Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleblackdragon999
Mason

Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: Enkidu] * 2
    #27357519 - 06/21/21 02:22 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Enkidu said:
Any plans for using it ?

I already have everything that I want material wise so I'm using it to make more money. So I guess I'm a farmer.

My motivation is that I hate working for other people and always have, so my solution is to generate investment income and live off of it. :grin:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisibleblackdragon999
Mason

Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: Mojo] * 1
    #27357523 - 06/21/21 02:28 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Mojo said:
A "bit" proud of yourself?  What an understatement!  Well done and you have earned a pat on the back no doubt.

Quote:

Tripsurfer said:
Technically half of that is hers right?

Quote:

blackdragon999 said:
Quote:

Tripsurfer said:
Technically half of that is hers right?

Technically, no.
Legally, no.

Really?  How did you come to that conclusion?

I recently talked to a lawyer about this issue and was told that  even prenuptial agreements cannot subvert written marriage law.  Assets prior to union can sometimes be protected however assets acquired during a union are much harder to protect  Life changing events can also undermine marital contracts and they almost always fail to prevent martial maintenance because alimony and child support are issues of law, and again you cannot subvert law with a contract.

Have you sought legal advice about how to protect your wealth?

The country in which I am married in does not recognize divorce.

--------------------

Invisibleblackdragon999
Mason

Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: Kinko]
    #27357580 - 06/21/21 03:14 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Kinko said:
Can't believe there are millionaires here yet again this is a broad spectrum of members from all walks of life

I am 32 years of age like yourself but only have 6 dollars in my bank account .... Drug abuse and lowself esteem has rendered me useless ..

Quote:

Kinko said:
As a self made millionaire what are some stocks and or crypto you recommend poor people to invest in ?

The only thing I would say is to diversify.
ETFs and Mutual funds are a good ways of investing in lots of different assets for a few bucks.

I don't know much about crypto.

--------------------

Edited by blackdragon999 (06/21/21 03:15 PM)

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: blackdragon999]
    #27358080 - 06/21/21 09:43 PM (5 months, 11 days ago)

Quote:

blackdragon999 said:
Quote:

Enkidu said:
Any plans for using it ?

I already have everything that I want material wise so I'm using it to make more money. So I guess I'm a farmer.

My motivation is that I hate working for other people and always have, so my solution is to generate investment income and live off of it. :grin:

Nice man, cant argue with that.

So in curious, you mention having everything you need materialistically.

How does that impact your overall happiness, satisfaction with life, spiritual practice

Sorry to hear that Kinko, where theres a will theres a way.

Start with generating income you can uae to save up money is a good start.

Then learn about strategies to investing

Accumulating BTC on crashes has some long term potential.

Growth and tech stocks as well such as sectors emerging that will be huge in the future

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
    #27358333 - 06/22/21 02:00 AM (5 months, 10 days ago)

Congrats OP! I don't do crypto, but I'm climbing as well. What a year.

--------------------

"All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone." - Blaise Pascal

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

OfflineAsanteA
wake/dream möbius strip
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: blackdragon999] * 2
    #27358668 - 06/22/21 12:09 PM (5 months, 10 days ago)

Quote:

blackdragon999 said:

I'm 32 years old

Suppose you have 43 more years to live, so that you life to 75. A fair life expectancy for an American male of your age.

43 years = 516 months.

Quote:

blackdragon999 said:
I had an account value of $1,000,003.25

Suppose you went Fuck It, got a GoldMoney account, which is a bullion bank, and sold all your dollars for gold.

You'd then have, give or take, push and shove, 17.38 kg gold in offshore storage.

17.38kg gold : 516 months = 33.68gr gold/month.

That's more than an ounce of gold for evert month of the rest of your life

:awegold:

To be exact,  33.68gr gold is USD $1933/month in todays money.

Gold value increases with inflation, so it will roughly stay worth the equivalent of $1500-2500 in todays money, for the rest of your life.

In the US you might scoff at that sum but realize something:

You can, right now, cash out into offshore gold, take the fam to a tropical paradise like Thailand and live a good life there for the rest of your life.

Although $2,000 (63,000 THB) per month for living costs is a solid starting point, it is very possible to get by in Thailand on much less. In places such as Pattaya and Chiang Mai, you can rent a condo for as little as $200 to $300 (6,000 THB to 10,000 THB) a month close to international style restaurants and amenities. We would recommend that a bare minimum for living costs in Thailand should be closer to $1,200 to $1,500 per month.

Think about that one.

You can retire at TODAY if tropical paradises appeal to you, and your income woukld be GUARANTEED even if you don't do a thing (which of course you won't, you'll mke yourself useful in other ways and earn in addition.

--------------------
CDC  COVID  SELF-CHECKER  :syringe:  COVID  MAIN  THREAD  #3
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLION  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Bitcoin gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
3GhM8HveuW2pq1E2MGHsfwX2mKxdYDMasH

OfflineMoses_Davidson
Non-Prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: Kinko]
    #27375331 - 07/05/21 06:46 PM (4 months, 28 days ago)

Way to go! Big day for any investor :smile:

--------------------
"In finance, everything that is agreeable is unsound and everything that is sound is disagreeable." --Sir Winston Churchill

"The world may not only be stranger than we suppose, it may be stranger than we can suppose."
J.B.S. Haldane

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#27378591 - 07/08/21 06:10 AM (4 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

blackdragon999 said:
:rolleyes: Strange how we never talk about money.

Respectfully, I'd encourage you to consider this.  At minimum, make sure you've filled out the beneficiary and Transfer upon death paperwork.  It's very easy.  About two years ago, one of my family members lost her husband unexpectedly.  It was a clusterfuck of attorney fees  and time to figure out where his debts were, how they were settled etc.

My understanding is that in many states, things automatically go to a spouse, but getting things worked out beforehand can really save someone a lot of grief in a time that is already tough.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: blackdragon999] * 1
    #27401572 - 07/25/21 02:15 PM (4 months, 8 days ago)

Quote:

blackdragon999 said:
So about 5 minutes ago I checked my brokerage to see that I had an account value of $1,000,003.25 after a slight uptick in the market this morning. 

I'm 32 years old and I've never inherited a dime or had anything given to me money wise so it's a bit of a personal achievement and I'm a little proud of myself.

So how did you do it?

How did you become a millionaire?

Where did the $ come from?

-OM

--------------------

Offlinebio_alchemist
Shroom Operator
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: openmind]
    #27402252 - 07/26/21 01:21 AM (4 months, 7 days ago)

Congratulations brother! :cheer: :cheer:
:wizard: :whacker:

--------------------
vVvVv I Buy Crypto! Usd for vVvVv

OfflineMycoWeek
Graduate Student
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Seattle, WA, USA Flag
    #27489955 - 10/02/21 03:43 PM (2 months, 1 day ago)

good for you man. I actually respect the way you are celebrating it by sharing it to strangers, instead of being all flashy around your friends and family.

how did you learn how to invest? do you invest a mix of high and low risk?

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: MycoWeek]
    #27490045 - 10/02/21 05:14 PM (2 months, 1 day ago)

Quote:

shintachou said:
good for you man. I actually respect the way you are celebrating it by sharing it to strangers, instead of being all flashy around your friends and family.

Its still braggy to even mention it. Real OG wealthy folk dont share their net worth and instead joke that theyre broke when asked. Thats the true Chad way

OfflineMoses_Davidson
Non-Prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: trees] * 3
    #27490414 - 10/02/21 11:15 PM (2 months, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

trees said:
Quote:

shintachou said:

Its still braggy to even mention it. Real OG wealthy folk dont share their net worth and instead joke that theyre broke when asked. Thats the true Chad way

Don't be such a snob. 

If he grew his first batch of shrooms and was excited about finally meeting a goal that he has worked very hard to achieve, that's not braggy. He just wants a discreet outlet where he can be overjoyed. He had to work very, very hard to achieve his first million. You have no idea. It's tough to work so hard on something that other people hate you for having. 

The reason people who have money don't talk about it isn't because they are awesome, it's because of the envy and the backlash that goes along with it.

--------------------
"In finance, everything that is agreeable is unsound and everything that is sound is disagreeable." --Sir Winston Churchill

"The world may not only be stranger than we suppose, it may be stranger than we can suppose."
J.B.S. Haldane

OfflineEnkidu
"No-Such-Person"
Male

Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: Moses_Davidson] * 1
    #27490703 - 10/03/21 09:13 AM (2 months, 13 hours ago)

Makes sense to me that if you're happy or excited about something or even if it just has an emotional impact or significance on you in a rare sort of way, you may want to share it with others

--------------------
Within You , Without You

:mushroom2::levitate::mushroom2:

OfflineAsanteA
wake/dream möbius strip
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: trees]
    #27491699 - 10/04/21 04:37 AM (1 month, 30 days ago)

Quote:

trees said:

Its still braggy to even mention it. Real OG wealthy folk dont share their net worth

Thats the thing, he's not OG, his investments just amounted up to a million and he's amazed by reaching this very impressive milestone.

Let him celebrate, nothing braggy about it.

You and I can be the little girl with the matches warming ourselves to the single nickel we have, let him rejoice and celebrate for being better off than we are with the results of his investing.

:cheer: happy for him :cheer:

--------------------
CDC  COVID  SELF-CHECKER  :syringe:  COVID  MAIN  THREAD  #3
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLION  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Bitcoin gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
3GhM8HveuW2pq1E2MGHsfwX2mKxdYDMasH

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: Asante]
    #27492220 - 10/04/21 02:14 PM (1 month, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
You and I can be the little girl with the matches warming ourselves to the single nickel we have, let him rejoice and celebrate for being better off than we are with the results of his investing.

:okay:

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: trees] * 1
    #27493071 - 10/05/21 02:15 AM (1 month, 29 days ago)

Quote:

trees said:
Quote:

shintachou said:

Hard respectful disagree. It says more about you that you assume that was his intention. Money brings out the truth in those that speculate on others regarding it.

--------------------

"All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone." - Blaise Pascal

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

OfflineMoses_Davidson
Non-Prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: trees] * 2
    #27493285 - 10/05/21 09:47 AM (1 month, 29 days ago)

LOL That's not happy, but I can sure relate to it brothah.

At a time when I was getting divorced, losing everything I had, my house, my stuff, my car, and getting a giant pile of debt to my ex... my brother started making enough to buy all sorts of unnecessary luxuries. I felt the same.

When we measure ourselves relative to the success of others, if something good happens to them we feel bad because we have (relatively) just sunk to a lower level.

Here are some things that helped me to be happy for the success of others:

1. Remember that we will assume the traits of those around us. If everyone around you is doing things that result in something you want, that is very good. They are willing to tell you what they did, and this will soak into your core until you eventually start to manifest the same results. This is why it is important not to hang around meth addicts and homeless people for your fellowship and camaraderie.

2. If they receive something good, it doesn't make you any worse. It doesn't make you any lower. Thinking that you are somehow worse off is just a mistaken bias in your head.

3. Make an effort to deliberately compare yourself to what you were last year. Then if you feel bad, you deserve it and you have the power to change it.

4. It doesn't have to make you overjoyed to see someone doing well financially (any more so than you would beam with happiness because they got their first huge crop) but you can introspect, compare yourself to who you were in the past, and congratulate them just like you would a high school graduate or someone who got married, knowing their success doesn't make you any worse off and actually you're blessed to have successful people around you, because their influence can wear off on you.

5. Ask empowering questions, such as, "What can I learn from this?" or "What steps can I take to be closer to my own goals?"

6. Also, the OP had to make all kinds of sacrifices like driving a POS car, wearing crappy old clothes, working overtime, NOT ordering pizza when he wanted it, and so forth. If that's not something you or I are willing to do, that's OK. We can just embrace it as our own choice.

As someone who has known both poverty and decadent wealth, I can tell you that it really sucks to be poor, and it is painful suffering to get thrown in jail for being unable to pay your child support. Being unable to buy necessities (food / shelter / basic medical care in time of need) can causes very real physical hurt in your world, and really do a number on your self esteem. Money doesn't buy happiness but poverty causes misery. But once you get those basic necessities... all the rest is just "the want of more" and you'll never have enough. You will NEVER win the comparison game. There is always a bigger fish. The janitor envies the teacher, who envies the principal, who envies the doctor, who envies the surgeon, who envies the successful entrepreneur, who envies the CEO of a publicly traded company, who envies the hedge fund manager, who envies the billionaire who has his own hierarchy bigger billionaires and political figures to envy. Every one of them feels the exact same dissatisfaction with their current wealth and the desire to have another 20% more than they currently have.

How is this any different from little pack rats collecting shiny pieces of tin foil, thimbles, plastic jewels, and other trash? Its all meaningless treasure. Nothing more than symbolic of our ability to assert our dominance over other male mammals in our species.

Its good to free one's self from that enslavement, and then just work hard and invest responsibly, and be a big giver our of personal freedom to do so, without feeling the need to participate in the social dominance hierarchy. Apes, chickens and even hermit crabs have social dominance hierarchies. There's nothing sophisticated about playing those games.

Hope that makes you feel a little better brothah

--------------------

J.B.S. Haldane

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: Moses_Davidson]
    #27493330 - 10/05/21 10:36 AM (1 month, 29 days ago)

You assumed a whole lot about me, and while i appreciate the positivity, you didnt nail it. i know its based on your life experiences but in truth, individuals life experiences are never representitive of all reality.

All i'll say is that i used to work multiple dirty factory jobs at once sacrificing all my days for almost a decade, and now i dont work for anyone. I only work on my beautiful property and land and my money pile grows faster than i spend it, thanks to the markets just like OP. And thinking back, it actually wasnt that difficult to get here. All i did was stick to the plan. I do think its a silly look for anyone to go online and be like "hi everyone, im here to announce that I just dinged X ammout of dollars" in a clear effort to garner cheers and congrats. Asante wanted to take it to the next level and for us to get on our knees with dirty girly hands and give praises, as if thats in good taste nowadays, which is doubley stupid imo.

OfflineMoses_Davidson
Non-Prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: I became a millionaire today. [Re: trees]
    #27495364 - 10/06/21 11:21 PM (1 month, 27 days ago)

Sorry for assuming.  :plur:

--------------------

J.B.S. Haldane

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom