Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBenson
The Kidd ⭐

Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon?
    #27342291 - 06/10/21 12:53 AM (6 days, 16 hours ago)

Like the title says. The grain were prepped on the dry side but now the bottom of the jars have a bit of liquid pooling, like the grain was prepped too wet. I must have poured somewhere between a teaspoon and a tablespoon (in retrospect that sounds like a lot).

How much do you usually pour? Will the liquid get absorbed into the grain? :mushroom2:

--------------------
[||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||]

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemind.at.large
Myconerd
 User Gallery

Loc: Floating in liquid garden...
Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: Benson]
    #27342303 - 06/10/21 01:04 AM (6 days, 16 hours ago)

Just shake or roll the jars a few times tonight and maybe once in the morning. That’s what I have to do when I use LI and usually the grains absorb the extra water just fine.

--------------------
Mind's Easy Bag 2 Bag Grain Transfers

...the doll's trying to kill me and the toaster's been laughing at me...

Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: mind.at.large] * 1
    #27342343 - 06/10/21 01:50 AM (6 days, 15 hours ago)

I'd advise against shaking freshly poured LC. I've done many tests and have found shaking LC to stun it and cause it to take forever (sometimes literally) to come back to life. A GENTLE roll can distribute the moisture though. Really, it just depends on how you prepped your grain. If it was prepped dry enough (a good idea for LC), a puddle at the bottom will just turn into a mass of myc.

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Loc: A thought
Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: verum subsequentis] * 1
    #27342350 - 06/10/21 01:59 AM (6 days, 15 hours ago)

For fun I decided to use up an old bottle of APE LC that had been sitting. It was a 500 ml media bottle 3/4 full and I used it all on 4 jars lol. So yeah, somewhere around a half a cup of liquid in each one. Water came halfway up the jars and within a week they soaked it up and went from nothing to fully colonized in a day :eek: Also were some of my best looking jars ever lol, tub is colonizing as we speak.

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
 User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: Smartattack]
    #27342441 - 06/10/21 04:52 AM (6 days, 12 hours ago)

Yeh lc water is that sweet sweet mycelium juice we all want.

InvisibleBaba Yaga

Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #27342519 - 06/10/21 07:37 AM (6 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

Smartattack said:
For fun I decided to use up an old bottle of APE LC that had been sitting. It was a 500 ml media bottle 3/4 full and I used it all on 4 jars lol. So yeah, somewhere around a half a cup of liquid in each one. Water came halfway up the jars and within a week they soaked it up and went from nothing to fully colonized in a day :eek: Also were some of my best looking jars ever lol, tub is colonizing as we speak.

have you had prepped the grain particularly dry for this or just regular, any grain agitation involved and what grain are you using?
Wanna try this as well.

Quote:

verum subsequentis said:
...shaking LC to stun it and cause it to take forever (sometimes literally) to come back to life...

so true

--------------------

OfflineTheBoJim
Strangest
 User Gallery

Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #27342559 - 06/10/21 08:30 AM (6 days, 8 hours ago)

I once had LC do completely nothing. Jars set for a week and looked as clean as day one. I finally ended up adding new agar and everything went normal with zero contamination after that.

Could this have been because I shook the f out of them for the same reason as op?

--------------------

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
 User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: TheBoJim]
    #27342564 - 06/10/21 08:36 AM (6 days, 8 hours ago)

Could be, best to let lc take off before shaking.

OfflineBenson
The Kidd ⭐

Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #27342680 - 06/10/21 10:22 AM (6 days, 6 hours ago)

Well these replies make me feel better lol. Except I definitely shook the jars in a panic, so we'll see. Fingers crossed, thanks yall :rockon:

--------------------

Invisiblemind.at.large
Myconerd
 User Gallery

Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: Benson]
    #27342761 - 06/10/21 11:21 AM (6 days, 5 hours ago)

Verum, have you really noticed a LC noc’d jar die from immediate shaking before? I haven’t messed around with LC in a long time but had a lot of trouble with it, and was not impressed with its speed when I was doing it, but I did shake after inoculation. Maybe that was the problem…

--------------------

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: mind.at.large]
    #27343011 - 06/10/21 02:07 PM (6 days, 3 hours ago)

I find it slow as fuck to do anything at all regardless. But once it kicks in it's super fast. It really only saves a couple days because of the lag time, if shit leaped immediately after pouring it would be a true game changer.

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: Smartattack]
    #27343051 - 06/10/21 02:34 PM (6 days, 2 hours ago)

If I say I've tested something and found something, I mean it. Generally I'll test things out numerous times before making a post about it. I've done everything from violently shake to no shake. Only the gentlest of rolls will help distribute the myc without damaging it. I have theories on why this is and how it works. I suspect that an lc that was swirled with a marble will respond better to a shake than an LC that was on constant stir. I haver not tested that out though. I have a bag sitting right now that's way behind the others that were nocced at the same time with the same LC. It was semi gently rolled and there others were left to sit.

Invisiblemind.at.large
Myconerd
 User Gallery

Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #27343399 - 06/10/21 07:08 PM (5 days, 22 hours ago)

My response was one more of surprise than it was of doubt. But thanks for the clarification.

Do you think a constant stirred LC would respond worse to a shake due to it being comprised of smaller colonies, compared to one that wasn’t agitated that had clumpy large colonies?

Thanks for the info y’all! I’ve been wanting to get back into LC and this is all great stuff to know!

--------------------

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: mind.at.large]
    #27343465 - 06/10/21 08:19 PM (5 days, 20 hours ago)

Given how well it works to do nothing, Id say just be safe and do nothing. It seems clear that even if it isn't detrimental to shake that at the very least it doesn't help.

Invisiblemind.at.large
Myconerd
 User Gallery

#27343511 - 06/10/21 08:57 PM (5 days, 20 hours ago)

Well that sounds good to me. 10/10 times I’d rather do nothing than something so I’m on board!

You ever mess around with LI? I’m wondering if the same ideas apply. Next batch I do I’ll have to refrain from shaking and see how it goes

--------------------

InvisibleBaba Yaga

#27343635 - 06/10/21 10:42 PM (5 days, 18 hours ago)

ever tried semi solid lc? It works well and does reduce the puddling at the bottom of the jar. Man I can't help it having a mega urge to shake
them jars up when seeing the liquid pooling but I have learned to resist, took me a while though.

semi solid lc
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26689470#26689470

--------------------

OfflineBenson
The Kidd ⭐

Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: Baba Yaga]
    #27343653 - 06/10/21 11:11 PM (5 days, 18 hours ago)

I'm having a hard time believing shaking does anything to freshly poured LC - why would it? But some of you heavy hitters are swearing by it so I'm guessing it must be true. If it is, I need to get prep another run of LC pronto :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleBaba Yaga

#27343674 - 06/10/21 11:30 PM (5 days, 17 hours ago)

I guess it's the naked myc getting smashed up by the grain like in a ball mill.

--------------------

Invisiblemind.at.large
Myconerd
 User Gallery

#27343694 - 06/11/21 12:01 AM (5 days, 17 hours ago)

I’ve been wanting to try out semi solid lc for some time now! It seems like the way to go!

It’s probably not necessary at all but has anyone noticed a problem arising from shaking a freshly inoculated jar of semi solid lc?

--------------------

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
    #27344265 - 06/11/21 12:41 PM (5 days, 4 hours ago)

My theory is that myc is very very shy and we don't realize it because we beat the fuck out of grain jars and it bounces back in a few days. I believe this is because there is a lot of myc tucked inside the grain that doesn't suffer damage. We all know that the visible myc on the outside of the grain seems to disappear. So, yes, I believe an LC on constant stir is composed of thousands of tiny tiny pieces that are very vulnerable. Where as an LC that was just swirled from time to time has big globs of myc which would act much like a grain and only the outer elements of the globs would suffer from a beating.

I'm not trying to right a book on it yet because I haven't done enough testing. I do know for a fact though that I've tested gentle roll vs semi gentle roll vs incredibly gentle roll vs full blown shake vs no shake. Like clock work, the more I beat the myc up the longer it takes to bounce back. Vigorously shaken jars and bags have either never grown or taken weeks to show any growth. This has all been done with LC that's been on constant stir. I have some LCs with marbles in them that are about ready and quite globular so I'll test it out with them.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation