Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
Thought Loops on Solo Trips
    #27297433 - 05/06/21 06:24 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Hey all,

So ive been wanting to take a pretty high dose (at least 5grams) of mush lately and I was considering doing it tonight.
One of the worries i have about doing this is that A) I cant really let my roomies know im tripping so I need to keep myself in my room and behaving.
This doesnt sound like a problem to me cuz EVERY time i take a high dose of any psychedelic I tend to be immobilized and look asleep (but im not) and having really intense dreams. So ill stay quite other than little moans or "oh my gods"
BUT
The only time ive been a bit...loud..when on high doses is when I get caught up in a seriously terrorfying or tramatic thought loop. Usually id have a trip sitter around or on call somewhere in ear shot to be able to get me out of them but i was wondering if anyone here has had experience getting themselves out of bad thought loops (confusing and amnesic ones where its hard to remember youve been going throu this for a while now)

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: Thought Loops on Solo Trips [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27297472 - 05/06/21 06:48 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like you've tripped on a high dose multiple times with someone (or someones) in the other room.

So who am I to say.

I personally however would not be capable of doing that. I wouldn't want any restraints like that looming under the same roof, so I would wait until I was in a comfortable situation when I could dose completely solo and worry free.

That's just me, though.

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Thought Loops on Solo Trips [Re: Nifflerz]
    #27297499 - 05/06/21 07:13 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Sounds like you've tripped on a high dose multiple times with someone (or someones) in the other room.

So who am I to say.

I personally however would not be capable of doing that. I wouldn't want any restraints like that looming under the same roof, so I would wait until I was in a comfortable situation when I could dose completely solo and worry free.

That's just me, though.

I have, its usually completely fine because again on high doses (even on low doses most of the time) I cant do anything but lay there lol.

Im mostly curious in peoples expereinces with thought loops and how they get out of them without external help (like mayb ur a silent freak out-er like i am, or u trip alone a lot like I do)

--------------------
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#27297503 - 05/06/21 07:16 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

You don't worry about your roommates coming into your room or knocking or anything and wanting to talk to you while you're on 5 grams?

--------------------

OfflineSofaking420
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myco mountain
    #27297516 - 05/06/21 07:23 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I usually ride them out and wait till something breaks it and move on.

Sometimes ive been able to see through the fog whats going on and pull myself out of it. But it can be very hard with higher doses.

I usually prepare a few grounding things around to help me bust out of fonk. But this can also be near impossible to remember on higher doses.

Ive had a few very bad trips, where repressed memorys of childhood abuse came up, and thank god i had my bestfriend tripping with me.

I dont like going deep solo.

Safe travels brother

Whats your enviroment like for these adventures?

Edited by Sofaking420 (05/06/21 07:25 PM)

Offlinemasspan
l'eclair
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Thought Loops on Solo Trips [Re: Ashtray161] * 3
    #27297519 - 05/06/21 07:25 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like a bad idea to me if you can't let your roommates know you are tripping

what if you have to throw up/go to the bathroom?

what if your roommates want to make pancakes and you bonded with the spatula in the pantry?

what if you are in your room talking to yourself and they come in and think you are dying because you are saying weird shit and pretending to sleep and call the paramedics?

i advise no, but hey, this is what stories are made of

--------------------

my mother said, to get things done, you'd better not mess with Major Tom...whose status is the baddest, everytime 'they' bless the apparatus

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27297521 - 05/06/21 07:26 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
You don't worry about your roommates coming into your room or knocking or anything and wanting to talk to you while you're on 5 grams?

Nah we hardly ever interact

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Thought Loops on Solo Trips [Re: masspan]
    #27297525 - 05/06/21 07:28 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

masspan said:
sounds like a bad idea to me if you can't let your roommates know you are tripping

what if you have to throw up/go to the bathroom?

what if your roommates want to make pancakes and you bonded with the spatula in the pantry?

what if you are in your room talking to yourself and they come in and think you are dying because you are saying weird shit and pretending to sleep and call the paramedics?

i advise no, but hey, this is what stories are made of

I appreciate the concern I really do but Im very used to playing off tripping and being able to pull thru stressful situations. Ive spent most of my time tripping in public (due to being homeless most of my life) and before that I was a 15 yr old tripping in my bedroom w my mom home having to hide it so its nothing new to me.
Im just looking for personal experiences with thought loops more than anything

--------------------

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: Thought Loops on Solo Trips [Re: masspan]
    #27297534 - 05/06/21 07:32 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

When stuff starts to slide on high doses I always change up my environment, go in another room, go outside, go inside, change the music, turn it off, put on a movie,  anything that will change the ambience. Not being able to do that would be offputting, it's my #1 intense moment survival strategy.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#27297538 - 05/06/21 07:33 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

As far as thought loops I just gotta do something different. Like if I get caught in a loop, and stay doing the same thing (whatever that is), I won't be able to get out of that loop so I need to do something like different. Like put on a little music or something to get your mind off whatever you're looped on. Or put something on TV or on YouTube . Anything to distract you and break you from that bad loop you're stuck in.

That's what I try to do anyway.

Have a great trip, Ashtray!!

--------------------

Edited by Nifflerz (05/06/21 07:41 PM)

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Thought Loops on Solo Trips [Re: Northerner]
    #27297540 - 05/06/21 07:34 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
When stuff starts to slide on high doses I always change up my environment, go in another room, go outside, go inside, change the music, turn it off, put on a movie,  anything that will change the ambience. Not being able to do that would be offputting, it's my #1 intense moment survival strategy.

Beat me to it.

:raisemyglass:

--------------------

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

#27297545 - 05/06/21 07:36 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

:rollsafe:

--------------------

Offlinemasspan
l'eclair
 User Gallery

Re: Thought Loops on Solo Trips [Re: Ashtray161] * 2
    #27297552 - 05/06/21 07:38 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

as a teen i tripped at home with my severely anti-drug parents around and managed it also, but it was not very much fun

it depends on what the worst outcome with your roommates is honestly

as far as thought loops, i would think that fear of your roommates finding you tripping would be your biggest one in the context, and the only way to shake that would be to do it somewhere with a better setting. i would wait, what's the rush?

good luck with it, like i said, stories :smile:

--------------------

my mother said, to get things done, you'd better not mess with Major Tom...whose status is the baddest, everytime 'they' bless the apparatus

Offlinemasspan
l'eclair
 User Gallery

#27297554 - 05/06/21 07:39 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:

exactly, you always need an escape plan, always

--------------------

Offlinemasspan
l'eclair
 User Gallery

Re: Thought Loops on Solo Trips [Re: masspan] * 1
    #27297580 - 05/06/21 07:49 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

...and speaking of thought loops and not having any backup plan, my friend and i met up with some old friends along time ago and took some acid, everything was going fine, i gradually realized my friend (who had never met my old friends) was absolutely fixated on a felt blacklight picture of Elvis from his overweight Vegas days. he described it the next day as having been ravaged and tortured by this chubby prince for time that stretched into infinity....i felt horrible for not having an escape plan....and we were not concerned about anyone in our group thinking we were weird

--------------------

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Re: Thought Loops on Solo Trips [Re: masspan] * 1
    #27297613 - 05/06/21 08:08 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I'd be scared of dead and chubby Elvis too.

One time I was tripping with this guy and we went around someone else's house. They had one of those blood pressure vital sign machine things and we had a go just to see what we were looking like. So this dudes blood pressure comes up a little high and the dude who we are visiting is pretty wild, I can see he's starting to freak out the guy I'm with so I call it quits and we leave. This health machine has got into this dudes head now and he's starting to freak out he's going to die or something. Had to do the whole "you're fine, you're just tripping, nothing is wrong, you are perfectly safe" speech for a while. Fortunately he pulled out of it and we went down the beach and had a great time. Thought I'd lost him to the void there for a moment. Nothing worse than nursing people on a bad trip when you are tripping yourself.

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Thought Loops on Solo Trips [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #27297625 - 05/06/21 08:16 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

My absolute favorite trip to this day was one I had w my bestfriend in middle school.
We met back up in highschool years and I had grown 12 PF cakes out of a kit (i was 15 lol) and we made tea without a scale. Neither one of us knew how to even come close to eye balling either AND they were fresh lol. So we just throw a random amount in. I had tripped about a dozen times before this and was getting comfy with higher doses, my first trip was a blackout DMT like trip so I was all gun ho. He was excited to trip too and we wanted to make sure we both did enough to get a decent trip. Long story short we drink the tea and about 10 mins later we put on a movie (pink floyds the wall, a movie I still dont remember a single second of cuz ive never watched it sober or like, not tripping dog balls) but only a couple minutes in we both knew we were in for a ride and went into my room. I layed on the bed and him on the floor, I dont remember how I was able to get music on in time but I put on a 10hour mix of dubstep(it was the early 2010s dont judge) and had one of my most intense trips ever.
For about 4 hours I think it was neither one of us moved. Id come out of the intense CEVs for just long enou to look over on the ground and touch my buddies shoulder which would knock him out of his dream like state for a moment so I could ask him "you okay man?"
Everytime hed just respond with a thumbs up and a smile and turn back over to put his head back into his hands. He was like that every time I looked over so im pretty sure he stayed like that the whole trip.
When we both came back I felt the need to profusely apologize to him but it was a life changing experience (for about 6 months anyway) for him. Looking back we both easily consumed 5 or 6 grams each.

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/06/21 08:17 PM)

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#27297637 - 05/06/21 08:21 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Lol okay since we're on trip stories of friends starting to wig out, I tripped with a homie out at a cabin a couple weeks ago -- this cabin is surrounded by other cabins out in the woods (all rental cabins) and we were taking a walk and this little kid off in the distance was wigging my friend the fuck out. The kid was probably 50 yds away (7-8 years old) and was hiding behind trees, darting back & forth behind them and then peeking out at us.

The friend was seriously disturbed by this and even started to get mad about it

:wellthatsweird:

He was saying the kid was like on some Damien or Chucky vibes :lol: I was like just chill my guy, it's just some little kid being a little kid. We walked back to the cabin and homie would not stop talking about this kid, saying that the kid was up to something :facepalm:

I tried to switch the subject and after some time passed he finally forgot about the brat, lol.

--------------------

Edited by Nifflerz (05/06/21 08:24 PM)

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#27297640 - 05/06/21 08:23 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ashtray161 said:
My absolute favorite trip to this day was one I had w my bestfriend in middle school.
We met back up in highschool years and I had grown 12 PF cakes out of a kit (i was 15 lol) and we made tea without a scale. Neither one of us knew how to even come close to eye balling either AND they were fresh lol. So we just throw a random amount in. I had tripped about a dozen times before this and was getting comfy with higher doses, my first trip was a blackout DMT like trip so I was all gun ho. He was excited to trip too and we wanted to make sure we both did enough to get a decent trip. Long story short we drink the tea and about 10 mins later we put on a movie (pink floyds the wall, a movie I still dont remember a single second of cuz ive never watched it sober or like, not tripping dog balls) but only a couple minutes in we both knew we were in for a ride and went into my room. I layed on the bed and him on the floor, I dont remember how I was able to get music on in time but I put on a 10hour mix of dubstep(it was the early 2010s dont judge) and had one of my most intense trips ever.
For about 4 hours I think it was neither one of us moved. Id come out of the intense CEVs for just long enou to look over on the ground and touch my buddies shoulder which would knock him out of his dream like state for a moment so I could ask him "you okay man?"
Everytime hed just respond with a thumbs up and a smile and turn back over to put his head back into his hands. He was like that every time I looked over so im pretty sure he stayed like that the whole trip.
When we both came back I felt the need to profusely apologize to him but it was a life changing experience (for about 6 months anyway) for him. Looking back we both easily consumed 5 or 6 grams each.

Haha that's awesome:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineShroomedOcean
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hbg
    #27297649 - 05/06/21 08:27 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

i know, "quit asking for the same answers, it will never end.  if it does end, i give up and stop staring at me you all or get me over being watched" :fuckthisshit:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies