Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinex.moonfaery
Stranger
Mushies & Mental Health
    #27309122 - 05/14/21 10:47 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Hello, I just wanted some opinions on this

I smoked weed for around 5 years, wake n bake through to bed time kind of vibe.

I was smoking so much weed that eventually I started to get paranoid to the point where I seen a doctor (I was socially anxious to a fault, paranoid etc) but when I was on subs I found those symptoms were reduced? ~ Relative later

My doctor told me it's possible that the weed sent me into a drug induced pyschosis, that I need to stop smoking weed and should be put on anxiety meds

That was almost a year ago, no weed, anxiety meds have solved my symptoms and I don't feel paranoid anymore

During the stoner days I've had subs and no bad trips, I only had 1 or 2 trips during winter, so I would have only had experiences with mushrooms around 5 times while I was a stoner. I found the feeling positive and self-loving

Long story short; I'm sober now and I want to have a low dose of subs but my boyfriend is worried I shouldn't, It's almost impossible to find research on my situation so I thought to ask for opinions

If anyone has links about past pyschosis and shrooms that would help too

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSub-Easy
slowly dying since birth
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA NC Flag
Re: Mushies & Mental Health [Re: x.moonfaery] * 1
    #27310120 - 05/15/21 05:09 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

It's out of my league, when it comes to factors other than just plain old people doing regular amounts.

Also, just wanted to say, its funny how I started reading this with a guys voice in my head, and after you said boyfriend, it changed to a girls voice.

I know the old mushrooms are nothing to play with, but I haven't heard of anyone dying because of an interaction. Is that right?

I mean, it's always a crazy ride, but unless you already are doomed to have mental issues, I think you can come through anything they will do to you, in the vast majority of cases.

I'd do it.

--------------------
Just take um like you get um.

Those ephemeral spasms of infinity, in suspended animation, born across a boundless ether of existential misery aloft a revelry (of awe) for the abhorrently sublime.

OfflineMr.Wizard
Harbinger of Hallucination
 User Gallery

Re: Mushies & Mental Health [Re: Sub-Easy]
    #27310391 - 05/15/21 08:54 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I feel like I might have something to say, but I don't know what subs are.

Offlinex.moonfaery
Stranger
Re: Mushies & Mental Health [Re: Sub-Easy]
    #27310450 - 05/15/21 09:47 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for responding!
hahaha hopefully I sounded like an old scottish man or something cool lmao

My bf was worried it would cause lifetime problems because of my past, I couldn't find anything to agree or disagree with him but yeah at least I didn't die! 

Thank you for the response, I wasn't getting any responses so I did have some and nothing bad has happened, I'll give you an update in 10 years haha

Offlinex.moonfaery
Stranger
Re: Mushies & Mental Health [Re: Mr.Wizard]
    #27310455 - 05/15/21 09:49 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry I was talking about psilocybin subaeruginosa, :mushroom2: I'd like to hear your thoughts!

Offlinelostintimenspc
Stranger
Re: Mushies & Mental Health [Re: x.moonfaery]
    #27310507 - 05/15/21 10:31 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

No.

Look at this way;

It's a mushroom. You can buy mushrooms made of the same sort of substance in the supermarket, just these ones have an extra molecule or compound in the stem and cap, probably to stop mammals eating them.

So with all the drug slander, and I really don't think anyone should be made to feel guilty using drugs, you're eating a plant.

So when they start talking about bipolar or schizophrenia being triggered, just remember all you did was effectively by accident eat some mushrooms you or someone else picked (if you bought them, hint: don't buy them).

LSD is different, say. It's a chemical in a lab. I would say it seems just like schizophrenia is described, but 99% of people move into something deeper during the breakdown, and come straight back. But if you're putting something from a lab into the brain willy-nilly it's then that you can start thinking you're taking risks.

Furthermore, every time I take mushrooms I feel more mentally healthy afterwards. Every damn time. There is talk of it resetting or "rebooting" certain circuits that control mood, so that they may be good for treating depression. Depression is the garden bed for paranoia.

--------------------
LSD, mushrooms and DMT are different structural levels within the same magically simulated mystery sometimes blandly called 'life'

Your life, your call.

OfflineJonBa
Hawaiian shirt weirdo

Re: Mushies & Mental Health [Re: lostintimenspc] * 1
    #27310756 - 05/16/21 06:30 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think that if you're high all the time you can judge if you have a real problem. The problem is that you're high all the time.

Doctor, doctor, why do I keep getting these horrible headaches and tripping over my own feet?
Because you're drunk.

--------------------
Life saved by DMT

Offlinex.moonfaery
Stranger
Re: Mushies & Mental Health [Re: lostintimenspc]
    #27310769 - 05/16/21 06:48 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Wow thank you for responding

It's interesting when you put it that way

Since I stopped being a teenager I've had the mentality that I would only have natural drugs, like weed and shrooms

I guess the difference here is that I was smoking weed everyday, from morning to lunch breaks at work and I'm not planning on going hard on shrooms everyday for years

I really appreciate your response, thank you

Offlinex.moonfaery
Stranger
Re: Mushies & Mental Health [Re: JonBa]
    #27310774 - 05/16/21 06:52 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I agree, it's not that weed was the problem just that I abused it

After 4 years I knew I was paranoid to an extent that was ridiculous while I was baked 24/7 but I didn't think it was the weed until I stopped smoking it everyday and started feeling more rational

That being said I know people who have smoked more weed for longer than I have and they're completely fine, guess I'm jus a pussy haha ooh well

Offlinegreenladel

Re: Mushies & Mental Health [Re: lostintimenspc] * 1
    #27310806 - 05/16/21 07:20 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

lostintimenspc said:
No.

Look at this way;

It's a mushroom. You can buy mushrooms made of the same sort of substance in the supermarket, just these ones have an extra molecule or compound in the stem and cap, probably to stop mammals eating them.

So with all the drug slander, and I really don't think anyone should be made to feel guilty using drugs, you're eating a plant.

So when they start talking about bipolar or schizophrenia being triggered, just remember all you did was effectively by accident eat some mushrooms you or someone else picked (if you bought them, hint: don't buy them).

LSD is different, say. It's a chemical in a lab. I would say it seems just like schizophrenia is described, but 99% of people move into something deeper during the breakdown, and come straight back. But if you're putting something from a lab into the brain willy-nilly it's then that you can start thinking you're taking risks.

Furthermore, every time I take mushrooms I feel more mentally healthy afterwards. Every damn time. There is talk of it resetting or "rebooting" certain circuits that control mood, so that they may be good for treating depression. Depression is the garden bed for paranoia.

^ this is very dangerous advice! do not listen to this! ^
it is dangerous to judge drugs by whether they are naturally grown on a plant or made in a lab. there are plenty of plants that will kill you if you eat them and plenty of safe lab made drugs. also, mushrooms are not a plant, but the same still goes, some of them will kill you.
by that logic there would be no people dead who picked destroying angels from their garden. it happens, you have been warned.

okay, with that out of the way..
i have heard a lot of success stories about people using psilocybin to help things like anxiety, but it can also make matters worse, at least while you are tripping.
i cant tell you to try it, but if it was me i would start with a small dose of maybe 1g and work my way up slowly over time, keeping a close eye on how it is affecting my mood. i would do that over maybe a year or so with no intention of rushing into things.

it will be important for you to ensure a good set and setting, ideally with a sitter to help avoid any triggers that might give you a bad time, but if anything happens just remember you WILL be okay, you will be delivered safely home again.

Offlinex.moonfaery
Stranger
Re: Mushies & Mental Health [Re: greenladel]
    #27310866 - 05/16/21 08:12 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

oh wow...

Thank you so much, it makes me happy to know there are people out there who care about strangers enough to make this kind of response,

That explains why I always felt better on mushrooms when I was having pyschosis symptoms with weed

I feel more comfortable now knowing what you've told me and I appreciate that your advice,

my boyfriend is very caring so he'll be my trip sitter and he makes my environment feel better so I'll take it slow and see how it affects me,

thank you so much :grin: :mushroom2:

Offlineredhandmat
Dude

#27310934 - 05/16/21 09:04 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Hey

I havent posted here for almost a year. And wanted to post now when I read your post. Im exactly with Greenladel with this.

First things first, just because something is natural it doesn't mean its healthy/safe to consume. There are more than plenty of poisons in nature as you well know.

With that being said we are all different when it comes to our reaction to drugs. And even the same person will of course have a widely different trip depending on everything from how much they took to the setting.

I have had very few trips in my life, last one (over a year ago) was my real first attempt at a full trip. I had the wrong scale and took around 9 grams dry home grown mushrooms. I shit you not when I tell you that I had a mixture of the most beautiful with the most nightmarish experience of my life. I ended up having derealization and maybe even repeating psychosis for months on end. I was so sure that reality didn't even exist. Of course I had also many wonderful effects too.

But remember that I had never had a drug induced psychosis before that. I would be very careful if I had the same history that you do. I doubt I will touch mushrooms for a long long while after my experience. Therefore if you absolutely have to do it; don't fuck with your setting. If your bf doesn't want you to do it, he may not be the best sitter. But if you don't have any other choice then explain to him that anything he says or do will effect your trip. And he should be very mindful of that. Also take very very very small amounts. I would definitely start with a dose of under a gram even.

Offlinelostintimenspc
Stranger
Re: Mushies & Mental Health [Re: greenladel]
    #27312028 - 05/17/21 01:53 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

greenladel said:
Quote:

lostintimenspc said:
No.

Look at this way;

^ this is very dangerous advice! do not listen to this! ^
it is dangerous to judge drugs by whether they are naturally grown on a plant or made in a lab. there are plenty of plants that will kill you if you eat them and plenty of safe lab made drugs. also, mushrooms are not a plant, but the same still goes, some of them will kill you.
by that logic there would be no people dead who picked destroying angels from their garden. it happens, you have been warned.

okay, with that out of the way..
i have heard a lot of success stories about people using psilocybin to help things like anxiety, but it can also make matters worse, at least while you are tripping.
i cant tell you to try it, but if it was me i would start with a small dose of maybe 1g and work my way up slowly over time, keeping a close eye on how it is affecting my mood. i would do that over maybe a year or so with no intention of rushing into things.

it will be important for you to ensure a good set and setting, ideally with a sitter to help avoid any triggers that might give you a bad time, but if anything happens just remember you WILL be okay, you will be delivered safely home again.

That's taking me out of context a bit. Let's say I analogize with you, and say by that logic driving a car will kill you because people crash them.

--------------------
LSD, mushrooms and DMT are different structural levels within the same magically simulated mystery sometimes blandly called 'life'

Your life, your call.

Offlinex.moonfaery
Stranger
Re: Mushies & Mental Health [Re: redhandmat]
    #27312060 - 05/17/21 03:02 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

redhandmat said:
Hey

I havent posted here for almost a year. And wanted to post now when I read your post. Im exactly with Greenladel with this.

First things first, just because something is natural it doesn't mean its healthy/safe to consume. There are more than plenty of poisons in nature as you well know.

With that being said we are all different when it comes to our reaction to drugs. And even the same person will of course have a widely different trip depending on everything from how much they took to the setting.

I have had very few trips in my life, last one (over a year ago) was my real first attempt at a full trip. I had the wrong scale and took around 9 grams dry home grown mushrooms. I shit you not when I tell you that I had a mixture of the most beautiful with the most nightmarish experience of my life. I ended up having derealization and maybe even repeating psychosis for months on end. I was so sure that reality didn't even exist. Of course I had also many wonderful effects too.

But remember that I had never had a drug induced psychosis before that. I would be very careful if I had the same history that you do. I doubt I will touch mushrooms for a long long while after my experience. Therefore if you absolutely have to do it; don't fuck with your setting. If your bf doesn't want you to do it, he may not be the best sitter. But if you don't have any other choice then explain to him that anything he says or do will effect your trip. And he should be very mindful of that. Also take very very very small amounts. I would definitely start with a dose of under a gram even.

Thank you for choosing to post now, it is really helpful for me

I have a scale here that I think is buggered, it doesn't show anything under 5 grams :confused:

I was told by someone who had 30 mushrooms that it had a big effect on their visuals and what not, heads twisted around etc so without the scales I knew I didn't want to have thirty mushrooms

I might be silly I don't know, but the other night I had three mushrooms just to be careful nothing ridiculous happened ~ But nothing happened at all

Some might say duh because I only had three, but one time I had two from the forest floor and after an hour the effects were amazing. That was the most I ever experienced from mushrooms, even though I've had more than three before but dried.

You said you had 9 grams of mushrooms because the scales weren't working, did you happen to count them? I know every mushroom is different and the size and strength can varey but I'm just curious because my scales don't seem to be right

Thank you for your advice, my bf is worried about psychosis but he knows not to be a douche if I'm mushrooms, he is a very caring person and not the kind to be pissy at me, his extent of being cautious is worry so I know that in that regard it'll be okay

I don't think I will be taking nine grams worth, but then again my scales aren't working so I'll stick to small numbers... thank you for sharing your experience with me, I've haven't been able to find much about people having psychosis because of mushrooms and it gives me a lot to think about, thank you!

OfflineMycolBeeDMT
N00B
I'm a teapot

Loc: Pastaland
    #27312130 - 05/17/21 05:25 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I want to share my experience: during the high school days I was a stoner and would easily smoke 10-20 grams per week of weed or strong hash (altough not strong as the stuff I see around now). After 4 years of daily stoning, with regular use of bongs and concentrate oils I developed symptoms similar to what you describe; I couldn't even get to sleep without having crazy CEVs that made super hard to fall asleep. Also sometimes I had skipping heartbeats and rarely I suffered from panic attacks. Every time my friends were laughing not directly talking to me I thought they were laughing OF me. I couldn't stand any advice from my parents without getting mad angry and shutting myself verbally and emotionally.
OFC I knew that something was wrong but I was slave of that stoner myndset for "weed is good for you", "weed is medicine", "weed is not a drug".
Then I tried shrooms and LSD and those experiences have always been sobering, like that I was reconnecting with my true emotions and my grounding. Long story short I quitted weed and all my anxious and paranoid symptoms went away. I kept doing psychedelics and they never harmed me, just helped me (although I use them sporadically).

The lesson I learned is that weed is ok for most people, but not for all. It wasn't ok for me, and in time I found many people that quitted it because they were getting adverse effects.

During the last 10 years I tried again weed like a dozen times, and honestly I couldn't find anything worthwile in it for me. It didn't make me crazy like before, but it made me lazy and more anxious that I wanted to be.

So what I mean is that it may very well be that you're one of these persons that should not do weed, but can surely do psychedelics (if you never had adverse reactions to these substances).

InvisibleNimpo
Big Black

Re: Mushies & Mental Health [Re: MycolBeeDMT] * 1
    #27312935 - 05/17/21 07:11 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldnt throw the dice when it comes to mental health and psychedelics.

If youre looking to do mushrooms to find some sort of answer or healing or to feel positive, know that you dont need the mush for that. You can dig deep sober while blocking out external influences and help guide your own way to similar conclusions.

Mushrooms may help show people the door, but its up to them to walk through it, and thats not a journey done during the trip. It takes time and effort in your daily life to walk through those doors (most of the time).

Offlinegreenladel

#27314488 - 05/19/21 02:50 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

x.moonfaery said:

I have a scale here that I think is buggered, it doesn't show anything under 5 grams :confused:

I was told by someone who had 30 mushrooms that it had a big effect on their visuals and what not, heads twisted around etc so without the scales I knew I didn't want to have thirty mushrooms

I might be silly I don't know, but the other night I had three mushrooms just to be careful nothing ridiculous happened ~ But nothing happened at all

Some might say duh because I only had three, but one time I had two from the forest floor and after an hour the effects were amazing. That was the most I ever experienced from mushrooms, even though I've had more than three before but dried.

You said you had 9 grams of mushrooms because the scales weren't working, did you happen to count them? I know every mushroom is different and the size and strength can varey but I'm just curious because my scales don't seem to be right

Thank you for your advice, my bf is worried about psychosis but he knows not to be a douche if I'm mushrooms, he is a very caring person and not the kind to be pissy at me, his extent of being cautious is worry so I know that in that regard it'll be okay

I don't think I will be taking nine grams worth, but then again my scales aren't working so I'll stick to small numbers... thank you for sharing your experience with me, I've haven't been able to find much about people having psychosis because of mushrooms and it gives me a lot to think about, thank you!

if buying new scales is an option i would do that. you can get some cheap ones from ebay that will be fine for the job. they do not need to be high end ones for mushroom doses, even 0.1g resolution would be fine, but most of the cheap jewelry ones are 0.01g resolution and they are only about $10-15.
it could just be that your scales need calibrating, but if you do you should test them thoroughly before you trust them.

if buying new scales is not an option you could count the mushrooms. as you said, the doses per mushroom vary hugely, but the doses by weight can also vary quite a lot, which is why i suggest taking things very slowly. sounds like you have already started at 3 so you could just go from there. maybe next time try 4 or 5 of similarly sized fruits and see what happens, then go from there.
i would not want to guess at how many mushrooms are in x grams. the weight of a single mushroom has a crazy wide range, as does the psilocybin and psilocin content of different sized mushrooms, but eyeballing and counting is safe enough with mushrooms as long as you take things slowly.

sounds like your boyfriend has the best intentions. it is easy to jump to conclusions when it comes to psilocybin given all the misinformation being fired around about it. he does need to have faith too, the same way you will need to. you both need to know there is nothing to worry about. there is no better time for the saying "there is nothing to fear but fear itself".

Offlinegreenladel

Re: Mushies & Mental Health [Re: lostintimenspc]
    #27314494 - 05/19/21 02:55 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

lostintimenspc said:

That's taking me out of context a bit. Let's say I analogize with you, and say by that logic driving a car will kill you because people crash them.

maybe i misunderstood you, apologies if i did. it just sounded to me like you were suggesting natural drugs are safer than lab made drugs.

what matters is the drug itself and the purity. if you were to synthesize psilocybin in a lab it would be the exact same psilocybin that you find in nature if you have done it correctly. a chemical is a chemical, no matter how you get there. in fact i would even suggest that lab made chemicals are likely safer as they are far less likely to be contaminated.
your example, LSD is not dangerous because it is made in a lab, in fact in my opinion it is not dangerous at all, particularly not compared to going out mushroom picking in a field with dangerous lookalikes.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
    #27314576 - 05/19/21 04:40 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

x.moonfaery said:
Hello, I just wanted some opinions on this

I smoked weed for around 5 years, wake n bake through to bed time kind of vibe.

I was smoking so much weed that eventually I started to get paranoid to the point where I seen a doctor (I was socially anxious to a fault, paranoid etc) but when I was on subs I found those symptoms were reduced? ~ Relative later

My doctor told me it's possible that the weed sent me into a drug induced pyschosis, that I need to stop smoking weed and should be put on anxiety meds

That was almost a year ago, no weed, anxiety meds have solved my symptoms and I don't feel paranoid anymore

During the stoner days I've had subs and no bad trips, I only had 1 or 2 trips during winter, so I would have only had experiences with mushrooms around 5 times while I was a stoner. I found the feeling positive and self-loving

Long story short; I'm sober now and I want to have a low dose of subs but my boyfriend is worried I shouldn't, It's almost impossible to find research on my situation so I thought to ask for opinions

If anyone has links about past psychoses and shrooms that would help too

So i have schizoaffective disorder (schizophrenia and a personality disorder, in my case bipolar type 1) as well as a few others including depersonalization disorder.
Psychedelics and I have a very interesting relationship. I wont lie and say it doesnt kick my psychosis off but its a more comfortable psychosis for me. It feels more "real" to me and radiates onto my psychosis's outside of the trip. Especially when im tripping often I get into a very colorful and introspective craziness. Its definitely a different reality and if I had a normal life and minded being homeless more it would certainly be disruptive.
Psychedelics and mental illness especially psychoses disorders can be a difficult mix. It can be a roll of a dice and you have to be prepared to be off kilter for a bit. For me personally the manic state im in after tripping is way better than the depressive hell I can be left in for months so its a life saver for me but certainly doesnt make me neurotypical in any sense.

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

Offlinesilosound

Loc: CA
    #27315098 - 05/19/21 12:45 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

This entire thread is a bit disturbing. I know everyone means well, but a forum of strangers on the internet is not the place to be taking and giving medical advice as it pertains to mental health. OP, just because someone says something and it makes sense to you doesn't make it true, safe, a good idea, bad idea, whatever. I'm including myself here so please take this and everything else here with a large grain of salt.

That said, there have been plenty of studies done on drug induced psychosis. One, by way of example, found that almost 50% of people who had initial diagnoses of brief and affective psychoses (drug-induced included here) are later diagnosed with schizophrenia. Furthermore, cannabis related disorders predicted an increased likelihood of progression to schizophrenia.

Schizophrenia and psychedelics of any kind are generally not a good mix. Do people do it? Yeah sure. Look hard enough and you'll find people doing all sorts of things. Point is that doesn't make it a good or bad idea for you necessarily, regardless of their experience.

Psychedelics are mainstream enough these days that you should be able to find a doctor relatively easy who isn't with the war on drugs campaign, who has experience with psychedelics and your specific diagnosis and current meds, and be able to advise you (or at least give you information with which you can then make a good risk based decision.) It sounds like you already have a doctor, obviously I don't know how you feel about them and your level of comfort in speaking with them about this, or even if they are qualified to speak on psychedelics, but I assure you there are ones out there if yours isn't. Please consider soliciting opinions from people whom you know are qualified to give them. 

Here are three facts:

Psychedelics are very safe for the vast majority of people when used responsibly. There is also a small yet very real percentage of people who should not use them. No one on here can say which category you fall into.

Be safe and good luck!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder