Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMikeOLove
Stranger
Fever and Near Death
    #27338903 - 06/07/21 03:06 PM (10 days, 23 hours ago)

I've had probable a half dozen full trips in my life and a few micro doses.  I've also experienced DMT.  I've never had a bad "trip" until now.
I want to clarify a few things:  I was in a good mood, with my boyfriend, in a beautiful secluded campsite we stayed at for the second night.  We blended 7 grams of PE into a mixed berry smoothie.  I took 3.5 grams of the same batch of PE, ate it whole, and had a good/decent trip, although far more physical than any other trip. 

A few months later we take this camping trip I drink my half and my boyfriend drinks half of his.  If it was blended evenly than I would have had 3.5 and he 1.75.  My boyfriend spent the night vomiting off and on.  I was kind of okay at first.  I felt like the colors were loud.  I saw some swirly geometric patterns.  Cool.  Then came what I am pretty sure was an intense fever.  Either I was completely trippin' or I had a really high fever.  I started moving around, but couldn't control it (maybe I was convulsing?).  I lost my ego, my mind, and when I came back to some semblance of reality I became more aware of my body's inability to regulate temperature correctly.  I felt so cold, yet I had been burning up a few hours before.  I needed to go outside the tent to pee, but I was afraid of being shocked by the cold and being thrown into a dangerous fever (which I believe was real). I started thinking how dangerous and irresponsible this was.  I had no cell phone reception and neither of us could drive.  My boyfriend was too sick to move.  I for real felt like I could have died.
Can an experienced shroomer tell me what they think of this experience?  Did we get a bad or contaminated mushroom?  Were they just super strong and maybe I took too much by accident because it didn't get evenly blended? Could it have something to do with the strain PE? Could I have had a high fever and been in convulsions? Could I have really died or was this some sort of hallucinogenic fear?

I always felt like each trip you take is for a reason and teaches you something.  I always felt like you see and experience what you need to at that time.  I got a few take-a-ways from this in my life.  The main take-a-way was an appreciation for life.  The second is an appreciation for the force that mushrooms can be and if I end up cultivating them I realize what a responsibility that is.  I have been studying for a few years now, but maybe this is telling me I'm not ready or at least to be careful.  I'm not trying to produce something that could potentially kill someone.
Bad mushrooms?
You may choose only one
Yes
No
Possible to die from mushroom induced fever and convulsions?
You may choose only one
Yes
No

Votes accepted from (06/07/21 01:05 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKmacmo
The aborted pin
Other

Loc: Upinthehills
Re: Fever and Near Death [Re: MikeOLove]
    #27338914 - 06/07/21 03:15 PM (10 days, 23 hours ago)

If your absolutely sure they were psilocybe PE, how did you store them? Are you sure they didn't start to go bad before you ate them?

The question in your poll is it possible to die from mushroom convulsions and fever, I think it would be more likely if the shrooms were a deadly species or just moldy bad mushrooms.
As far as a trip goes its very unlikely you will die.

--------------------

OfflineSocrateshroomS
сталкер

Loc: Underworld
Re: Fever and Near Death [Re: Kmacmo] * 1
    #27339064 - 06/07/21 05:12 PM (10 days, 21 hours ago)

:whathesaid:

If it was indeed Penis Envy the 4 possibilities seem to be

1) Allergic reaction (unlikely since it didn't happen the first time)

2) Mushrooms were moldy or had live bacteria on them (possible if improperly dried/stored)

3) You were tripping hard

4) Coincidence. You and your partner were getting sick (or perhaps ingested something prior to that made you sick) and the sickening effects coincided with psilocybin ingestion.

People underestimate how much their perception can change when under the influence of psychedelics and how it could affect them. For example, my come-ups always seem to have me go from hot to cold until I hit the peak and calm down. My body temperature is not wildly changing akin to my perception, the effects of the mushrooms are coming on.

Barring an allergic reaction, assuming psilocybin containing mushrooms that aren't contaminated, neither the mushroom nor the psilocybin is dangerous in any way.

We would need more information to even speculate on the cause.

Did you grow them?

If not, is your source reliable?

Can you confidently say they were dried and stored in a way that ensured no contamination?

Are you certain they were PE? Are you certain they were psilocybe cubensis?

--------------------
“What comes true here is that which reflects your true nature. The most secret desire. It is within you. It governs you. Yet you are ignorant of it.”

- Andrei Tarkovsy, Stalker

redgreenvines said:
seek wonder, not pleasure and you will love psychedelics again, if you did in your youth. Sometimes it means be a student again. sometimes quite literally.

My First Trip

Offlinewolfman42
Stranger

#27339772 - 06/08/21 08:27 AM (10 days, 6 hours ago)

I've had a very similar experience. This is exactly what mushrooms do at the right dosage. There is nothing strange about your experience at all, except that you fought it.

The fever and the feeling of dying - all part of it. The ride up is intense. I know. I've been there. Your fever was not dangerous. This is the normal mode of action for the mushrooms. That's how they enable your experience. By bringing 'you' down. You fought them. Sounds like your bf did too.

The ego is like a powerful elephant that can't be brought down by anything less ferocious than a lion. The mushrooms are the lion. It is their purpose to make you sick and get you out of the way. Unless you're just doing a museum dose to see some wavy lines - a completely different kind of trip.

When I had my experience I lost the fight because my dose was too much and finally I surrendered. It was the most profound trip of my life. And it was also the most intense one I've ever had. And it started just like what you're describing.

Set and setting are so important. You also did not have a sitter who was sober. You were out camping in the woods and not in a comfortable setting for such a large dose. I would not do a large dose if my bed wasn't next to me, personal preference.

Edited by wolfman42 (06/08/21 08:27 AM)

OfflineMikeOLove
Stranger
    #27341798 - 06/09/21 05:13 PM (8 days, 21 hours ago)

Thank you guys.  I'm confident it was PE.  Looks like albino PE to me.  After talking with several expeienced trippers and you guys, it seems this was most likely just how my trip was this time.  It's so odd how I was convinced I couldn't control my body temperature. In further research it seems body temperature fluxuation is not an uncommon side effect.  How severe that body temperature fluxuation was I'll never know. 
I'm thinking that next time I blend a smoothie I'm going to blend each person's dose separately.  I think there's a good chance I accidentally took more than 3.5grams.  Also, could blending it change the way your body absorbs it?  Maybe eating them whole makes them harder to break down.
Despite this difficult trip I don't feel bad about it or regret it like I did at that time. I'm not giving up on Mycology either, but I am going to take this trip as a cautionary message.
Thanks again everyone.

OfflineSub-Easy
slowly dying since birth
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA NC Flag
    #27342582 - 06/10/21 09:07 AM (8 days, 5 hours ago)

Yeah, I didn't believe I could have a bad trip because I love trips, until I did have a bad one, and a couple more soon after. But it was only on one batch, of golden teacher and no one else had them. But those were some of the most spiritual also, after the bad suddenly changed to good. I also learned to walk right up to the bad trip and say "hay scary ass shit, what are you trying to tell me" and then they get nice and show me things, or I just am able to try and enjoy the bad trip for what it is if it's not changing no matter what.

Did you feel better towards the end or did was it bad till it was over?

If it was mold or bacterial, it would just make you sick, the same as food poisoning, but not anything to worry about.

If it was miss identification, you probably would have problems long after the four hours you were tripping.

But you answered your question already. You said it was your first bad trip. You will probably have more before it's over, and it's impossible to avoid them if you keep taking mushrooms, but you get better at handling them. They are hard to fight because they trick you into thinking they are real so well, that it's hard to talk yourself down. You just know you have a fever and are dying and you can't reason yourself out of that fact.

All I can say is Know that you will 100% be completely fine,no matter what the mushrooms are screaming at you to believe. And they will ware off. So just embrace the bad trip and let yourself be miserable, chances are that will help change it around, but even if it doesn't, you don't always have a say so, so get as comfortable as possible and try to relax till it's over.

Don't worry about growing bad mushrooms, just treat them like anything else you put in your mouth, just out of respect for the people that are eating them.

You can't fuck mushrooms up, they are already fucked up. You can't take the wrong dose, taking them at all is the wrong dose. There is nothing for sure about these things. Just be fair and let people know that before you give them to them, and the rest is up to them. You aren't being hurt by them, no matter what you might think at the time.

I think you're boyfriend throwing up probably put you both in that mind set.

Edited by Sub-Easy (06/10/21 09:16 AM)

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
 User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Re: Fever and Near Death [Re: Sub-Easy]
    #27342592 - 06/10/21 09:22 AM (8 days, 5 hours ago)

I've learned to laugh at anything I see, I just find it hilarious when weird sh1t manifests itself in my trip.
The moment I laugh at it it just ceases to have any real impact other than amazement at the time, I find the chemical interactions to be super interesting on a cellular level and it just sits in my mind throught.

OfflineNeurotech
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Fever and Near Death [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #27342704 - 06/10/21 10:51 AM (8 days, 4 hours ago)

I agree with Wolfman's take on this. Feeling like you are dying can be an indicator of / fear of ego death. Whatever that really is, it involves letting go, losing yourself, and fighting this feeling is counterproductive. Easier said than done, but with a high dose you need to surrender.

Namaste

OfflineSocrateshroomS
сталкер

Loc: Underworld
Re: Fever and Near Death [Re: Neurotech]
    #27344221 - 06/11/21 11:44 AM (7 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

Neurotech said:
I agree with Wolfman's take on this. Feeling like you are dying can be an indicator of / fear of ego death. Whatever that really is, it involves letting go, losing yourself, and fighting this feeling is counterproductive. Easier said than done, but with a high dose you need to surrender.

Namaste

:whathesaid:

Last time I took a heavy dose of APE, I felt like I was dying, everything was spinning so much I couldn't move and when I managed to throw my body off my bed and drag it to the bathroom, I had a full on panic attack as I started "whiting out" and completely losing my sense of self.

I was convinced that something was wrong and I fought it every step of the way (bad idea).

Eventually when these feelings calmed down a bit and were at a level where I was either willing to let go/was too exhausted from fighting against it for so long, I had one of the most amazing trips of my life.

So, it would seem that this intense manifestation of the "death" experience is just a part of higher doses, an act of the brain being tricked or tricking itself into such a belief.

And as for your question OP about whole fruits vs. ground up, the stomach will need to break them down if they're whole which usually has a longer but more consistent come-up. If you grind them and consume them in something acidic (like tea with lemon or just lemon juice) you go from 0 to 100 very quickly.

Edited by Socrateshroom (06/11/21 11:45 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience