Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineProoN
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, Colorado, Mic...
Unpaid wages, overtime, etc (California specific)
    #27341985 - 06/09/21 07:41 PM (3 days, 3 hours ago)

Hey all. Got a few questions here about overtime/double time/unpaid wages, etc.

During the peak of the pandemic in 2020 (February and the next 8 months or so that followed) I worked 7 days a week *often*, averaging about 110-120 hours every 2 weeks. I was never paid double time though did receive overtime, however I'm wondering how I would go about filing an unpaid wages claim? We have about 5 or so people working for the same company who also didn't get paid correctly, though a few of them weren't even paid overtime let alone double time. And when that gets added up, given how much we actually worked, that's probably in the tens of thousands of dollars that we're collectively owed.

Have any of you even gone through filing an unpaid wages claim or anything? I have all my paystubs though they don't have the actual clock in times, just the total hours worked and such for each pay period. I'm sure they have the rest on record though.

Kudos in advance for any help!

-D

--------------------
A human being is part of a whole, called by us, the "Universe", a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Armchair Anarchist
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Coast 2 Coast Flag
Re: Unpaid wages, overtime, etc (California specific) [Re: ProoN]
    #27342008 - 06/09/21 07:56 PM (3 days, 3 hours ago)

Collect any evidence first and make copies. Pay stubs, time cards, whatever you can get.

Ask direct supervisor about it. If it's not satisfactory ask HR. HR is there to protect the employer, not to help the employee.

If that's not helpful you'd file a labour complaint with the state. You waited a long time though dude and the company will probably "lose" all the time cards on file they had so there isn't much to go on anyway.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

OTD Armchair Anarchist
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Unpaid wages, overtime, etc (California specific) [Re: Ahab McBathsalts] * 4
    #27342010 - 06/09/21 07:57 PM (3 days, 3 hours ago)

Or you just chock it up to a big fuck you and start stealing from the place until you are about even.

--------------------

OfflineOutsideOfMyMind
LSD Self Administrative Director
 User Gallery

Re: Unpaid wages, overtime, etc (California specific) [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #27342049 - 06/09/21 08:32 PM (3 days, 2 hours ago)

So employment lawyers are free and you don't pay a penny out of pocket. Honestly I would just talk to an employment lawyer and start a class action lawsuit since five other employees experience the same thing. Don't bother going to the labor board. You'll get more money if you sue.

--------------------

OfflineRebelutionsssss
Mdmazing
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: San Francisco
    #27342286 - 06/10/21 12:50 AM (2 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

Ahab McBathsalts said:
Or you just chock it up to a big fuck you and start stealing from the place until you are about even.

:lol: Love it.

I would listen to this fine gentlemen, they’re going to try and fuck you if you go about it properly. Either gather your evidence and your coworkers and slam them with a suit or just have them slowly misplace shit :lol: either way you probably don’t want to continue working at a place that wants to fuck over the dudes putting in stupid overtime :shrug: also right now wages are high and people need workers so look at your company’s competitors and apply there. Might make 5-10 bucks more an hour with non dickhead bosses

--------------------
:
To define is to confine.

OTD Armchair Anarchist
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Unpaid wages, overtime, etc (California specific) [Re: Rebelutionsssss]
    #27342469 - 06/10/21 05:28 AM (2 days, 17 hours ago)

Yeah. Don't work for places that fuck up your pay. Once can be a honest mistake, but I ain't showing up here for the fine dining and culture. I'm here for the paycheque. If the money don't show, neither do I.

--------------------

OfflineProoN
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, Colorado, Mic...
    #27343523 - 06/10/21 09:05 PM (2 days, 2 hours ago)

Well, the head of human resources is also the one who does payroll and she's the one always looking for ways NOT to pay us (I guess?) It's weird, she'll brag about how much money they're making but go out of her way to cut us short. It's a really small company and I honestly get along great with everyone there (even her surprisingly -- she even texts my mom sometimes) not to mention I actually ENJOY my job which is why I'm reluctant to cause a fuss about it. If I did the math, I'd guess I myself am owed around $3500 alone which isn't really pocket change. Not really sure what to do given the situation.

I was kind of hoping there'd be a way to have the payroll history be "randomly" audited if that's even a thing.

--------------------
A human being is part of a whole, called by us, the "Universe", a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

Edited by ProoN (06/10/21 09:07 PM)

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: Unpaid wages, overtime, etc (California specific) [Re: ProoN]
    #27343688 - 06/10/21 11:51 PM (1 day, 23 hours ago)

If you're not keeping track of your own hours and expenses and bringing it to them each time you're shorted, it will keep happening. Just have proof of your hours every pay period and challenge any discrepancy.

And ask for a raise too.

Onlinenamaste
Mayor of ODD
 User Gallery

Loc: Mom's Kitchen
Re: Unpaid wages, overtime, etc (California specific) [Re: PatrickKn] * 1
    #27343702 - 06/11/21 12:05 AM (1 day, 23 hours ago)

Call the Department of Labor, wage and hour division.  File a complaint.  Get the other staff to do the same.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub