Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Psychedelic Medicine, Research & Microdosing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelandonjacob
Stranger
Dosing with SSRI
    #27290987 - 05/02/21 09:54 PM (6 days, 11 hours ago)

I’ve been told by every source that you can’t combine ssris’s with shrooms because it will diminish the effects. I take Paxil, and I normally just skip a day of my Paxil before I dose. I started out microdosing but leaned more towards macrodosing. But as I’ve started dosing more frequently I’ve noticed that even when I take my Paxil and dose on the same day, I still feel the shrooms intensely. If I’m not noticing it weakening the effects of the shrooms, can I keep taking my Paxil? I want to be safe and not combine anything that’s not safe. I only take 20 mg. Should I stop my Paxil completely or can I benefit from both? I take 1-2 grams every 3-5 days or so. With more “therapeutic” doses about once a month. 

Any advice would be helpful and appreciated! 🙏🏼☺️

Edited by landonjacob (05/02/21 11:23 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OnlineSpaceDawg
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Dosing with SSRI [Re: landonjacob]
    #27291035 - 05/02/21 10:15 PM (6 days, 11 hours ago)

Honestly I highly doubt you are feeling the "full force" of the mushroom while on an SSRI. When I was younger I was on Paxil and would "Trip" on mushrooms. Later as an adult when I was no longer taking the medication I tried mushrooms again.....Completely different experience.

Have you taken mushrooms while completely off Paxil before? I'm not talking about a couple days I'm talking like a month or more of not being on an SSRI.

Also taking 1-2 grams every 3 days on top of heavier doses 1-2 times a week you are bound to experience tolerance issues or at the very least a diminished sense of "awe" the experience brings. Tread carefully my friend. If you truly need Paxil then its probably not a smart idea to constantly tapering off your dose. But I'm no Doctor.

If I may ask what is the reason you feel the need to take mushrooms so frequently? Or I guess what are you trying to achieve through this dosing regimen?

--------------------
"To utilize our intelligence fully, we need calmness. If we become unstable through anger, it's difficult for us to use our intelligence well. When we're overly influenced by negative thoughts, our intelligence becomes tarnished. Positive human developments all come from good mental states, such as compassion."-The Dalai Lama

Offlinelandonjacob
Stranger
Re: Dosing with SSRI [Re: SpaceDawg]
    #27291101 - 05/02/21 10:58 PM (6 days, 10 hours ago)

I was just skipping a days worth of medication. So it’s not really a hassle. I started out microdosing but leaned more towards low doses. You’re completely right though, I haven’t dosed completely off of my Paxil. I might notice more without Paxil in my system but I’m getting life changing trips from 2-3 grams as it is. Even when I take low doses and my Paxil on the same day, I can notice the effects of 1 gram. So the need to stop taking my Paxil, which helps with my anxiety, isn’t really there. I’m eating a small shroom leaning towards every 3-5 days now. It’s not really a lot for me or my system. I just want to make sure it’s safe to combine the two. I would be willing to completely taper of my Paxil to continue benefiting from the mushrooms. You think 1-2’grams once or twice a week is too much?

Offlinelandonjacob
Stranger
    #27291107 - 05/02/21 11:02 PM (6 days, 10 hours ago)

I should have explained myself better.. so I edited the first post..  i don’t take low doses and therapeutic doses in the same week. I go a week clean from dosing before trying to achieve that type of trip. It’s been probably three weeks since my last heavy dose. I’ve been diagnosed with PTSD, depression and anxiety and noticed I really benefit from psilocybin. And it’s something I want to incorporate more frequently into my life. But I don’t want to overdo it or burn myself out. I don’t have an exact regime. It’s something I take day by day. Right now I’m leaning towards ever five days closer than three. Because it’s something I have to prepare for an incorporate with meditation. Im hoping to see improvement with my overall mood, and confidence. I’m willing to learn, and appreciate the input!

Edited by landonjacob (05/02/21 11:39 PM)

OnlineSpaceDawg

#27291140 - 05/02/21 11:27 PM (6 days, 10 hours ago)

I mean if you are having life changing experiences and you feel that this is benefiting your life in a positive way that's all that matters right?

As to whether it is safe to take Paxil while taking mushrooms, I have not heard about anything that would seem to make it an unsafe combination. But again I'm no Doctor.

Tapering off Paxil is only a decision you can make for yourself.

My Mother, Father, and Sister all are on a SSRI and they are all adamant that they help them function and feel better in day to day life. Me on the other hand have found way more help through learning to work with my own mind then I ever did from any medication.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is do whatever you feel is right.

--------------------
"To utilize our intelligence fully, we need calmness. If we become unstable through anger, it's difficult for us to use our intelligence well. When we're overly influenced by negative thoughts, our intelligence becomes tarnished. Positive human developments all come from good mental states, such as compassion."-The Dalai Lama

Offlinelandonjacob
Stranger
    #27291158 - 05/02/21 11:41 PM (6 days, 9 hours ago)

Thanks for the input! I’ll take it day by day. I just want to make sure nobody’s heard any horror stories about people combining the two. 😂

OnlineSpaceDawg

#27291178 - 05/02/21 11:51 PM (6 days, 9 hours ago)

I haven't heard of any horror stories of mushrooms and ssri's. The thing you have to worry about with combining SSRI's and other drugs is serotonin syndrome but that's from mixing with drugs like cocaine or mdma.

--------------------

OnlineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands Flag
    #27291672 - 05/03/21 11:00 AM (5 days, 22 hours ago)

Almost anyone I heard comment on Paxil and Mushrooms said the Paxil distorted the trip.

--------------------
CDC  COVID  SELF-CHECKER  :syringe:  COVID  MAIN  THREAD  #2
Get 1 month's supplies in case of illness or calamity and help loved ones.
Strengthen your friendship ties - and exchange more favors and advice !

OMNICYCLIC YOU  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

Offlinelandonjacob
Stranger
Re: Dosing with SSRI [Re: Asante]
    #27292286 - 05/03/21 05:29 PM (5 days, 16 hours ago)

Quote:

SpaceDawg said:
I haven't heard of any horror stories of mushrooms and ssri's. The thing you have to worry about with combining SSRI's and other drugs is serotonin syndrome but that's from mixing with drugs like cocaine or mdma.

Same. Maybe its because I’m on a low dose.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Psychedelic Medicine, Research & Microdosing