Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinezeusophobia1
Stranger

Magic mushrooms are somewhat treated my psychopathy. * 1
    #27318207 - 05/22/21 01:50 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Original thread

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27049785/fpart/1/vc/1/nt/2

Turns out everyone is wrong. Magic mushrooms can treat psychopathy (in my one person self study). I just have to take a WHOLE FUCKING LOT of them.

First three times I tripped was sub 2 grams. Either there was no effect on my emotions. Either that or the effect was too small to notice.

The other day I took a whole 5 grams in an irresponsible "fuck it" kind of way. I actually managed to feel a little fear while tripping. I would give the most intense fear a 3/10, this is the only time in recent memory I wasn't at a 0/10.

As for all other emotions, aside from fear, which is the rarest one for me, I feel about 2/10 on all of them except empathy which I would give 3/10 as my strongest emotion. I have also been experiencing much less boredom.

It has been 3 days since I did the trip and sadly, all of my emotions are already starting to fade a bit.

I imagine that if I took 12+ grams I could get my emotions much stronger, but I'm not about to do that at my current experience level.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCHUCK.HNTR
feral urbanite
Male

Loc: SF, CA, USA
Re: Magic mushrooms are somewhat treated my psychopathy. [Re: zeusophobia1]
    #27318620 - 05/22/21 10:09 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Are you still on other medications?

--------------------
"What is the practical application of a million universes?" -Alan Watts
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

Offlinezeusophobia1
Stranger

Re: Magic mushrooms are somewhat treated my psychopathy. [Re: CHUCK.HNTR]
    #27318730 - 05/22/21 12:02 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah

OfflineShakedown Street
Friend
Male

#27319046 - 05/22/21 05:48 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Glad to hear you found your good-to-go dose. 
If you decide later to increase your dose, let us know how that goes.  Not saying that you should, just curious.

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: Magic mushrooms are somewhat treated my psychopathy. [Re: Shakedown Street] * 1
    #27319736 - 05/23/21 09:13 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

To be honest I was more convinced by the original discussion that you were not psychopathic to begin with so I’m doubtful there can be any claim that mushrooms can indeed cure psychopathy.

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

Offlinezeusophobia1
Stranger

Re: Magic mushrooms are somewhat treated my psychopathy. [Re: wolf8312]
    #27321118 - 05/24/21 11:45 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I'm very glad I found someone on the internet who's an expert on me. While we're here can you tell me what size shoe I should be wearing?

Offlinedjbluntmagic
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27321128 - 05/24/21 11:54 AM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zeusophobia1 said:
I'm very glad I found someone on the internet who's an expert on me. While we're here can you tell me what size shoe I should be wearing?

So did you actually want discussion or did you want people to just agree with you?

Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: Magic mushrooms are somewhat treated my psychopathy. [Re: zeusophobia1] * 1
    #27321215 - 05/24/21 01:35 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zeusophobia1 said:

I don’t need to know you personally to suspect you are probably not psychopathic. Psychopathy does not mean to simply lack emotion as many conditions can cause blunted affect such as the schizophrenia which you have also said you are suffering from.

So if you find mushrooms make you feel more emotional or empathetic than normal this might be proof you have made pioneering strides in eliminating a highly destructive personality disorder and will soon be receiving a Nobel prize and if so I salute you...or it might just mean you were never psychopathic to begin with!

But wouldn’t the later be better?

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

Offlinepsysearch
Stranger
    #27321244 - 05/24/21 02:04 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

If you find mushrooms are helping, you could talk to your doctor, or maybe another doctor about reducing the meds, as they could be blunting both the mushrooms and your emotions.

I have a friend on SSRIs and they need to take higher doses of anything to feel the love. I think there's a point of increasing the dose of the psychedelic, where it becomes more effective to reduce the meds which are countering the effects. It's not that simple though, I know.

OfflineSub-Easy
slowly dying since birth
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA NC Flag
Re: Magic mushrooms are somewhat treated my psychopathy. [Re: psysearch]
    #27321413 - 05/24/21 03:52 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I do hear alot about experimenting with them for those issues and others. We know that they are good for some issues.So if you are brave enough to use your self as a guinea pig, then make sure you give detailed and accurate info. Before and after. We all count on you to discover what you can for the rest of us. This could help people or warn them, and potentially do a lot of good for alot of people, or help others stay safe.

It's up to you what you do, but if you do it, be kind and let us in on the jurny.

--------------------
Just take um like you get um.

Those ephemeral spasms of infinity, in suspended animation, born across a boundless ether of existential misery aloft a revelry (of awe) for the abhorrently sublime.

InvisibleTheConfluence
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Magic mushrooms are somewhat treated my psychopathy. [Re: psysearch]
    #27671221 - 02/24/22 05:44 AM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Flooding a brain loaded with SSRI's or other antipsychotics/antidepressants superficially with serotonin is a recipe for serotonin syndrome.

Although you can't exactly overdose on a psychedelic... You absolutely can cause permanent damage to you cognition or even burn out your serotonergic faculties and or receptors.

Trip on psych meds at your own risk. I am not a doctor but I did spend quite a few years learning about neurology.

That being said...
I'd love to see much better research on this topic at a clinical level.
My understanding about psychopathy is that in most cases the "disorder" is associated with legitimate and visible structural differences in the shape and size of key cortical tissues (hypothalamus/Prefrontal cortex). The abnormal behavior is quite a bit more of a nature... Vs nurture.

Although some psychedelics can encourage the severing and reconnecting of associated neurons, I don't really feel as though anything I have read on the subject indicates that the kind of neurogenesis and functional rewiring of the brain would be even remotely profound enough to overcome the simple anatomical differences in cortical tissue. (I don't think psychedelics can cure psychopathy). I would however bet my life that assisted psychotherapy could teach the person how to conduct themselves in a much less selfish manner and probably do a world of good for the right person.

But a true psychopath likes being a psychopath... They'd never try it.

--------------------
When two people dream the same dream, it ceases to be an illusion.

Philip K. Dick
Lies, Inc. (1984)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom