Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Some People Are Trying To Get High By Eating Raw, Rotten Meat
    #27291900 - 05/03/21 11:18 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Some People Are Trying To Get High By Eating Raw, Rotten Meat
ladbible.com - May 3, 2021

People are eating raw rotten meat in an attempt to get high and then sharing their experiences online. Anyone else just had enough of 2021 already?

So-called 'high meat' is created simply enough, by leaving meat to rot and decompose for weeks or even years, allowing a grim layer of bacteria to form across the surface. Yummy.

This raw, rotting meat is then eaten with some claiming it gives them a sense of euphoria, IFL Science reports.

YouTuber sv3rige, who is a big fan of chowing down on raw meat, hopped on the trend all the way back in 2017, eating a jarful of meat which he claimed was a year old.

He didn't make the experience look particularly pleasurable, to be honest, coughing and complaining that it was 'hard to swallow' before stressing that it didn't 'taste bad' but was 'spicy' and 'overwhelming'.

He compared the flavour to 'mushrooms' before adding that it was 'acidic'. Sounds delightful.

After eating the rotten meat, the YouTuber said he could 'already feel it' before confirming that it was 'definitely high meat'. Fair enough.

More recently, a Twitter user shared their own experiences with 'high meat' saying that it 'actually felt great' and stressing that they didn't get sick 'at all'.

But it's important to point out that eating raw, rotten meat is not without its risks.

Now, if the meat is properly fermented - like in the case of the Icelandic dish hákarl, which is created using the fermented flesh of a shark, or Korea's Hongeo-hoe, which is made using fermented skate - then you'll most likely be fine.

However, if you're chomping your way through meat that's just been left out to decompose then you could be putting your health at risk.

Harmful and even potentially deadly bacteria can flourish on decomposing meat, meaning if you were to consume it could end up in your gut and set you up for a really bad time.

According to IFL Science, some of those who have attempted to try 'high meat' have been left with seriously upset stomachs.

Welcoming bacteria such as salmonella and staphylococcus aureus into your body can also lead to hospitalisation and in extreme cases even death.

I know it probably goes without saying, but please don't try this at home, guys.

Another youtuber, KasumiKriss:
What Does It Taste Like?? - Eating Rotten Meat (High Meat, Raw Calf Liver)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OnlinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Some People Are Trying To Get High By Eating Raw, Rotten Meat [Re: veggie]
    #27291964 - 05/03/21 12:15 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

OfflineVP123
Strange
Male

Loc: Midwest
Re: Some People Are Trying To Get High By Eating Raw, Rotten Meat [Re: veggie] * 1
    #27292109 - 05/03/21 01:53 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

The girl in the video pretends to become euphoric 25 seconds after ingesting a tiny piece of rotten meat? Which drug has such short time of action when administered by oral ingestion? Oral ingestion exhibiting onset of action on ta time scale similar to injection or inhalation? Seems like a placebo effect.

Besides, what's wrong with good ol' fashioned mushrooms and weed?

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: Some People Are Trying To Get High By Eating Raw, Rotten Meat [Re: gopher]
    #27292115 - 05/03/21 01:55 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

i hope i get one of these as a patient :kingtard:

collecting stories is fun. if these numbnuts are going to do it anyway, I'd at least like the opportunity to ask them questions

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: Some People Are Trying To Get High By Eating Raw, Rotten Meat [Re: VP123]
    #27292121 - 05/03/21 01:57 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

VP123 said:
The girl in the video pretends to become euphoric 25 seconds after ingesting a tiny piece of rotten meat? Which drug has such short time of action when administered by oral ingestion? Oral ingestion exhibiting onset of action on ta time scale similar to injection or inhalation? Seems like a placebo effect.

most likely some troll made it up just to watch idiotic youtubers that are always looking for the next thing that will get them views do something really stupid

wouldnt be the first time

OnlinegopherS
I'm a teapot

Re: Some People Are Trying To Get High By Eating Raw, Rotten Meat [Re: morrowasted]
    #27292142 - 05/03/21 02:07 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Eating rotten meat is a traditional thing, if you click the thread I posted, I have a quote from a book showing the inuit did it in the early 1900's. Other societies used to do it to, theres some argument that humans were scavengers before hunters, we have a high stomach PH.

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

#27292172 - 05/03/21 02:23 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

the pH of your stomach acid adjusts in accordance with what you eat. if you dont eat any meat you will have a less acidic stomach and vice versa.

almost certainly is the case that humans used to eat rotting meat sometimes. like, when the alternative was starvation. which is clearly no longer the case.

that doesnt mean it cant get you sick today (or that it never got them sick back then)

it's an empirical fact that people get sick and die far more often from eating rotten, raw, or undercooked meat than from eating cooked, fresh meat.

chubbyemu youtube channel has some pretty fun and in depth case studies of people either dying or nearly dying from spoiled food

InvisibleveggieM

Re: Some People Are Trying To Get High By Eating Raw, Rotten Meat [Re: morrowasted]
    #27292400 - 05/03/21 04:31 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

VP123 said:

Agree 100% :super:

Quote:

morrowasted said:
most likely some troll made it up just to watch idiotic youtubers that are always looking for the next thing that will get them views do something really stupid

So true. Remember Jenkem and Cheesing? :facepalm:

OnlinegopherS
I'm a teapot

#27292409 - 05/03/21 04:38 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

morrowasted said:
like, when the alternative was starvation.

I think the Inuit ate it as a treat, they wernt starving

Quote:

gopher said:
a few paragraphs from the fat of the land by vilhjalmur stefansson, on his time with the Inuit

Quote:

In  many  districts  fish  were  caught throughout  the  summer in  larger  quantities  than  could  be  consumed.  There  were two  methods  of  preservation.

I saw  a  typical  instance  of  one  method  during  my  first year  in  the  North.  Fish,  ranging  from  one  to  three  or  four pounds in weight, were caught in great numbers. They were immediately  slit  and  the  entrails  removed,  and  were  then piled  in  long  windrows  just  back  from  the  sea  beach,  and covered with  piles  of driftwood  for protection  from  dogs  and wolves.  If  there  had  been June  fishing at  this  place,  the  fish would have been nearly liquid by fall. Late July catches grew so rotten  that a  fish might fall  to  pieces  if you  tried  to handle it.  The  August  catch  was  pretty  high;  but  toward  the  end of  September  there  was  so  much  frost  at  night  and  so  little thaw during the day that putrefaction ceased.

Decayed  fish  were  not  eaten  during  the  warm  weather;they  were  not  considered  good  until  frozen.  As  soon  as  the freeze-up  came,  they  began  to  be  used  as  delicacies,  some-times  as  whole  meals.  The  only  way  of  serving  decayed  fish was  to  allow  them  to  thaw  in  the  house  until  they  were  as soft  as  hard  ice  cream, when  they  were  eaten  somewhat  as  a child would consume  an  ice cream  cone. The  taste  is similar to that  of our strong  cheeses.  The  attitude  of  the  Mackenzie Eskimos  toward  decayed  fish  was  about  that  of  our  fashion-able  diners  toward  Camembert  or  Limburger

--------------------

Invisibleellomello
XP
 User Gallery

Loc: babilonUSA
    #27292473 - 05/03/21 05:12 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

No way it would cause euphoria, and not already be well known..
it's my understanding all raw meat contains parasites, like tape worm eggs...
"What is taeniasis? Taeniasis in humans is a parasitic infection caused by the tapeworm species Taenia saginata (beef tapeworm), Taenia solium (pork tapeworm), and Taenia asiatica (Asian tapeworm). Humans can become infected with these tapeworms by eating raw or undercooked beef (T. saginata) or pork (T...."

--------------------
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN get back to the garden

some came singing, some come to play, some come for keeping the dark away

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Re: Some People Are Trying To Get High By Eating Raw, Rotten Meat [Re: ellomello]
    #27292491 - 05/03/21 05:26 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

lol whenever I am talking to someone about what is and isn't a good idea in terms of diet the inuit ALWAYS seem to come up

the inuit were not the paragon of healthy living.

in any case, freezing the fish stops the bacterias metabolism. if you let it thaw and leave it out for a while they can eventually start growing and stuff again but if you eat it within minutes of thawing i doubt it.

I cant claim to know any of this for sure but I imagine the belief that "they werent considered good until frozen" reflects the fact that they learned the hard way what happens if you eat it before that.

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: Some People Are Trying To Get High By Eating Raw, Rotten Meat [Re: veggie] * 1
    #27293634 - 05/04/21 09:44 AM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I don't give a fuck if it gets you high or not. I would never do that and anyone who tries that is an absolute dumbass.

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Some People Are Trying To Get High By Eating Raw, Rotten Meat [Re: thirtygoats]
    #27294803 - 05/04/21 10:58 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

https://scitechdaily.com/eat-me-the-cell-signal-of-death/
“Eat Me!” – The Cell Signal of Death

Has the chemical pathway for reward been opened? 

Quote:

The amino acids phenylalanine and tyrosine are precursors for catecholamines. Both amino acids are found in high concentrations in blood plasma and the brain. In mammals, tyrosine can be formed from dietary phenylalanine by the enzyme phenylalanine hydroxylase, found in large amounts in the liver.
-- wikipedia

Quote:

Included among catecholamines are epinephrine (adrenaline), norepinephrine (noradrenaline), and dopamine...various stimulant drugs (such as a number of substituted amphetamines) are catecholamine analogues.

Might be one of those 'Strange Addictions', but can also be tested, formally. :shrug:

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Some People Are Trying To Get High By Eating Raw, Rotten Meat [Re: durian_2008]
    #27294808 - 05/04/21 11:07 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Raw meat on 'Lord of the Rings'.

Hannibal Lecter likes liver.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck