Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemilkboy
Child
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Question about Agar, Nutrition, and transfers
    #27341552 - 06/09/21 11:55 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Currently a student of agar Ive had some initial success germinating some spores using the 1-2-3 Agar recipe layed out by PGT.

Ive noticed my Gt plates are growing kinda fluffy and after reading through posts Im thinking my nutrition% could be lowered to help spot good growth and reduce this fluff?
Is this correct?
And if it is correct is it even helpful for me when im still working from spores as apposed to say cloning?

It seems to me like a higher nutrition % is better for germination but once you start doing transfers it can be beneficial to reduce nutrition %?

From my understanding at this point all I should be looking for is uniform growth on the plate.

Please tell me if my thinking is off on any of this, some posts can be contradictory and the more i read the more unsure i become.. heres a pic of one of my GT 2T

--------------------
Gummies by milkboy
Milkboys Public Display of Affection

When the student is ready, the teacher appears

Edited by milkboy (06/10/21 10:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemilkboy
Child

Re: Question about Agar, Nutrition, and transfers [Re: milkboy]
    #27342944 - 06/10/21 11:16 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Bump

--------------------
Gummies by milkboy

OfflineRyzuma
Male
    #27342964 - 06/10/21 11:37 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Ive tried adding some peptone to my agar amd my plates started coming out like that except the fuzz is all around

Invisiblemilkboy
Child

Re: Question about Agar, Nutrition, and transfers [Re: Ryzuma]
    #27343062 - 06/10/21 12:41 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ryzuma said:
Ive tried adding some peptone to my agar amd my plates started coming out like that except the fuzz is all around

I have some other plates that are fuzzy all the way around aswell. Didnt happen on the original ms plate though. At this point i feel like i should just wait and see what future tranfers hold since this is only T2.

--------------------
Gummies by milkboy

InvisibleLadysKnight
Hello Ladies
 User Gallery

#27343086 - 06/10/21 12:53 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Looks like you have some enmeshed mold, I've had no luck separating the two, but keep transferring the tips of those ropes, see what you get.

Invisiblemilkboy
Child

Re: Question about Agar, Nutrition, and transfers [Re: LadysKnight]
    #27343118 - 06/10/21 01:13 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LadysKnight said:
Looks like you have some enmeshed mold, I've had no luck separating the two, but keep transferring the tips of those ropes, see what you get.

I contemplated this but the plates these came from continued to grow to the edges of the container and are still completely uniform white. Do some molds just never change color or reveal themselves? Here is another plate from the same ms

--------------------
Gummies by milkboy

InvisibleLadysKnight
Hello Ladies
 User Gallery

#27343135 - 06/10/21 01:23 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

IME, yes, some molds stay white or clear and never visibly sporulate. What tips me on these plates besides the wispy undefined growth around the edges, is when you see white growth seemingly entirety disconnected from the rest of the culture popping up ahead of the advancing growth.

Invisiblemilkboy
Child

Re: Question about Agar, Nutrition, and transfers [Re: LadysKnight]
    #27343162 - 06/10/21 01:46 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LadysKnight said:
IME, yes, some molds stay white or clear and never visibly sporulate. What tips me on these plates besides the wispy undefined growth around the edges, is when you see white growth seemingly entirety disconnected from the rest of the culture popping up ahead of the advancing growth.

I appreciate your response, tough pill to swallow all of my GT and AA+ have this characteristic aka 90% of my agar plates. Ill try to continue transferring but might start up some new ms plates also.

Maybe this is punishment for not knowing the streak method prior to first attempt. Lesson learned, my ms plates were way to chaotic for me to properly asses them.

--------------------
Gummies by milkboy

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies