Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGordon Shumway
Stranger
 User Gallery

First Time Grower: Day 16 : Grain Jar Transfer Questions, 'Howmidoin?'
    #27283560 - 04/27/21 07:34 AM (3 years, 23 days ago)

Hello community!

I started with GT spores from the very nice people at Spo%#*+rks (I edited the vendor out as per the forum rules-Fahtster) who at mention of Shroomery referral gave me a nice free bonus.  Delightful folk.

Anyhow, I'm stumbling along following Bod's Easy AF, aiming for the UnBodified Tub for the grow.

I transferred 5 pretty decent (to my untrained eye) agar plates to 10 grain jars on 04.11 by cross-cutting each half plate and dumping in.  Handling the qt jar lids/rings threw me for a loop in their decoupling, I think next time I will tape the lid to the ring for that stage.

Within about 5 days a blueish - green appeared on 4 out of 10 jars which I tossed.  I am unsure what the contam may have been... trich?

Unsure of where the contam came from.  Now I would think during the agar to grain transfer when I was futzing with the lids.  Also I PC'd them without foil on top, my oversight.  The lids have 3/8" holes stuffed with polyfil but the polyfil seems unwieldy to me.  Unsure if too loose / too tight.  When I noticed the contam, I thought it could be improper polyfil so I put micropore over the polyfil without compressing the polyfil, just as a shield.

Then after a few days I thought, maybe I'm restricting the FAE too much (yes, too much overthinking, I'm sure)  so I ran polyfil around the circular 'break' on the lid top where the lid meets the ring and loosened the ring

*Jars at room temp with 12/12 light cycle.

___

FWIW: I have purchased some .22 micron filter disks
Foxx Life Sciences 365-2212-OEM EZFlow Membrane Disc Filter, Hydrophobic PTFE, 25 mm Diameter.2 µm Pore Size
And am using RTV to attach them moving forward with subsequent grain jars.  I have increased the diameter to 1/4" this will cover.  I see some recommend several small holes, but why not just one larger hole covered with filter disk (?).  I may keep a few polyfil and a few micropore to compare.

___

Now I have 6 surviving grain jars at the moment, I shook them around 04.07 when they were 40-60% on the visible area threaded with myc.

Here are pics of where I am at.  Please critique and let me know any recommendations or of I'm just to keep powering on.

Jars numbered in pics...
#2 has a few patches of a similar looking blue - green mentioned above but it seems contained and possibly decreasing as days go by (?) Is that a thing?  Realize I may have to toss, but keeping for education at this point

#6 is the only one that has pooled liquid at the bottom. For #6 I have a top, mid, and bottom pic.

Any wisdom appreciated!

Edited by fahtster (04/27/21 08:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleQM33
(NOT A PUPPET!) ❤❤❤❤❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: First Time Grower: Day 16 : Grain Jar Transfer Questions, 'Howmidoin?' [Re: Gordon Shumway]
    #27283581 - 04/27/21 08:02 AM (3 years, 23 days ago)

--------------------
OmManiPadmeHum,OmManiPadmeHum, OmManiPadMeHum...
There are known knowns, there are known unknowns,
          there are also unknown unknowns.
With great privilege comes great responsibility.

Quantom Qups PROOF AND Soft Drops
Turn your Swab to a Syringe and Syringe to Multiple Syringes!
No Pours (QuantomStyal)
Magic Fruit Leather
DMT for IandI

OfflineGordon Shumway
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First Time Grower: Day 16 : Grain Jar Transfer Questions, 'Howmidoin?' [Re: QM33]
    #27283628 - 04/27/21 08:48 AM (3 years, 23 days ago)

Nice, QM thank you

OfflineGordon Shumway
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First Time Grower: Day 16 : Grain Jar Transfer Questions, 'Howmidoin?' [Re: Gordon Shumway]
    #27297421 - 05/06/21 06:15 PM (3 years, 14 days ago)

Ok, it's been a minute and I've parsed thru that thread QM pointed me to and wanted to share current pics of these jars.

Yes, I'm a noob baby and would like some experienced hot takes on the state / progress of these jars.  I appreciate being pointed to good threads but am still thinking 'is this creamy good'  or like too much moisture from contam  it only seems creamy to my untrained eye?

Current plan of action is to still attempt Bod's Unbodified Tub, but separate the coir into smaller pans or something, so I can fruit each quart in their own pan within the Tub to prevent nasties from spreading between the quarts.  Of course I realize this is now modifying the tub somewhat harhar.  But part is discovery, right?

Anyhow: thoughts, comments, and prayers welcomed.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
    #27297471 - 05/06/21 06:47 PM (3 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Gordon Shumway said:
Ok, it's been a minute and I've parsed thru that thread QM pointed me to and wanted to share current pics of these jars.

Yes, I'm a noob baby and would like some experienced hot takes on the state / progress of these jars.  I appreciate being pointed to good threads but am still thinking 'is this creamy good'  or like too much moisture from contam  it only seems creamy to my untrained eye?

Creamy is always bad.

NOTE THAT I AM A NEW CULTIVATOR, REFER TO MY SIG:

IMO every one of those jars are bacterial. Id suggest either fruiting them as bacterial spawn, the thread u were linked to explains how to do this inside(not recommended) or an outdoor bed(suggested).
The one with trich make sure u dont open in your work space, take it outside and dump then clean tf outta the jar before reuse and try again.
I highly suggest you do some reading as a refresher and dont forget, AGAR IS KING.
START HERE: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24420178

If a TC or more experienced grower chimes in and says theyre fine then theyre prolly fine. This is just my opinion and I suggest you do your own reading before following it.
I dont want to scare you/encourage you to throw out good spawn so PLEASE wait for another opinion. The only reason I give my 2 cents to other noobs at all is I know it can be a very anxiety filled time waiting for an answer so if I can give a bit of insight while waiting for an experienced opinion to come thru i like to help if I can.

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/06/21 06:54 PM)

InvisibleMycelium Juice
Here for the weed
 User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
Re: First Time Grower: Day 16 : Grain Jar Transfer Questions, 'Howmidoin?' [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27297481 - 05/06/21 06:54 PM (3 years, 14 days ago)

:whathesaid:

Those all look fucked except for 4.  4 is your best bet.

And whatever you do, absolutely do not even try to spawn 2.  Throw that shit far far away asap.

Edited by Mycelium Juice (05/06/21 07:10 PM)

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

Loc: United States Flag
Re: First Time Grower: Day 16 : Grain Jar Transfer Questions, 'Howmidoin?' [Re: Mycelium Juice]
    #27297742 - 05/06/21 09:18 PM (3 years, 14 days ago)

2 is definitely mold. Don't even bother trying to spawn it you will just be wasting coir.

That spot on 4 is questionable to me. Also possibly mold.

6 is heavily bacterial and will probably mold out before you get any fruits.

The rest of them are questionable but they can probably get you some fruit. Your best bet is to spawn the other 3 each to their own shoeboxes using any of the shoebox teks you can find using the search function. Good luck

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
Re: First Time Grower: Day 16 : Grain Jar Transfer Questions, 'Howmidoin?' [Re: tiptrippy]
    #27297789 - 05/06/21 09:50 PM (3 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

tiptrippy said:
2 is definitely mold. Don't even bother trying to spawn it you will just be wasting coir.

That spot on 4 is questionable to me. Also possibly mold.

6 is heavily bacterial and will probably mold out before you get any fruits.

The rest of them are questionable but they can probably get you some fruit. Your best bet is to spawn the other 3 each to their own shoeboxes using any of the shoebox teks you can find using the search function. Good luck

:whathesaid:
This guys given me nothing but good advice, id listen to him

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

OfflineGordon Shumway
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First Time Grower: Day 16 : Grain Jar Transfer Questions, 'Howmidoin?' [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27299049 - 05/07/21 05:39 PM (3 years, 13 days ago)

Great, thanks guys - ok, I'll hang some hopes on 1, 3, and 5. 

I'll add on to this as I progress so someone may learn what things looking like those turn into / produce.

I have a 2nd round of grain going, which I looking better at the moment with SFD lids exclusively.  Although a few of those show the same as #2 blueish black splotches in the grain.

Quote:

Ashtray161 said:
I highly suggest you do some reading as a refresher and dont forget, AGAR IS KING.
START HERE: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24420178

10Q!

*off to educate myself on shoe box methods

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds