aey-kcuf]
    #27360552 - 06/23/21 07:06 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

aey-kcuf said:
Hey guys, new member here, first year picking. Although I have been lurking here for a couple weeks now. I have been out a few times this season and had previously found some nice ones. But now I have seem to hit a dry patch. I suppose I don’t really have a question but am possibly after some reassurance that they are still around. I am up North if that is any help.

Hello and welcome aey-kcuf  :thumbup:

They're still around :thumbup:, Im in the north and I found a new patch just yesterday (23/06), at the same time my other patches are all coming to an end.  I believe that in a month from now that the season will be all most over.  They'll still be out there (in 1 month), but they'll be harder to find.  I really don't like spending hours upon hours for only a handful of subs, which is why I only plan to hunt for another 2 or so weeks, and then I done for this season.

Time is running out, I recommend you all get out and hunt now!!

Edited by blessed (06/23/21 09:20 PM)

Offlineblessed

#27360955 - 06/23/21 11:25 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Edit - video removed

Edited by blessed (07/23/21 07:51 PM)

Invisibledetrater
Stranger

#27361768 - 06/24/21 04:25 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Mr Potato head made me lol. Awesome video dude!

Invisibledetrater
Stranger

Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: detrater]
    #27361780 - 06/24/21 04:32 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blessed said:
Quote:

aey-kcuf said:

Hello and welcome aey-kcuf  :thumbup:

They're still around :thumbup:, Im in the north and I found a new patch just yesterday (23/06), at the same time my other patches are all coming to an end.  I believe that in a month from now that the season will be all most over.  They'll still be out there (in 1 month), but they'll be harder to find.  I really don't like spending hours upon hours for only a handful of subs, which is why I only plan to hunt for another 2 or so weeks, and then I done for this season.

Time is running out, I recommend you all get out and hunt now!!

I second this. aey-kcuf, this was my first year as well. Just keep going, I found some yesterday. You'll find some more :smile:

Offlineobtuse
myco0
I'm a teapot

Loc: tasmania Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: Justafunguy] * 1
    #27361919 - 06/24/21 07:06 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Justafunguy said:
WeBeTrippy, first up I'm a long time lurker,you and obtuse have helped me so much over the years so massive cheers, nice to of finally made an account and posted. I went to spots ive had some luck with over the years and saw lots of dug out patches so I thought maybe wild life, but for the size of ground I covered it was pretty uncanny to not come across any actives yet so many look alikes. Just seeing what others up North's experiences were so far. As you suggested I'm hitting up back roads tomorrow very keen.

Thanks for the kind words.  Glad my info has helped.

Not if you have come across it yet, but EGA created this amazing resource:

Reference guide for Psilocybe subaeruginosa/

Offlineobtuse
myco0
I'm a teapot

Loc: tasmania Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: ***Official Tasmania Psilocybe Season 2021*** (*No ID requests*) [Re: obtuse] * 1
    #27361923 - 06/24/21 07:08 PM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Looks like everyone is having an amazing season.

:cheers:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract