Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
what is it about us....
    #2732647 - 05/26/04 04:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

that never changes?  Jellric in another thread mentioned about asking the question "who are you?"  this to me is very important, because we can start getting a better idea on what this life could be about.

what about us never changes?  what is our true nature? 

Our personality isn't it because that changes as we experience in time more and more.  I know I'm not the same person I used to be four years ago, but yet there's something about me that hasn't changed.

Our ego isn't it because that can be dropped or kicked off it's seat in a number of ways.

Our memories isn't it because there have been times on mushrooms where I didn't know who are was, or where I was at, but "I" was stil here taking in the experience.

Our consciousness isn't it because that too can change based on what you are concetrating on...not to mention drugs such as mushrooms and salvia change consciousness too. Even life situations can change what mode of consciousness we play our in our daily lives, even while we dream.

so if we aren't our perosnlity, memories, ego, or consciousness, what is our true nature?

I may have asked this long ago, but I feel compelled to ask this again.

I think our true nature is pure awareness.  Even under the influence of a salvia trip where everything is gong crazy, my awareness was still there. Even under a level 5 shroom trip, I knew something was going on, but I did not know what. I just couldn't put a label on it nor myself.

indeed that question jellric put up is important, because I've had an OBE, and everything was gone exxcept my awareness.  The fact that awareness exists outside the body and mind points to very certain direction on what this life is about...and where you go when this life is over.

what do I mean by awareness?

sit and close your eyes for a minute and notice what your mind picks up....ready....GO!

ok if you did this, you may notice that you picked up more sounds.  you noticed more and more of what's going on around you.  now think of what it is like when you are in a place devoid and sound and light, you are limiting your input here.  you'l notice that you'll pick up on bodily sensations and even finer energies that were overridden by your senses of hearing and smell. 

we have these senses for our awareness, so our awareness can "pick up" on what is going on around us. 

to me awareness is our true nature, our essence.

in that sense, we are definately ALL the same :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
Re: what is it about us.... [Re: kaiowas]
    #2732715 - 05/26/04 04:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

yes, and that which is the same is not seperate

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: what is it about us.... [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #2732862 - 05/26/04 05:01 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

some believe nothing ever changes.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2732869 - 05/26/04 05:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i would say one, but for there to be a one there needs to be at least two, so i suppose the term not-two will have to suffice.
i think its impossible to define.
just by being all things express it.

"By realizing that all forms are self-awareness,
I have beheld my consort's face--the true mind within."
~hundred thousand songs of milarepa

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2732990 - 05/26/04 05:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I think our true nature is pure awareness.

I agree. Some have called it "the silent witness".

You mentioned having an OBE. When I had what I perceived as an OBE for the first time, I experienced myself as a point of awareness. It was like I had been completely stripped of everything that wasn't me and reduced down to my core. It was a very peaceful experience; my mind increased in clarity greatly and I was surrounded by nothing but black space. No sensory input at all, just me alone. And yet I wasn't lonely at all.

I remember realizing with crystal clarity at that moment that I had been in this form before! Before I was born. "My God, how could I have forgotten??" I was struck by the sense of profound familiarity , particularly since this had never happened to me before. I remembered this was my natural state, and we had all been this way before coming to this world, but we forget.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: what is it about us.... [Re: Jellric]
    #2733045 - 05/26/04 05:35 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

our egos narrow our pereption, our consciousness, to focus on our current stream of events.

egoloss=expanded consciousness

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Onlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: what is it about us.... [Re: Jellric]
    #2733053 - 05/26/04 05:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I believe the evolution of the universe is just that- an evolution of pure awareness. The universe is slowly (perceptually- really everything is relative) becoming aware of itself. The nothing is aware of the nothingness.

As for the profound familiarity you mentioned Jellric. I got the exact same "feeling" during my egoloss trips on mushrooms, as well as on every salvia trip including the first one. It felt like "I" had always been this way, just not as aware

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2733956 - 05/26/04 10:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think we are all the same. I think we are all different. And I think our true nature that causes us to never change, that causes us to never change, in spite of all the changes we go through from childhood to death, is our spirits.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2734077 - 05/26/04 10:48 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

we are tiny fragments of a greater consciousness that in purity is love. What we will be is accorded by how much love we share now.deny love, have a level 5 trip & it will have you in much pain, level 5 with a heartful of love and soar the heavens
:wink:

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2734219 - 05/26/04 11:18 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Great... so what?

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Re: what is it about us.... [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2734252 - 05/26/04 11:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Who you replying to? I'm guessing me since the one you have posted your reply to was asking...

It was asked 'what is it about us that never changes'. I replied with '...tiny fragments of a greater consciousness...'.

Does that help clear things up, speedy?

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: what is it about us.... [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2734976 - 05/27/04 02:30 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

why not just say: "the eternal desire to transcend...blah blah blah"

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Re: what is it about us.... [Re: Positronius]
    #2737578 - 05/27/04 06:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

What is the eternal desire to transcend?

Funny how you and Mixomatosis are never online together, Positronius. Its a shame since you both have so much in common. Almost like looking in a mirror, eh?
:wink:

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: what is it about us.... [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #2737706 - 05/27/04 06:42 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

no, me and mixomatosis are entirely different, he is a braggadocio, condescending, highly intelligent, inspired individual, while I.....

oh, where was I going with this?

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Offlinejono
misc.
Loc: Sydney, Australia
    #2739467 - 05/28/04 12:22 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The problem of personal identity is something that im particularly fixated on, mostly due to self induced experienced of 'ego death', through contemplative practices.

I believe that you can best sum up what we are, with the statement that we are simply a process of cause and effect, inseparably connected with everything else.

That our true nature is awareness, appears apparent at one level, but if you further investigate the nature of awareness you realize that awareness itself is not any fixed, unchanging or controllable property with which we can identity as our true nature. It is apparent, that awareness itself is inseparable from that of which we are aware. That is probably best clarified with the idea that it is impossible to separate the experience, from that which experiences it, and if that werent the case, wouldnt it be possible to be aware of nothing? But almost by definition, awareness of nothing is fallacious, for I postulate that it would be no different than being dead or sound asleep.

Just some food for thought anyway,

Jono.

--------------------
Our problem results from acting like cowboys on a limitless frontier when in truth we inhabit a living spaceship with a finely balanced life-support system." David C. Korton

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2747612 - 05/30/04 08:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I read somewhere that everybody's brain waves at all times portray a type of "fingerprint" or something that is different for everybody, but is always the same in everybody.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology