Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesnapapple
Rangler
I'm a teapot
Tea didn't work - Did I use something that interfered?
    #27338645 - 06/07/21 11:17 AM (11 days, 1 hour ago)

So, I had a strange experience this weekend - I've never put mushies in a tea before, I generally dry them and put them in chocolates.

I've had some friends with stomach sensitivities so I thought I'd try doing a tea but I wanted to try it out before passing it along, so I made some and took it camping with me.
I steeped an herbal tea containing the following :
Ashwaganda, chamomile, rooibos, fennel seed, ginger rhizome, marshmallow root, licorice root, tulsi leaf, cardamom seed and black pepper, a bit of honey

Some stuff for stomach support and some stuff for stress reduction. Kind of a lot of things but I thought it would be a good blend.

I made the tea (3 bags for strength) in about 8 oz water. Let it cool completely. Added 8 G ground mushies that I'd had in the freezer, it was a little chunky so I blended it again. I was going to strain but wanted to try it leaving them in the first time so I stuck it in the fridge, it sat for maybe 8 hours, maybe 10 until we got to our camping site.
Tea turned dark blue and got a bit darker over the day.

I shook it up and warmed it over a camp stove for less than a minute, it was hot but not boiling. We each started with 1.5 oz (so 1.5 g) because I usually trip on that much and I thought it might have a quicker onset with the tea, so we were going to ramp up.

No effect whatsoever.
After a bit over an hour we had 1g more each, unheated.

Absolutely nothing.

I've never had this happen before. I am pretty sure this is a batch of mushies I made chocolates that worked for me at 1.5g a few weeks ago. I'm going to test the rest of the batch by itself in a couple of days to see if that's it but I think they were good, and the dosage was normal for me, and I had literally NOTHING. So did my bud.

Wondering if anybody has had a similar experience?
I don't think it was my tea making process since I left the mushies in there.

Even if one of the tea ingredients coats your stomach I'd assume it would wear off in time to have some effect even if it wasn't much, I took chewable pepto once a bit before eating some mushies and still had a trip just much later.

Any guidance?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetonz0Funguy
Male

Loc: 420 yellow brick road
Re: Tea didn't work - Did I use something that interfered? [Re: snapapple]
    #27338658 - 06/07/21 11:30 AM (11 days, 1 hour ago)

Get them cracker dry & grind to dust in a coffee grinder then mix with honey, eat honey, no heat no loss I add a lil peanut butter yummy!! Chocolate sub for honey is also good!! Just try again!! Sometime the stars just don’t align.

--------------------
"The search bar is a oracle"

OfflinerabbitPerson
Stranger
Re: Tea didn't work - Did I use something that interfered? [Re: tonz0Funguy]
    #27339003 - 06/07/21 04:17 PM (10 days, 20 hours ago)

Hey, so if the tea turned dark blue that sounds like your actives oxidized. This can happen pretty quickly in bad conditions.

Personally I don't grind my mushrooms for tea, I just steep them in boiled water for 5 or so minutes,  exactly like one would prepare a regular tea bag. I don't consume the mushrooms either. You can try a mesh tea ball for making it easier to not consume the solids.

I have never actually eaten mushroom solids so I don't know if it's different,  but I find the taste of my tea to be very pleasant and I have tripped much harder on 2g of cracker dried mushrooms than on a 125microgram dose of lsd.

InvisibleLovage
Full Time Ding Dong

Re: Tea didn't work - Did I use something that interfered? [Re: rabbitPerson]
    #27339473 - 06/07/21 11:23 PM (10 days, 13 hours ago)

I had a similar issue with frozen fruits and tea. Drank a ton and nothing. Ate the frozen fruits and nothing. Ate dried fruits same batch diff day nothing, 2g dried fruits and crunched into small particles and made tea with lemon (same batch again diff day) bugged out nicely. I’m wondering if freezing them ruins them.

--------------------
I know what comes out and I am sure you want NOTHING to do with it!
Just Saying....

Offlinesnapapple
Rangler
I'm a teapot
Re: Tea didn't work - Did I use something that interfered? [Re: Lovage]
    #27340377 - 06/08/21 05:04 PM (9 days, 19 hours ago)

I've always dried to cracker then frozen it them with silica packets to keep them dry. Never had an issue before but maybe now they've been frozen too long?

I'm trying the rest of this batch today without the tea to see if it was the mushies or my process.

Offlinehalf.fast
Fossil
I'm a teapot

Loc: Down there
Re: Tea didn't work - Did I use something that interfered? [Re: snapapple]
    #27341406 - 06/09/21 12:09 PM (9 days, 52 minutes ago)

A while ago I found a research paper (which I didn’t bookmark, unfortunately) where they were trying to figure out the best storage conditions for cubes. The winner was cracker dry, at room temperature, in the dark. Light, heat, cold, and wet all caused actives to deteriorate faster. I was a little surprised about cold being worse than room temperature, but...science!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Herb Grinder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience