Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCracked Egg
Stranger

Registered: 02/22/20
Posts: 1,669
Last seen: 1 month, 19 days
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: trees]
    #27343272 - 06/10/21 05:15 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

:lol:

Taking more shots, eh?

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

Cracked Egg said:
No matter how you spin it while trying to make yourself come off as a perfect saint, what this guy did was not ok. At all.



And what you did was? Are you a perfect saint? Cause I aint seen anyone above trying to say or be one.

Can you quote any examples of this 'spin' you say you see? I'm curious where you see it.




Most recently..

Quote:

trees said:
You're just a special needs type of guy, not too common, it's to be expected that a small percentage will be special needs and throw a fit. Doesnt really matter. The driver probably laughed at your statements on the way out. Most buyers of delivedred food dont care how it comes or if it's set on the ground without bag as long as it arrives complete it's all good.




There's a divide here in this thread, some agree some dont.. I stand by my actions and that's that.


--------------------
People Say I'll Regret That In the Morning, So I Sleep Till Noon..


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Registered: 09/06/99
Posts: 28,811
Loc: 613 Flag
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: Cracked Egg]
    #27343284 - 06/10/21 05:24 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Cracked Egg said:
I then called pizza hut and explained to them the situation and told them I will be throwing it away and that I wanted a refund. The manger agreed and said ok.





Did you actually throw them away?


--------------------
BAN OP 2021


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineCracked Egg
Stranger

Registered: 02/22/20
Posts: 1,669
Last seen: 1 month, 19 days
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: psi]
    #27343310 - 06/10/21 05:49 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Nah, I ended up eating a bit later that night. I got a bit buzzed and said fuck it.


--------------------
People Say I'll Regret That In the Morning, So I Sleep Till Noon..


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisibleplasma
moderator

Registered: 09/17/08
Posts: 9,894
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: Cracked Egg] * 1
    #27343312 - 06/10/21 05:50 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

You threw a fit and probably ruined the pizza guys life over food that you eventually ate anyways?


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleBikerB
Bucket Shitter
Male
Registered: 12/14/10
Posts: 137
Loc: Canada Flag
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: plasma]
    #27343357 - 06/10/21 06:30 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

I can tell you're all ladies because you all hate bags so much.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleJokeshopbeardM
Humble Student

Registered: 11/30/11
Posts: 25,189
Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: Cracked Egg]
    #27343417 - 06/10/21 07:21 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Cracked Egg said:
Most recently..

Quote:

trees said:
You're just a special needs type of guy, not too common, it's to be expected that a small percentage will be special needs and throw a fit. Doesnt really matter. The driver probably laughed at your statements on the way out. Most buyers of delivedred food dont care how it comes or if it's set on the ground without bag as long as it arrives complete it's all good.




There's a divide here in this thread, some agree some dont.. I stand by my actions and that's that.



I'm still not seeing anything even remotely pertaining to pretensions of saintliness by others. Could it be that you're projecting because you feel that you've done nothing wrong yourself?

I'm curious, how did the delivery driver react? Did he shrink back, or shout back, or just say nothing at all to you?


--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblechopstick
nobody
Male


Registered: 07/26/08
Posts: 3,026
Loc: Chin's Wok
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 4
    #27343518 - 06/10/21 09:01 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Rude shitty customers are a real pain in the ass.

Last Dominos I worked at (years ago) was in the middle of downtown of a major city. Evening rush, especially on a weekend could see delivery times at 1-2 hours, sometimes even *longer* than that. This is due to the fact that you have hundreds of orders coming in within the same 1-2 hour timeframe. It's simply not possible to stuff that many orders into the oven at once and deliver them all on time.

One night on a weekend I took an order to some shit apartment building a mile or so away from the store and this douche opens the door for me after I call him...

He goes and says something like, "Yeah, 2 hours for a pizza? Tell your manager he needs to hire more drivers." Then he snidely puts a tip worth 1 cent on the receipt and hands it to me with an arrogant smile on his face.

At that moment I feel like slapping him. Instead I suck it up and say "Have a good night" in an insincere voice and walk back to my car. I look at the receipt, ball it up and throw it out the window while silently cursing "Fuck you asshole" under my breath.

Of course that asshole doesn't realize that hiring more drivers wouldn't actually fix the problem because there are only so many orders that can be cooked in the oven at once. It's not physically possible to improve delivery times on a weekend without relocating to a bigger store with more than one oven in it. On top of that, these places are chronically understaffed because nobody wants to work in such a shitty environment, thanks in part to assholes like him.

I only lasted at that place for 4-5 months or so before I quit. God Damn it was a hell hole. Nobody that worked there was happy.. staff terribly overworked and miserable. The manager was a man in his late 30's and he was always angry, yelling all the time, if you were 2 minutes late to your shift you'd get screamed at. It was horrible and honestly I felt sorry for him because it was quite obvious that he hated his life and he exuded nothing but constant misery and depression. The man was on "salary" but in reality working 70 or so hours per week, so he didn't get overtime and was really only paid for 40 hours.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with OP but I felt like contributing since his post reminded me of that experience.

Entitlement is a serious problem in society and nobody has it worse than fast food workers, especially in extremely high-volume locations.

People want AAA service from underpaid, overworked fast food workers and managers that are being blatantly exploited for often unpaid labor that are spit on daily by rude, selfish, entitled people? It's just not realistic.

Anyway, jokeshopbeard is right. You don't curse people out over a plastic bag. Calling the store for a refund was enough. That driver will probably quit that shit job in a few months and then he will be replaced by another teenage kid who isn't trained and then your service is just gonna go down even more.

We all contribute to creating our collective reality.


Edited by chopstick (06/10/21 09:03 PM)


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 03/06/02
Posts: 25,543
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Last seen: 6 minutes, 50 seconds
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: chopstick]
    #27343524 - 06/10/21 09:08 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Also, food gets spit on sometimes.


--------------------
(•_•)
<) )~  ANTIFA
/ \
\(•_•)
( (>    SUPER
/ \
(•_•)
<) )>    SOLDIERS
  / \


Don't vibe my harsh, bro.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisibleplasma
moderator

Registered: 09/17/08
Posts: 9,894
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #27343528 - 06/10/21 09:10 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Food gets tea bagged sometimes, too


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 03/06/02
Posts: 25,543
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Last seen: 6 minutes, 50 seconds
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: plasma] * 2
    #27343584 - 06/10/21 09:53 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

I'm always super nice to people who touch my food.


--------------------
(•_•)
<) )~  ANTIFA
/ \
\(•_•)
( (>    SUPER
/ \
(•_•)
<) )>    SOLDIERS
  / \


Don't vibe my harsh, bro.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 09/05/11
Posts: 5,877
Loc: Angel Grove
Last seen: 2 hours, 31 minutes
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: chopstick] * 1
    #27343667 - 06/10/21 11:24 PM (1 month, 23 days ago)

Quote:

chopstick said:
Rude shitty customers are a real pain in the ass.

Last Dominos I worked at (years ago) was in the middle of downtown of a major city. Evening rush, especially on a weekend could see delivery times at 1-2 hours, sometimes even *longer* than that. This is due to the fact that you have hundreds of orders coming in within the same 1-2 hour timeframe. It's simply not possible to stuff that many orders into the oven at once and deliver them all on time.

One night on a weekend I took an order to some shit apartment building a mile or so away from the store and this douche opens the door for me after I call him...

He goes and says something like, "Yeah, 2 hours for a pizza? Tell your manager he needs to hire more drivers." Then he snidely puts a tip worth 1 cent on the receipt and hands it to me with an arrogant smile on his face.

At that moment I feel like slapping him. Instead I suck it up and say "Have a good night" in an insincere voice and walk back to my car. I look at the receipt, ball it up and throw it out the window while silently cursing "Fuck you asshole" under my breath.

Of course that asshole doesn't realize that hiring more drivers wouldn't actually fix the problem because there are only so many orders that can be cooked in the oven at once. It's not physically possible to improve delivery times on a weekend without relocating to a bigger store with more than one oven in it. On top of that, these places are chronically understaffed because nobody wants to work in such a shitty environment, thanks in part to assholes like him.

I only lasted at that place for 4-5 months or so before I quit. God Damn it was a hell hole. Nobody that worked there was happy.. staff terribly overworked and miserable. The manager was a man in his late 30's and he was always angry, yelling all the time, if you were 2 minutes late to your shift you'd get screamed at. It was horrible and honestly I felt sorry for him because it was quite obvious that he hated his life and he exuded nothing but constant misery and depression. The man was on "salary" but in reality working 70 or so hours per week, so he didn't get overtime and was really only paid for 40 hours.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with OP but I felt like contributing since his post reminded me of that experience.

Entitlement is a serious problem in society and nobody has it worse than fast food workers, especially in extremely high-volume locations.

People want AAA service from underpaid, overworked fast food workers and managers that are being blatantly exploited for often unpaid labor that are spit on daily by rude, selfish, entitled people? It's just not realistic.

Anyway, jokeshopbeard is right. You don't curse people out over a plastic bag. Calling the store for a refund was enough. That driver will probably quit that shit job in a few months and then he will be replaced by another teenage kid who isn't trained and then your service is just gonna go down even more.

We all contribute to creating our collective reality.





Some people are simply very dumb.  Can't put two and two together.

I worked in this pizza place before, open kitchen so the customers can see people toss and stretch the dough.  Literally the whole kitchen is viewable to every table.  Even though customers can see that folks are standing shoulder to shoulder in this kitchen making pizza, somehow and someway, people would still complain that they have been waiting too long for their pizza.  When they are sitting next to tables that were sat and placed an order before them, who haven't received their pizza yet, because it wasn't fucking ready yet.  And then these people will tip like shit to a server who had zero control over the time at which their pizza came out.  Some people are that dumb, unfortunately, and they walk around thinking they're normal or even better than normal. Trash people.


--------------------


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleLynnch
Strangerer
 User Gallery


Registered: 04/29/09
Posts: 6,472
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: MorphinTime] * 4
    #27343684 - 06/10/21 11:46 PM (1 month, 23 days ago)

After the revolution comes, your chicken will be delivered by throwing it from a moving car, into your yard. No container whatsoever. Just wings. You'll pick the grass off, and you'll fucking like it damn it.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineTight Lunchbox
Drunk cat


Registered: 11/06/16
Posts: 1,485
Last seen: 1 hour, 53 minutes
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: Cracked Egg] * 1
    #27343695 - 06/11/21 12:01 AM (1 month, 23 days ago)

You're such a Karen.


--------------------
"it's all a joke between mom contractions and coffin fittings"


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinenamaste
Mayor of ODD
 User Gallery


Registered: 12/03/02
Posts: 9,241
Loc: Mom's Kitchen
Last seen: 1 hour, 44 minutes
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: Lynnch]
    #27343698 - 06/11/21 12:03 AM (1 month, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Lynnch said:
After the revolution comes, your chicken will be delivered by throwing it from a moving car, into your yard. No container whatsoever. Just wings. You'll pick the grass off, and you'll fucking like it damn it.




Mmmmmmm, yard bird.

:laugh2:


--------------------


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineRebelutionsssss
Mdmazing
I'm a teapot User Gallery


Registered: 07/23/14
Posts: 13,090
Loc: San Francisco
Last seen: 28 days, 2 hours
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: namaste]
    #27343750 - 06/11/21 01:24 AM (1 month, 23 days ago)

I can’t imagine getting paid so shitty to put up with duck heads like that. I’ve never worked in customer service because I knew from the get go I couldn’t deal with it and would get fired or quit :lol: I found a decent job running medical blood work and different medicines around that let’s you work on your own, do decent work and get paid ok. If any of you are looking for good work now is the time! Everyone needs employees because of the pandemic and you guys can land decent work with little experience!


--------------------
:
To define is to confine.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleFiery
fiery
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Registered: 12/24/12
Posts: 24,590
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: Rebelutionsssss]
    #27343757 - 06/11/21 01:37 AM (1 month, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Rebelutionsssss said:
I can’t imagine getting paid so shitty to put up with duck heads like that. I’ve never worked in customer service because I knew from the get go I couldn’t deal with it and would get fired or quit ...I found a decent job running medical blood work and different medicines around that let’s you work on your own, do decent work and get paid ok. If any of you are looking for good work now is the time! Everyone needs employees because of the pandemic and you guys can land decent work with little experience!





Well said and awesome advice. I also have done my fair share of putting up with the ducks like you said. Sometimes it pays to be a good HR rep=- some people become great speakers of the people the same way every day- and bring blessings with each wind and rain.


May you all find peace and fortune in


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflinetheRealrollforever
Self-Proclaimed degenerate
 User Gallery


Registered: 08/31/13
Posts: 5,022
Last seen: 7 hours, 45 minutes
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: Fiery] * 1
    #27343945 - 06/11/21 06:26 AM (1 month, 23 days ago)

People in the USA have a bag fetish.  carry your fuckin shit!  People be double baggin a 20oz coke and a bag of chips cuz it's "easier"  WTF IS wrong with you?  I woulda inspected the wings and then complained about the sauce issue, much more serious than a bag that's just contributing to the destruction of the environment and an unsustainable business practice

I have to turn down about ten bags a day for one to two item purchases, idk why people expect a bag to carry one or two or (even IMO, three to five things) ?  I just don't fuckin get it unless it's messy food to go or something and it's for trash


--------------------
:wizard: :wizard:
sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.


Edited by theRealrollforever (06/11/21 06:28 AM)


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Registered: 02/06/02
Posts: 75,589
Loc: The Netherlands Flag
Last seen: 2 hours, 6 minutes
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: Cracked Egg] * 6
    #27343993 - 06/11/21 07:44 AM (1 month, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Cracked Egg said:
I had a long day and decided to order wings from pizza hut. They aren't the best, but it's edible and quick.

30 min later I hear a knock on the door so I of course open and see 3 fucking wing containers sitting on my porch. No bag, no nothing.

I run out there and catch the driver and start talking shit..





This is where you and I diverge.

Me, I see the closed hygienic food containers, I take them in, I eat them.

Being a delivery guy sucks, especially now with Covid. Doing deliveries is deadlier than being a cop. They don't need flak over an absence of additional packaging material.

Quote:

Cracked Egg said:

You didn't have a fucking bag!?

Oh no.. I have 5 deliveries.





Which just highlights how much it sucks. 5 deliveries in one.


Quote:

Cracked Egg said:

You know what.. fuck that and fuck you! Get the fuck out of here!





He was already doing that until you stopped him.

Quote:

Cracked Egg said:

I then called pizza hut and explained to them the situation and told them I will be throwing it away and that I wanted a refund. The manger agreed and said ok.





This could have been done directly without harrassing the delivery guy. Everybodies wings would have been warmer had you done that.

Quote:

Cracked Egg said:

I then called pizza hut and explained to them the situation and told them I will be throwing it away and that I wanted a refund. The manger agreed and said ok.

(..)


And just to add.. I ended up eating a few of the wings. It was sketchy, but my hunger got the best of me.






So..

1) you give the delivery guy (some kid or limited employability adult) shit to his face.

2) you give him trouble at his work and demand a refund because its intolerable.

3) fuck it, you ate the wings anyway and got a free meal.


Quote:

Karen said:

I am not an entitled ass hole..




Everybody was worse off including the other customers getting colder wings and you got a free meal.



Put some powdered milk, oatmeal, a jar of honey and a baggie of trail mix in your cupboard.

Next time you're hungry, make oatmeal with honey and gobble some trail mix for dessert.

Problem solved.


--------------------
CDC  COVID  SELF-CHECKER  :syringe:  COVID  MAIN  THREAD  #2
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLIC YOU  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Onlinegopher
Trusted Objectifier
I'm a teapot


Registered: 11/22/17
Posts: 6,522
Loc: Canada Flag
Last seen: 4 minutes, 42 seconds
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: Asante]
    #27343996 - 06/11/21 07:47 AM (1 month, 23 days ago)

is honey what people put on oatmeal outside of Canada?


--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

---:kratom:--- Not


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Registered: 02/06/02
Posts: 75,589
Loc: The Netherlands Flag
Last seen: 2 hours, 6 minutes
Re: What the actual fuck!? [Re: gopher]
    #27343999 - 06/11/21 07:50 AM (1 month, 23 days ago)

Just sweetening the deal :grin:


--------------------
CDC  COVID  SELF-CHECKER  :syringe:  COVID  MAIN  THREAD  #2
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLIC YOU  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* COVID-19 aka. SARS-CoV-2 - Main Thread on the Novel Coronavirus Pandemic PART 2 (Second Wave 2020-2021 season)
( 1 2 3 4 ... 160 161 )
AsanteA 56,980 3,212 08/04/21 10:01 PM
by morrowasted
* Oatmeal rocks.
( 1 2 3 all )
Phishgrrl 3,823 44 09/01/04 01:42 PM
by OldSpice
* global pandemic, 100s of millions may die
( 1 2 all )
Moonshoe 2,623 35 02/07/21 09:54 AM
by psi
* BIDENS COLOMBIA (FUCK U MUSK) cannabinated 245 19 06/07/21 07:28 PM
by deucedbi9
* posibility of a bird flu pandemic rising out of the aftermath of the se asia tidal wave ZippoZM 648 2 12/29/04 06:26 PM
by ZippoZ
* Pandemic thekwazz 477 7 09/06/08 10:14 PM
by thekwazz
* Fucking disgusting immmages on tobaccco pouches
( 1 2 all )
Gypsy Boy 296 24 06/11/21 10:05 PM
by morrowasted
* You know what? Taking drugs actually sucks.
( 1 2 all )
AsanteA 438 25 06/12/21 07:16 PM
by Big_Dub

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
893 topic views. 12 members, 15 guests and 39 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic | ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.