Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> DIY and Home Improvement

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleJokeshopbeardM
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Table edge protection/repair
    #27284553 - 04/28/21 03:30 AM (11 days, 6 hours ago)

So being as I work from home these days and spend silly amounts of hours at my desk, I've noticed the veneer (Ikea, of course) starting to lift where my arm rests for my mouse hand.

Any ideas to repair it would be greaty appreciated. My best so far is to use some foam protection that people use on hard edges to stop kids hitting them. Something like this:

However I figure it might get uncomfortable resting my arm on it for hours every day.

Any other bright ones? Shave it down and use a different material?

I've used black electrical tape to slow the damage before but it shifts after a few weeks and leaves a shitty/sticky residue so I don't think that's a good option.

All suggestions given get mega-kudos and points and gold stars and shit for going above and beyond the call of shroom-knowledge-sharing and the general community love and good vibes we spread around here.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRue

Re: Table edge protection/repair [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #27287285 - 04/30/21 01:01 AM (9 days, 8 hours ago)

If you have a decent amount lifting, you could use 3M Hi-Strength 90 Spray adhesive. You spray each side that needs to be adhered, let it sit open until you can touch it and not have the adhesive transfer to your finger, and roll it down to affix and force air bubbles out. It works quite well. It's not the correct way to adhere veneer, but it's how I'd fix a piece of Ikea furniture. I've used it extensively for specific purposes, and have had it hold up for over 10 years so far.

Edited by Rue (04/30/21 12:59 PM)

OfflineJarhead3521S
Grindin’
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the pines
Re: Table edge protection/repair [Re: Rue]
    #27292656 - 05/03/21 08:48 PM (5 days, 13 hours ago)

Gorilla glue was good for the hair.....could be good for the ikea!  Well it may get lumpy, scratch that.  Is it the top part or the skinny edge? If that’s the case, maybe pull it off then do a little sand-n-finish that could seal the particle board to keep it from breaking down

--------------------

LAGM21

InvisibleJokeshopbeardM
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: Table edge protection/repair [Re: Jarhead3521]
    #27296281 - 05/06/21 12:26 AM (3 days, 9 hours ago)

LOL, I meant to upload a pic of the damage in OP but completely forgot.

This is what I'm talking about:

I really appreciate the input thus far. Thanks guys.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

General Interest >> DIY and Home Improvement