Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Reagent Testing Kit, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSaturninus
Stranger
How to safely take mushrooms?
    #27342012 - 06/09/21 07:58 PM (5 days, 9 hours ago)

So I am very interested in trying shrooms for my depression, but I am also scared. I met some people online that have offered to sell me mushrooms (in person, where I live) but I am afraid they might just sell me some poisonous mushrooms, or it might be adulterated or something. What I have read online is that the biggest danger is that the mushrooms will be poisonous. Is this true?

See I don't really know these people and I never take any drugs. Still I want to go through with this because it might help me greatly. I know there are test kits (erlich), and I can probably post pics online for people to identify, but I am still afraid. Am I overreacting here?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehazyhorse
scoobin

Re: How to safely take mushrooms? [Re: Saturninus]
    #27342021 - 06/09/21 08:07 PM (5 days, 9 hours ago)

don't worry, you're not overreacting. it's super understandable to be wary of street drugs. idk where you live, but in america i don't think it's that common for legit drug dealers to be giving people poisonous mushrooms. they'd almost have to be doing it intentionally i would imagine, as i think any dealer buying enough mushrooms in bulk to sell is probably getting them from someone who grew them. i guess they could be wild & potentially misidentified, which is spooky, but idk ime shrooms are usually cubes which you can SOMEWHAT tell when they are dry. but the safest option would be to get a test kit for it. if there is psilocybin, i would say you are safe. idk if there are any dangerous mushrooms that also contain psilocybin, so i think that would be enough to prove what you have is legit

--------------------
you're not the first to set foot here, just another

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Re: How to safely take mushrooms? [Re: hazyhorse]
    #27342070 - 06/09/21 08:47 PM (5 days, 9 hours ago)

Not over reacting kinda.
I'd be super sketched out about scoring from a stranger off the net. Whether it's some crack head that picked shit off a lawn or some kinda weird fishing sting. Test kit is good if you go through with it, but posting pictures makes for a really hard id most of the time and it's not gonna be certain.

If you want it as a medicine, it's really not hard to do little batches for yourself once in a while. Got links in sig and can give more if you're interested. Just takes a little time and a closet really.

InvisibleSpaceCube
π

Re: How to safely take mushrooms? [Re: LtLurker]
    #27342080 - 06/09/21 08:51 PM (5 days, 9 hours ago)

Yeah, I'd reccomend growing your own shrooms, PF Tek or Shoebox Tek, and buy spores from a Shroomery Sponsor and pay with Bitcoin.

12 4oz jars
1 package of ziplock bags sandwitch sized with zipper.
1 Spore Syringe
Brown Rice / Brown Rice Flour
Vermiculite
Micropore Tape
And some Spring Water.

Should be good to go and have some shrooms in 30 days after innoculating the 4oz jars.

OfflineSaturninus
Stranger
Re: How to safely take mushrooms? [Re: SpaceCube]
    #27342115 - 06/09/21 09:24 PM (5 days, 8 hours ago)

Growing these seems pretty complicated, time consuming, and expensive. Also, as evidenced by the posts of this forum and others online, a hell of a lot could go wrong and waste all your time and money.

My hesitation is in spending more than a month to grow something that I do not even know if I will use. I have never even tried these mushrooms and I may hate the experience or never want to do it again. I wouldn't want to grow a lot just a small amount to try it.

I wouldn't even know how to get started considering I can't even order the spores in my state. I don't even know how to use bitcoin. Even that PF tek seems pretty complicated and subject to easy loss from contamination. Is there something easier?

Edited by Saturninus (06/09/21 09:39 PM)

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

#27342129 - 06/09/21 09:39 PM (5 days, 8 hours ago)

Less difficult than it seems at first. Alot of people have that reaction till they walk through it the first time. But yea, you'd need to find a way to get spores like a friend out of states or an out of state po box.

For your edit. That's understandable. But maybe you should make friends with some of those people before just buying something from them.

Edited by LtLurker (06/09/21 09:48 PM)

OfflineVP123
Strange
Male

Loc: Midwest
    #27342143 - 06/09/21 09:59 PM (5 days, 7 hours ago)

Pf tek is not that hard. I got shrooms in my first try with it. Not too many but enough to have a couple of trips. I didn't do any drug before either and I tried them for my depression. You don't have to use bitcoin. I mailed cash to one of the vendors to purchase spores for microscopy.  At the beginning I thought I was going to try them only once and see. Now I realize I need to trip once a month or every couple of months to keep depression at bay. The first time I didn't even use a pressure cooker but I failed in my second and third attempts unti I got a presto cooker. Now I get shrooms every time I attempt to grow them. Most of the failures and contamination you see discussed here involves the use of grains and not brown rice flour cakes (which is used in pf tek).

And welcome to the shroomery.

InvisibleSpaceCube
π

Re: How to safely take mushrooms? [Re: VP123]
    #27342152 - 06/09/21 10:10 PM (5 days, 7 hours ago)

First off you have to decide to complete goals, millions of people grow mushrooms daily, it's very refined science.

The easiest way to obtain mushrooms is to purchase them from a trusted, high-quality grower, who also properly dries their shrooms.

But, I'd never buy shrooms off the street. I only grow myself, or buy from professionals who I understand their entire growing process.

OfflinePsySounds
listening

Loc: CA
Re: How to safely take mushrooms? [Re: Saturninus] * 1
    #27342156 - 06/09/21 10:13 PM (5 days, 7 hours ago)

You can find spore companies to ship to any state. Most will not ship to CA, ID, and GA but a few will. Or, you must have a trusted friend in some other state who could receive them? The fact is, mushroom cultivation for personal use simply isn't a priority for almost all LE. Just keep it quiet and use common sense. Don't get excited and start talking to people, which most likely you will be tempted to do once you have a bit of success.

Mushrooms have helped more than a few people with depression, myself included. The very process of nurturing the spores through to fruiting is good for depression as far as I'm concerned. I don't know about your depression but I turned to psilocybin as a last resort. Noting else had worked so I was committed to trying the only other thing I thought might help.

Use the time it takes to get a small pf tek off the ground and completed to prepare and research HOW to use mushrooms for healing. It's not as simple as, buy some mushrooms, trip, and depression is magically fixed.

Taking your own medicine that you know intimately and being 100% comfortable with the journey you are about to start out on will pay dividends far beyond the sketchy shortcut you're inquiring about.

OfflineVP123
Strange
Male

Loc: Midwest
Re: How to safely take mushrooms? [Re: PsySounds] * 1
    #27342173 - 06/09/21 10:29 PM (5 days, 7 hours ago)

Quote:

PsySounds said:

Use the time it takes to get a small pf tek off the ground and completed to prepare and research HOW to use mushrooms for healing. It's not as simple as, buy some mushrooms, trip, and depression is magically fixed.

Taking your own medicine that you know intimately and being 100% comfortable with the journey you are about to start out on will pay dividends far beyond the sketchy shortcut you're inquiring about.

This is excellent advice. It is easy to get desperate for mushrooms when one's depression is deep. Just ingesting the mushrooms may help but it's not the best way to address your depression. You may want to do some reading and mental preparation. That way, the probabilities of having a positive experience increase greatly.

You can begin looking at http://tripsafe.org they have very good advice on how to have a positive experience with shrooms.

Oh, and this was mentioned before. If you try them you may be tempted to tell others how great medicine they are. Don't tell anyone, ever, not even to close friends or family. In my case, the only person who knows this is my wife. No one else. Carry on your normal life and even if your friends are depressed resist the temptation to offer them your medicine. Because you don't know how they will react at someone offering them illegal drugs.

OfflinePsySounds
listening

Loc: CA
Re: How to safely take mushrooms? [Re: SpaceCube]
    #27342174 - 06/09/21 10:29 PM (5 days, 7 hours ago)

Quote:

SpaceCube said:
First off you have to decide to complete goals, millions of people grow mushrooms daily, it's very refined science.

Agree it starts with deciding to complete a goal. Mycology is refined science. Most people here are just following fucking instructions. Can you follow a recipe and not totally fuck it up? Yes? Ok, you can do pf tek.

Quote:

SpaceCube said:
The easiest way to obtain mushrooms is to purchase them from a trusted, high-quality grower, who also properly dries their shrooms.

Sure maybe it's easy if you know a trusted grower. OP obviously doesn't. It's not uncommon at all for someone not into the "scene" to not know a seller.

Quote:

SpaceCube said:
But, I'd never buy shrooms off the street. I only grow myself, or buy from professionals who I understand their entire growing process.

Agree.

Offlinekanemush
Stranger
Male
Re: How to safely take mushrooms? [Re: PsySounds]
    #27342195 - 06/09/21 11:01 PM (5 days, 6 hours ago)

People are right unless you know the grower small pf-tek or even a bottle tek would do you find. It would be safer and cheaper in the long run to grow then finding some seedy person. Usually takes a month or two to find a doctor and get an appointment so not really much more time.

Edited by kanemush (06/09/21 11:03 PM)

Offlinerefrigerant
A human (I think)

Re: How to safely take mushrooms? [Re: kanemush]
    #27342234 - 06/09/21 11:38 PM (5 days, 6 hours ago)

For real consider growing, it really is therapeutic in itself. The feeling you get from taking shrooms you poured so much love and attention into is unmatched. Additionally having your own supply will help you really learn how they work best to help you. When I first found shrooms I always felt like I needed to take a big dose so I wouldn't waste the score. I turned myself off to them for years by rushing into a 5g dose I wasn't ready for. Growing let's you experiment and work your way up.

OfflineSaturninus
Stranger
Re: How to safely take mushrooms? [Re: refrigerant]
    #27342244 - 06/09/21 11:50 PM (5 days, 6 hours ago)

You guys have made some good points. I do beleive that it would be best to grow them, so I had more trust in the product.

I only need a little bit just to test these, say like 5g or so (which I will take over many doses to start). What is the easiest or least expensive way to grow these?

Offlinerefrigerant
A human (I think)

#27342352 - 06/10/21 02:01 AM (5 days, 3 hours ago)

This right here:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=24981864&page=0&vc=1#24981864

When you get to the pf tek part that links another thread, you can go read that or just watch part 1&2 of this classic:
https://www.mushroomvideos.com/BRF-Pf-Tek

The pf tek is the golden standard for beginners and is all you really need to know.

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Loc: A thought
Re: How to safely take mushrooms? [Re: refrigerant]
    #27342366 - 06/10/21 02:12 AM (5 days, 3 hours ago)

Being the grower will also give you a plus one with the shroom god's and put you in control...or something. Growing also requires of you the same traits that make using them more effective- patience, precision and willingness to research. Don't buy from some rando you set up with online. The fear of getting poison ( very unlikely) is much less than the risk of the person being some sketchy tweaker you don't want to know or an actual cop or some shit lol.

OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Re: How to safely take mushrooms? [Re: Smartattack]
    #27342769 - 06/10/21 11:23 AM (4 days, 18 hours ago)

Current pf tek is in my signature.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Reagent Testing Kit, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started