Home | Community | Message Board

HighDesertSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblemind.at.large
Myconerd
 User Gallery

Loc: Floating in liquid garden...
Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #27344983 - 06/12/21 01:02 AM (4 months, 2 days ago)

That is so interesting cause it can be easy to be amazed at how resilient mycelium can be, but it’s resiliency is most likely due to its collective strength, while smaller, stretched out colonies, such as in LC can reveal how weak it actually is. Pretty fascinating. You ever test this theory on grains? It would obviously be a lot harder to beat up mycelium contained in grains, but it would be an interesting experiment to test recovery of a fully colonized bag based on how rough the myc was broken up. Like if a gentle massage lead to a quick recovery compared to a full on violent shake. I just inoculated a decent amount of bags today so maybe I’ll do some comparisons.

--------------------
Mind's Easy Bag 2 Bag Grain Transfers

...the doll's trying to kill me and the toaster's been laughing at me...

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineshroomies4me
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: mind.at.large]
    #27345167 - 06/12/21 07:56 AM (4 months, 2 days ago)

It might be that the more stretched out colonies haven't reached a quorum so they wouldn't have formed a protective biofilm yet.

OfflineBenson
The Kidd ⭐

Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: shroomies4me]
    #27354491 - 06/19/21 12:03 AM (3 months, 26 days ago)

Update: came back to my lab after like 8 days away to see this:

Shook the fuck out of my four LC jars after pouring and they are jamming! Both jars innoced at the same time. LC is dope :mushroom2:

--------------------
[||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||]

Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: Benson]
    #27354890 - 06/19/21 09:31 AM (3 months, 26 days ago)

Yup. Liquids kick ass if you don't poop in them. Very nice.

OfflineLostkeys
Fractal Thought Pattern
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sirius
Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: mind.at.large]
    #27452007 - 09/01/21 11:26 AM (1 month, 14 days ago)

Quote:

mind.at.large said:
You ever mess around with LI? I’m wondering if the same ideas apply. Next batch I do I’ll have to refrain from shaking and see how it goes

I know this post is a couple months old, but since I primarily work with LI, I'm curious as to the ideas in this thread applying to that medium as well. I'm always worried I'm adding too much liquid to my grain.

The very nature of LI results in mycelium that has been violently shredded. So I'm curious how that correlates to long recovery times.

--------------------
So heavy I fell through the earth...

OfflineOra
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: in your heart
Re: Just poured LC for the first time, now the bottom of my jars are all wet. Am I fucked upon? [Re: Lostkeys]
    #27452180 - 09/01/21 02:01 PM (1 month, 13 days ago)

add some agar to your li if your worried about moisture. 0.5g-1g agar to 500ml water.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order