Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Mapping the mushroom trip...feedback please.
    #2733193 - 05/26/04 06:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, as I get older I take a more educational approach to my use of psychedelics.  One of them being to document and "map" the trip, so to speak.  I'd like your help, since I can only draw on my experienes and those of friends that have done it in the past(all my friends are too wussy or not into it nowadays :frown: )

I'm going to list a series of events that take place consistently for my trips, and I'd like to compare notes with you all, and evaluate the similarities and differences.  To be truthful, I wish I could recruit one of you as a "control" subject, so we can dose side by side and compare results.  That would be fun experiment, trust me I'd make it fun.  I'm a fun guy, really.  Wait until I get you laughing...

Ok, back to work, here is my list, in order of how they happen, I will describe each item as I go along in parenthesis.

After taking "enough" shrooms(starting with the first symptom):

#1:  Body trip begins.  (You begin to notice the body feeling first, a little funny feeling.)

#2:  Colors and contrast increase.  (As you look at a view, it appears a bit more spectacular.  As you look at plants, you REALLY notice the bright colored flowers.)

#3:  The yawns.  (You get a tired feeling, and being to yawn and feel mellow.)

#4:  The tears.  (Your eyes start tearing.  Not like crying, but a little like allergies combined with a subtle cry.)

#5:  Trails, FINALLY!  :smile:  (Yay, gotta love these!  As you lower the cigratte from your mouth, you notice it took a second for that line to catch up with the cherry)

#6:  Warping.  (Things move.  Watching tv, the background will shift.  Looking a bunch dots, they'd melt.  Trees may seem to swirl over the tops of themselves.  Leaves appear to move.  Water may seem to flow.  Things feel and look alive.)

#7:  The carosel of colors.  (TRUE hallucinations.  In a dark room, you will actually see colors and kaleidescopes moving and swirling, making patterns and making you giggle or laugh or just cry in joy.)

#8:  The "UNIQUE" experience.  (You feel that you are doing it, you are going farther than anyone has ever gone on psychedelics.  You feel that you are having the ultimate experience, unique to only you.  You feel a togetherness with the universe and a bond/resposibility to the fabric of all matter in the cosmos.  You may even feel that you have pulled a seat next to God himself...)

#9:  The hands get too big.  :smile:  (This may be for me only, but if you experience swelling, which I do, usually between #6 and #7, please share.  I list it as #9 because when it happens at 6 and 7 it's barely noticable.)

Alright, those are mine, and in that order.  Please, look them over and decide whether or not you share the same.  If you experience anything EXTRA I failed to mention, please make your own list below and add it where it fits in the timeline.  If you do share my list, but in a different order, please relist them in your order.

I look forwarding to hearing your responses.  Thank you for your help, and remember - it's in the interest of science, so if you've been wanting to shroom - go nuts and come back and share with us.

Thank you, happy trails.

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...
 Arcade Champion: Tontie

Loc: Bolinas, California
Re: Mapping the mushroom trip...feedback please. [Re: Grizzy]
    #2733500 - 05/26/04 07:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i get trails through out my whole trip

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #2733711 - 05/26/04 08:06 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

# 1: the "giggles" kick in....I always laughing like crazy when I start feeling the shrooms, I say the most random things.

# 2: chill mode...Right before I hit my peak I always suddenly become very quite and become very relaxed. This is when the tracers and more vibrant colors begin to kick in.

# 3: The Peak! as soon as i hit my peak I am bouncing off the walls nothing can stop me...I go exploring nature and lay down just thinking and getting lost in my thoughts.

# 4: About 2 hours into the peak I always seem to just relax staring at things wathing patterns mesh together.

# 5: After a few hours of watching patters I feel like I had just accomplished something new in my life and get a total ego boost.

# 6: When I am at base line I am the happiest person ever.

Thats it for me...sorry I couldnt go into more depth Im in a hurry and about to leave.

OfflineGrizzy

Re: Mapping the mushroom trip...feedback please. [Re: Osker246]
    #2793119 - 06/14/04 07:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I know some of you folks get the TEARY EYES.
I know some of you folks get the SIGHS and YAWNS.

I'm wondering at which point you all see trails.
I'm wondering if any of you had yer hands swell up.

Come on, feed me, Seymore.

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2793975 - 06/15/04 05:37 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

not sure if you have heard about the
s-a-l-v-i-a scale.
salvia trips are faster.
the consensus is good that the s-a-l-v-i-a scale is realistic for intensity, but when taking the ride, one goes throught he levels to the extent that dosage permits.

Mushroom is slower in onset, but IMO the same levels are occurring, (yawns and tears are part of the attention span reaction complex for the slower onset) I totally get what you are doing though and concurr: giggles are often part of the joy of it all and can happen almost anywhere in the process.

TRAILS - well now you are into my territory of expertise/fascination.
the trail s are overlays from signal persistence. more stoned - more persistence - more trails/layers.

IMO, the effect of any psychedellic is to increase the duration of fadeout of signals to the brain. longer fadeout, more trails, shorter fadeout less trails.

everything can be trailed, not just vision, and not just single senses (full gestalt trails with multisense synaesthesia are amazing too).

The freekiest stuff might be ego trails. One can observe personality and even introduce new masks and attitude at a mature level once this is seen (the medicine aspect of shamanism).

OfflineGrizzy

Re: Mapping the mushroom trip...feedback please. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #2797555 - 06/16/04 02:32 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I love your input. THANK YOU

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience