Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesunnydays
Stranger
music v no music
    #27331461 - 06/01/21 01:39 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I've only tripped twice, both times in silence no music.
I was wondering what peoples experience were regarding using music and no music?
Was maybe thinking using shamanic drumming type music.
Is anyone familiar with the music used during holotropic breathwork sessions, typically 3 hr total, divided up 1hr trance/drumming style, 1hr more emotional type music, and final hour mor peaceful/relaxing/chanting type music.
I done a fair bit of HB in the past and i found this music very powerful. Was thinking using it during mushroom experience. Any views please?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKmacmo
The aborted pin
Other

Loc: Central hemisphere
Re: music v no music [Re: sunnydays] * 1
    #27331485 - 06/01/21 02:04 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Music is great for tripping but it can also be very nice to just listen to nature or something. Listening to birds in the woods or running water at the river or something its truly bliss

--------------------

OfflineNeurotech
Stranger

Re: music v no music [Re: Kmacmo] * 1
    #27331552 - 06/01/21 03:15 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I like to spend time with as well as without music. You will find some really interesting thoughts about the music you listen to. Drumming and all that is great. I like Shpongle alot. One time tripping with Shpongle, I decided that there was a part of the music, which was visually represented in my upper left visual field with eyes closed, that could only be heard/understood while tripping, while the "normal" part of the music flowed along the bottom of my visual field. Also can be helpful when you might need to distract or change the course of a trip.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: music v no music [Re: sunnydays]
    #27331963 - 06/01/21 10:48 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Use any music you like.  It will become about 10 times better. :cookiemonster:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

InvisibleMindMeower
lawnmower for the brain
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: music v no music [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #27332049 - 06/02/21 01:51 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Music can make a trip total awesome but you definitely need stuff you'll actually like as it can also make the trip worse. I am very critical of music and any technical deficiencies while tripping, whatever I end up listening must be good and sound good too.

--------------------
M(e)owing minds :mushroom2:

InvisibleIrishGnome1
Stranger

Re: music v no music [Re: MindMeower]
    #27332172 - 06/02/21 05:21 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

carbon based lifeforms and solar fields are great.

OfflineKmacmo
The aborted pin
Other

Loc: Central hemisphere
Re: music v no music [Re: IrishGnome1]
    #27332243 - 06/02/21 06:50 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Yes both those are amazing, also odysseus under the old tree worth a listen

--------------------

Offlinestreetpriced
Stranger

Re: music v no music [Re: Kmacmo]
    #27332933 - 06/02/21 05:21 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Sometimes I like to trip with music; some playlists or albums that are entirely without vocals can help set the journey perfectly, I feel music with vocals tends to shape my trip too much based on the content of whats been sung, so I steer clear. On the other hand, Natures own silence can be just what the doctor ordered

OnlineSonicTitan
 User Gallery

Re: music v no music [Re: streetpriced]
    #27332987 - 06/02/21 06:10 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

While inside I like music when tripping. I don't like hearing cars drive by and whatnot. Tho if out in the woods or whatever  it's nice to just listen  to the music of nature :smile:

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Offlinesuperreggie
Stranger
    #27333049 - 06/02/21 07:08 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

OK I only did this on LSD but you simply must try the Bill Richards Johns Hopkins playlist. Tried it on LSD with my wife. Gave her an orgasm just by whispering a poem into her ear repeatedly. Wow.

OfflineSkizor1337
Trip King

Loc: USA Flag
    #27333138 - 06/02/21 08:50 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sunnydays said:
I've only tripped twice, both times in silence no music.
I was wondering what peoples experience were regarding using music and no music?
Was maybe thinking using shamanic drumming type music.
Is anyone familiar with the music used during holotropic breathwork sessions, typically 3 hr total, divided up 1hr trance/drumming style, 1hr more emotional type music, and final hour mor peaceful/relaxing/chanting type music.
I done a fair bit of HB in the past and i found this music very powerful. Was thinking using it during mushroom experience. Any views please?

I used to trip without music when I first started doing them with friends.

Once I learned about chillstep that really helped things takeoff

I personally have a few different playlists for the different phases of tripping

For example..

I start with Meditation onto Feel Good and once shit starts taking off more heavier music such as dubstep as well as trap music.

I need something with a wide variety of beats and I truly enjoy some deep lyrics that compliment that as well

If you never heard of Seven Lions please give it a try lol. Idk where I'd be without it

--------------------
100% Professional Psychonaut
Trippin' Aint Easy

Offlinesunnydays
Stranger
Re: music v no music [Re: superreggie]
    #27333312 - 06/03/21 01:28 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

superreggie said:
OK I only did this on LSD but you simply must try the Bill Richards Johns Hopkins playlist. Tried it on LSD with my wife. Gave her an orgasm just by whispering a poem into her ear repeatedly. Wow.

This sounds interesting! Where can one get this playlist?
I see a version available on spotify, but i would need to be able to download it as where i trip there is no internet access.

Offlinesunnydays
Stranger
Re: music v no music [Re: Skizor1337]
    #27333315 - 06/03/21 01:34 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

For example..

I start with Meditation onto Feel Good and once shit starts taking off more heavier music such as dubstep as well as trap music.

I need something with a wide variety of beats and I truly enjoy some deep lyrics that compliment that as well

If you never heard of Seven Lions please give it a try lol. Idk where I'd be without it

Never heard any of this music....going to check them out....thanks

Offlinesilosound

Loc: CA
Re: music v no music [Re: sunnydays] * 2
    #27333836 - 06/03/21 12:26 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

FYI, spotify will let you download music/playlists if you pay for premium.

Fireside Project has a good selection of playlists on their website for different substances (most are spotify):

https://firesideproject.org/music

Music is such an individual thing you're going to get the gamut of responses with a, "what do you listen to when you trip?" question. When you look the clinical studies that are done, whether it be for depression, addiction, mystical experiences, etc., most of them will all follow a pretty standard format:

A playlist that is largely free from lyrics is used, and the playlists are structured in a way where they try and follow the trajectory of the trip. The trips in these settings usually involve eyeshades, decent noise cancelling headphones, and laying down on a couch. This format is widely regarded as ideal for inward focused journeys, and has more or less been used since the 60s. Bill Richard's playlist is certainly one of the more diverse ones out there.

Music with psychedelics is something that is still in its infancy as far as research goes and the playlists have somewhat evolved over the years, but again, it's an area that needs a lot more research. That said, among the leading researchers the benefits to music is understood to provide not only an anchor for the individual during the experience but to also provide momentum and movement (in the mind)... to offer a very brief summary. And as many have noted, music with psychedelics simply sounds way better to most... there is significant overlap in the areas of the brain that are affected by psychedelics and that process music.

We had a discussion going in the Johns Hopkins study thread that touched on some of the aspects of music during a trip as far as the clinical trials/studies are concerned. The discussion starts towards the end of the first page if you're interested: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27237866/page/1

Lastly, I'm still working on building out my website but I create continuous mixes (as opposed to playlists where you simply have songs that start and stop for 5 hrs) that are designed to be used in these introspective, inward focused sessions and I'd be happy to send you a link or two if you want to give one of those a try. You'll have the option to stream or download to your device. Let me know if you're interested. Happy travels! :mushroom2:

OfflineSkizor1337
Trip King

Loc: USA Flag
    #27333847 - 06/03/21 12:44 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sunnydays said:
Quote:

For example..

Never heard any of this music....going to check them out....thanks

Yea no problem! If you ever want a bunch of cool songs/artist hit me up.
I'd love to share what I get down to :yesnod:

--------------------
100% Professional Psychonaut
Trippin' Aint Easy

Offlinepsysearch
Stranger
Re: music v no music [Re: sunnydays] * 1
    #27333893 - 06/03/21 01:40 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I feel that the less the external stimuli, the deeper I can go within. The ultimate therapeutic effect for me is experiencing/processing the contents of my mind, as a means to the end of experiencing the universal mind. This happens most powerfully in the mirror-void of silence and darkness as there is least distraction. I do often listen to music though, as music sounds beautiful and love the way it can evoke emotions. A nice middle ground is quiet music without beats or vocals, so you have the lovely sounds without them overly affecting your mind.

I'm not familiar with holotropic playlists, please share some if you know any good sources. I know Stan Grof created holotropic breathwork to try and mimmick the effects of LSD when it was made illegal and he could no longer use it professionally, so I wouldn't be surprised if they made great trip playlists.

OfflineTerdleMountain
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: music v no music [Re: psysearch]
    #27333927 - 06/03/21 02:21 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Grateful Dead works really well for me, stuff like the Blues for Allah, Terrapin Station are awesome. On the other hand Dvorak Symphonic Poems and New World Symphony are really hard to beat along with Mozart's Requiem in D minor...

I'm still looking for more good stuff, Chillstep has my ear right now, just trying to find something that is "just right".

OfflineNeurotech
Stranger

Re: music v no music [Re: TerdleMountain]
    #27333982 - 06/03/21 03:17 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Just amazing. Genius. Tribal beats, intense rhythms, sweet acoustic guitar, otherworldly noises, Just wonderful.

Edited by Neurotech (06/03/21 03:22 PM)

Offlinesunnydays
Stranger
Re: music v no music [Re: silosound]
    #27334098 - 06/03/21 05:11 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I didn't know i could download music from spotify. Never had a spotify account. I see its possible to get 3 months free premium for new subscribers.

Regarding your music mixes i would be grateful if you could send me a link. Seems like just the type of thing i'm looking for.

OfflineTerdleMountain
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: music v no music [Re: Neurotech]
    #27334377 - 06/03/21 08:28 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Oh SHIT!!

I'm only a couple of minutes in, I like it!

This is what I've been listening to for a while... the higher you are the better it gets.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom