Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineWoodzyStomp
Stranger

Can you skip the spawn jar ??
    #27294343 - 05/04/21 05:02 PM (3 years, 26 days ago)

I have quite a bit of LQ sitting in my fridge like over 2L

I got carried away and was making sure i had extra so i could chuck anything that needed to be chucked and ended up not needing to chuck anything :P 

So i was curious if there was a way you could skip the spawning to jars or what ever and you could just basically make up a monotub and spawn straight in there and then when ready fruit ?

I am a noob and get that this may be stupid because of contamination but still was curious enough i had to ask :3

Or anything useful that one could use an excess of LQ for ?

Thanks in advance champions <3

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSadTurkey
ayy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: Can you skip the spawn jar ?? [Re: WoodzyStomp]
    #27294359 - 05/04/21 05:09 PM (3 years, 26 days ago)

I'm assuming you're talking about liquid culture instead of liquid quartz or whatever.  No, you can't use liquid culture to go straight to a monotub, that would be a shitshow.

Your liquid culture must be in several containers, since you assumed you'd have to chuck a part of it but didn't. Just save the remaining containers to use later.

Also, contaminants are notoriously hard to spot in LC, so I'd stay away from it unless you're knocking up a bunch of agar. I'm not sure what made you so sure it shouldn't be chucked in the first place.

InvisibleBenson
The Kidd ⭐

Re: Can you skip the spawn jar ?? [Re: SadTurkey]
    #27294486 - 05/04/21 06:56 PM (3 years, 26 days ago)

Most substrates like coco coir/verm are nutrient-free so the mycelium would just die out looking for a food source. That's why we use grain.

Agreed, just save it for future use :thumbup:

--------------------
[||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag