Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
How does your trip start?
    #27339090 - 06/07/21 03:41 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

So, after a lot of them, I've gotten really good at noticing when the trip actually starts.  I've actually been using that to work on some alternate timeline information transfer experiments (last summer's journal) because if I can't start tripping I know whatever device I'm testing isn't working yet.

But to the point - describe your perceptions of the transition.

I've had it happen in a blink of an eye, literally - one moment I'm cold sober and the next I'm everywhere in hyperspace.  Other times it comes on gradually and I only recognize it by some of the signatures - visuals, time dilation or splicing - but under that stuff I still feel pretty normal.  Usually it's just kind of "oh yeah here we go" and there you go into the beyond.

:goodday:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Edited by PrimalSoup (06/07/21 07:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNeurotech
Stranger

Re: When the trip starts [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #27339243 - 06/07/21 05:16 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I get the come-up anxiety usually but not always. I first notice everything gets prettier and my balance is a little off. But one thing that I often notice: If I lay down with eyes closed partway into the come-up, at some point this characteristic/idiosyncratic thing happens. Its like my body lifts off its axis, I feel weightless and it feels like either I am rotating or the external world is turning around me. If you have ever seen the movie "Contact", its like the scene where Jodi Foster's chair in the space pod is rattling and vibrating and then the whole machine  breaks loose, it becomes suddenly quiet as the chair floats noislessly. I open my eyes and am tripping then. That movie has a great scene when Jodi meets up with alien intelligences. Anybody else get this effect? Anybody see the movie?

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: How does your trip start? [Re: Neurotech] * 1
    #27339253 - 06/07/21 05:20 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah.  Interesting. :snoopyes:  I've had this experience where though I was lying flat on my back on grass, I was also sliding sideways somehow through all the different "possible" realities for that day - the weather was changing faster than it can, weird shit kept happening in the neighborhood, and eventually I was hanging onto the grass so as to stop sliding.  :lol:

I changed the title of the thread.  It's pretty obvious that there's a massive change of brain-state between sober and tripping.  Although it's easy to go from the latter back to the former, it can be pretty scary on the front end.

We've seen the charts of brain connectivity with hallucinogens:

It's really hard not to look at the chart on the left without getting a desire to ingest mushrooms. :havesomescience:

--------------------

Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Edited by PrimalSoup (06/07/21 07:14 PM)

Offline4d6Mycology
Seeker
I'm a teapot

Re: When the trip starts [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #27339368 - 06/07/21 07:17 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

It's always been the same for me. As soon as I start to feel a slight stoney feeling and breathing becomes slightly shallow, the stoney feeling seems to break like a fever when everything starts morphing. The barrier that one crosses in this process is hard to describe, like being closer to a glass wall that you can see through and then poof you're on the other side. I've always thought of it like a "soul shift". My present conscious mind lets go of the wheel and my inner mind (soul) takes over.

Also, breathing is fucking awesome. Taking deep breaths on a come up can really have a positive influence on my trips, it feels damn near orgasmic :tongue2:

OfflineSkizor1337
Trip King
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: When the trip starts [Re: 4d6Mycology]
    #27339459 - 06/07/21 09:07 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I typically rely on my visuals as well as what music I'm listening to.
If the music I'm vibing with just starts to feel boring I know I am leaving the runway and need to buckle up, smoke up, and shut up lol

The "oh shit lets go" feeling is typically for me around 30 minutes.

I should add I smoke during the experience as well to add fuel to the fire.

--------------------
100% Professional Psychonaut
Trippin' Aint Easy

OfflineSub-Easy
slowly dying since birth
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA NC Flag
Re: When the trip starts [Re: Skizor1337]
    #27339479 - 06/07/21 09:30 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

It's amazing how diverse everyone's experience is.

I had one unusual experience. Transitioning from sober to tripping usually is pretty quick once it starts but it takes a little while to become full on. Maybe a couple minutes at least, after it starts. But the first time I had them wet, 50g, I was totally sober one second and the next second I was lying on my back in a gost forest of giant mushrooms, I was communicating with them telepathically, full on tripping, and no longer in this world. It lasted only a couple of minutes before I came back, but the place I was in felt very real.

--------------------
Just take um like you get um.

Those ephemeral spasms of infinity, in suspended animation, born across a boundless ether of existential misery aloft a revelry (of awe) for the abhorrently sublime.

OfflineSkizor1337
Trip King

Re: When the trip starts [Re: Sub-Easy]
    #27339813 - 06/08/21 07:06 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sub-Easy said:
It's amazing how diverse everyone's experience is.

I had one unusual experience. Transitioning from sober to tripping usually is pretty quick once it starts but it takes a little while to become full on. Maybe a couple minutes at least, after it starts. But the first time I had them wet, 50g, I was totally sober one second and the next second I was lying on my back in a gost forest of giant mushrooms, I was communicating with them telepathically, full on tripping, and no longer in this world. It lasted only a couple of minutes before I came back, but the place I was in felt very real.

That is awesome lol

--------------------
Trippin' Aint Easy

Offline4d6Mycology
Seeker
I'm a teapot

Re: When the trip starts [Re: Skizor1337]
    #27339857 - 06/08/21 08:01 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Skizor1337 said:
I should add I smoke during the experience as well to add fuel to the fire.

:ohyeah:

OfflineTerdleMountain
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: When the trip starts [Re: 4d6Mycology]
    #27339919 - 06/08/21 08:54 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

My experience is limited compared to most others, but I get really stoned/feeling good during the come up and when the peak hits- I'm out and have to go curl up in the dark somewhere for a couple of hours - it's very much like dreaming, but more fantasical and intense. The post peak time is when I can get up and move around and have this stoned/tripping feeling.

The really weird thing is that for the next week or so I will trip from smoking weed, complete with some really hardcore open eye visuals and auditory stuff- it's almost better than the actual mushroom trip. A couple of times I was sure my back yard oak tree was communicating the workings of the universe to me while I was amazed at the paisley night sky  (2 days post 3g lemon tek trip).

I've read most people seem to get introspective on shrooms, I don't, I'm just gone with the wind. Smoking over the next few days is when I really start feeling connected to everything, getting introspective  and really getting grounded in myself. It kinda bothers me because that sounds more like what most describe as their mushroom trips.

Invisiblewolfman42
Truth Lover

Re: When the trip starts [Re: TerdleMountain]
    #27340000 - 06/08/21 09:58 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

A well put question.

Ingest the mushroom and we come to the foothills. Ingest some more and we come to the mountains. Ingest even more we reach the summit and see God.

Back in the real world:

30 minutes - 60 minutes come up. Feeling a little sick. Temperature rising. That is some fever how am I not in the hospital right now? Hot and cold. Sweating profusely. Strong internal vibrations felt unlike any feeling you've felt before. Numbness/cold felt in extremities, skin is red and flush. 

60 minutes - 120 minutes plus. Time for the good part. Turns to euphoria and visuals. This is the experience people want from the Mushroom. This is the best time of your life, or the worst, depending on your mental state.

Edited by wolfman42 (06/08/21 10:02 AM)

Offlineshockplague0
Stranger
Re: When the trip starts [Re: wolfman42]
    #27340132 - 06/08/21 11:40 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I get anxious on the comeup. But before I know it I'm having a blast and shrooming out

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: How does your trip start? [Re: TerdleMountain]
    #27340461 - 06/08/21 04:20 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TerdleMountain said:
The really weird thing is that for the next week or so I will trip from smoking weed

I don't find that weird 'cause I'm the same way.  Though I can't stand weed while tripping. :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleMindMeower
lawnmower for the brain

Re: How does your trip start? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #27340574 - 06/08/21 06:02 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Not long after dosing I begin to experience enhanced colors, like saturation is turned up. My face starts to feel different and there's some change felt in the body too, breathing changes too. Comeup has begun.

Then I begin to see stuff pulsate and rainbowyness happens at edges of things, then I know that the trip is actually starting.

Not much longer I'll start to get mental effects which I enjoy the most and those signal that things have properly begun. At that point I also get some significant closed eye visuals too.

What comes beyond is different every trip.

--------------------
M(e)owing minds :mushroom2:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: How does your trip start? [Re: MindMeower]
    #27340802 - 06/08/21 08:52 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I ping elated and pong sick until one or the other takes hold or I trip out on something and it's off to the races, or the slows depending...

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinehamdinger
Stranger
Re: How does your trip start? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #27340894 - 06/08/21 11:00 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

For me I get the high frequency whine in my ears and it turns into a vibration in my head. Usually very localized. The vibration has a distinct drilling or grinding feeling. I often get visuals of worms chewing the lines that are tethering me to this space. There is always an abrupt end to each wave of vibration. Imagine cutting the lines to a hot air balloon. There is a great release of tension.

That repeats until the thing really happens and theres nothing left holding me.

That and my muscles get all loose and my body gets heavy.

OfflineSub-Easy
slowly dying since birth
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA NC Flag
Re: How does your trip start? [Re: hamdinger]
    #27341158 - 06/09/21 06:23 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

30m- I get drowsy and my body feels really hard to move, that's it, no cold or visuals.

40m- the serface layer of walls and ceilings start to separate, light and color intensity fluctuate, thoughts and feeling of this reality get confusing and I think "they tricked me again" "I've been here before"" I've been here forever"" don't forget, this will not last forever, it just feels like it will""I'm still in this world but its not the same world""did I do mushrooms? Why did I think this was fun,and not remember how strong it is""now they all know I'm here, the FBI, the alien entities,the universe, they all know I'm doing this, but I guess they don't care".

50m-it feels like I'm freezing, i get so tired that I can't keep my eyes open, start the first trance, go to the "waiting room" and meet the entities including the worm alien children. The calabi-yau aproches, brain is drilled.

1h-come up is over and now 30m after first effect I'm rocketed out of the first trance and "the waiting room" and the uncomfortable feelings give way to euforea and vivid CEV jurnies.

2h-3h-come down starting. Lot's of information and understanding being flown through, often with visual examples if I keep eyes closed.
I've only taken 2g three times, it was mild like acid, no first trance "waiting room". Lot's of OEV.

--------------------
Just take um like you get um.

Those ephemeral spasms of infinity, in suspended animation, born across a boundless ether of existential misery aloft a revelry (of awe) for the abhorrently sublime.

OfflineDJ Ed
Mushroom Engineer
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #27341699 - 06/09/21 02:02 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

It also depends on how you define tripping. Do we include the come up also? For me the come up can be pretty trippy, and generally the first part of the trip the visuals are pretty wild. But I get to about an hour in I’d guess, I’m generally sitting lotus position midway between my speakers. Although the music has sounded really cool and 3D for quite some time, it still feels quite dark. With eyes closed it feels like I fall over a precipice. To be more accurate, it’s like I fall upwards into a circular rotating mass of snakes or other fractal type vision.

At that point I know it’s going to be a good one. That’s when I meet the psychedelic hordes. It’s like I’m in a giant fairground ride with hundreds of “people” all on my wavelength, and the ride goes in all directions because all the laws of the universe no longer apply....

DJ Ed

--------------------
“It’s like when you see a mountain lion,” he suggested. “If you run, it will chase you. So you must stand your ground.”
Michael Pollan: How To Change Your Mind

“The problem is not to find the answer, it’s to face the answer.”
Terence McKenna

OfflinePrimalSoup
Other User Gallery

Re: How does your trip start? [Re: DJ Ed]
    #27341746 - 06/09/21 02:31 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

No I don't include the comeup.  The comeup can be fun and a bit of a wild ride but in my mind it's the actual transition from ordinary consciousness to tripping consciousness, or at least the preparation for it.  I always feel like there's a particular moment when the trip itself starts.  I think that's why low doses are unsatisfying - all comeup and no trip...

With tea the comeup is shorter though and maybe it's easier to make the transition.  :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineSkizor1337
Trip King

#27341916 - 06/09/21 04:45 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
No I don't include the comeup.  The comeup can be fun and a bit of a wild ride but in my mind it's the actual transition from ordinary consciousness to tripping consciousness, or at least the preparation for it.  I always feel like there's a particular moment when the trip itself starts.  I think that's why low doses are unsatisfying - all comeup and no trip...

With tea the comeup is shorter though and maybe it's easier to make the transition.  :shrug:

Yea after my last trip this past weekend of 1/8th I honestly can't see myself doing a lower dose unless I'm in a situation where I'm not at my house etc.. where a lower dose would be enjoyable.

1/8th for me is a very chill time - mind you it's not easy to get to the point where I'm having a great time but once I get there I immediately tell myself never go lower than this PLEASE lol

--------------------
Trippin' Aint Easy

Offlinepesa
Male User Gallery

#27342071 - 06/09/21 06:47 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:
So, after a lot of them, I've gotten really good at noticing when the trip actually starts.  I've actually been using that to work on some alternate timeline information transfer experiments (last summer's journal) because if I can't start tripping I know whatever device I'm testing isn't working yet.

But to the point - describe your perceptions of the transition.

I've had it happen in a blink of an eye, literally - one moment I'm cold sober and the next I'm everywhere in hyperspace.  Other times it comes on gradually and I only recognize it by some of the signatures - visuals, time dilation or splicing - but under that stuff I still feel pretty normal.  Usually it's just kind of "oh yeah here we go" and there you go into the beyond.

:goodday:

above 8g its blink of an eye
above 15g its while eating shrooms and drinking lemonade.
these days i am taking below 5g and its been fun the come up and seeing music from waves to full visuals. imo 3g is a very patience work and first thing is body high no visuals and then few waves and more waves till visuals hit.

i am going to make tea for first time using your recipe i never made tea its always lemonade and eating shrooms or shrooms on pizza with extra virgin olive oil.
i did drank tea only once and experience was very clean and no body high entire trip was open eye visuals couldn't enjoy it.
"oh yeah here we go" love that part "finally here we go" :snoopyes:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order