Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Holographic Reality...
    #2734941 - 05/27/04 02:20 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

After thinking abotu Einstein's theory of relativity, and the basic concept behind it, I've come to understand everything as nothing more than a projection of self from our conciousness. Our will to survive comes from somewhere, and it is this somewhere that all things originate. A rock stays together with as much force it can based on the elements it's created from. It is concious of one thing - staying together. That's all it knows, that's all it can know - it's purpose is to stay together. Life forms on the cellular level know one purpose as well - survival - they consume what they can to survive.

We on the other hand, in all our complexity, formed of an infinite number of internal systems, try to create purpose for ourselves, and everything we create starts in one place - that is our mind.

The desire to survivor manifests external reality from the inner workings of the brain.

Kinda neat, hey?

Anyways, just some thoughts I've been having.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Holographic Reality... [Re: nubious]
    #2735183 - 05/27/04 03:36 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Excellent! :smile:

I came up with almost that exact same idea, if I've understood your's right!

e=mc^2

m=e/c^2

So it takes a LOT of energy to make a little matter. Matter, then, would be a very low entropy form of energy. Low entropy is extremely unlikely, so the natural state of energy would not be condensed into matter. Something must ause matter to form, and whatever it is would remain with the matter in some way (some basic form of consciousness? - "staying together").

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Holographic Reality... [Re: trendal]
    #2735552 - 05/27/04 07:55 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

> Low entropy is extremely unlikely, so the natural state of energy would not be condensed into matter.

Assuming that it is equally easy to change from mass to energy and back again. Otherswise, things will stay trapped as they are in a local minimum.

> Something must [c]ause matter to form, and whatever it is would remain with the matter in some way

Why must it remain with the matter in some way? If I burn a chunk of wood, does the fire stay with the ashes in some way? Think of a catalyst as a counter example.

Another interesting question... where does gravity go when matter is converted into energy?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Holographic Reality... [Re: Seuss]
    #2736473 - 05/27/04 01:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

To gravity heaven?  :blush:

Seriously, these are some good points you guys bring up, but I have to go..

*cane comes in from wing and pulls Jellric offstage*

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Holographic Reality... [Re: Seuss]
    #2736656 - 05/27/04 02:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Otherswise, things will stay trapped as they are in a local minimum.

Entropy always increases. For a system to remain in a state of such low entropy is not natural. ANY change that is made to the system will result in an increase in entropy...so the only way the system could remain "trapped" like this is if the system does not change at all (ie: no movement through time).

Why must it remain with the matter in some way?

This was an intuitive conclusion I made. If a system composed of matter is not in a natural state, then it should be MUCH easier for the system to degrade into high entropy than it is for the system to remain at low entropy. Something must cause it to change into a low-entropy state, and something must KEEP it in that state instead of it spiraling quickly back to high-entropy.

Another interesting question... where does gravity go when matter is converted into energy?

It doesn't "go" anywhere. Energy causes gravity the same as matter does...but remember that it takes a LOT of energy to create a LITTLE matter. So it takes a lot of energy to produce a small ammount of gravity...thus the gravity effects of energy are not usually seen in our everyday free-energy levels (by free I mean not condensed into matter).

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology