Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegriffenstryker
Mycologist Beginner
Male User Gallery
Hello guys and gals, how are these looking to you?
    #27289543 - 05/01/21 09:34 PM (5 days, 11 hours ago)

Hello Fellow Mycologists! I used Evil666's BRF Jar tek. This was my first go around and didn't use a PC. It's also moving ungodly slow. These were inoculated on 4/6 and still haven't completely reached around the entire jars. I live in the north and my house does get cold at night (not below 60F), I was wondering if that could be the cause of some of the slowness.  All I had available were these diamond cut tall half pint jars, so it's a bit hard to tell what's in there. No bad smells coming from any of them. Any insight would be appreciated. If you'd like any other information, please let me know.  Thanks in advance!

I picked up some spores from another vendor in the meantime as well as a PC. I have some what I think is mycelium in the new batch at around 6 days which is a week quicker than my last batch.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleveggieM

Loc: Flag
Re: Hello guys and gals, how are these looking to you? [Re: griffenstryker]
    #27289590 - 05/01/21 10:18 PM (5 days, 11 hours ago)

Your jars are looking good to me. The mycelium is  progressing well and no visible signs of contamination.

Cool temps will slow the growth. Increasing the temp a few degrees should speed things up a bit. Have patience. Good job so far on your first grow!

Offlinegriffenstryker
Mycologist Beginner
Male User Gallery
Re: Hello guys and gals, how are these looking to you? [Re: veggie]
    #27290183 - 05/02/21 11:35 AM (4 days, 21 hours ago)

Thanks very much for the reply and support!

Invisiblefungusul
Fungus Kingdom
 User Gallery

#27290364 - 05/02/21 02:31 PM (4 days, 18 hours ago)

Welcome to Shroomery! :mushroom2:

They look good to me, so signs of contamination so far.

Taking out cakes from those jars is going to be challenging. It's recommended to use wide mouth jars for this reason.

The optimal temperature in the room should be between 21C-24C. Slower temperatures(<20C) are going to slow down colonization and thus increasing the risk of contamination. Higher temperatures(>27C) favors the growth of bacteria.

You might want to check Ziran's updated pf tek for the latest information Updated PF Tek Guide.

OfflineSeacat
Voyager

Re: Hello guys and gals, how are these looking to you? [Re: fungusul]
    #27291793 - 05/03/21 12:16 PM (3 days, 21 hours ago)

Time seems fine for that size type jar and how much its spreaded. Keep us posted! :thumbup: There's always some variance in them  though its only natural.

--------------------
You know, ......every once in a while, ...that terror comes back to me. ......I wonder...whether I really have escaped from that hell. ......What if...I actually lost my mind a long time ago......and I'm still in there, just seeing a delusion of us all chatting happily like this...? ...That nightmare still terrifies me... ...And so, I need to constantly feel...truly feel that this isn't a dream... ...Hey, ...are you guys...really...real...? ...You aren't just an insane delusion I'm having inside that hell, ...right...? Right? ...Right...?

Edited by Seacat (05/03/21 12:20 PM)

Offlinegriffenstryker
Mycologist Beginner
Male User Gallery
Re: Hello guys and gals, how are these looking to you? [Re: fungusul]
    #27291896 - 05/03/21 01:15 PM (3 days, 20 hours ago)

Hello and thank you for the reply! Yes I totally understand what you're saying in terms of jars- I know it's going to be a hassle trying to get them out. I actually used part of that link you sent me during my process but I appreciate your input. Thanks again!

Offlinegriffenstryker
Mycologist Beginner
Male User Gallery
Re: Hello guys and gals, how are these looking to you? [Re: Seacat]
    #27291897 - 05/03/21 01:17 PM (3 days, 20 hours ago)

Thank you! I was a bit worried about the time it's been taking for these things to fully colonize. I'm guessing when it's all said and done I'm going to be looking at around 6 to 7 weeks total before it hits the fruiting chamber. You're thinking this is okay though? Thanks again for the response!

OfflineSeacat
Voyager

#27292793 - 05/03/21 09:39 PM (3 days, 11 hours ago)

Np, started pints around the same time as you, and ours look similar. You'll be fine, 4 more weeks tops for full colonization.

--------------------
You know, ......every once in a while, ...that terror comes back to me. ......I wonder...whether I really have escaped from that hell. ......What if...I actually lost my mind a long time ago......and I'm still in there, just seeing a delusion of us all chatting happily like this...? ...That nightmare still terrifies me... ...And so, I need to constantly feel...truly feel that this isn't a dream... ...Hey, ...are you guys...really...real...? ...You aren't just an insane delusion I'm having inside that hell, ...right...? Right? ...Right...?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started