Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleellomello
XP
 User Gallery

Loc: babilonUSA
AL passes medical cannabis law and blocks decriminalization
    #27309726 - 05/15/21 11:15 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Not looking forward to the annual 300$ doctor fee for a simple cannabis script,
at least people won't have to live in fear of being arrested.. if they can afford it.

Quote:

https://www.mpp.org/states/alabama/

Alabama Legislature passes medical cannabis!

Last update: May 10, 2021

The Alabama Legislature overwhelmingly approved a medical cannabis bill, which is now on Gov. Kay Ivey’s desk! On February 24, 2021, the Senate passed Sen. Tim Melson’s Compassion Act — SB 46 — in a 20-10 vote. The House followed suit on May 6 in a 68-34 vote, and the Senate swiftly concurred with the House’s changes to the details.

Ask Gov. Ivey to sign the Compassion Act into law. We’ve provided a summary of the bill here. While it is far better than the status quo, there are a number of provisions that are unnecessarily burdensome on patients. The bill steers pain patients to try opioids first, and it requires doctors to jump through hoops — including a four-hour course and a fee of up to $300 — that will depress participation.

Alabama’s lack of medical marijuana protections is becoming more and more of an outlier. Thirty-six states, including Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, and Mississippi, allow medical cannabis, and polling shows 75% of Alabama voters support it.

But because Alabama doesn’t have a citizen initiative process, the only way to bring a compassionate law to the state is for state lawmakers and the governor to enact a bill.
Decriminalization bill falls short

On March 3, 2021, the Alabama Senate Judiciary Committee advanced Sen. Bobby Singleton's (D) decriminalization bill — SB 149 — in a 6-3 vote. Unfortunately, the bill was indefinitely postponed and will not receive a vote. SB 149 would have reduced the penalty for possession of less than two ounces of cannabis to a violation carrying a $250 fine. It would also make possession of larger amounts a fine-only offense.

Contact your lawmakers and ask them to make marijuana decriminalization a priority.

Alabama is one of only 19 states that still jails its residents for simple possession of marijuana.

--------------------
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN get back to the garden

some came singing, some come to play, some come for keeping the dark away

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineReynardTheFox
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: AL passes medical cannabis law and blocks decriminalization [Re: ellomello]
    #27309888 - 05/15/21 01:50 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

The bill steers pain patients to try opioid first...interesting tactic...

--------------------
"Every actual State is corrupt. Good men must not obey laws too well" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"If I am the devil's child, I will live then, by the devil" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

OfflineCan-i-bus
Melting

Loc: WA Flag
Re: AL passes medical cannabis law and blocks decriminalization [Re: ReynardTheFox]
    #27309985 - 05/15/21 03:43 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

The fact that AL has ANY mmj is a tiny miracle. Hopefully it's not too restricted for patients. FWIW I was paying 100-150ish annually for my medical "license" before my state legalized. I know it was cheaper other places, but I got mine thru my real doctor :justdontknow:

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: AL passes medical cannabis law and blocks decriminalization [Re: ellomello] * 1
    #27311214 - 05/16/21 01:35 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

...The bill steers pain patients to try opioids first, and it requires doctors to jump through hoops — including a four-hour course and a fee of up to $300 — that will depress participation....

Excuse my simple minded language, but this is so fucking retarded :facepalm: .

And where/who does that $300 fee go to?

So there's a plant that grows on this planet that anyone can grow themselves for damn near free, a plant that can truly help people in various ways and help with some folks quality of life.

But we have this "group" of people we call government that says first the people must eat opiates before they are even allowed the chance at having access to a plant that can truly help them. Then the people will be required to pay $300 every year just to have access to a plant that they can grow themselves for mere dollars.

I'm so fucking tired of how the "government" makes everything so damn convoluted and "progress" moves so fucking slow. It's a fucking plant, let people grow it and do what they want with their lives. :drgonz:

-OM

--------------------

Invisibleellomello
XP
 User Gallery

Re: AL passes medical cannabis law and blocks decriminalization [Re: openmind]
    #27312659 - 05/17/21 02:42 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

it is truly a miracle, stepping stone on the way to freedom!

idk i guess the doctors have to pay a 300$ fee once,
and then they charge their patients 300$ every year.

whatever ill pay it, jest stop sending me to jail and AA dam!

--------------------

Invisibleellomello
XP
 User Gallery

Re: AL passes medical cannabis law and blocks decriminalization [Re: ellomello]
    #27330705 - 05/31/21 07:31 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

we may have hoped to soon... still a long way to go... lame :cryariver:

Quote:

The Alabama Medical Cannabis Commission is still setting up the program. When it's operational, patients will need to visit a certifying physician who can set a daily dose amount and form of medical cannabis the patient can purchase. The law stipulates that the commission will set the specifics around THC percentage and maximum daily doses but it also caps THC at 50mg a day unless the patient hasn't improved after 90 days or has a terminal diagnosis. In either of those cases, the max goes up to 75mg a day. Minor patients are not allowed to consume any cannabis with more than 3% THC for any condition.

Medical marijuana program
SB 46 legalized medical marijuana but dispensaries aren't operational yet. When they are, patients and caregivers will be able to purchase up to a 60-day supply of medical cannabis. Recommending physicians determine what a daily supply is but it can't exceed 50mg a day, unless the patient hasn't responded to treatment for 90 days or is diagnosed with a terminal condition. Then it can be 75mg a day.

Allowable forms of medical cannabis include:

Capsules
    Cream
    Gels
    Lozenges
    Non-sugar coated cubes (gummies)
    Oil
    Tablets
    Tinctures
    Transdermal patches
    Suppositories
    Other forms for use with inhalers or nebulizers

There are no regulations for sales of CBD products that fall below the 0.3% THC threshold. Selling any cannabis product containing more than the legal amount of THC is a felony that carries a sentence of two to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $30,000. Decriminalization was set to be taken up in the Senate before the coronavirus shut-down in 2020.
https://weedmaps.com/learn/laws-and-regulations/alabama

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds