Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineomnibot
omni

God as a moment (trip report)
    #2729692 - 05/25/04 10:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I tripped Saturday afternoon and had an eye opening experience.

while lookin out over the town I live in I had a sudden very strong awareness of the awe of existence.

Part of this was laughing and laughing and laughing at all of the things humans have done, amazing and not so amazing, just for the sheer joy of it.

I also found a god I can believe in. A god so evident in the world around us that to believe in it simply means to believe in the existence in the universe. A god described much better by the word "now" than the word god. A moment so great that somehow it gave rise to existence, that somehow we experience this existence as mere fingertips of that moment. (forgive me, this is not an easy thing to describe). I didn't feel that this god was anything more or less than everything. I was aware of the joy of finding out about our universe, of exploring the physical properties of the world around us, of experiencing, in our own limited way, something which holds so much more than we can see.

I do not feel that this "god" has human emotions, or any human characteristics for that matter. The idea seems strange to me. I feel that this moment, this absolute divinity in the world around us is everyones "soul", that we all share the water from the same spring.

I wondered how we have forgotten. How powerful our minds must be to be able to block this out so easily, how complete is the illusion that we are seperate from the universe. How we have developed a society that can possible look down on personal journies closer to existence.

This point of inspiration, this thing that defies space and time completely while we simply run along a strand on its surface, this thing we call the universe, how could I ever have doubted the existence of this? How could I ever have forgotten? How could I ever have let myself take life so goddamn seriously? I laughed and laughed and laughed. I cried. I wondered at the pain we cause ourselves, at the pain inherent in life.

I wondered at artists.
I wondered at wars.
I wondered at airplanes.

I thought about the bible. That there are words of wisdom to be found there among all the words of confusion. That perhaps there were men who somehow never forgot that we are all divine, that existence itself is divine. Perhaps Jesus was one of those men. No more holy than the rest of us yet somehow endowed with the gift of seeing "now".

I am left here now, to try and remember. To try and decide whether what I have seen is real or just smoke and mirrors. For now I can say that I believe in god. It's no harder for me than to say I believe in this computer in front of me. It is the same thing. Even nothingness implys something, and something is all I need.

I have remembered something I forgot long ago.
Perhaps as a child.
Perhaps before I was born.

Take a minute to stretch.
Remember what it's like to be human
to be stuck inside a strange body
and yet able to move

Everytime I stretch now
I think
"look at me!"
"look what I can do!"
"look at this incredile body!"

And the universe, in its own way, answers.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThunderStruck
Stranger
Re: God as a moment (trip report) [Re: omnibot]
    #2729861 - 05/25/04 11:07 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Wow. Very intellectual, spacey stuff here. Great post.

I won't delve into my own take on this.. but you can check out related topics at the following sites (not trying to promote them, they're not mine):

you got some psionics stuff(doing stuff with energy around you[kinesis and the like]). I practice psionics daily now: http://www.psipog.net/home.php

and you got some Chaos stuff. I'm a chaote, myself. Same principles you talk of, more or less, except it is largely about using all forms of magic without pointless rituals(unless it helps your psyche): http://www.chaosmagic.com/mainmenu.htm

I prefer a combination of both. They give me something to experiment with because it has not been fully considered by average people. For instance, most will blow me off saying "you're full of sh*t" or something. But still there are more skeletons in my closet because of a little word called "sanguinarian". Google search it if you're intrigued.. I'd rather not explain the real thing to you. And all of this goes on--OFF the magi mushrooms! Amazing, huh. Hell you can even give yourself a mushroom high--with your own mind.

Bahh, I ramble.
Great post!

Anonymous

#2730189 - 05/26/04 12:05 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

you are now awakened. your spiritual journey has begun, to see things in this light is going to be so much more joyful and easier to understand. easier to not get pissed.

Quote:

That perhaps there were men who somehow never forgot that we are all divine, that existence itself is divine. Perhaps Jesus was one of those men. No more holy than the rest of us yet somehow endowed with the gift of seeing "now".

exactly right.

never doubt this truth you have remembered. love is all that matters.

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
    #2731535 - 05/26/04 11:04 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

omni, you and I are much alike in this respect.

Offlinesaltlick
that guy
Loc: San Francisco, CA
    #2732558 - 05/26/04 03:55 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Wonderful post/trip report.

Thank you.

--------------------
I don't know about you, but I'm going that way...

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...
 Arcade Champion: Tontie

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2733478 - 05/26/04 07:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

sounds nice...

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #2737552 - 05/27/04 05:59 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I always love reading about trips like this. Just reminds me of the first time my eyes were truley opened to the world around me. Being able to appreciate everything to the fullest is a wonderful feeling.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience