Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCracked Egg
Stranger

The origin of grumpy bitter and angry.
    #27304258 - 05/11/21 02:12 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

As a kid your life is full of magic.. Easter, Christmas, Halloween... You also have fun little bday parties.. then, you grow up a bit and all that magic is sucked out and your parents don't try as hard for your bdays.

You then have to deal with life after this and become stressed.

Life finally starts to make sense again, but now you're old and all your friends and family are dying off..

Your kids stop calling you and your significant other has alzheimer's and doesn't remember your face.. you got no one and you too are dying.

--------------------
People Say I'll Regret That In the Morning, So I Sleep Till Noon..

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ❤❤❤❤❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: The origin of grumpy bitter and angry. [Re: Cracked Egg]
    #27304264 - 05/11/21 02:23 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

As the buddha said, life is sorrow. But a key of moksha I believe.

But lol A+ for optimism/perspective!
:kimjongil:

OfflineTheStallionMang
Do U know who yur fuckin with?
Male

Loc: IL Flag
    #27304315 - 05/11/21 03:18 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Cracked Egg said:
then, you grow up a bit and all that magic is sucked out

Very true.  That's why shrooms are so awesome. They bring back the :magicfingers:

OfflineTHT
Stranger

Re: The origin of grumpy bitter and angry. [Re: TheStallionMang]
    #27304331 - 05/11/21 03:25 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

The feeling of getting old is probably like watching the world you knew slowly fade away. People, places, SENSATIONS like flavors and music that don't exist anymore...

BUT you get to carve out some existence in that time, like seeing a tree you planted or kids grown up. It's not all doom and gloom.

OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
    #27304335 - 05/11/21 03:29 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Cracked Egg said:
As a kid your life is full of magic.. Easter, Christmas, Halloween... You also have fun little bday parties.. then, you grow up a bit and all that magic is sucked out and your parents don't try as hard for your bdays.

You then have to deal with life after this and become stressed.

Life finally starts to make sense again, but now you're old and all your friends and family are dying off..

Your kids stop calling you and your significant other has alzheimer's and doesn't remember your face.. you got no one and you too are dying.

It doesnt have to be like that!

Your childhood can be utter hell where you frantically try to even survive to adulthood, and once you're a grownup, all those people that oppressed you no longer can and the rest of your life is spent unfucking yourself and therefore, feeling better and better than you ever imagined to be possible as a kid.

--------------------
CDC  COVID  SELF-CHECKER  :syringe:  COVID  MAIN  THREAD  #2
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLIC YOU  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

OfflineTheStallionMang
Do U know who yur fuckin with?
Male

Loc: IL Flag
Re: The origin of grumpy bitter and angry. [Re: THT]
    #27304345 - 05/11/21 03:34 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

THT said:
The feeling of getting old is probably like watching the world you knew slowly fade away

I talked to the widow of a guy who's house I remodeled while he was dying yesterday.  In a 1 min conversation she said "I'm at that age that everyone around me is dying"

She sounded like she aged 15 years in the 2 years since we last spoke

Offlinelongbus
Will grow for food
 User Gallery

Loc: yer moms pants
    #27304356 - 05/11/21 03:41 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

Sounds like somebody is mad that theor parents didnt give em a good bday party.

Sorry man, that sux!

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: The origin of grumpy bitter and angry. [Re: longbus] * 1
    #27304370 - 05/11/21 03:49 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

The kid i was would have been overjoyed that hes still around in 2021, feeling as good as i do doing the things i do and especially not doing the things I don't :awesomenod:

When I started drugs they were the last ditch effort to not kill myself. Now I have happily quit all drugs because of feeling good and feeling even better sober.

He'd be as proud of me as I'm of him that he marched through the intolerable years and kept on marching.

My morbid obesity is the body externalizing the misery i've been through. I have hopes of shedding that excess lard too.

I am becoming more and more whole.

For most childhood was the best time of their life, me, I'm living mine now :rockon:

--------------------

Edited by Asante (05/11/21 03:50 PM)

OfflineVP123
Strange
Male

Loc: Midwest
Re: The origin of grumpy bitter and angry. [Re: Asante] * 1
    #27304380 - 05/11/21 03:58 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

I hear you Asante. I remember a church retreat (when I was trying to believe). All people there were talking about puberty as the most horrible time in their lives. I listened to them and I could not understand. Leaving childhood was such a relief for me. It was the very beginning of freedom.

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: The origin of grumpy bitter and angry. [Re: VP123]
    #27304381 - 05/11/21 04:02 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

Freedom..

Thats what adulthood is.

Pure unadulterated freedom.

At least, within the confines of reason and good sense.

I yearned for my freedom all through my growing up.

Hell yeah kid you made it  :bananahorsey:

--------------------

OfflineEggtimer
HotSauce Lover

Re: The origin of grumpy bitter and angry. [Re: QM33]
    #27304421 - 05/11/21 04:40 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

QM33 said:
As the buddha said, life is sorrow. But a key of moksha I believe.

But lol A  for optimism/perspective!
:kimjongil:

Buddhism is really interesting coming from a nondual hindi point of view.

Quote:

Supported by the six elements, an embryo is conceived. When it is conceived, there are name and form. Name and form are conditions for the six sense fields. The six sense fields are conditions for contact. Contact is a condition for feeling. It’s for one who feels that I declare: ‘This is suffering’ … ‘This is the origin of suffering’ … ‘This is the cessation of suffering’ … ‘This is the practice that leads to the cessation of suffering’.

And what is the noble truth of suffering? Rebirth is suffering; old age is suffering; death is suffering; sorrow, lamentation,pain, sadness, and distress are suffering; association with the disliked is suffering; separation from the liked is suffering; not getting what you wish for is suffering. In brief, the five grasping aggregates are suffering. This is called the noble truth of suffering.

And what is the noble truth of the origin of suffering? Ignorance is a condition for choices. Choices are a condition for consciousness. Consciousness is a condition for name and form. Name and form are conditions for the six sense fields. The six sense fields are conditions for contact. Contact is a condition for feeling. Feeling is a condition for craving. Craving is a condition for grasping. Grasping is a condition for continued existence. Continued existence is a condition for rebirth. Rebirth is a condition for old age and death, sorrow, lamentation, pain, sadness, and distress to come to be. That is how this entire mass of suffering originates. This is called the noble truth of the origin of suffering.

And what is the noble truth of the cessation of suffering? When ignorance fades away and ceases with nothing left over, choices cease. When choices cease, consciousness ceases. When consciousness ceases, name and form cease. When name and form cease, the six sense fields cease. When the six sense fields cease, contact ceases. When contact ceases, feeling ceases. When feeling ceases, craving ceases. When craving ceases, grasping ceases. When grasping ceases, continued existence ceases. When continued existence ceases, rebirth ceases. When rebirth ceases, old age and death, sorrow, lamentation, pain, sadness, and distress cease. That is how this entire mass of suffering ceases. This is called the noble truth of the cessation of suffering.

And what is the noble truth of the practice that leads to the cessation of suffering? It is simply this noble eightfold path, that is: right view, right thought, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, and right immersion. This is called the noble truth of the practice that leads to the cessation of suffering.

OfflineCracked Egg
Stranger

Re: The origin of grumpy bitter and angry. [Re: Cracked Egg] * 1
    #27304460 - 05/11/21 05:12 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

Wrong. Everyone is sad and depressed inside.. they are only hiding behind smiles, substances, and money/ stuff

--------------------

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: The origin of grumpy bitter and angry. [Re: Eggtimer]
    #27304469 - 05/11/21 05:16 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

And what is the noble truth of the cessation of suffering? When ignorance fades away and ceases with nothing left over, choices cease. When choices cease, consciousness ceases. When consciousness ceases, name and form cease. When name and form cease, the six sense fields cease. When the six sense fields cease, contact ceases. When contact ceases, feeling ceases. When feeling ceases, craving ceases. When craving ceases, grasping ceases. When grasping ceases, continued existence ceases. When continued existence ceases, rebirth ceases. When rebirth ceases, old age and death, sorrow, lamentation, pain, sadness, and distress cease. That is how this entire mass of suffering ceases. This is called the noble truth of the cessation of suffering.

spiritual suicide. The Buddhist equivalent of the Gun In Mouth Blues

You could just, you know, accept suffering as part of the package deal and embrace both of them, the laugh and the tear as part of the eyternal cosmic adventure, but noooo, we must utterly reject what we have and make sure it never comes back.

That "noble truth" sounds like a depressed hippie retreating to the bathroom with a can of zyklon b and a can opener.

Fuck wanting to end the cycle of reincarnation! Ungrateful jerks!

This is exactly what repels me in buddhism. YOU SHOULDNT WANT TO STOP REINCARNATING!

So fucking clinically depressed. Is that enightenment? Nuh huh.

--------------------

OfflineTight Lunchbox
Drunk cat

Re: The origin of grumpy bitter and angry. [Re: Asante]
    #27304470 - 05/11/21 05:16 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

This times 10.

My childhood was so much more difficult than my adult life.

--------------------
"it's all a joke between mom contractions and coffin fittings"

OfflineEggtimer
HotSauce Lover

Re: The origin of grumpy bitter and angry. [Re: Asante] * 1
    #27304545 - 05/11/21 06:15 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

This is precisely why buddhism is so interesting arising in the middle of india during /before the Vedic period.

For the most part it seems to not give any room for what existence could be after enlightenment and physical death but also it's not actually completely left out.
There isn't much speculation at all in seeming favor of just focusing on practice which is why such things are left out or at least that's how it appears to me.

I always heard the quote life is suffering attributed to the buddha which is basically the same as life is a bitch. It's not quite that of a downer if looked at in context but I see how the whole idea of ending existence as a good thing or goal is a bummer. There are some buddhist traditions the do teach the acceptance of suffering then there are others that teach it's something activity overcame. There are also that say "no self" then there are others that say the teaching is "not self" meaning it was a pointing to what is not the self instead of saying there is no actual being at all. 

Before I really knew anything about this stuff I had a trip where it felt like this existence was illusory and it felt like I knew all this innately but it was suddenly made conscious and I was like "no this is too fun, it can't end so soon" :shrug: As though I didn't want to know and continue to play:lol:

I find all the traditions interesting and pick and pull from most of them when I hear something cool including your book too. "the other person is me, I'll be reborn forever more":tongue:

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: The origin of grumpy bitter and angry. [Re: Eggtimer] * 1
    #27304652 - 05/11/21 07:29 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

My childhood was awesome. Free from stress, free from responsibility, trauma, financial concerns, societal expectations, family expectations, and on and on.

I find adulthood is stressful, exhausting and merciless. Even the freedoms we get as adults are a kind of cage still - we have the freedom to choose who we want to be in a way, but whatever we choose is still going to take a lot of hard work.

I felt way more free as a child then now.

--------------------

InvisibleJokeshopbeardM
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: The origin of grumpy bitter and angry. [Re: EternalCowabunga] * 1
    #27304934 - 05/11/21 11:22 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

EternalCowabunga said:
My childhood was awesome. Free from stress, free from responsibility, trauma, financial concerns, societal expectations, family expectations, and on and on.

I find adulthood is stressful, exhausting and merciless. Even the freedoms we get as adults are a kind of cage still - we have the freedom to choose who we want to be in a way, but whatever we choose is still going to take a lot of hard work.

Completely agree brother. My childhood was a fucking breeze.

By comparison, adulthood is like switching the setting on the game to ultra-nightmare ultra-hard mode.

It's still the same game, but the added complexity can be overwhelming at times and breaks are needed to cope with it.

Fortunately there are still opportunities to go to bonus levels which are just about love, and treasure, and passion, and fun, and beauty.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleFiery
fiery
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: The origin of grumpy bitter and angry. [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #27304942 - 05/11/21 11:34 PM (2 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:

Fortunately there are still opportunities to go to bonus levels which are just about love, and treasure, and passion, and fun, and beauty.

TREASURE!

:fuckyeah:

And passion and love and fun too.

but..

:pirate: TREASURE! :pirate:

I'm gonna need some of that to buy some stuff to get the other stuff

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
DCLXVI

Loc: great basin
    #27304990 - 05/12/21 12:26 AM (2 months, 22 days ago)

i too am in the best years of my life. my childhood wasnt horrible, but what was most difficult was my social anxiety and also growing up in a broken home. *cue the papa roach music*

i enjoy aging and accepting my mortality was a huge step forward. there once was a time when i would keep myself awake at night with terrifying thoughts of death. now i see death as the next stage and no matter how sad or scary it may seem, it is the natural order of life.

my parents were young when they conceived me and their parents also young. my maternal grandmother is in her mid to late 70s i beleive and i think of her often when i begin to ponder old-age and death. she is in good health and active as much as she can be but the inevitable is approaching.

i know it will hurt when it happens, but i dont dread it and i know that she lived a full and happy life and that brings me immeasurable joy.

its great to have a carefree and comfortable childhood, but i think that leads to having a harder time adjusting to adulthood because youve become accustomed to your parents taking care of everything.

OfflineCracked Egg
Stranger

Re: The origin of grumpy bitter and angry. [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #27305237 - 05/12/21 07:49 AM (2 months, 21 days ago)

Quote:

EternalCowabunga said:

My childhood was dope too.. 90s all the way.

I imagine you agree with what I'm saying. Life as a kid was magical wether it was a holiday or our 9 month summers.. our imagination was a thing that pulled us through many days.

Then.. hormones and school after having the magic ripped from our souls. Teenage years. Sure, we had fun, but not like kid fun. Life was confusing and tough.. my teen years had some amazing moments, but it just doesn't compare.

Fast-forward to adult hood.. like some of you said, a bit of freedom has opened up.. you can go where you please, if you have the funds. You can live as comfortable or exciting as you'd like, if you have the funds.

Thing is, life will happen regardless. Life will happen with or without money, friends, or family. It's hard and nothing had prepared you for it. Stress shoots up to all new heights, and you find yourself more and more angry.

Sure, there will be times where shit works out, but you and I both know it doesn't last.

50s hit, you got life figured out, but you're tired all the time. This upsets you.. you try spreading the knowledge, no one listens.

I just realized I'm repeating myself..

Life sucks.. enjoy the little moments, but also know time will fly with or without you. Oh, don't be angry.. go with the flow. Don't fight the current, learn to swim with it.

Or play the lottery and then find yourself a nice secure rock on the side of that running rapid river of life.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order