Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblevolturex
silverbug
gymnopilus purpurata in my shower
    #2698198 - 05/18/04 06:43 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hi everyone at the shroomery.first of all I would like to thank all of you guys for sharing all your knowledge and experience.Thanks to you I?m addicted to mushrooms (not only actives)its definatelly a way of life for me,not just a hobby.
I would like to introduce you to my early guest "Mr Purpuratus" Last year they flushed twice,and this is the first 2004 visit,I hop? they come around again in september,even though I think I might have killed the mycelium with the heat of a candle. I toasted about 5 pins that where coming out strong behind the big one and so far the visit is over.
I?m so sad ,I feel as if I had run over a dog or something .
somebody please tell me they?ll be back.
And also,has anybody had any experience with this mushroom? Dose,toxicity etc... thanks alot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethearmedforces
Disco Shroomerat 4:20

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: gymnopilus purpurata in my shower [Re: volturex]
    #2698228 - 05/18/04 06:52 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

^^ Cool, but I think you are in the wrong forum. Try one of the cultivation forums to get a better answer.

Invisiblevolturex
silverbug
Re: gymnopilus purpurata in my shower [Re: thearmedforces]
    #2698291 - 05/18/04 07:14 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I?m trying to figure out how to send the pictures they came out very nice,I would like to have a confirmation about the species I?ll try again tomorrow

Invisiblevolturex
silverbug
    #2712914 - 05/21/04 08:46 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

sorry for the waiting ,here are the pictures ,the spore print was of an intense orange color.
I would apreciate it if somebody could tell me something about the magic qualities of this species; better dry or fresh?,grams? I would rather stick to cubensis wich are an hour drive away if these ones are a little toxic . Amanitas grow very near also but I dont wanna touch them for the same reason .I would still be very happy just to watch the purpuratas while I'm having a shower .
thanks

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2713358 - 05/21/04 11:17 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I am curious as to what you have. Here is Gymnopilus purpuratus (flamula purpurata).

Photos above by Gartz.

Blue Meanie brought this one to us.

Some outdoors in wood shavings, cultivated in Leipzig, Gernmany of G. purpuratus by Gartz in his garden.

Now all of the4 above posted images are the true colors of G. purpuratus. Yours look awful lavender.

I dunno.

mj

Any comments anyone?

Invisiblevolturex
silverbug
Re: gymnopilus purpurata in my shower [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2713687 - 05/22/04 12:53 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Mjshroomer for bringing some other photos to compare mines with.
My shower shrooms from last years flush looked very similar to blue meanie's picture;they were more redish than awful lavender and the blue-green stains were identical;unfortunatelly I didnt take any pictures of them. The last shower shroom had all the characteristics of gym purpurata described on Psylocibin mushrooms of the world :size,fibrillose patches on the cap,bright orange spore print,the color hues,pale yellow gills,grows in wood,coortinate veil when young,...but I must admit it looks different from the rest of the pictures; I was 99%sure it was a gym purp ;now I'm 94%.I'm glad I didnt eat it .An orange spore print mushroom could be very harmfull if its not a Gym I guess.

Offlinerdbd
Stranger

Loc: melbourne victoria austra...
    #2714096 - 05/22/04 06:39 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

are they at all active?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: gymnopilus purpurata in my shower [Re: rdbd]
    #2714140 - 05/22/04 07:32 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The ones in the picturees I posted are psycoactive.

mj

Offlineferret
strange

Loc: VIC, Australia
    #2731048 - 05/26/04 03:27 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hey thats great , nice time lapse style! it is very similar to some i found here last year , the ones pictured in bms pic and in this thread Aussie Blueing Gym were all from the one 10m area.
there was a bit of debate over the id of those tho,
mj are they really gyms in your 2nd last pic? the gills look wrong colour.
i posted some different looking gyms i just found today about 5 mins past that old patch

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: gymnopilus purpurata in my shower [Re: ferret]
    #2731157 - 05/26/04 05:30 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

YEs thos were phoptographed in Gartz' garden in Leipzig, Germany.

mj

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2731201 - 05/26/04 06:20 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hm, cool pix vorturex.

Ima have a look at my Gymnopilus mushroom monograph when i get back to the apartment and give a try with figuring out what you have. The monograph that i use is for the Gymnopilus species of north America and that?s it, but,

...i can?t believe those things are growing out of your shower.

What kind of wood is that?

They appear to be (just from a quick look) Gymnopilus luteofolius.
-That is just a guess so-far, but the closest thing i can think of without my monograph in hand.

Here is a picture (for comparison of some G. luteofolius i find here in southwest Florida;

Invisiblevolturex
silverbug
Re: gymnopilus purpurata in my shower [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2747533 - 05/30/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Nice Luteofolius!
Although the small ones look similar to my shower shrooms,I`ve read that luteofolius grow a lot bigger than Purpuratus,and after witnesing the development of about 15 shrooms since last year,the average cap size of my shrooms at maturity is about 5cm.
I forgot to mention that I live near Bogota,Colombia so maybe Purps look slightly different in these lattitudes?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2747542 - 05/30/04 06:10 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Guzman has identified G. subpurpuratus in Mexico.

The other G. purpurata is from the austral floral zone, but is now widespread in east germany since the 1980s.

Came in with pig manure and woodchips from Argentina.

Also in Chile and Australia.

mj

Cleland in the early 19002-19202 or so named it Flamula purpuratus (clad in purple)

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder