Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed!
    #27323071 - 05/25/21 09:42 PM (23 days, 16 hours ago)

Sorry for this long request but i have PE and GT cakes ready to put into shoeboxes with coir  for fruiting and I have been reading posts for hours and hours and days trying to figure the best placement for an ultrasonic humidifier (Vicks 4100?) in a small martha type greenhouse. Most of the posts that i've read are well over 10-years old and have conflicting information about placement of the humidifier, type of humidifier, whether to have it inside the gh on bottom shelf or piped in from the outside  placing humidifier above the gh? most agree that at least 2inch piping is necessary which is no problem however before i cut holes in the gh i want to validate any of the information since it seems it varies greatly in the posts and most information is from the last decade? Also, many posts suggest cutting slits or holes in the gh for FAE while others say just leave the door open to the 2nd shelf, is that information still relevant, or with newer technology now is something else recommended? GH is 40 inches wide x 20 inches deep x 60 inches height. Any experienced knowledge would be so greatly appreciated and sending hughe THANKS in advance!!!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLand Trout
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: Omer] * 2
    #27323078 - 05/25/21 09:47 PM (23 days, 16 hours ago)

Cubes don’t need a humidifier.  They do best if you prep your coir well, and keep the shoebox closed until they start pushing against the lid, then you can either put a plastic bag or another shoebox on top.  Humidifier Martha setups are more for oysters.  If your coir is off you may need to most or fan.

--------------------

InvisibleMycelium Juice
Here for the weed
 User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: Land Trout] * 1
    #27323083 - 05/25/21 09:57 PM (23 days, 16 hours ago)

If you click on the "SEARCH OUR FORUMS" tab above the search bar you can use advanced search options.
including the number of years back the search goes.  I use it ALL the time.  Will definitely help you narrow down your search to the most up to date info.

Good luck! :mushroom2:

Offlinedjbluntmagic
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: Mycelium Juice] * 1
    #27323087 - 05/25/21 09:59 PM (23 days, 16 hours ago)

Everything I've read on this forum suggests to ditch the humidifier

OfflineCrackatoaS
Stranger in a strange land
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Over by your Mama's house Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: djbluntmagic] * 1
    #27323099 - 05/25/21 10:11 PM (23 days, 16 hours ago)

Ditch the humidifier and thrmostat, heating pads and all that. If you were doing pans I would suggest otherwise but.... Shoebox them bitches and with clean spawn you'll have GT in half the time of the PE. You will need a casing layer after colonization though. Here's a link on shoeboxes.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26009662#26009662

OnlineBakedbeings
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: Omer] * 1
    #27323731 - 05/26/21 12:10 PM (23 days, 2 hours ago)

the reason all the humififier advice is old is because nobody uses them anymore. spawn your tubs, follow a trusted shoebox tek, you can keep them in your martha if you want but leave the tops on for a good microclimate, youll be fine

OfflineOmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: Bakedbeings]
    #27323777 - 05/26/21 12:44 PM (23 days, 1 hour ago)

Grazie yes shaperdreamer is who I have been following for shoebox tek

OfflineOmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: djbluntmagic]
    #27323778 - 05/26/21 12:44 PM (23 days, 1 hour ago)

where are you reading that?

OfflineCrackatoaS

Trusted Cultivator
Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: Omer]
    #27323805 - 05/26/21 01:06 PM (23 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

Omer said:
where are you reading that?

Huh? What?

OfflineLand Trout
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: Bakedbeings] * 1
    #27323852 - 05/26/21 02:08 PM (23 days, 15 minutes ago)

Quote:

Bakedbeings said:
the reason all the humififier advice is old is because nobody uses them anymore.

They do on Reddit, which is another reason no to use one.  Reddit shroomers will spend $200 to grow 7 grams and be like “my first successful grow”

--------------------

OnlineBakedbeings
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: Land Trout]
    #27323861 - 05/26/21 02:19 PM (23 days, 4 minutes ago)

Quote:

Land Trout said:
Quote:

Bakedbeings said:
the reason all the humififier advice is old is because nobody uses them anymore.

They do on Reddit, which is another reason no to use one.  Reddit shroomers will spend $200 to grow 7 grams and be like “my first successful grow”

lol well full disclosure - i use one - i know its not necessary but i already bought it and it saves me a bit of time misting when the weather gets dry, so whatever. maybe i need a reddit account

OfflineCocaineBuffet
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: Bakedbeings]
    #27325830 - 05/27/21 10:37 PM (21 days, 15 hours ago)

Quote:

Bakedbeings said:
Quote:

Land Trout said:
Quote:

Bakedbeings said:

lol well full disclosure - i use one - i know its not necessary but i already bought it and it saves me a bit of time misting when the weather gets dry, so whatever. maybe i need a reddit account

I mean if you already bought one why not use it. After a certain point you have trained your eye to tell you what the moisture levels are. I would say that is the only device I have not bought to grow cubes but if you took a truthful poll most seasoned growers would have probably bought one when they first started out.

OfflineCrackatoaS

Trusted Cultivator
Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: CocaineBuffet]
    #27326036 - 05/28/21 01:09 AM (21 days, 13 hours ago)

Some people have beautiful grows using them. A dialed in tub and won't have to mist or fan. You could spawn and not look at till you harvest. I'm sure you will use it though. Not because of anything other than you'll wanna try pans one day and you'll need it. Pay attention in discussion and pic of the day and you'll notice who uses tents for cubes and ask some questions. Where there's a will, there's a way.

InvisibleveggieM

Loc: Flag
Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: Crackatoa]
    #27326062 - 05/28/21 01:36 AM (21 days, 12 hours ago)

:whathesaid:

Hey, Crack. That TC tag looks pretty damn cool under your name. :cool:

OfflineCrackatoaS

Trusted Cultivator
Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: veggie]
    #27326086 - 05/28/21 02:07 AM (21 days, 12 hours ago)

It does fit well :lol:

OfflineLand Trout
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: Crackatoa]
    #27326502 - 05/28/21 11:47 AM (21 days, 2 hours ago)

Crack, i though about commenting to your first post on this thread how you were a trustable cultivator.  Glad you got the badge!

--------------------

OfflineOmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: Land Trout]
    #27326837 - 05/28/21 04:52 PM (20 days, 21 hours ago)

hey Crack totally appreciate you taking the time for me!! so I gather if I use shoeboxes with coir that I really don't even need a greenhouse? I've just had such shit luck with using a shotgun box and keeping my cakes right during colonization so far which is why I got a gh BUT maybe I've been following OLD advice!!! so I take it newer tek than I've used is saying no humidifiers so I need to start my research over again!?! I've got some PE and GT colonizing now so want to get off on the right fruiting foot this time but it seems way more complicated than it has to be I think? this time I have the jars on a shelf and figured the gh for fruiting with a heater for constant 75 and humidifier in keeping constant humidity over 90%. Am I missing something that newer tek has to offer?

OnlineBakedbeings
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: FRUSTRATED with age of posts! experienced cultivators needed! [Re: Omer]
    #27326919 - 05/28/21 06:18 PM (20 days, 20 hours ago)

the shotgun has way too many holes. thats why you have to constantly spray it or hook it up to a humidifier

check this out

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26140339/fpart/1/vc/1

or this

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22337800

OnlineBakedbeings
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27326925 - 05/28/21 06:22 PM (20 days, 20 hours ago)

Edited by Bakedbeings (05/28/21 06:25 PM)

OfflineLand Trout
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#27327077 - 05/28/21 08:44 PM (20 days, 17 hours ago)

I used one of those greenhouses in a cold room, I replaced the greenhouse material with reflectix and the lights would keep it around 70°, plus the reflectix blocked the light so it did t look like I was doing a grow from outside.  But once the temps warmed up and the days got longer I got rid of the thing and just had my totes and tubs sitting in stacks in the floor.  The greenhouse worked for well for what I was doing, but it was nice to not need it.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started