Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNemo98
Stranger
Fruiting in all in one grow bag questions
    #27290896 - 05/02/21 06:59 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

My all in one grow bags are fully colonized and am wondering what is the best way to fruit them in the bag, I heard you cut the top off the bag, mist and close the top off, how often do I do this? Do I need to disinfect inside the spray bottle and should I use distilled water? I have waited over a week since they appeared to be fully colonized is this enough time for the insides to be colonized as well or have I waited to long to fruit them? What happens if you wait to long to start fruiting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCocaineBuffet
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fruiting in all in one grow bag questions [Re: Nemo98]
    #27290902 - 05/02/21 07:05 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Pics will help us immensely.

- water does not need to be sterile, just use tap water
- mist when the substrate dries out
- if the grain is fully colonized you can go start to fruit, I haven't grown an all in one bag but I would imagine you might need to mix the grains on the bottom with the substrate on top.
- do you have a fruiting chamber?

OfflineNemo98
Stranger
Re: Fruiting in all in one grow bag questions [Re: CocaineBuffet]
    #27290930 - 05/02/21 07:19 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Is it safe to posts pictures? Could you tell the species of the mushroom just by looking at the mycelium? I just want to make sure the pictures can’t be used against me in any legal way. I have a fruiting chamber but I heard you have a higher risk of contamination so I’m more leaning towards fruiting from the bag but I’m still unsure.

OfflineCocaineBuffet
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27290957 - 05/02/21 07:34 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Pictures is the best method for us to assist you with your grow. We will not be able to tell what kind of cubensis you are growing based off the mycelium, if you are growing gourmet mushrooms the gourmet section would be a more helpful pool of people.

Posting pics is safe (plenty of users can agree over 20+ years). Up to you though...

Having a fruiting chamber itself does not make you more prone to contams. Dirty spawn and dirty inoculant is what increases your chances of contamination.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
    #27291041 - 05/02/21 08:20 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nemo98 said:
Is it safe to posts pictures? Could you tell the species of the mushroom just by looking at the mycelium? I just want to make sure the pictures can’t be used against me in any legal way. I have a fruiting chamber but I heard you have a higher risk of contamination so I’m more leaning towards fruiting from the bag but I’m still unsure.

The site deletes all metadata from your pics, posting from shroomery is one of the safest ways to post pics online imo and im a paranoid motherfker when it comes to internet security.
Coming to you from Tor!

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

OfflineNemo98
Stranger
Re: Fruiting in all in one grow bag questions [Re: CocaineBuffet]
    #27294500 - 05/04/21 07:04 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Patch of uncolonized substrate?

One of bags seems to be pinning before being fully colonized

I’m not sure if I’m posting right, please let me know if there are any issues viewing the pictures.

Edited by Nemo98 (05/04/21 07:07 PM)

Offlinehazyhorse
scoobin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#27294520 - 05/04/21 07:14 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

your bags are 100% bacterial. that’s why you’re getting weird shit going on. i can’t see a clear pic of the tops of your bag, but that side pinning is indicative that the surface conditions are off

as far as fruiting goes, i would leave it alone. you can fruit bags & jars by just adding a layer of coir on the top, which is what i am assuming your grow bag has. you can open the top & mist it, but you’ll probably want to close it again or put it in a fruiting chamber so it doesn’t dry out too bad. subs will fruit when they are ready, no need to worry about that

--------------------
you're not the first to set foot here, just another
===================================
i love glass petris & you can too!!
posts i constantly refer back to
new to mushroom cultivation?? read this!!

🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

OfflineNemo98
Stranger
Re: Fruiting in all in one grow bag questions [Re: hazyhorse]
    #27294568 - 05/04/21 07:45 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

Between fruiting in the bag and using a a fruiting chamber what do you recommend for a beginner and what has a higher chance of success? If I fruit in the bag how often should I mist and let air out? Does it have to be coir substrate? I have bags with manure, brown rice flour and coir substrates.

Edited by Nemo98 (05/04/21 08:00 PM)

Offlinehazyhorse
scoobin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#27294611 - 05/04/21 08:14 PM (2 years, 10 months ago)

it doesn’t have to be coir, no. coir is just the easiest substrate to get decent results from. i’ve never heard of using brown rice flower as a sub; it’s usually reserved for use as a grain for spawning to substrates like manure & coir

it’s hard to say what has a higher chance of success, but i think the bigger thing is just keeping the surface properly moist. you just wanna keep beads of water on the surface, so whichever helps you maintain that balance best. a fruiting chamber would allow you more easy access to the sub, but just taping the bag up a bit would be pretty easy too. i don’t have experience with growing in bags so i can’t help you much there unfortunately. you’ll wanna mist when there aren’t tiny beads of water on the surface. if the mushrooms growing are showing signs of wanting more air exchange (fuzzy feet, where the bases of the mushrooms are especially fuzzy) you’ll wanna open the bag a little more to let them breathe more

it would probably help to open the tops of the bags & take pictures of the surface so we can see what’s going on there since you presumably want the fruits to form on the surface

--------------------
you're not the first to set foot here, just another
i love glass petris & you can too!!
posts i constantly refer back to
new to mushroom cultivation?? read this!!

🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

OfflineNooner
noon
Male User Gallery

#27294939 - 05/05/21 02:15 AM (2 years, 10 months ago)

I recommend just applying a casing layer, making it moist, and reclosing with an imperfect seal. The bags are bacterial for sure, and may have other contaminants you won't see until fruiting. The second pic in your previous post has a patch that wasn't colonized by the mycelium, so it's almost definitely colonized by bacteria, and will be exposed to fresh air once you cut the bag open which will be a game end.

There isn't a right way to proceed with this since it's tits up, but I believe you'll be able to get some amount of mushrooms from some of the bags by trying to fruit in the bag.

--------------------
Deus Videt

OfflineKarenLee
Stranger
    #27723362 - 04/06/22 02:50 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

I am waiting for entry license for them EYE DOCTOR NEAR ME I should have gotten license Good luck anyway.

InvisibleMTZ
In between
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern rockies
Re: Fruiting in all in one grow bag questions [Re: KarenLee]
    #27723387 - 04/06/22 03:03 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Hey. Go fuck yourself you scamming trash bag ❤

--------------------
Rehears your death every morning and night. Only when you constantly live as though already a corpse will you find freedom in the martial way, and fulfill your duties without fault throughout your life. ~ The Book Of Samurai
I live in the void. I can go to the in between anytime I desire. I visit the spirt world.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
Re: Fruiting in all in one grow bag questions [Re: MTZ]
    #27723577 - 04/06/22 06:02 PM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Feel like weve been getting tons of these lately

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale