Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehazyhorse
scoobin

oysters aren’t fruiting?
    #27343243 - 06/10/21 04:52 PM (2 days, 6 hours ago)

hey all!!

just want to be clear, i am totally cool with being patient. growing weed & cubes has taught me a lot of that. i’m more making this post to ask what i’m doing wrong here. i made mini buckets out of some old yogurt containers, & have been letting them colonize. the tops look totally colonized, but the holes where i was expecting mushrooms to grow from don’t look colonized at all. i’m assuming it’s because these areas dried out, however i thought you didn’t need to mist during colonization. i wouldn’t have thought too much of it, but i noticed my pink oysters pinning on the lid. should i have kept these wrapped up until i saw pinning to keep the holes moist? my friend running the same tubs i am lives in cali & didn’t mist his at all & got fruits out the holes. but it’s probably between 20-35% RH where i live.

these were oats spawned to aspen bedding soaked in boiling water & squeezed to field capacity. the oats i used were definitely a bit bacterial, so i’m sure that could be some of it, but if they are anything like cubes i felt i could at least get SOME fruits off them. clearly they are down to pin still, so how do i go about getting them to pin where i want?

thank you all!!

--------------------
you're not the first to set foot here, just another

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineForresterM
embracing the subtle
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: oysters aren’t fruiting? [Re: hazyhorse]
    #27343400 - 06/10/21 07:09 PM (2 days, 4 hours ago)

Well it may be a bit late now, but I think you've probably assessed your situation correctly.  If they pinned under the lid it's cause they liked it there better than the dried out area around the holes.

Next time you can line the bucket with a plastic bag or something and just cut a little x where each hole is.  Also helps to fill it completely full so there's no place to pin under the lid.

--------------------
Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Offlinehazyhorse
scoobin

Re: oysters aren’t fruiting? [Re: Forrester]
    #27343696 - 06/11/21 12:02 AM (1 day, 23 hours ago)

thanks forrester!! glad to know it’s what i thought. i’ll give the bag a try next go around & fill them up all the way. i appreciate it!!

--------------------
you're not the first to set foot here, just another

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms