Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJacubey
Wanna-be-cultivar
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Just started 5 reishi grows 😎
    #27293858 - 05/04/21 11:36 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Excited to see what these produce! I plan on giving one with low FAE to my mother for mother's day, being the "Mushroom of immortality" and all.
  I think she'll appreciate the antlers.

Any advice? This is an oak sawdust drow, using Lipa's tek.  I've used Walmart grocery sacks as the liners in 24qt tubs. 1:5 spawn to sub ratio.

--------------------

Edited by Jacubey (08/25/21 08:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just started 5 reishi grows 😎 [Re: Jacubey]
    #27295686 - 05/05/21 03:23 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Good luck on the grow!

So this was actual sawdust, not fuel pellets?

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineJacubey
Wanna-be-cultivar

Re: Just started 5 reishi grows 😎 [Re: Forrester]
    #27296781 - 05/06/21 09:14 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Ah sorry. I used fuel pellets and then they expand in to sawdust I suppose.  I assumed all sawdust grows came from fuel pellets

--------------------

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27298875 - 05/07/21 04:00 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Ah, no some people use actual saw dust, like from a mill or cabinet maker.  It's good that you used fuel pellets I don't imagine you'll have any problems :thumbup:

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

InvisibleSamushlove
Water
 User Gallery

Loc: Foothills
    #27299716 - 05/08/21 06:03 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

That's a awesome idea I'm about to try reishi again .I will look into the lipas tek .

OfflineJacubey
Wanna-be-cultivar

Re: Just started 5 reishi grows 😎 [Re: Samushlove]
    #27300770 - 05/08/21 08:36 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

So, each grow has varying amounts of FAE/GE.  2 grows have no holes for FAE, just relying on the leak from the lid to provide sufficient gas exchange.  The other 3 have varying degrees of holes for FAE.

All 5 grows at this point have so much condensation that I can't see the inside very well.  HOWEVER! From what I can tell, the surface of all 5 are already fully colonized.  I had no idea reishi would be such an aggresive colonizer after growing used to P. Cubensis.

Is Reishi so fast because the original cultivar has just selected good genetics to ship an aggressive live culture? Or is all reishi this fast?

--------------------

OfflineJacubey
Wanna-be-cultivar

#27300771 - 05/08/21 08:37 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Samushlove said:
That's a awesome idea I'm about to try reishi again .I will look into the lipas tek .

This is my first time doing it, but so far so good. If everything turns out well it's probably one of the best beginner teks for sawdust/pellet based grows.

--------------------

OfflineTravelAgency
The ongoing "wow"

#27301041 - 05/09/21 03:24 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Forrester said:
Good luck on the grow!

So this was actual sawdust, not fuel pellets?

What's up Forrester! Good to see you mate I've often thought about you! Especially in relaying anecdotal evidence for TT's efficacy with Lyme. I have a lot of FB friends dealing with that disease.

Quote:

Jacubey said:

Good on you mate for running side by sides. That's how I learned most of what I know about cultivation. I will say though that Ganoderma are hella light sensitive so having them stacked like that may throw off your experiment. I find IME that most Ganoderma will yield higher by restricting them to just GE and getting massive antlers off of them. Conks are gorgeous and sometimes wanted specifically by a buyer but GE only and long antlers is where it's at for yield.
So, each grow has varying amounts of FAE/GE.  2 grows have no holes for FAE, just relying on the leak from the lid to provide sufficient gas exchange.  The other 3 have varying degrees of holes for FAE.

All 5 grows at this point have so much condensation that I can't see the inside very well.  HOWEVER! From what I can tell, the surface of all 5 are already fully colonized.  I had no idea reishi would be such an aggresive colonizer after growing used to P. Cubensis.

Is Reishi so fast because the original cultivar has just selected good genetics to ship an aggressive live culture? Or is all reishi this fast?

--------------------

Indoor Greenhouse Build 
          Mid Size Mushroom Farm

Offlinetaku
° shapeshifter ∆
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Just started 5 reishi grows 😎 [Re: TravelAgency]
    #27301349 - 05/09/21 09:33 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

TT can combat Lyme disease?!

--------------------

OfflineJacubey
Wanna-be-cultivar

Re: Just started 5 reishi grows 😎 [Re: TravelAgency]
    #27301513 - 05/09/21 11:21 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TravelAgency said:
Good on you mate for running side by sides. That's how I learned most of what I know about cultivation. I will say though that Ganoderma are hella light sensitive so having them stacked like that may throw off your experiment. I find IME that most Ganoderma will yield higher by restricting them to just GE and getting massive antlers off of them. Conks are gorgeous and sometimes wanted specifically by a buyer but GE only and long antlers is where it's at for yield.

The stack was just how I had them in my work area immediately after spawning. I'm keeping them side by side in my grow room.

I've read conflicting things about which gives higher yields.  Somewhere I read that Conks give better yields because they'll flush multiple times, while antlers will go only once

--------------------

OfflineTravelAgency
The ongoing "wow"

#27301798 - 05/09/21 03:52 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Nah antlers will give you better yields every time if given enough room to grow.

--------------------

Indoor Greenhouse Build 
          Mid Size Mushroom Farm

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27304589 - 05/11/21 04:38 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TravelAgency said:
What's up Forrester! Good to see you mate I've often thought about you! Especially in relaying anecdotal evidence for TT's efficacy with Lyme. I have a lot of FB friends dealing with that disease.

Hey what's up!

Yeah unfortunately it seems like I am hearing of more and more people having to deal with it these days, seems it is getting a lot more common :frown:

Quote:

Jacubey said:

It's pretty much all like that, quick to colonize and slow to fruit :smile:

--------------------
-------------------

OfflineJacubey
Wanna-be-cultivar

#27439766 - 08/23/21 03:49 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry it took me so long to post an update here!

All 5 grows have been doing excellent. Every single one has punched out the top of its container, and one has colonized and grown out of its filter patch.

Theres a spot that kind of looks like mold to me, but it could also just be spores.  None of them have conked yet though.

Also, you'll notice some powdery yellow looking stuff on the edges of all of the reishi. I can rub it off, so maybe that's the spores?

Anyway, it seems like they're all still growing, and have more to go.  The grow that popped out the side loses tons of moisture though, and I've had to rehydrate it twice.  The rest haven't needed rehydrating at all yet.

So far:
  • Less FAE: Fewer fatter fruits
  • More FAE: More thinner fruits

--------------------

Edited by Jacubey (08/23/21 03:51 PM)

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27439794 - 08/23/21 04:15 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Haha, nice!  Antlers gone crazy :crazy2:

Yeah that yellow stuff is not spores, they're very dark in color, but whatever it is it's normal :thumbup:

--------------------
-------------------

InvisibleSamushlove
Water
 User Gallery

Loc: Foothills
    #27439848 - 08/23/21 04:51 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Tub of snakes 🤣 awesome !!! I think I will try a tub for my reishi next time.thanks for the update

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27439860 - 08/23/21 05:01 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

In some of those it looks like you turned the tub part way through the grow, so they had to turn and grow a different direction towards the light.  Fun to do that :cool:

--------------------
-------------------

OfflineJacubey
Wanna-be-cultivar

#27439883 - 08/23/21 05:13 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Forrester said:
In some of those it looks like you turned the tub part way through the grow, so they had to turn and grow a different direction towards the light.  Fun to do that :cool:

Yep, I was turning them every time I noticed the majority of the antlers were near one of the walls.  I was just growing in my living room with the ambient light from a window, so they were heavily favoring one side.

Quote:

Samushlove said:
Tub of snakes 🤣 awesome !!! I think I will try a tub for my reishi next time.thanks for the update

If I were to set up another reishi grow in a tub, I think I'd make sure sub is only ~2 inches thick. I think mine could use a lot more vertical space.  I set up my sub in these using plastic wal-mart grocery bags, mixing the sub, and dropping them in to the tub.  I think I made the cakes a little too thick in the process.

I also wonder what would've happened if I used air-tight tubs rather than tubs with lids that have no seal.

--------------------

OfflineJacubey
Wanna-be-cultivar

#27459886 - 09/07/21 11:12 PM (2 years, 7 months ago)

One of my bins started molding (the one that punched through the filter). I've had to rehydrate it multiple times but it seems it's time to give up on it. It loses too much moisture too fast, and the mold is starting to become too much to contend with (I was trimming the moldy parts, but trich spores do not fuck around.)

Anyway, here are some final pics of one of my grows. Does anybody know what those wart thingies are?

--------------------

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27462776 - 09/10/21 08:40 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Normal reishi weirdness :thumbup:

--------------------
-------------------

Offlinerollinels
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27463680 - 09/11/21 12:54 AM (2 years, 7 months ago)

Those are beauts  :badshroom:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck