Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineEducationalPurpose
Stranger
Shoe Box Tek - First Bulk Grow - Status check? With photos!
    #27350525 - 06/16/21 10:45 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I followed a combo of SFF's and Bod's Easy AF Shoe Box Tek.

I am doing three strains and one is straight wheat berries, one is popcorn, and the other is a combo.

I did a 1/2 quart "casing" of coir to all but one, and went straight into fruiting conditions (no waiting for further colonization). Providing some pics for context.

I have three questions to check process/progress:

1) I did them on Saturday and Sunday and they seem to be colonizing like crazy. Almost full coverage of mycelium in half of them. Is this normal? Will they start fruiting sooner? It is almost all white, and in photos I have seen with Shoebox Tek you can usually still see a lot of soil/brown.

2) I had them in the windowsill for direct sunlight but it seems like they were getting into high 80's/90's temperature wise. Is that too high? If so, and I move them slightly away and they are still getting a little direct light will that significantly slow growth?

3) The Easy AF tek says you won't need to spray them with water you just set it and forget it. For a couple of days they seemed really moist, but I left them in the windowsill overnight with the window crack for more airflow, and in the morning there wasn't much condensation on the boxes anymore. To spray or not to spray? Some people told me to fan the boxes as well.

Appreciate any help or thoughts on these points!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheMagicConch
MC
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here
Re: Shoe Box Tek - First Bulk Grow - Status check? With photos! [Re: EducationalPurpose]
    #27350569 - 06/16/21 11:18 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

1) yes it's normal, depending on genetics and other factors you can get faster and slower growth, seeing they're all in the same conditions it looks like the genetics of the first box are just set to grow a little faster.
2) 80s-90s is a bit too high, ideal is 68-75° if you can. They'll still grow in the higher temps but those are also better for bacteria growth so the closer you can get to 68-75 the better.
3) that's only if you've already figured out your conditions. It takes some experimenting before you find out exactly what your boxes need to keep the humidity up and still have evaporation going on. Just check the surface with a flashlight, if you see a bunch of little beads of water reflecting back then you're good.
You want a balance of evaporation and condensation happening on the surface. If you have everything dialed in perfectly, the tub will have just enough FAE to cause evaporation and enough humidity to condense on the surface in a constant cycle. If you don't, then you just need to check a couple times a day and if the surface looks dry give it a light misting.

--------------------
"You're not losing your mind, your mind is losing you"

Good info and Teks:
p9hu7's cult videos
Agar Portal-24hr soak WBS-Coir Prep-Shoebox Tek-Psilocybe (Agaricales) Life Cycle Discussion Thread

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shoe Box Tek - First Bulk Grow - Status check? With photos! [Re: EducationalPurpose]
    #27350576 - 06/16/21 11:22 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

1) pics don't look bad, i wouldn't be concerned. The higher your grain:sub ratio, they faster it'll colonize. You're looking at roughly 2 weeks till pins on average.

2) Temps aren't ideal but not a major problem either; but cubes like indirect light. You probably wanna get them out of direct sun.

3)It can take a little practice to get tubs perfect and not mist all. Right now your coir looks moist so i wouldn't mist. You never need to fan, FAE is constant and passive.

4) just be patient, let it do it's thing. Most steer away from popcorn, i'd transition to something else for future runs.

OfflineEducationalPurpose
Stranger
Re: Shoe Box Tek - First Bulk Grow - Status check? With photos! [Re: LtLurker]
    #27350755 - 06/16/21 01:36 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks both!

I used a 1:1.5 spawn to sub ratio - and it definitely exploded with growth in just a day!

I’ll try the flashlight trick!

For FAE I have read differing things. Some say leave the lids as is until the fruits are too big to fit, others say use a grocery bag, some say flip the lid. I’m not gonna dubtub because I don’t have more shoe boxes. Do you think it’s safe to just leave the lids on and stack them for direct light?

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #27350763 - 06/16/21 01:50 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Different people do different things. Sometimes it's preference on when to lid flip, or bag, or dub. Sometimes it's reading what a substrate wants. Try different things as you go.

Stacking is fine, but you want indirect sunlight.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate