Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

They are ruining it!!!!!
    #2733863 - 05/26/04 07:41 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well I just found out today that some genious decided to destroy one of the best natural places in my area. This place zoar valley is the coolest place around these parts. You park at this little dirt/gravel area and then just walk up the creek for about an hour until you get to this cool-ass waterfall where you can jump off. And some jackass has decided to fuck all that up and build like a parking lot and shit near the waterfall. The best part about the place is how its untouched by man and it is all natural. You need to earn the waterfall by taking the walk and not just parking your car and being there. The walk can be tough especially if you are hauling 100 beers in a steel cooler full of water and ice up a creek for an hour, but the experience wouldnt be as good if you didnt have the walk. I dont even know what to think im so pissed at life right now that they are going to ruin nature like that, the place is so perfect without concrete edifices and manmade shit, but no now they gotta tear the shit out of the place, kill all the shit living there and prob poison it in the process. They might as well just pop a starbucks in there while they are at it those shitbags.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZutroye
Duke
Re: They are ruining it!!!!! [Re: relativexistance]
    #2733914 - 05/26/04 08:00 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Man I hate that shit we are destroying our planet. Something needs to be done. fast

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#2733920 - 05/26/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

that sucks...when it's buried in nature and everything it is so much better.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2733949 - 05/26/04 08:10 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I know the feeling
my favorite swimming hole growing up was called bluewater cuz it was so clear and blue, shady, out in the country.

they filled it in and built a highway right over it, sad

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: They are ruining it!!!!! [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2733961 - 05/26/04 08:15 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

that sucks...there are some very cool trails and stuff too hike somewhere in wisconsin...i haven't been to them in atleast 6 years and don't know where they are. But i wanna find out cause it had freshwater springs in random places, and such beautiful scenery and everything.

--------------------

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: They are ruining it!!!!! [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #2733990 - 05/26/04 08:27 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

enjoy it while its there

that concretes a-slowly creepin' in

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: They are ruining it!!!!! [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2734041 - 05/26/04 08:41 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, really...and now it seems like cops have easy access to it if you are doing anything illegal, which sucks.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2734527 - 05/26/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You know who many spots in my area I have watched DIE????

I used to go down to the river, with my friend and his dog , know the rich people live there, I used to go to the forest up from the river and have spent many a night walking through there tripping.

So many spots along that river were ripped up, then there was the only forest in town, killed, for what? well nothing there yet!!!

The mall uptown, used to have a gazebo, away from the soul sucking area of the mall and the parking lot, it had  a "scene" musical and otherwise, lots of trees a dense lush little park.

But that was killed and as it turns out...my towns officals are CROOKED!,  and they FUCKED US , I wont get into all the details but we were lied to fucked over and we cant get that spot back.

The foor trafic throught there now? nonexistent, they killed the scene.

Getting back to nature, I am lucky to live in BC , but where I live is haveing the most rapid expansion of the whole area and its getting to the point were I have to DRIVE to the forest or GO CAMPING, we are killing everything that made our area special.

well....I am going to go punch the couch pillows until I collapse from exhaution and weep. :frown:

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (05/26/04 10:14 PM)

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2734565 - 05/26/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Don't just bitch about it. I got a job as a canvasser working with Greenpeace and Save the Children to get donations and petitions signed this summer. It's hard work, about 5-6 hours of walking a day but it feels great to know you're making a difference.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: They are ruining it!!!!! [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2734569 - 05/26/04 10:21 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

there is a few cool spots in a park in this one park by my house. One of them is a 2 minute walk away from where i was in drug rehab, but really chill. It's on a trail in some woods. ANd keeps getting higher and at one point, there is and open area and pretty big cliff...and then some dirt and a river. On the otherside is a public park with an ahphalt trail and the asphalt trail is busy with walkers/bikers/rollerbladers. But you can sit on the cliff and smoke a bowl or joint or blunt, whatever you want and it's totally chill. Its great when cops see you, cause they can't do shit to you. The quickest way for them to catch you (while on the other side of the river) is to walk three blocks down, cross a bridge, climb up a really steep hill and then walk the 3 blocks through the trails and you are easily long gone. Or they can cross the river, and climb up the 70 ft. or so cliff which would be very hard cause its dirt and crumbles easily...i've done it once...while it was wet and muddy and i got dir-tay. but its a fun spot. There are a number of cool spots along those trails...

--------------------

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
    #2734636 - 05/26/04 10:38 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

the devil poured his concrete
across all our empty fields

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #2734654 - 05/26/04 10:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

That truly does suck. :sad:
Fortunately, I live in a rather undeveloped place where a green spot is but a short walk away, although even that is changing. :frown: Still and all, it's kinda nice, really. :laugh:

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: They are ruining it!!!!! [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2734750 - 05/26/04 11:04 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i wish you could just go anywhere and build a cabin or something. and not have to pay taxes and shit.

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#2734842 - 05/26/04 11:43 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I know exactly what you're talking about.

I've been chilling at a cool spot at this lake by my place. We blaze there, swim, drink beers, make fires, do mushrooms, and generally have a good old time. All nice and wholesome.... but now all the local teens decided to start partying up there more, destroying all the trees, making big fires, ruining the scenery, and cutting down all the arbutus trees in drunken furies. Grrrr. Now it's a heat scene. Cops come up there all the time... but it's too late. I feel partly responsible. :frown:

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: They are ruining it!!!!! [Re: browndustin]
    #2734875 - 05/26/04 11:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

that sucks....i hate when a group comes in a ruins everything for everyone...i know what it's like.

--------------------

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #2735076 - 05/27/04 12:57 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Don't be a passive bystander while the gifts of nature are bieng destroyed by the man. Fight back!
Organize a guerilla operation to sabatouge the destruction/construction project.
you could pour cement in the engine block of all the heavy machinery at night.
that would set them back for several months. Than when they come back, find another way to fuck them.

--------------------

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

Re: They are ruining it!!!!! [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2735094 - 05/27/04 01:06 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

they tear our shit down like weeds......... well of course it is just a desert.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: They are ruining it!!!!! [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2735130 - 05/27/04 01:20 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dreamer987 said:
Don't be a passive bystander while the gifts of nature are bieng destroyed by the man. Fight back!
Organize a guerilla operation to sabatouge the destruction/construction project.
you could pour cement in the engine block of all the heavy machinery at night.
that would set them back for several months. Than when they come back, find another way to fuck them.

I agree. Try to find some like-minded individuals and take action.

Offlinejuende
feministpresence

#2736588 - 05/27/04 11:56 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

whoa i didn;t know that! crap i haven't been up there yet this year and a parking lot is not what i was planning to see.... i have a jack hammer saved special for occasions like these... :smile:
i hope that it ends at this... one parking lot too many, but it is all likely that it'll become a tourists post and need more ways to pull money via srabucks and strip malls.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds