Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineConcentratedMind
Stranger
 User Gallery
Finished preparing AGAR plates and innoc'd all now questions
    #27331425 - 06/01/21 01:05 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Using C10's and Agar Tek I created 30 petris last night and after cooling took 13 syringes I had and did around 2 petris each of said strain of the 13 syringes. Now what? lol

After parafilming, labeling and putting each petri in a ziploc now what? I left them in my SAB with the lights off. What is good for short storage while petri is growing out? I know longterm they can go in fridge? But what about shortterm?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblearpeggiator
Surprisingly Coherent
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Finished preparing AGAR plates and innoc'd all now questions [Re: ConcentratedMind]
    #27331434 - 06/01/21 01:16 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

They can sit at room temp in the ziplock. If they are inoculated and wrapped, you can take them out of the ziplock bag. From what I've read you only need to store unwrapped, uninoculated plates in a sealed bag.

Also you're gonna need to make more plates if you used all of them for 13 of your syringes. You going to need to make a couple of agar transfers past your germination plate before putting them to grain.

--------------------

InvisibleLadysKnight
Hello Ladies
 User Gallery

Re: Finished preparing AGAR plates and innoc'd all now questions [Re: arpeggiator]
    #27331443 - 06/01/21 01:26 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

You can use ziplocks instead of wrapping inoculated plates.
They store just fine at room temp. Ideally transfer from them before they takeover the whole plate. But with new germinating plates, you want to transfer as soon as you see clean mycelium.

InvisibleGuerrilla
Bumbaclart

Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: Finished preparing AGAR plates and innoc'd all now questions [Re: LadysKnight]
    #27331474 - 06/01/21 01:53 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Expect some funky looking growth and keep trying until you get the hang of it. Spore syringes aren’t clean and as a beginner you may likely need to perfect your sterile technique, so you will likely get a mixture of bacteria and mycelium, the idea is to transfer the healthy mycelium to new dishes to clean it up. If you get green mould in a plate it’s best to throw it away or if you must, take transfers from it last of all as the mould spores will be in the air while you’re working once you open the plate. It’s better to just start again

--------------------
Being pissed on does not make you a real man.

Edited by Guerrilla (06/01/21 01:55 PM)

OfflineConcentratedMind
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Finished preparing AGAR plates and innoc'd all now questions [Re: Guerrilla]
    #27331649 - 06/01/21 04:53 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you for the reply. Yes intend to make alot more plates for the syringes as I only used a few drops each plate. I have all the syringes cause I had planned to inject straight to grain but as I learned more here that was not key. So then I dove straight into agar and here I am.

All the plates are currently innoc'd and wrapped with parafilm so they can be kept out now?

Then plates that were poured and cool stay in ziplocs till used to be sterile?  Correct?

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
Re: Finished preparing AGAR plates and innoc'd all now questions [Re: ConcentratedMind]
    #27331789 - 06/01/21 07:06 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Just so u knw one drop is more than  enou, more than that can lead to too much liquid in ur plates. What I do is after cooling my needle I let a drop form on the end and streak it in a Z pattern on the plate.

Yep wait for them to grow, do a couple of transfers to be sure its clean, put to grain or LC, grow mushrooms.

To be sanitary, and keep the inside of the plates sterile, yes. I store my unused poured plates unwrapped in my SAB personally but I've heard in zip locks is fine.

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: Finished preparing AGAR plates and innoc'd all now questions [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27340937 - 06/08/21 11:47 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

howd it go? you from syringes you should be transferring colonies from the later streaked zones asap

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineAspiringmycologist
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Finished preparing AGAR plates and innoc'd all now questions [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #27341474 - 06/09/21 11:03 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Would one of the more experienced heads tell me what’s a good time frame to know if my agar is sterile? I made some plates about a week ago. Knocked up 4, made one control, and the rest are stored. The control has growth but the rest still look clean

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: Finished preparing AGAR plates and innoc'd all now questions [Re: Aspiringmycologist]
    #27343710 - 06/10/21 10:20 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

The control has growth? If so its not sterile

By control you mean a plate you made that was not inoculated, right?

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineAspiringmycologist
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Finished preparing AGAR plates and innoc'd all now questions [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #27344412 - 06/11/21 12:41 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Hey! Sorry  by control I meant one that I left out open just to make sure my agar wasn’t a dud. I made 16 and so far the sealed ones haven’t shown any growth yet. I knocked up 4 with 2 different mss syringes and neither has shown any growth yet either unfortunately.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates