Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSmeogall
Smeogal
Loc: Arizona
what would you do?
    #2730482 - 05/25/04 11:23 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Last week i was told im going to be a father. Today i found out I have an incurable brain tumor and probably wont live more than 3 months. All my family is just about dead. What would you do for your last couple months? I was thinking i could make some tapes so that my child will at least be able to hear me speak but i don't know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

Re: what would you do? [Re: Smeogall]
    #2730502 - 05/25/04 11:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Aw man, I'm sorry to hear that. You shouldn't really be asking us what to do though man. What have YOU always wanted to do. You should do that. And just leave your child something that will give them whatever image you'd you'd like them to have of you. Maybe some advice etc... You could even take out Dubbya. Nah, but I hope things turn out well for you. Best advice I can offer is don't worry about yesterday or tommorrow. Worry about right now, and enjoy it. Best wishes man.

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

#2730720 - 05/26/04 12:32 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

do drugs

and enjoy

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: what would you do? [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #2731038 - 05/26/04 03:16 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, sorry man. Yeah, you should just do whatever the fuck you want, and enjoy it. I hope you're alright as of now and I wish you the best for the last months you have to live. Have as much fun as possible!

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: what would you do? [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #2731238 - 05/26/04 06:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sorry to hear your not well, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote:

NewfoundFreedom said:
Best advice I can offer is don't worry about yesterday or tommorrow. Worry about right now, and enjoy it. Best wishes man.

But I definitly agree. Live everyday to the fullest.
God Bless. :heart: :heart:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Offlinefearforce7
addict
Loc: USA
Re: what would you do? [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #2731481 - 05/26/04 08:38 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

are you being serious, wasnt there a movie called "life" or something where the same thing happened to a guy?

--------------------

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #2731728 - 05/26/04 10:24 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

dont go to websites, travel, record

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #2732310 - 05/26/04 01:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

If you're serious then this is just about the saddest post I've read in this forum. I really feel for you and I hope it is some condolence to you that part of your spirit has gone on into the child growing in yer old lady's belly. Like someone said, don't waste time reading websites, go out and experience everything you've wanted to...travel, look at art, read books, take drugs. Don't be afraid, remember what Gandalf tells Pippin.

OfflineSmeogall
Smeogal
Re: what would you do? [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2733338 - 05/26/04 04:37 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

There was a movie just like this which is why i wanted to make some videos (but i think he had something else but i dont remember). But instead im leaving for Italy with my woman so that should be nice. Thanks everyone

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2734095 - 05/26/04 08:53 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Definatly have a few trips and smoke herb all day long.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2735580 - 05/27/04 06:13 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

whoa, that's just apalling, dude...

chug-a-lug plenty "taheebo" (pau d'arco, ixpe roxo)tea...
can you get your oncologist to do a "gamma knife" procedure?
weeping is allowed...
read kapleau roshi's excellent book _the wheel of life and death_ (my favorite: kapleau visiting a friend dying in the hospital & said "it's always like this") (there are some nice buddhist sites about preparing for death... do a googlesearch)
yes, make audio or video tapes, or write letters (to be opened at specific ages by your child?)
arrange with your physician for adequate pain & side effect management (good narcotics, anti-spasmodics, maybe even anti-depressants), & maybe ganja for chemo (you gonna do the chemo?) & maybe some quality psychedelics (see: the spring grove experiment - psychedelics for terminal patients back in the 60s)
check out alternative & complimentary theraputic regimens - herbs, diet, visualization, meditation, focused prayer, whatever looks like a possibility for you...)
~
you have my best wishes...
~
(my kid brother had/has astrocytoma glioma & went through the whole hospital scene (incl. chemo & gammaknife), & he's still here 5+ years later, sweet wife, 2 wonderful kids, & love & support from friends & family...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #2736017 - 05/27/04 09:11 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Try not to think about anything else except having fun.
liquidate your assets, and blow it all on whatever you'v ever wanted to do.
I recomend an epic dope binge, with prostitutes, and rented cars. but thats just me.

--------------------

OfflineIni
daughter of theyew- tree

Loc: Switzerland
    #2736578 - 05/27/04 11:54 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

If I was in your place, I would simply refuse to believe that my disease was incurable!

See a good healer (not a doctor!) or become a good healer yourself and fight your disease!
And when your child is born and grows up, teach her/him how precious life is.

If you fail, and the the tumor kills you all the same, the mother of your child will tell her/him about her/his brave father who did not give up without having tried everything in his might to see her/him grow up.

To have a child a piece of immortality.
Be a warrior, or be gone...

Greez Ini

--------------------
Remain in Light
Greez Ini

Offlinewrong
Stranger
Re: what would you do? [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2739165 - 05/27/04 09:38 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

if i were you i would do as dreamer suggests, and go on a dope binge of epic proportions

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #2739356 - 05/27/04 10:05 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

my fucking god... Im sorry for you dude, I hope you wont suffer or anything  :sad:

What would I do?
In no particular order:

-Spend all my money
- see my best friends,do some shrooms with them and have a deep conversation about anything.
-See my parents and brother
-Shoot heroin
-Realize all my sexual fantasies even if I have to pay for it :thumbup:
-Smoke a lot of pot
-Snowboarding travels
-Skidiving

Offlinemasterg
Stranger
Loc: CA
Re: what would you do? [Re: Gus]
    #2739681 - 05/27/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I dont think my saying how great a person you come off being and how sad this news is would mean much, but ehm.

Here's what I would do under your situation:

Continue to fight your disease even if its said to be incurable like Ini said. Great advice. There's always hope. I've known countless friends and family members whom were expected to die, but mysteriously pulled through for years of additional life.

Make complete peace with everyone whom you love and know. Make sure that you love life. Do this by doing anything and everything you want to do. It doesn't matter if you finish! Have the best time of your life with the people that matter most to you, doing what you love most. I personally would have a number of psychedelic trips in a short amount of time and look for that great meaning of life.

Please make sure you do talk to more people in real life, though, man. What people have posted on here is great advice, but nothing beats hands on talking. Best of luck, man. You're definitely a man of great respect not to just "give up on life."

--------------------
Peace,
masterg

OfflineSmeogall
Smeogal
Re: what would you do? [Re: masterg]
    #2796016 - 06/15/04 06:00 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I just wanted to give everyone an update.
First i would like to thank everyone for the support. I left for Italy and had the best time of my life. It was the most beautiful country i have ever seen. I even got to shroom once:) But to the good news....I returned and went to see my doctor for a cat scan. My tumor has decreased in size and the doctor says it looks like its going away. I don't know how but i think being happy was my cure. If things keep going the way there going i will be able to see my child and might even be able to become its father. Well I'm going to take my dog for a walk at the park and enjoy a pipe!
PS I f anyone gets a chance take a trip to Italy!!

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2798027 - 06/16/04 05:22 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

glad to hear that! I have an uncle who was told that he had an incurable brain tumor, would die in 3 months, etc... now 3 years later he is perfectly fine and has a 1 year old son! :smile:

--------------------

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2798176 - 06/16/04 07:06 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Looking good Smeogall. It's something about human compassion that keeps us alive!

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlinemasterg
Stranger
Loc: CA
    #2811215 - 06/20/04 12:58 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Smeogall said:
I just wanted to give everyone an update.
First i would like to thank everyone for the support.  I left for Italy and had the best time of my life.  It was the most beautiful country i have ever seen.  I even got to shroom once:)  But to the good news....I returned and went to see my doctor for a cat scan.  My tumor has decreased in size and the doctor says it looks like its going away.  I don't know how but i think being happy was my cure.  If things keep going the way there going i will be able to see my child and might even be able to become its father.  Well I'm going to take my dog for a walk at the park and enjoy a pipe!
PS I f anyone gets a chance take a trip to Italy!!

That's great to hear, man. I'm really happy for you and I think you should stay very happy and optimistic also. Just keep living life to the fullest like you seem to be doing. Awesome news, man. Keep us posted  :heart: :tongue2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,
masterg

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder