Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #24447284 - 06/30/17 02:33 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psilosopherr said:
Not trying to 'disagree,' its just interesting how peoples experiences vary.

Experiences and archetypes don't particularly differ but interpretations do.
And at the end of the day everything is a paradox anyways.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleoontribe
Male User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #24447657 - 06/30/17 05:01 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Yea i think psychedelics are very subjective.

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Devoswitch]
    #24447805 - 06/30/17 06:04 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Devoswitch said:
Well as stated I for one am one of those (hopefully) cured cases after high dose. It's a been a few years now and I can honestly say I haven't had depression since.
Maybe it was just the ferocity of the trip that made me appreciate myself and my life more. Who knows. I'm not complaining cause I had been in a bad way for years and years.

Do you remember the dosage?

@Psilosopherr,
11 grams huh? Can I asked if you tossed chunks?  I fought to keep mine down because I wanted to make sure I got the full dosage.  Also, for either of you, was that your first large dose or did I take a couple tries?

InvisibleDevoswitch
Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tasmania Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: FlatHatter]
    #24448114 - 06/30/17 08:08 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I took a couple of trips of 7.5g psilocybe subaeruginosa within a couple of weeks of each other. I reckon I know the trip which did it for me though. It was a tough day.

Edit: that was the highest dose I've taken to date. I won't ever take that much again.

Edit #2 previously before these trips my highest dose was around 5g subaeruginosa.

Edited by Devoswitch (06/30/17 08:14 PM)

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: FlatHatter]
    #24448374 - 06/30/17 09:35 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FlatHatter said:
@Psilosopherr,
11 grams huh? Can I asked if you tossed chunks?  I fought to keep mine down because I wanted to make sure I got the full dosage.  Also, for either of you, was that your first large dose or did I take a couple tries?

I've never been one to throw up from mushrooms, I frequently become nauseous from them though. Around morning time I started getting some intensely unpleasant feelings in my stomach, I had fasted the whole day before the experience, might've had something to do with it. Hard to remember what my biggest dose weighed before that night...maybe 5 grams around there.

Watching the moon go across the sky and then the sun rise with two of my closest friends and others...don't know if I mentioned this before but a big part of the night was me being obsessed with the moon, staring at it. I remember thinking it was associated with the fourth of july, some sort of glowing party blimp I reasoned, moving all over the place and all with the visuals. Eventually somebody mentions that I'm in love with the moon and I'm just astounded when it hits me, and everybodies laughing at me like howww did you not know that was the moon? :lol:

reminiscing now, I digress

OfflineLooseMorels
Immigant
Male User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #24448744 - 07/01/17 01:31 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psilosopherr said:
Quote:

FlatHatter said:
@Psilosopherr,

I've never been one to throw up from mushrooms, I frequently become nauseous from them though. Around morning time I started getting some intensely unpleasant feelings in my stomach, I had fasted the whole day before the experience, might've had something to do with it. Hard to remember what my biggest dose weighed before that night...maybe 5 grams around there.

Watching the moon go across the sky and then the sun rise with two of my closest friends and others...don't know if I mentioned this before but a big part of the night was me being obsessed with the moon, staring at it. I remember thinking it was associated with the fourth of july, some sort of glowing party blimp I reasoned, moving all over the place and all with the visuals. Eventually somebody mentions that I'm in love with the moon and I'm just astounded when it hits me, and everybodies laughing at me like howww did you not know that was the moon? :lol:

reminiscing now, I digress

Haha, number one: Fritz the Cat...

Two: Yep. I had an LSD sesh that involved the moon once. Was out camping, never took my eyes off it from rise to set.

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: LooseMorels]
    #24465273 - 07/07/17 02:01 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Wanted to mention I think I've had a breakthrough!!!  Going through some things lately and decided to try again, but with 5 grams and outside this time on a longgg nature walk.  Felt fantastic!

I will write up a short trip report, but basically identifide my demon and made peace.  Kind of holding my breath, but I think I'm cured!

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: LooseMorels]
    #24465314 - 07/07/17 02:18 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Wanted to mention I think I've had a breakthrough!!!  Going through some things lately and decided to try again, but with 5 grams and outside this time on a longgg nature walk.  Felt fantastic!

I will write up a short trip report, but basically identifide my demon and made peace.  Kind of holding my breath, but I think I'm cured!

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#24465613 - 07/07/17 04:30 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Joyous news! :hug:

Been having some mini breakthroughs lately myself, more thoroughly realizing that 'thou art that,' focusing on staying present/actively conscious, focusing on the moment/finding bliss in the moment, the ambient music of the world around you, look how sharp everything looks, smell that air! :lol:

Funny how bethesda games have taught me multiple real life lessons. When I think about things like this I often remember that man outside of...hell, Nelson i think, the town that got massacred by the legion in new vegas. The man that won the lottery and therefore only one to survive the massacre, wholly elated as he runs out of the town and talks to you, "SMELL THAT AIR!" Idk, that stuck with me.

rambling over

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24465734 - 07/07/17 05:10 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

@Philosopherr

Interesting.  I must ask, after being "cured" why you continue to dose?  I only ask because my hope is to be med free due to my career.

Interesting thoughts.  I've had the realization that this is a new thing and I will still need some time to understand my new "sense of self".

Still having a little trouble being TOTALLY present, but the distracting thoughts usually do not cause any anxiety or depression.  To be honest I am going through a speration with my spouse and there are a lot of emotions, so doesn't help.  Hope that's not too much info ha

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#24465809 - 07/07/17 05:41 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I mean they got me to a point in my life where I was no longer actively depressed or suicidal. That is a far cry from apotheosis, the true goal. Your dreaming mind will guide you throughout all life, why not entheogens, another tap to the same source.

I'm also very interested in using mushrooms to attempt divination. Something I used to dismiss as hooey but then realized that every single entheogen using shaman I'd read about used them for divinatory purposes. And when you consider that 1)you can learn things your conscious mind doesn't know or have the ability to know through dreams, and that 2) tripping and dreaming seem to tap the same source, the unconscious mind. Then it starts to seems plausible to me.

OfflineFlatHatter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24466593 - 07/07/17 11:59 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting psilosopherr.  I didn't think to take it that far.  To be honest the incredible weight that has been lifted is enough for now.

OfflineRollin.n.Strollin
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
    #24466634 - 07/08/17 12:44 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Psilocybin has a long lasting anti-depressant kind of effect. First time I done it I was much more cheerful for the next few months.

But this is out of personal experience, I can't say that it works for everybody. Just don't do it too often. I do it once or twice a year, so every time I go back I get that "coming home" feeling.:mushroom2:

OfflineEldest Oyster
Stranger
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Kittlebean] * 1
    #27329178 - 05/30/21 12:13 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Hi Kittlebean and others,

I have been using mushrooms to effectively treat the depression I experience. 

I was able to get out of some depressive episodes earlier in life without any pharmaceutical intervention.  Then in 2017 I got into a bad episode I couldn't get out of.  It's possible the cancer treatment I survived a few years earlier broke something in my brain.

Anyway, I worked through the long list of things that had helped me in the past, and was still stuck.  Then I added some new ones – anti depressants, supplements, daily mindfulness meditation, quit my job.  Lots of things helped a little, like a temporary improvement of 1 on a scale of 10, but for 2 years, nothing got me out of the category of “severely depressed” on the CES-D chart.  I was never suicidal, but I definitely would have preferred to die than to continue living in that state.  After 5 antidepressants which didn't work, I was officially labeled “treatment resistant”.  I thought about electro convulsive therapy, but there was none in our town. 

A friend of mine had successfully treated an alcohol addiction with just one mushroom trip with a healer, and gave me some information to research.  One thing led to another, and I signed up to participate in a study treating depression with psilocybin.  After rearranging my life and moving to the city where the study was for 3 months, I got rejected from the study through the exhaustive screening process, and they couldn't tell me why.

Since I had already done the research, and quit using the supplements and antidepressants, I decided to try mushrooms in the “informal sector”.  I found a guide in my area, and decided to try at least 3 trips, at least a month apart, with increasing doses.  My first trip was on 6g dried cubensis in a tea.  For the first time in 2 years, I experienced life without severe depression!  For one week.  But hey, it was a start.

Two more years down the road, the approach that seems to work for me is this: I take 6 to 9 grams once every 6 or 7 weeks, always with a sitter.  If the depression returns ahead of schedule, I try to trip as soon as practical, because being depressed doesn't seem to help me learn how not to be depressed.  After 5 trips with the guide, I learned to grow my own using the PF TEK. 

Once I had grown my own, I tried microdosing for a few months, but it didn't help much.  I ended up back in depression land.  I also once tried a 1.5g dose, but that didn't really help the depression, so I have stuck with the higher mind exploding doses. 

Having read this thread, I think I will experiment with the 3g range as recommended by AuroraBorealis88.  The higher doses are an ordeal:  Ego death, mystical union, satanic confrontations, discomfort in the stomach and bladder and muscle cramps.  It would be great if I could stay well without having to go through that over and over again. 

I have developed a routine/ceremony/liturgy based on all the guidelines I could find in books and the internet.  One thing I would emphasize to those looking for a healing effect, is the importance of processing.  Remembering what the trip was like, writing it down, discussing it with people who you can trust, revisiting things.  I try to turn my experiences into poems that I can return to from time to time, and even share with others without necessarily revealing the psychedelic source of the material – though I'm sure people with their own experiences will know it in a heartbeat.  The other key is to always receive and bless EVERYTHING that comes toward me in a trip.  No matter how ugly it looks, it was always there within me all along.  If I keep running away, it is never going to be transformed.

I am grateful to the mushrooms, and to the Creator of all things, and to you my dear Shroomanitarians, for this gift which has made it possible for me to live and to make my contribution to the world again.  Plus I have learned all sorts of mystical and psychological secrets of existence.  It's not the reason I set out on this mushroom journey – or is it?  If at some point the depression stops returning, I would probably not use the shrooms any more, or at least not as frequently.

I could go into my ideas about how and why the mushrooms help with depression, but that would be for another post.

Peace be with you.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Eldest Oyster] * 1
    #27329338 - 05/30/21 03:04 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Solid contribution and welcome to the Shroomery!  It's a big ole bus with room for everybody.

Corroborates my personal experience that effective doses are essential for addressing depression as well. :cookiemonster:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineSub-Easy
slowly dying since birth
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA NC Flag
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: PrimalSoup] * 1
    #27332125 - 06/02/21 04:27 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

It does magic for anxiety and helps you think better. I never had depression. Micro dossing will give you a good day but I think you need to Trip a few times, learn from it, and maybe take a large trip if you feel that you still need to.

--------------------
Just take um like you get um.

Those ephemeral spasms of infinity, in suspended animation, born across a boundless ether of existential misery aloft a revelry (of awe) for the abhorrently sublime.

InvisibleIrishGnome1
Stranger

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: Sub-Easy]
    #27332158 - 06/02/21 05:05 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Mushrooms are cooler than depression.

Offlinefluorescent
Unexpected.
 User Gallery

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: IrishGnome1]
    #27334334 - 06/03/21 07:49 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Kittlebean said:
Who on here has used mushrooms to treat depression.

If so I was looking for some info on how successful it was.
what was the dosage? we're you alone? how often do you need to dose to keep it at bay or was it a one time trip that helped you get past it?

How long had you been suffering from depression before using mushrooms as a treatment?

:thumbup:

I had been depressed for a total of about 40 years when I took mushrooms for the first time. The last 15 of those years were quite bad, with the last 5 or so being the worst. I was in a very, very bad place. My initial dose was 35g fresh and I had family and a friend with me. My intervals are usually 6-9 months, although I had one stretch that was quite a bit longer due to life circumstances. The difference was night-and-day for me the first time. Subsequent times haven't been as dramatic, but that's because I've never gotten anywhere close to as depressed as I was before.

InvisibleSpaceCube
π

Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: fluorescent] * 1
    #27334750 - 06/04/21 04:22 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Shrooms are like the Official Textbook cure to depression.

I reccomend 0.1-1.5 grams.

OfflineGrainPsilo
Stranger
Re: What are your experiences using mushrooms to treat depression. [Re: SpaceCube]
    #27334895 - 06/04/21 07:21 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I have been dosing for my anxiety and depression frequently the last couple months, what is everyones opinion on taking active doses on a regular basis vs microdosing?  I don't feel like microdosing is for me because its just enough to make my body/mind agitated without nearly the benefit I feel if I eat at least a gram.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom