Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Phony Magic Mushrooms in the hippie movement.
    #2731741 - 05/26/04 10:32 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Between the early 1960s and 1975, as some from the east coast college circuit learned that some magic mushrooms possibly could be found from Florida to Texas, the mushrooms never became a popular item with west coast hippies or any of the psychedelic movement on the west coast.

In fact, the only known shrooms were the rip-off LSD lace canned in a frozen sealed K-ration tin (un;less you went to MExico where the Federales kicked thousands of hippies out of Mexico).

Often adulterated with PCP to hide the effects of the LSD.

IT was these mushrooms which really broke the straw on the Camels back. I bought a can of these in 1972 after eating shrooms one time in 1968, a half gram which did not really do anything.

My wife and I bought a can of these alledged magic shrooms, supposedely smuggled in from Mexico by the mafia.

I sent them to Pharm Chem labs in late 1972.

See anyone who lived in Lane county, Oregon or Humbolt County, California could have any drug analysed free and paid for by a fund at the U of Oregon.

You would call an 800 number and tell them what you had. They would give you a code number and than a few weeks later you could call in anonomously and give them your number and they would provide you with the actual chemical analysis.

This chart is a partial page form their monthly analytical results of examined drugs.

You can see what the drug is alledged to be, its actual content, a description, origin and cost.

This particular page is from one month in 1973. So you can see how readuilly available these magic shrooms were not.

On another cool note, High Times use to provide the 800 number and mailing address for pharmchem labs in Palo Alto. However, after about five years, Pharm Chem moved and provided a new address for their High TImes Ad.

For three months, one dentist in San Francisco was receiving dozens of drug samples every day to their office which High TImes incorrectly/accidently listed as the new address for Pharm Chem.. A secretary claimed she opened a letter and there was a gram of coke in it.

After that they received hundreds of letters with drug samples.

It took High Times three months to correct that error.

This was orginally in a newspaper article about the dentist office. Unfortunately I never saved that clipping like I normally do save drug news clippings.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoyale

Loc: Bend Over And I'll Show Y...
Re: Phony Magic Mushrooms in the hippie movement. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2731793 - 05/26/04 10:56 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, very interesting!! To bad they didn't mistake my adress instead............

--------------------
"Burnin', I feel a burnin' in my stomach
I wanna' know if I'm a gonna make it
If I don't just spread my ashes
If I do just spread your mind"
~~~~~~PRIMUS~~~~~~

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #2732426 - 05/26/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yes very interesting mj thanks for sharing it with us :mushroom2:

i can imagine some hipies going wow shrooms are so much differnt from acid  :lol:

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2732935 - 05/26/04 03:14 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

That's pretty interesting. It's ironic how much things have changed though; back then shrooms were rare and LSD was everywhere, now it seems to be the complete opposite

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Phony Magic Mushrooms in the hippie movement. [Re: Ravus]
    #2733307 - 05/26/04 04:27 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

LSD was leagal before the last of the "Acid Tests". Those along witht he rest of the hippie movement contributed to people fearing LSD.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2733491 - 05/26/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

if i got phony mushrooms, i dunno what i'd do

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract