Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Research survey - please SHROOM and help.
    #2733002 - 05/26/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Folks, I'd like to ask a favor. Fo those that don't wear rings, please go buy a 25 cent ring somewhere, put it on - and shroom your butt off. For those that already wear rings, please just answer the survey:

Upon taking a dose of 2.5g or more, have you noticed that your fingers swell? Have you tried to remove the ring when you are in the middle of the trip, and checked to see if it has become TIGHTER?

If you have experienced this, please tell what else, besides the swelling - was an uncomfortable aspect of the effects. Let me know how much you swelled, and whether it was just the fingers, or the arm as well.

PLEASE - I do not want to hear any responses from anybody unless they have either A) gone out and put on a ring and tripped to guage for certain whether they swelled, or B)are married or something and wear a ring everyday anyway. What I'm saying is don't post and say things like "I've done it a hundred times and it's never happened." <--- no kidding...I was in the same boat, too - because I never wore a ring - until now.

I need to know if I'm the only one. Thank you for your help. I fear this may be the end of my "exploration", since I cannot obtain acid - and if shrooms don't like me, well then it's a very sad day for me.

If you'd like the full background on this, see this thread:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

((IGNORE THE POLL, I'm a goofball))
Have you, with a ring on, ever swelled?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (05/26/04 12:00 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Edited by Grizzy (05/26/04 03:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Research survey - please SHROOM and help. [Re: Grizzy]
    #2733090 - 05/26/04 03:43 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

If you only have yes for an answer than that is not a survey becasue then it is not fair and balanced. You can not have yes without no.

mj

OfflineGrizzy

Re: Research survey - please SHROOM and help. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2733216 - 05/26/04 04:06 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

John, I know. That's why I tried to edit it out. Since I could not, I just put that little note in there about forgetting the poll. That's what I mean by saying I'm a goofball -> I screwed up the poll. Dog-gone, can't make the "poll" part of it go away.

However, I'd love to hear the answers anyway - in post form.

MJ - especially your opinion. I've been waiting to hear whether or not you think this may be of any medical concern. The question being this: IF, and even if it may seem unlikely, let's pretend it's true - IF it IS TRUE - that my hands swell when I eat mushrooms - then from a medical standpoint - what is it that my body is doing? Why is it reacting like that? And finally, am I safe?

Thanks a million. I mean it, a million!

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2733269 - 05/26/04 04:17 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You know what I think that happens?

When I trip I feel very warm, mushc warmer than normal. I the summer or whenever It's warm or when I've sported my hands are bigger too. It has probably something to do with your veins swelling I guess.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2733274 - 05/26/04 04:19 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

There must be something wrong with you then since no one else has swelling hands.

My girlfriend tells me they make my dick swell.

A swelling dick, yes! but hands. no!

mj

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Research survey - please SHROOM and help. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2733331 - 05/26/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

mj, you know the veins on your hands and arms are thicker after physical exercise. same thing when it's very warm.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Research survey - please SHROOM and help. [Re: stefan]
    #2733369 - 05/26/04 04:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

stefan said:
You know what I think that happens?

When I trip I feel very warm, mushc warmer than normal. I the summer or whenever It's warm or when I've sported my hands are bigger too. It has probably something to do with your veins swelling I guess.

My thought as well. But that would be a normal swelling, not like blowing up your hands.

OfflineGrizzy

Re: Research survey - please SHROOM and help. [Re: Annom]
    #2733869 - 05/26/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sorry, please dismiss the aspect of "blowing up your hands" since it seems to conjure a rediculous image in your mind.

Replace it with simple swelling.

The heat talk REALLY makes sense.  After all, heat makes things expand, cold shrinks.  The only reason I even mentioned "blowing up" is because they really looked kinda "puffy".  Very hard to be exact with trying to describe it, but again - I am really curious to see what would happen if some of you bought a ring that FIT TIGHT when you're sober.  Put it on and shroom balls.  Check the ring when you're tripping and see if it's tighter or not.  Simple test, really.

I guess I just hope that if some of you guys may be nice enough - maybe you'll think of this next time you shroom and give it a shot, just for me, just for kicks, just in case...

Cheers!
:smile:

(Hilarious MJ.  To tell you the truth, I never looked down my pants that night.  I didn't want to.  Christ, could you image if you found that your prick had grown to horse-cock?  I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry.  ha ha)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag