Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGreenBeat
Bard

Experienced opinion on likelihood of contamination
    #27342445 - 06/10/21 03:01 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Hi all, about 16 days ago I prepared two large jars of WBS and instead of introducing substrate through na syringe I just put the clump of dirt and mycelium from the base of  a few psilocybe subaerginosa into each jar.
Surprisingly at this point the mycelium is spreading through the grain really well, but I'm an unsure as to whether there is any contamination because while I can't see any from what I've read on the forum the way I've done this should almost definitely cause contamination.

I'm just wondering whether the chances of contamination occuring are still high, and whether anyone here can see any contamination

Bellow is the process I took in preparing the WBS:
I rinsed the seed multiple times until water ran clear and removed most corn and sunflower seed. Then I left the seed to soak in water for 30 hours, after which I heated it to boil and then drained water out of the pot and put directly into the jars.

--------------------

"Psychedelic drug guru from 60's calls life a cosmic giggle"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblearpeggiator
Surprisingly Coherent
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Experienced opinion on likelihood of contamination [Re: GreenBeat]
    #27342452 - 06/10/21 03:11 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Toss that whole jar. That is definitely fucked. I don't see any mushroom mycelium in there. You're gonna need to start over, following a trusted tek.

First thing, soaking and boiling the grains was not enough to sterilize them. People use a pressure cooker for a reason.

Second, you put dirt into your jar. Dirt is full of mold and bacteria.

START HERE

--------------------

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Experienced opinion on likelihood of contamination [Re: arpeggiator] * 1
    #27342460 - 06/10/21 03:19 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

You literally chose to ignore everything and just did it your way.

Toss that fast, nothing good will.come from that puss mess.

I don't even see mycelium there, not sure what you're seeing but that is bacterial to say the least.

Edited by DERRAYLD (06/10/21 03:20 AM)

Invisiblenix21
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27342462 - 06/10/21 03:20 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

That inoculate procedure you've done is awfully wrong, i mean you said by yourself you put DIRT into jar, idk how you thought this will work fine xD and your WBS prep is off also. I use rye so i m not sure about wbs, but i m pretty sure you dont want to put just drained wbs directly into jar, you need them to be moist inside (made by soaking and simmering) and dry outside, made by putting them somewhere after boil and drain to steam off, i spread them on kitchen towel till they are completely dry outside and when i cant see steam rising anymore, then and only then i load my jars.. good test is to put dozen of grain on toilet paper and if they leave water marks, they are still to wet outside...
Thats the reason jar from pic is so fucked, full of bacteria slime. Read proper teks man, idk how with all of this easy and very well documented informations on this site you made something like this.
Boiling grains is far far away from sterilized grain you need for this hobby. You need PC for any kind of grain or you want to do PF tek for start which can be sterilized in normal everyday pot

--------------------

Edited by nix21 (06/10/21 03:43 AM)

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Experienced opinion on likelihood of contamination [Re: nix21]
    #27342463 - 06/10/21 03:21 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Just fyi, you'll need a pressure cooker for wbs.

InvisibleSpaceCube
π

Re: Experienced opinion on likelihood of contamination [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #27342735 - 06/10/21 09:06 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

That jar is mostly contamination. I'd toss while wearing a hazmat suit.

Invisiblebakedbeings
orbiter of truth
 User Gallery

Re: Experienced opinion on likelihood of contamination [Re: SpaceCube]
    #27342802 - 06/10/21 09:39 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

"hey bros i didnt sterilize my jars and then i put dirt in them do you think theyre contammed??"

:liottalol:

you made my day :smile:

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
Re: Experienced opinion on likelihood of contamination [Re: bakedbeings]
    #27342905 - 06/10/21 10:37 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

This needs to be posted in the thread that one person made about people not being able to follow directions.
Here's a perfect example of what happens when you dont.

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

InvisibleGood for Health
Male User Gallery

Re: Experienced opinion on likelihood of contamination [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27342958 - 06/10/21 11:33 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

You ain't lying ashtray lol.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Experienced opinion on likelihood of contamination [Re: Good for Health] * 1
    #27343108 - 06/10/21 01:05 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

OP: No ones trying to pick on you by the way. Well, maybe a little, but its all in good faith.
Fur real though bud, pick a tek and follow it to a T or youre just gonna keep growing your mold farm. id suggest you start with the link after "FELLOW NEWBS, START HERE" in my signature if youre still around or ever log back in to see this.
Welcome to shroomery and good luck. Keep us updated on your next attempt.

--------------------
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.

OfflineGreenBeat
Bard

#27343343 - 06/10/21 04:19 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Man, I really like the vibes of this forum and all of you seem like you really know your stuff but have any of you even eaten dirt before? I really don't see how it could cause so much contamination because it's just so natural and it is the primary structure within our world.

--------------------

OfflineGreenBeat
Bard

#27343358 - 06/10/21 04:30 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

But yeah points taken, next time I will follow an actual Tek and follow it properly. Don't have a pressure cooker but I reckon I could get a syringe and propane torch to properly extract the spores(I'm just guessing I'll need those two things I'll have to do some actual research into how to go about it).
Thanks to everyone it's appreciated because I woulda kept trying to get these jars to colonize.

--------------------

Invisiblearpeggiator
Surprisingly Coherent
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hyperspace
    #27343373 - 06/10/21 04:47 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GreenBeat said:
Man, I really like the vibes of this forum and all of you seem like you really know your stuff but have any of you even eaten dirt before? I really don't see how it could cause so much contamination because it's just so natural and it is the primary structure within our world.

What's considered contamination in mycology is natural and ubiquitous in the world ::thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleBenson
The Kidd ⭐

#27343590 - 06/10/21 07:59 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GreenBeat said:
have any of you even eaten dirt before?

uh, no?

--------------------
[||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||]

Invisiblesandman420
Saint PP
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Experienced opinion on likelihood of contamination [Re: Benson]
    #27343599 - 06/10/21 08:08 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I heard that people can have a tendency to eat dirt if they have vitamin and mineral deficiencies.

--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Invisiblebakedbeings
orbiter of truth
 User Gallery

Re: Experienced opinion on likelihood of contamination [Re: Benson]
    #27343602 - 06/10/21 08:10 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

yea eating dirt wont contam your body and eating mushrooms wont result in more of them growing in your stomach, because it turns out a jar of grain and a human digestive tract are quite different

in order to get healthy mycelium you need to provide a sterile food source and ensure that your culture of choice has no enemies competing for it. dropping dirt in your jar introduces a million contaminates that will go apeshit on that grain (which was already full of bacteria because you didnt sterilize it to begin with)

you'll figure it out man, just read and read

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27343737 - 06/10/21 11:09 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GreenBeat said:

:lolwut:

You have some reading to do young Padawan. FELLOW NEWBS, START HERE: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24420178

--------------------

Invisiblestubb
Dahg Rastubfari
 User Gallery

Loc: Memory Flag
    #27343866 - 06/11/21 02:03 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GreenBeat said:I woulda kept trying to get these jars to colonize.

That jar is fully colonized, teeming with life.  You want it colonized with mushrooms tho, not an array of billions upon billions of different competing microorganisms.
Better luck next time.  :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck