Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Eating the fuzz on the shrooms...
    #2728767 - 05/25/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Sometimes, the new fresh shrooms start getting covered with the white fuzz after growing for a while. Don't know if it's mycelium or what, but it seems to stops growth. Usually doesn't happen until they are full grown, but sometimes to small guys.

Anyway - the question is about eating this stuff.

The night my hands swelled up I was eating a bunch of fresh shrooms, with that stuff all over them.

I notice when we pick them and set them out, that stuff "goes away".

Could I have had an allergic reaction to that "fuzz"? Are there molds and other things in our boxes besides the shrooms we should be aware of that may harm us?

Thanks, never heard anything on this before, and I'm curious.
(You guys ever get a tight-skin feeling on your hands, hands ever get funny?)

Cheers.

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Eating the fuzz on the shrooms... [Re: Grizzy]
    #2728786 - 05/25/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

just mycelium, it just gets matted down when dried still there, if you run yer finger across where it was it feel o so smooth :heart:

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Eating the fuzz on the shrooms... [Re: John]
    #2728789 - 05/25/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

oh yeah it's fine to eat btw :stoned:

Anonymous

#2728801 - 05/25/04 04:49 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

nothing to worry about, its just mycelium, when you pick it, it tends to get matted down so it doesnt look fuzzy anymore, that doesnt mean its not still on the stem. it also has psychoactives in it, it bruises blue still, so you want to eat it too.

as for the swelling or whatever...you were just trippin.

Anonymous

Re: Eating the fuzz on the shrooms... [Re: ]
    #2728807 - 05/25/04 04:51 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

lol, well my post was pretty much pointless i guess :smirk:

OfflineGrizzy

#2729226 - 05/25/04 06:51 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, so that fuzz aside - are there other fungi or mold that can grow in our chambers that we should be aware of and not eat?

After all, it's obvious that you wouldn't want to chow down on that green stuff that grows in spots when it's tainted. But if you did, maybe your body wouldn't like it and have an allergic reaction.
(I was not tripping, my sober wife woke up and saw it.)

So - what do you think - any molds or bacteria or other fungi possible to grow in there along with the shrooms?

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

OfflineFatVsAsia
missing thehappy days...

Loc: Bolinas, California
    #2729348 - 05/25/04 07:15 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i'd eat it for freee....

--------------------
Smoke The Weed

Anonymous

#2730345 - 05/25/04 10:40 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

no other shrooms are gonna grow from the cubensis mycelium network, and you will be able to see any contams. if your shrooms look healthy, then im sure they are. most of the time you can go by smell, if all u smell is a shroomy scent, then your straight dude, dont worry.

im tellin ya, your just trippin. your wife prolly thought they were more swollen because you were sweating. but hey i aint tryin to doubt your old lady, just saying...

dont be paranoid when shrooming, just let go to the experience, fuck your body, look within the soul and body wont even concern you anymore. Hell, if you eat enough you will float out of it.(temporarily of course, not die)

OfflineGrizzy

#2738683 - 05/27/04 08:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks. Dude, I failed to mention - I'm actually not a rookie. Been doing it for years. Just the first time I ever wore a ring and "noticed" it I guess. It's real, though. No doubt.

I know you think you're talking to a rookie kid or something, but if you knew me, you'd put a lot of credibility in me. I'm very accurate and quite smart. Very experienced and "know better", so to speak. Pretend you're hearing one of your best friends say it, someone who you know knows their shit with psyechedelics. Well, that's me - and I'm telling you - I do in fact swell. My hands swell when I shroom. It's true and I took pictures of it. Check the other post - http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

(FYI: After I took that picture, later that day my hand got even a bit more smaller. Back to full normal. I guess at the time I took the second picture there must have still been some in my system. Anyway - look at the pics)

Now that we're past that- here is the whole point, the big question: IF there was a funky mold or contam in the box that I ate - could swelling be a reaction to a mold or contam?

(As I said, I can't enjoy myself until I figure this out. I would not waste all this time on anything that could remotely be "in my head". Man, I'm a hardass, folks. Trust me, I don't put effort into stuff unless it REALLY is the deal.)

--------------------

OfflineIAmTheWalrus212
LIL WEEZY
Male User Gallery

Loc: ?
Re: Eating the fuzz on the shrooms... [Re: John]
    #3037149 - 08/22/04 06:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

John said:
just mycelium, it just gets matted down when dried still there, if you run yer finger across where it was it feel o so smooth :heart:

Ahem.  Sorry to ressurrect this thread, but the word I use to describe the feeling of mycelium is "nothing."  It feels so WEIRD, like numbness or something.  Just my thoughts.

--------------------

Offlinequeef
pothead
Re: Eating the fuzz on the shrooms... [Re: IAmTheWalrus212]
    #3037475 - 08/22/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

umm there are molds that can grow on the casings that can hurt you.. green, black and cobweb. There also a couple more. but you would be able to easily notice what it was, if it was white and puffy it was mycelium and it shouldn't hurt you. You were prolly just trippin maybe?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck