Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year * 1
    #27342983 - 06/10/21 11:51 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Montana, New York, Nevada, New Mexico and Virgina have all legalized marijuana in the past few weeks. It's likely Connecticut will legalize and Louisiana decimalize it soon.  I'm sure I'm missing a few states that have also progressed. 2021 has been a good year for marijuana reform. This could be the year we see a change at a federal level!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: Ogla]
    #27342992 - 06/10/21 11:55 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I'm hoping for the best but I'd put money that Wisconsin will be the last state to legalize, right behind Mississippi.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: Ogla]
    #27342993 - 06/10/21 11:55 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

They are supposed to have a congressional vote soon. Look it up!

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Angel Grove
Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: schmutzen]
    #27343000 - 06/10/21 12:00 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

namaste said:
I'm hoping for the best but I'd put money that Wisconsin will be the last state to legalize, right behind Mississippi.

I live in Alabama and they increased the severity on the terms for probation with respect to possession of weed.  Trust me, Alabama wants to be the last state.

OfflineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: MorphinTime]
    #27343009 - 06/10/21 12:06 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Damn dude, sorry to hear that.

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Angel Grove
Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: schmutzen]
    #27343025 - 06/10/21 12:13 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

It's a bummer man, I think it's just my city/county that recently decided this.  I remember when unsupervised probation was a thing for first offense, at least for weed.  That hasn't been a thing for over a decade now.

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: Ogla] * 1
    #27343134 - 06/10/21 01:22 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

losfreddy said:
Montana, New York, Nevada, New Mexico and Virgina have all legalized marijuana in the past few weeks....

I am pretty certain that cannabis has been legal in Nevada for at least a year or two now.

And I think you're forgetting a few....

I am pretty certain Arizona has also just legalized cannabis as of the past few months.

South Dakota too!...

.....And also New Jersey!

Also...Personal possession of all drugs has been decriminalized in Oregon, and psilocybin therapy/trip sessions are now legal in Oregon for anyone and everyone (tho it will be another year or two for the program to develop).

Also....Washington DC decriminalized all psychedelics/plant medicines.

Also...Ann Arbor Michigan has decriminalized possession/use of psychedelics/plant medicines.

Also...Oakland, Ca has decriminalized possession/use of psychedelics & plant medicines.

Also...There is currently legislation in Cali in the works that will decriminalize possession of and use of all psychedelics/plant medicines at the state level/across the entire state.

+ a handful of other cities/municipalities across the nation are in the works of decriminalizing psychedelics/plant medicine, or personal possession of all drugs entirely.

Times are changing!...And pretty damn quickly in regards to psychedelics/plant medicines becoming decriminalized.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see cannabis go federally legal within 3 to 5 years.

-OM

--------------------

Offlinebeadle
Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: openmind] * 1
    #27343548 - 06/10/21 07:22 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

United States we are not, or all states would have the same laws :wink:

InvisibleSwing2
Let it rain

Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: beadle]
    #27343593 - 06/10/21 08:04 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Wow that's amazing

InvisibleFiery
Sword of Fire
Other User Gallery

#27343856 - 06/11/21 01:54 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

losfreddy said:
Montana, New York, Nevada, New Mexico and Virgina have all legalized marijuana in the past few weeks. It's likely Connecticut will legalize and Louisiana decimalize it soon.  I'm sure I'm missing a few states that have also progressed. 2021 has been a good year for marijuana reform. This could be the year we see a change at a federal level!

SO smoking weed will become like completely legal like the dangerous drug alcohol?

THe problem is that some people can't handle it. Or they are so so brainwashed that it becomes disgusting.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: Fiery]
    #27344360 - 06/11/21 11:58 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Fiery said:
Quote:

losfreddy said:

SO smoking weed will become like completely legal like the dangerous drug alcohol?

THe problem is that some people can't handle it. Or they are so so brainwashed that it becomes disgusting.

I don't know the full details of how each state is going about it, but yes...In those states cannabis will be legal for anyone 21+, to possess, to purchase from retail/licensed stores, and it will likely be legal for folks to grow a few plants at home.

If some people "can't handle it" then they shouldn't be consuming it :shrug: . If they have a bad experience with it then they shouldn't continue to consume it, simple as that. Just because a few folks "can't handle it" doesn't mean the plant should remain illegal.

What do you mean by, "They are so brainwashed it becomes disgusting" ?

-OM

--------------------

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: openmind]
    #27344428 - 06/11/21 01:03 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think there is a magic number of states that if they legalize it becomes federally legal. It's looking more and more like each state it's going to have to legalize or at least decriminalize at some point but every time it's brought up but it Federal level it usually gets shut down by Republicans on some level (not always though)

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #27352717 - 06/17/21 07:24 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Connecticut becomes the 19th state to legalize marijuana and the 6th state this year to do so

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: MorphinTime]
    #27352730 - 06/17/21 07:29 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MorphinTime said:
Trust me, Alabama wants to be the last state.

Naw, Texas will win in being the last state.

We always win...

OfflineSugabearcrispS
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: maybe I had too much, too fast
Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: openmind] * 1
    #27352738 - 06/17/21 07:33 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Open_Mind those 5 states are just this year.

Blue -  Legal for recreational use
Green - Legal for medical use
Grey - Illegal
Red D - Decriminalized

I am still in awe that we have made it this far!
Growing up in the 80s and 90s I really never thought I would see this :nursemaryjane:

OfflineSugabearcrispS
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: 1234go]
    #27352749 - 06/17/21 07:46 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

1234go said:
Quote:

MorphinTime said:
Trust me, Alabama wants to be the last state.

Naw, Texas will win in being the last state.

We always win...

@morphintime Alabama got medi last month, I doubt it will long now :rainingjoints:

@1234go y'all could fix that with McConaughey write in campaign    :mcconaugheygif:

My bet is on Iowa being last

Edited by Sugabearcrisp (06/17/21 07:48 PM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #27352764 - 06/17/21 08:02 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

From what I understand, New Jersey’s legalization is a total joke. It’s still illegal to grow.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Invisible1234go
 User Gallery

Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #27352768 - 06/17/21 08:08 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Yes sir.  I mentioned that in another thread, we need McConaughey!

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: koods]
    #27353469 - 06/18/21 11:13 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sugabearcrisp said:
Open_Mind those 5 states are just this year.

Blue -  Legal for recreational use
Green - Legal for medical use
Grey - Illegal
Red D - Decriminalized

I am still in awe that we have made it this far!
Growing up in the 80s and 90s I really never thought I would see this :nursemaryjane:

Tho Nevada didn't just go legal this year, it's been legal in Nevada for 4 years now. It became legal in Nevada on Jan 1 2017....Nevada did just legalize "smoking lounges" though :thumbup: .

And the OP was forgetting about a few other states that recently went legal (as in between last November and now)

Arizona is another state that just went legal.

New Jersey too.

South Dakota too, but I guess something is being "held up" in the state government that is preventing the state from going fully rec/legal even though the people of that state voted for it :rolleyes: . I forget what's going on, but I think some folks in the state government are basically saying, "Wait just a minute, hold on here, we can't be having this" and trying to hold it up/prevent it from happening as long as they can.

And I know it is mentioned in the OP, but I also just realized it's going legal in NY and New Mexico too (for some reason this just now "registered" in my mind lol, didn't realize NM & NY was going fully legal too)

It is pretty wild seeing how quickly the "change" is sweeping across the states, though I am really not a fan of the way most legal/rec markets are set up it is better than folks getting charged/locked up for wanting to grow/smoke a plant.

I remember back around 2008-ish, just a few years out of high school, having a conversation with a buddy about when we feel/predict cannabis would go legal at the state or federal level. At the time, IIRC, I thought it would happen in 10 years (in California). Which was about right (tho it happened in Colorado first a couple years before)...At this point, I feel it will be federally legal within 5 years.

I'm a bit more surprised how quickly the decriminalization of psychedelics/plant medicines is happening. A handful of cities/municipalities have already decriminalized psychedelics and a handful of others are in the works/motion of doing so. And there is legislation in the works RN in Cali that will decrim psychedelics/plant medicines across the state.

In the next 5 to 10 years I expect to see quite a handful of municipalities and a few states where possessing/growing/consuming psychedelics & plant medicines will not be a crime....perhaps even the decriminalization of ALL DRUGS like Oregon has done, where possession of "personal" amount of of any drug won't get one arrested/charged with a crime.

Quote:

koods said:
From what I understand, New Jersey’s legalization is a total joke. It’s still illegal to grow.

I've heard something about that.

I haven't looked into it all, but some states have it set-up in a really lame & restrictive manner.

-OM

--------------------

OfflineSugabearcrispS
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Re: 5 states in the United States have legalized marijuana so far this year [Re: openmind]
    #27353546 - 06/18/21 12:25 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Open_Mind - you are 100% correct, I missread the op and didnt notice nevada... funny cause I bought weed at a dispo in vegas spring 2018. The year before I bought off CL in vegas under the gifting loophole. Similarly I was in denver right after it passed but before stores opened and bought off cl via gifting loophole.

I agree many states royally screw it up because they try to avoid mistakes made in colorado and dispensaries take years to open and then taxes are way too high leading to black markets and legal grey area of gifting. Lots of states really push hard on the no growing too, even medi cause they want to keep you in the dispo feeding the coffers. Maine and Mass both took several years before they opened the stores. Maine voters got pissed and removed the list of conditions for medi and allowed medi stores to open everywhere, now a handfull are starting to do rec. I mostly use delivery services which are sorta grey

2003 was my first taste of semilegal weed. I was in Seattle for a business trip in December and they had declared cannabis the lowest police priority in the city. I did a search on how to score weed in Seattle and came across a village voice type article about people selling "green jars" on cl.  A few emails later and when the dayz business was done I waited on a corner for a guy to come by in a predescribed vehicle and pick me up. We went round the block, I gave him $40 and he gave me an eigth of some platinum kush and he dropped me back off :jah:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds