Home | Community | Message Board

EdenShrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleButtFace
Do I need to PC bacterial jars or is that just for moldy jars?
    #27296104 - 05/06/21 04:46 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

I have a bunch of PF cakes that went bacterial.  Is it safe to open them in the house or will it 'spread bacteria' all over like mold spores spread all over and ruin your growing space when opening moldy jars?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Do I need to PC bacterial jars or is that just for moldy jars? [Re: ButtFace]
    #27296226 - 05/06/21 06:17 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

You're good. I also dump dirty spawn out inside the house into the trash. Nothing to worry about

InvisibleButtFace
Re: Do I need to PC bacterial jars or is that just for moldy jars? [Re: tiptrippy]
    #27296230 - 05/06/21 06:21 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Thanks. Wish I knew that an hour ago, LOL.  I just got done PCing the jars for an hour at 15 psi and it smells so bad!  I stunk up the house.

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

Re: Do I need to PC bacterial jars or is that just for moldy jars? [Re: ButtFace]
    #27296257 - 05/06/21 06:50 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Wait you PC them again with the dirty spawn still inside the jars?

:toohightothink:

Probably not a good haha
Even with moldy jars, just dump them out first. If they are really bad you can dump them into a smaller grocery bag then take it outside

InvisibleButtFace
Re: Do I need to PC bacterial jars or is that just for moldy jars? [Re: tiptrippy]
    #27296259 - 05/06/21 07:02 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I believe the general consensus is to PC the contaminated jars with the grains still inside, if you want to reuse the jars, so that you don't spread mold spores all over your home because all those mold spores will ruin your future grows.

So, you don't need to do that with bacterial jars?

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

#27296270 - 05/06/21 07:12 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

No and I have never PC a jar with mold or bacteria in it to reuse it. I use a SAB for my agar work and haven't had mold contaminate a plate for a long time. Mold spores are everywhere even without your grain jars. Don't make your life and hobby more difficult than it needs to be

Like I said if you're that worried about it just dump the jars outside. Then wash with hot soap and water and run though the dishwasher

InvisibleShroomerInTheRye
Clit Commander
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Themyscira Flag
    #27296272 - 05/06/21 07:13 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ButtFace said:
Thanks. Wish I knew that an hour ago, LOL.  I just got done PCing the jars for an hour at 15 psi and it smells so bad!  I stunk up the house.

I did this once and couldn’t go back into my apartment for a few days because of the smell. If I have a contam jar now, I just shitcan it and start again. That smell was unbearable.

--------------------
:nyan: <-- Clicky Clicky

InvisibleSmartattack
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Loc: A thought
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Do I need to PC bacterial jars or is that just for moldy jars? [Re: ShroomerInTheRye]
    #27296292 - 05/06/21 07:30 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

The reason you get a contam in the first place before ever having a contaminated jar is because the contam is already there, ever present. It doesnt happen by magic, it came from YOUR air. I never understand the logic that having a contaminated jar or tub opened in your space will ruin future grows. Think about it, if its your first grow attempt ever and you get trich in the grow, you are going to go off the rails in worry that your future grows are going to contam? I mean your very first tub just got trich without ever having had a contaminated grow to begin with. This kind of logic tells you something, contam is in the process or prep not because you didnt PC your jars.

InvisibleButtFace
Re: Do I need to PC bacterial jars or is that just for moldy jars? [Re: Smartattack]
    #27296299 - 05/06/21 07:38 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

I used a spore syringe.  I believe that is where the contam came from because I PC'd my PF jars for 60 min at 15 psi. The inoculation holes had myc and wetspot growing. I flame sterilized between jars in a SAB while wearing gloves and tyvek sleeves wiped down by alcohol and the inside walls of the SAB were sprayed with soapy water.  I also wore a surgical mask and hair net.

TC's have said in the past that opening a contaminated jar is no bueno  for your future grows. That is where my thoughts on this matter came from. Maybe that is outdated info. 

I get it though, clean spawn is Number 1 and coir is rather resistant to contams in general.  I have now decided to abandon spore syringes from sponsors and only use prints on agar from now on.

InvisibleSmartattack
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27296315 - 05/06/21 07:56 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ButtFace said:
I used a spore syringe.  I believe that is where the contam came from because I PC'd my PF jars for 60 min at 15 psi. The inoculation holes had myc and wetspot growing. I flame sterilized between jars in a SAB while wearing gloves and tyvek sleeves wiped down by alcohol and the inside walls of the SAB were sprayed with soapy water.  I also wore a surgical mask and hair net.

TC's have said in the past that opening a contaminated jar is no bueno  for your future grows. That is where my thoughts on this matter came from. Maybe that is outdated info. 

I get it though, clean spawn is Number 1 and coir is rather resistant to contams in general.  I have now decided to abandon spore syringes from sponsors and only use prints on agar from now on.

This is a top notch response. :awesomenod:

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
Re: Do I need to PC bacterial jars or is that just for moldy jars? [Re: Smartattack]
    #27296412 - 05/06/21 09:34 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Smartattack said:
The reason you get a contam in the first place before ever having a contaminated jar is because the contam is already there, ever present. It doesnt happen by magic, it came from YOUR air. I never understand the logic that having a contaminated jar or tub opened in your space will ruin future grows. Think about it, if its your first grow attempt ever and you get trich in the grow, you are going to go off the rails in worry that your future grows are going to contam? I mean your very first tub just got trich without ever having had a contaminated grow to begin with. This kind of logic tells you something, contam is in the process or prep not because you didnt PC your jars.

The brain is a funny thing man, it looks for cause and effect even when there isnt any. Its hard for us to grasp the invisible meance (and friendlies) that are floating around us, on us, in us 24/7 so our brains figure the first time we see the mold THAT is now the source of all future infections. Its easier for us to wrap our heads around I think. Until we truly understand from experience. I dont think any concept can truly be appreciated until experienced for ones self. Mayb im just a slow learned that insists on learning the hard way lol but thats my experience anyway.
Ive had to let go of worrying about every contam vector in my workspace because I AM a contam vector lol. Every surface is alive, fortunately physics and a long long time of trial and error from the shroomie cartographers gave us a simple trick of a SAB. Keep them contams where they belong! ON THE FLOOR! lol

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27296415 - 05/06/21 09:35 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Smartattack said:
Quote:

ButtFace said:

This is a top notch response. :awesomenod:

Is it best to buy or trade prints when one wants to grow a new pheno then? I just kinda defaulted to spore syringes to agar. Would I be better off getting prints?

--------------------
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

Re: Do I need to PC bacterial jars or is that just for moldy jars? [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27296419 - 05/06/21 09:38 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Almost everyone starts with buying syringes because they don't know what to do with a spore print.

Yes spore prints and swabs will serve you much better than a syringe and they will last much longer and will usually be much cleaner. Many TCs here would rather trash their grows than use syringes again lol

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27296423 - 05/06/21 09:40 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tiptrippy said:
Almost everyone starts with buying syringes because they don't know what to do with a spore print.

Yes spore prints and swabs will serve you much better than a syringe and they will last much longer and will usually be much cleaner. Many TCs here would rather trash their grows than use syringes again lol

Huh, good to know! Ive only had 1 print to work w as far that someone from discord sent me. I think a shroomery member is fixing to send me some too :P
Ill keep that in mind and start getting prints and swabs instead! Theyre cheaper anyway :p
Hopefully soon people will like me enough to wanna trade/gift spores to me lol

--------------------

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Re: Do I need to PC bacterial jars or is that just for moldy jars? [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27296433 - 05/06/21 09:58 AM (1 year, 8 months ago)

You'll get access to the marketplace soon enough, you may have access already.
Pop over and get onto a giveaway.

Edited by DERRAYLD (05/06/21 01:45 PM)

InvisibleSmartattack
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Do I need to PC bacterial jars or is that just for moldy jars? [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #27296581 - 05/06/21 03:00 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Or just pm me and I'll send you a RW which is like the best line to grow anyways😉

InvisibleButtFace
    #27296592 - 05/06/21 03:27 PM (1 year, 8 months ago)

Thanks everyone.

I know I can do syringe to agar with a single drop of solution but I think I will just stick to prints.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract