Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Peruvian Torch, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKible
Stranger
Comparing psilocybin to mescaline
    #2735448 - 05/27/04 06:33 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I have read hundreds of trip reports and I have been fascinated by the comparisons between these two substances. To people who have never tried psychedelics they sound just the same but to those who have tried them both find them very different. I have experimented only with psilocybin and am now becoming more and more aware of how great mescaline could be. I would like to hear more of this kind of comparing discussion. To those who have tried both:

How would you compare the visuals?
What about the nausea?
Which is more fun of an experience?
How do they alter the way you think and what kinds of different thoughts run through your mind when influenced by these drugs?
Would you think one of them is more spiritual and please explain how.
How would you explain why there aren't many bad trips from mescaline although from what I have heard the nausea and body load is greater?
Are mushrooms more popular (world wide) just because they can be grown faster or is it because the trip lasts longer?
And finally if you could only use one of them which would it be? :smile:

I have left LSD out of this discussion on purpose because it always gets most of the attention.  :wink:

Sorry for my english.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Comparing psilocybin to mescaline [Re: Kible]
    #2736179 - 05/27/04 12:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

How would you compare the visuals?

Probably better going for shrooms for visuals. It's not easy getting a high dose of mescaline from san pedro.

What about the nausea?

No nausea from shrooms, no nausea from san pedro if you take it rectally  :shocked: Otherwise, fairly heavy nausea.

Which is more fun of an experience?

Difficult to say, both are beautiful experiences. I think psilocybin is more likely to get you laughing tho.

How do they alter the way you think and what kinds of different thoughts run through your mind when influenced by these drugs?

Subjectively for me, San pedro has always got a more ancient, teaching vibe to it. Psilocybin, while still sacred, seems to have a little more of a lighter, fun-loving presence.

Would you think one of them is more spiritual and please explain how.

Couldn't say one was more spiritual than the other. Both of them are sacred teachers.

How would you explain why there aren't many bad trips from mescaline

Probably because it's a lot easier for a beginner to take a high dose of psilocybin that he isn't ready for, than to get an equivalent high dose of mescaline from drinking foul-tasting san pedro juice.

although from what I have heard the nausea and body load is greater

For me, there's no question about that. Drinking san pedro always results in very heavy nausea for me. I've heard some people don't have any problems tho.

Are mushrooms more popular (world wide) just because they can be grown faster

Probably because it's easier taking mushrooms than drinking sickening san pedro slime and dealing with the heavier nausea.

or is it because the trip lasts longer?

San pedro usually lasts 5-6 hours longer than mushrooms. Takes a lot longer to come on too - sometimes up to 3-4 hours before things start happening.

And finally if you could only use one of them which would it be?

Difficult to say..but for the ease of use and lack of nausea I'd have to go to mushrooms.

Happy tripping Kible  :laugh:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2738083 - 05/27/04 08:21 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yea Alex123 has pretty much explained it. For me Mescaline is less of a mindfuck than shrooms are. I also tend to see more in the red and green spectrum on mescaline. The nausea for mescaline tends to be stronger than shrooms. I've only had two experiences with mescaline one with Peruvian torch cacti and the other with synthetic mescaline and the experience with both of them were more of an ancient feeling. Me and a friend talks for hours our first time about Aztec indians and ancient civilization. Out of both I would have to pick shrooms. Mescaline has its pluses, but on shrooms I tend to have a great time while mescaline I just want to sit back and relax and think things through.

OfflineKible
Stranger
Re: Comparing psilocybin to mescaline [Re: Osker246]
    #2740338 - 05/28/04 04:22 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for great replies :smile:

I forgot one question. How would you compare the body high? I have heard mescaline is more energetic type of high and psilocybin more of a dreamy type. I personally get really weird type of energy from shrooms, not dreamy at all. :smile:

Which brings me to my theory. I read somewhere about a research where participants were given LSD, psilocybin or mescalin. They couldn't tell the difference. Some guy commented it by saying that the participants were not experienced trippers and if they were more experienced they would have known the difference. I have a theory, if those who are more experienced associate the specific drug to something, like LSD being scientific and chemical and synthetic and shrooms being more natural and so forth. So could this be the case with the difference between visuals and such? For example all those who have done a little research on mescaline know something about it's cultural backgrounds. Maybe this contributes to the general feel of the trip. What do you think? Am I just over analyzing again? :laugh:

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2740451 - 05/28/04 05:58 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I have been told, by very trusthworthy sources :wink:

That Psilocybin has more of a DMT-ish feel to it and Mescaline is more more like Acid.

AND..if you learn the about these chems you will realize that Psilocybin is a variation of a large DMT(ring?) I think you call it will Psilocybin Psilocin and Beaocystin ALL being variations of DMT. :smile:

Read.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2741055 - 05/28/04 12:04 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

How would you compare the body high?

Both of them are fantastic. If you can get enough mescaline from the san pedro and the nausea has cleared it's hard to see how you can beat mescaline, but shrooms come awful close. Mescaline does have more of a stimulant feeling to it.

I read somewhere about a research where participants were given LSD, psilocybin or mescalin. They couldn't tell the difference.

I think this was more a function of the questionaire they were given at the end of the session tho. It was difficult to ask questions that would differentiate between each psychedelic. A question like "Did you see things with your eyes closed" - all three would probably answer "Yes" but the sensation of each drug is still very different.

Anyone who has had san pedro, psilocybin or LSD would definately recognise a difference between them.

For example all those who have done a little research on mescaline know something about it's cultural backgrounds

Definately - the set of the person taking the drug influences the experience enormously. If you've been reading native american texts about peyote for 6 months before a mescaline trip it's likely you'll experience some of the things you've read about.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2741091 - 05/28/04 12:15 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

HEr eis a simple breakdown. On LSD you can look at your hand and watch it melt so does your body.
On mescaline you tend to see the reall things in life which are important. The air, the water, the green beautiful flora and faunam the things that are real. You do not see the concrete and the man-made bullshit. It seems so insignificant that you can tell what you need to see in what is in front of you.

On mushroomms you tend to see geodesical pattrerns and kaleidascopic uimages contracting and expanding and moving in formation towardds you but never ereaching you. You see you hand with patterns on it but you still know that it is your hand.

Allthree are physically euphoric to the body and Sex is magnified 10,000 times while on all three of the sacred healing plants.

Tim Leary talked about this and osme people heard him and others missed out oon it all of their lives.

Anyway they are all similar only that they work ont he neurotransmitter serotonine. But they are differnt in action from one another. They only relate to your brains chemicals and thus are similar only in that fashion. I detest it when so called noted medical authorities say they are simil. I always see newspaper whore-journalism, comment that musrhooms are similar to LSD.

They are not. Only where they work on your brain are they similar. the actions are completely diferent within all three highs.

mj

OfflineOwlMirror
Stranger
Re: Comparing psilocybin to mescaline [Re: Osker246]
    #22408704 - 10/20/15 12:34 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

While I understand this post is years old, I'm still wondering why there isn't more synthetic mescaline around these days (2015) ?
Back in the 60's & early 70's there not only was a large amount of various forms of LSD but, synthetic mescaline in Pill form.
Is it due to Demand or the Skill Level necessary to make synthetic mescaline ?
While I enjoyed LSD, mostly in liquid form on sugar cubes. Windowpane & the famous Purple Haze & Orange Sunshine were incredible.
I also enjoyed two forms of synthetic mescaline which came in two flavors, Blueberry & Chocolate. Both were incredible in their own right, quite different than the LSD.
Just an FYI, our favorite pastime on mescaline was during the winter. We would find car tracks in the snow & reliably follow the tracks from their beginning point to their end point. Quite a trippy game !
Anyways, I'd still like to know if synthetic mescaline will ever make a comeback? I keep hearing about Peruvian Torch & San Pedro being extracted rather than obtaining Peyote. It's so sad that the indigenous plants have been ravaged & growing one button can take up to 10 years to grow large enough to be considered a dose.
Wow, I just realized that one could have grown a extra-large Peyote Button since this post was last active :rolleyes:
I still think my question is a valid one. I'm certain synthetic mescaline pills would be more in demand than the Rave Drug (MDMA) currently available. Anyone out there willing to make enough for the National Population which would enjoy a Pill rather than going through that nasty process of extracting & swallowing Cactus juice?
If available, would you consume a synthetic mescaline PILL?
Users may choose only one (4 total votes)
YES
-
4 100%
NO
-
0 0%
Votes accepted from (10/20/15 02:00 PM) to (10/20/16 11:29 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Peruvian Torch, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience