Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineToobaked
Stranger
 User Gallery

Agar contam transfer
    #27343404 - 06/10/21 07:14 PM (4 days, 8 hours ago)

[gradient:#DEC592,#]Good day fellow cultivators![/gradient]
As my first noteable grow is coming to a close (2 tubs cranking out a 3rd flush)
It’s safe to say I’m BACK AT IT with another attempt at a cycle!

I‘vemanaged to get a few dishes fully grown out from transfers from other plates and tissue sample,
But mostly I‘vs been getting  hit with contam at about the halfway mark.
(This is a few of the many plates of which I’ve had similar results)

How small of a sample can be used for a successful transfer? Has anyone had success just by mycelium strands scraped off the surface of a plate?

Thanks for reading!
Namaste it whatever :laugh:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFeasoghorm

Re: Agar contam transfer [Re: Toobaked]
    #27343433 - 06/10/21 07:41 PM (4 days, 7 hours ago)

Yeah people done all kind shit. Them hyphae are microscopic dude.
You got satellite contamination. Means you aint wearing gloves. We shed skin cells constantly, and those cells have contaminants on them.

And if you are wearing gloves and working in a SAB then you got air current issues. Maybe your breath. Maybe you bump into sab changing air pressure causing air current.

OfflineCocaineBuffet
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Agar contam transfer [Re: Feasoghorm]
    #27343581 - 06/10/21 09:48 PM (4 days, 5 hours ago)

I do a transfer around the size of something smaller than a kernel of corn, sometimes smaller. If I transfer from a plate that is healthy overall I might take a pinky nail size wedge to speed things up. I usually go small just to be on the safe side.

OfflineAshtray161S
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
Re: Agar contam transfer [Re: CocaineBuffet]
    #27343709 - 06/11/21 12:18 AM (4 days, 3 hours ago)

I've been thinking about using my inoculation loops tobjust scrape some myc off to do transfers. Seems like I could do transfers without opening the plate as much or fumbling as much w an inoculation loop rather than a scalpel

--------------------
I AM PRETTY NEW. ALWAYS FOLLOW A TRUSTED CULTIVATOR OR A PROPER TEK
Does it pee when you burn?

FELLOW NEWBS, START HERE: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24420178
We need to stop abusing drug users. CHICKENS EDDY!
ACABEvenYourDad Anything Helps :begger::begger::begger: Spanging for prints!

InvisibleSofaKing
Bad. SofaKing bad.
Male User Gallery

Re: Agar contam transfer [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27343713 - 06/11/21 12:31 AM (4 days, 3 hours ago)

Want to get really precise? Needle biopsy. The book Radical Mycology goes on at length about needle biopsy to LC or just transferring to anything you can think of. I prefer blunt needles on a 10 cc syringe that has already been sterilized with a couple CC's of water in it. Poke a small hole in the mycelium, jab that needle into a port, squeeze the water out and the core sample of mycelium goes out with it. No scalpels. No sectioning. I sterilize about 5-6 syringes at a time in tall half gallon jars. They are all stacked up on there plungers. Needles upwards. I put an LC lid on these guys and PC them for 20-25 minutes. When done I stack them up by the SAB. Every time I want to get a tissue sample or transfer a sample of a plate I crack open one of these jars and there are 5-6 sterile syringes waiting to go. If you are going to do one you might as well do a few. If I don't use the syringes I just recycle them on my next instrument run.

--------------------
I don't need a signature

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation