Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10  [ show all ]
InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread * 1
    #27290695 - 05/02/21 04:33 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

Okay I realized I almost got right back in the habit of making a new thread for every question I had so Im finally taking some advice I got a bit back a bit later but better than never. From now on all my questions will be posted here, I just ask that yall take a peek now and again to see what new questions I have posted.
Thank you to everyone whos helping me out

Heres my most recent questions:
Hey there folks,

This is the last bit of my ultra noob phase. MSS>BRF>COIR(Premade Sub)
They have a better pinset than my last tub but its still not great.

Does anyone know whats going on here? It looks like the veil is already starting to break but its still quite small. The stims kind of look torn up too. Is this from contamination or something I can adjust like FAE or humidity?

Hey there shroomery,

Soo I got an unexpected package today. 12 premade BRF jars x.x I have no idea when I ordered these or why but I have them now. They have dry layers of dry verm on the top. I DO have spore syringes, one that ive tested on 5 plates of agar and none of the 5 had any visible contamination so the syringe might be relatively clean but id still like to avoid using spores if possible.
Is there anyway for me to get agar in there?
I do have some LC that im testing right now but its from spores as well (I made it before I started playing with agar)
I would just throw some sections in them but the dry verm layer ontop stops me from doing that without putting my nasty fingers or something inside of it to move the verm over.
Anyone have any ideas on what I should do with these?
Am I better off using the LC syringe I made if it turns up clean on agar or just use spore syringes?
Thanks!

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/02/21 04:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: Ashtray161] * 1
    #27290710 - 05/02/21 04:47 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

I was also wondering if I absolutely need to transfer after getting clean myc from spores on agar?
Im waiting on some materials to DIY agar and in the meantime ive ran out of prebought plates but I have lots of (what seems like) clean myc germinated from a spore syringe on plates. Would it be detrimental to me to put that to grain or shld I absolutely do a transfer first?

--------------------
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #27290728 - 05/02/21 05:03 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

The pics you posted look fine.. they could maaaaybe be a little too wet and increase FAE a tad but they look healthy.  Sometimes fruits just end up shorter than you’re use to but the surface conditions look aight.

I’d use both the lc syringe and spore syringe and kind of hedge your bets (if the lc tests turn out alright).. and I mean use lc on some cakes and spores on the others.  pf cakes do well with slightly bacterial syringes.. I think it has to do with the immobility of bacteria and the amount of air gaps between the pelletized texture of the cake mix.

An agar wedge isn’t going to do you much help with pf cakes unless you have a sterilized blender attachment ppl use for making LI with plates.

I think if you want really good results going cakes to coir, you’ll need a decent amount of cakes to coir ratio.. or switch to whole grains to really get those larger flushes.

There’s a bit of risk going from germ plates to grain but ppl do it if the plate looks good.  I don’t do agar and I go spore to grain all the time :lol: but that’s only if I’m trying to do a cross or just getting some clone material.  It’s not something I’d continually do when I could use clone tissue instead.

Faht

Edited by fahtster (05/02/21 05:08 PM)

InvisibleStipe-n CapMDiscord
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #27290733 - 05/02/21 05:07 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

When you find a use for your plates transfer away from your germ plate at least once to insure that it's clean.
I would recommend ditching the spore syringe and use clean plates to make liquid inoculant (LI) for your cakes and other future projects.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: Stipe-n Cap] * 1
    #27290745 - 05/02/21 05:13 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

So what im getting here is my best choices are either A) Make an LI or B) Use spores and fruit as shoeboxes for cloning material? I have a ton of B+ and APE spore solution I could spritz in there. Infact I know the APE has bacteria in it, all 3 agar plates i put it on have bacteria but also healthy myc growth so mayb I should spray that in at least 6 of them?

--------------------

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #27290764 - 05/02/21 05:25 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

If you see bacteria on the plates, I’d definitely not try to take those to grain.. I was saying that ppl that use vendor syringes and germ them on plates have taken those to grain (but those all appeared to have clean growth; no bacteria).

If you know for sure something has bacteria in it, I’d clean that up with agar.  I was going under the assumption you were using vendor syringes that were showing clean growth on the plates... I should’ve asked.

How long until your supplies arrive?

Faht

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: fahtster] * 1
    #27290770 - 05/02/21 05:28 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

fahtster said:
If you see bacteria on the plates, I’d definitely not try to take those to grain.. I was saying that ppl that use vendor syringes and germ them on plates have taken those to grain (but those all appeared to have clean growth; no bacteria).

If you know for sure something has bacteria in it, I’d clean that up with agar.  I was going under the assumption you were using vendor syringes that were showing clean growth on the plates... I should’ve asked.

How long until your supplies arrive?

Faht

Well again this is for the 12 BRF jars that showed up on my doorstep lol.
If it was grain I would just pop agar in.

About a week

--------------------

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #27290782 - 05/02/21 05:36 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

Well.. I’ve only really used SW as a vendor and if they had bacteria in them, it was a small enough amount that I got at least a decent first flush but usually all spore syringes are going to be somewhat dirty but like I said, pf cakes are good for spore syringes so if you don’t to wait the week+ until you get your plates rocking, I inoculate them with whatever syringes are testing clean or you think are clean enough to get your flush for clone material... it’s gonna be a gamble but cakes are pretty resistant.  The apes, I’d probably wait until you get your supplies.. that’s just what I would do if I were in your shoes.

Depends on how lucky you feel, I suppose lol

Faht

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27290785 - 05/02/21 05:38 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

fahtster said:
Well.. I’ve only really used SW as a vendor and if they had bacteria in them, it was a small enough amount that I got at least a decent first flush but usually all spore syringes are going to be somewhat dirty but like I said, pf cakes are good for spore syringes so if you don’t to wait the week+ until you get your plates rocking, I inoculate them with whatever syringes are testing clean or you think are clean enough to get your flush for clone material... it’s gonna be a gamble but cakes are pretty resistant.  The apes, I’d probably wait until you get your supplies.. that’s just what I would do if I were in your shoes.

Depends on how lucky you feel, I suppose lol

Faht

Haha I do kind of want to just hold on to them but hopefully my supplier will be replacing them anyway.
Im going to think on it tonight and do something about it tomorrow. Im not sure what yet. I may just wait til my supplies are here.

Speaking of, do I want to refrigerate these plates once they get quarter size growth on them until im ready to use them?

--------------------

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #27290788 - 05/02/21 05:40 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

Good call to sleep on it.  I’ll let someone that does agar field that one :thumbup:

Faht

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27290789 - 05/02/21 05:40 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

The thing is I also have 3 premade grain jars left. I was wondering if i can knock them up with one of these plates I have from MSS or if I should absolutely wait until im able to transfer some?

I do have some plates with apparently clean growth w no contams visible. B+ specifically. Theyre just from MSS.

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/02/21 05:41 PM)

InvisibleRiverBum
Male

Loc: Down by the river!
    #27290803 - 05/02/21 05:55 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

Personally I would do at least one transfer before dropping to grain. With the remainder of your spore solution I would knock up the brf cakes and fruit those looking for a good cloning candidate. Save a little spore solution for agar work just in case :thumbup:

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: RiverBum] * 1
    #27290854 - 05/02/21 06:33 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

Is 2 days too quick to be seeing growth on agar from MSS?
Its only a few tiny wee little dots but these plates were squirted on the 29th of last month, so theyve only had like 2.5 full days of time to grow, are these little bits of growth likely contams or can I expect to start seeing tiny bits of growth this quickly?

--------------------

Invisiblewoofwoof
such mushrooms!
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#27290865 - 05/02/21 06:39 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

ive seen myc begin within 2 to 3 days after putting to agar. However, I haven't used spore syringes ina while and I use prints and swipe agar. I do not like the moisture or water from the syringe as it rolls around easy and contams the shit outta everything.

In the future, try to use spore print and sterile q tip or loop. Not saying don't use syringes, but IME they are just messy and more work in one way or another directly or indirectly

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: woofwoof] * 1
    #27290870 - 05/02/21 06:42 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

woofwoof said:
ive seen myc begin within 2 to 3 days after putting to agar. However, I haven't used spore syringes ina while and I use prints and swipe agar. I do not like the moisture or water from the syringe as it rolls around easy and contams the shit outta everything.

In the future, try to use spore print and sterile q tip or loop. Not saying don't use syringes, but IME they are just messy and more work in one way or another directly or indirectly

Oh is it bad if it rolls around? xD I totally like whisped it everywhere after putting it in there but I tried to put as little as possible, most of them i was able to get a single tiny drop in em.

I did try and do a print too. Someone off discord sent me a print of ... well... i think its a cube xD I really dont remember what it is so I just have it marked as "mystery print"
I guess we will find out in a few weeks lol

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/02/21 06:42 PM)

Invisiblewoofwoof
such mushrooms!

#27290872 - 05/02/21 06:43 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

well, if its dirty, which it probably will be, rolling the liquid around the whole plate you may contam it, I let it alone on middle of plate that way if any good areas of myc grow out, it has room to spread to something clean. If you roll the liquid around to cover the whole plate and its dirty, it may ruin good agar

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27290875 - 05/02/21 06:44 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

gotcha ill keep that in mind from now on

--------------------

Invisiblewoofwoof
such mushrooms!

#27290877 - 05/02/21 06:45 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

just my logic tho

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27290887 - 05/02/21 06:50 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

Should I be putting my plates I plan to transfer once all my supplies are here and I can make more plates in the fridge once they get like dime to quarter sized growth or how long should/can I let them sit out?

--------------------

OfflineCocaineBuffet
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27290898 - 05/02/21 07:01 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

Depends on your climate. Most people in the US/Canada just keep them on a shelf at room temp. I have had more slants go bad because it was too cold than a single plate go bacterial because the room was too warm.

Also pics of your agar will be much more beneficial than trying to describe it in words. I have had 4th - 8th transfers go bad/stall on grain so I would suggest taking the time to make sure it is clean.

Side note: saw your post the other day, I hope you are feeling better and it takes some nuts to own up to shit. Hope things are looking up.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: CocaineBuffet] * 1
    #27290903 - 05/02/21 07:06 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

CocaineBuffet said:
Depends on your climate. Most people in the US/Canada just keep them on a shelf at room temp. I have had more slants go bad because it was too cold than a single plate go bacterial because the room was too warm.

Also pics of your agar will be much more beneficial than trying to describe it in words. I have had 4th - 8th transfers go bad/stall on grain so I would suggest taking the time to make sure it is clean.

Side note: saw your post the other day, I hope you are feeling better and it takes some nuts to own up to shit. Hope things are looking up.

Ill go thru and get pics of them in the morning and give em a post. My camera sucks so I shld let everything grow out a little more to get it on cam.

Ill go throu and describe what Ive done w em all too, ive been trying different things on different plates to find what works for me. Every single time ive gotten in my SAB I feel a little bit more confident working in there. The first time i was literally shaking from nerves and it took me forever to do anything because I had to think it all throu as I was trying to do it lol.

Thank you, everyone has been incredibly understanding.

--------------------

OfflineCocaineBuffet
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27290910 - 05/02/21 07:11 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

I know when I first got into the hobby being nervous so the feeling is natural. Once you log some more hours in the study and actual work in the hobby your confidence will build.

When you share your plates/jars try to consolidate the pics and information neatly so we can easily address each question. I know personally when I see 10+ pics of agar I am just too overwhelmed to pic apart each part of the post.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: CocaineBuffet] * 1
    #27291010 - 05/02/21 08:02 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

Most of them look good so far. Im trying not to get excited too quickly again thou, I thought my last plates were clean at this point too and only 1/6 actually was so we will see.

--------------------

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
    #27291221 - 05/02/21 10:57 PM (3 years, 23 days ago)

where did the package come from with the pf cakes?  could be DEA?

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: the man] * 1
    #27291239 - 05/02/21 11:22 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

lmfao xD no i know where they came from I just forgot that I ordered em and it took forever for em to get here

if the DEA is kicking down shit they could be cool and send a flowhood xD

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27291333 - 05/03/21 01:42 AM (3 years, 22 days ago)

New question

Will throwing on a casing after harvesting the first pinset help me avoid tubs turning green after the first harvest or will this only hide the green from me for longer?

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27291661 - 05/03/21 08:50 AM (3 years, 22 days ago)

The only way to avoid contamination like that is to produce cleaner cultures/spawn. Casing after the fact won't do anything that will benefit your grow.

These things come with time, you'll get it eventually. The benefit of getting things wrong in the beginning is that you learn quite a bit about what not to do, it also gives you a keen eye for when things are going wrong.

Clean spawn is the name of the game, then conditions.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27291840 - 05/03/21 10:41 AM (3 years, 22 days ago)

right on thank you!

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27291841 - 05/03/21 10:41 AM (3 years, 22 days ago)

Da Burmas are da perrty
This is what ive woken up to this morning lol

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/03/21 10:41 AM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27291941 - 05/03/21 11:57 AM (3 years, 22 days ago)

Another question, if you had a limited amount of agar plates which one of these tubs of Burmas would you choose to clone? And which fruit/cluster would you pick? If you feel like it also let me know which spot youd clone from each tub.

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27292129 - 05/03/21 02:02 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

To Clarify:

I should pour water and float my shoebox for 6-8hours after the first harvest and then pour out the excess water correct?

Also:

Can I reuse plastic petri dishes? Do I just clean the agar out of them and run em throu the PC or something? Can they make it?

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/03/21 02:10 PM)

OfflineFungi Rogers
New Guy

#27292251 - 05/03/21 03:06 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

I’d probably go back to spores to try to get a different set of genetics and see if you could get a bigger cluster. If you don’t want to you could do the fastest grown or nicest looking one. Or the shoebox on the right the far back left cluster

Yeah float then you can just pour excess off.

Can’t reuse plastic Petri dishes. If you use like plastic pp5 containers you can or if you buy glass Petri dishes you can. But the plastic ones can’t be reused.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: Fungi Rogers] * 1
    #27292388 - 05/03/21 04:25 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

Yea i think ill go back to spore on these and just take a bunch of prints and use it as practice. Ive not made prints yet so itll be a good thing to do.

My PC just got here!! Now I can ditch all the prebought shit and DIY my shit.

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27292470 - 05/03/21 05:11 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

hey folks, these jars dont seem to of stalled but they are taking their sweet time finishing up the top here, theyve all been shaken back when they were 20% colonized or so, should I shake them again or just be patient?

--------------------

InvisibleLadysKnight
Hello Ladies
 User Gallery

#27292521 - 05/03/21 05:40 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

I would definitely shake again as all I smell is mold

--------------------
Don't follow leaders

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: LadysKnight] * 1
    #27292538 - 05/03/21 05:48 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

What do u mean?

--------------------

InvisibleLadysKnight
Hello Ladies
 User Gallery

#27292554 - 05/03/21 05:55 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

I suspect mold, shake and see

--------------------
Don't follow leaders

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: LadysKnight] * 1
    #27292561 - 05/03/21 05:58 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

so i have 9 jars in total, I shook 4 of them to see whats up

They all broke up relatively easy and I didnt spot any strange colors anywhere

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27292562 - 05/03/21 05:59 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

What should I be watching for?
How quickly should they recover if theyre healthy?

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27292581 - 05/03/21 06:09 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

18-24 hours you'll see recovery if healthy.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27292604 - 05/03/21 06:19 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

full recovery or just patches?

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27292631 - 05/03/21 06:32 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

Just fuzzy grains. When you shake it looks  kind of like you knocked all of the white off of the individual grains, and whatever mycelium that is visible looks flat. When it begins to recover the grains will look fuzzy.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27292773 - 05/03/21 07:33 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

Right on, thanks.
Shaking them this far into colonization wont hurt anything will it?

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27292822 - 05/03/21 07:47 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

Nope.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27292834 - 05/03/21 07:49 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

Awesome thank u!

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27293089 - 05/03/21 09:33 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

Can anyone tell me what I could of done wrong to cause only half of the tub on the right to fruit? It looks like I woulda gotten a short and sparse but cannopy-ish flush if it woulda fruited everywhere. Theres lots of pins on the other side, almost like its fruiting/pinning in a wave rather than all at once. Is this dirty spawn or non dialed in conditions (FAE or humidity ect)?

--------------------

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #27293096 - 05/03/21 09:37 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

Sometimes they just fruit where they want.. we’re these ms cakes to coir?  Ms is spotty.. get a clone and grain spawn and you’ll get those canopies

Faht

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27293103 - 05/03/21 09:41 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

fahtster said:
Sometimes they just fruit where they want.. we’re these ms cakes to coir?  Ms is spotty.. get a clone and grain spawn and you’ll get those canopies

Faht

Yea they were. MSS>(Shredded)BRF>Coir&Verm

Hell yea, im going to take a clone tomorrow when my blank plates arrive and I can make some agar. Itll give me a chance to use my new PC that got here today! >:D Ive gotta look up a good no pour tek, any suggestions u could kindly link me to?
Im taking some prints rn too, my first ever <3 lmao ive got the caps sitting on foil in my SAB rn
I really appreciate all the help! :smile:

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/03/21 09:41 PM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27293125 - 05/03/21 09:53 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

Hey curious can I make prints while theyre in the dehydrator? Or will that dry out the print and make it unviable?

--------------------

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #27293133 - 05/03/21 09:58 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

Josex no pour
Pasty plates

I’m sure there’s more.. just do a search for “no pour agar”

I would not print in the dehydrator.. you don’t want a bunch of air blowing on your prints

Faht

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27293141 - 05/03/21 10:05 PM (3 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

fahtster said:
Josex no pour
Pasty plates

I’m sure there’s more.. just do a search for “no pour agar”

I would not print in the dehydrator.. you don’t want a bunch of air blowing on your prints

Faht

Omg idk how I didnt think about that.

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27293938 - 05/04/21 12:40 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

hey there folks, question here (surprise surprise)
Do I need to dig out these mush trunks or can I leave them? I didnt know if it was worse to have that rotting or if its more damaging to dig them out.

Also check out my first Hualata harvest from this morning!!! :laugh:

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27293939 - 05/04/21 12:42 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

Stumps don't pose a problem, no need to fuck with them at all:thumbup:

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27293946 - 05/04/21 12:45 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

Sweet thank u :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27293953 - 05/04/21 12:50 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

Also should I just go ahead and toss this? I was trying to see if I could get one flush or even just a couple big bois that sometimes come out of bacteria tubs but I dont know if its going to pin at all at this point. It was spawned at the same time as the tubs I just harvested. It looks pretty gross, I think there might be fungus im not seeing based on how bacterial it is. Its making this gross brown liquid. Is it worth trying to get anything out of it at all or is this compost?

Its pretty gross :/

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27293960 - 05/04/21 12:53 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

Toss it outside, you might get some stragglers out of it.

Have you considered trying your hand at a mini mono instead of shoebox?

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27293963 - 05/04/21 12:55 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

p9hu7 said:
Toss it outside, you might get some stragglers out of it.

Have you considered trying your hand at a mini mono instead of shoebox?

I have thought about it, is it literally as easy as using a larger container?

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27293964 - 05/04/21 12:56 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

Ive also been kind of worried while im still getting a hang of not contaminating everything of putting a lot of eggs(spawn) in one basket

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27293966 - 05/04/21 12:57 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

Yes, its a good stepping stone to a full mono, which is what you'll want to do eventually anyways.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27293982 - 05/04/21 01:11 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

FoSo. I think im going to finish out the 9 jars of grain spawn that I prebought before getting my new PC with shoeboxes since ive had such high contam rates with this premade shit and move up to a mini with this next round. All DIY this time, no pre bought anything. My own spores to my own agar to my own LC to my own grain jars to my own pasteurized coir&verm.

Im so excited ive gotten all my basic equipment now.

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27293993 - 05/04/21 01:18 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

You'll find that things become much more reliable and repeatable when you produce your own spawn. I wasn't aware that you were using outsourced spawn.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27294030 - 05/04/21 01:40 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

See what had happened was, orignally I had this whole grandiose idea about reviewing a bunch of grow kits and yada yada long story short I wasted like a grand of unemployment backpay on stupid shit and ended up with a fuck ton and a half of premade jars, plates, bags, substrate, casing, the works.
It was deserving of putting it as an example of "newb" as a verb in the dictionary.
Anyway im finishing up with the last of it all now lol.

Ive gotten myself on the shroomery and narrow now thou lol.
Gotta PC, going strong w cloning and agar work, just made a couple more prints. Im jugging along now lol

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27294040 - 05/04/21 01:52 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

Well you're on the right track anyways.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27294077 - 05/04/21 02:12 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

How many hours should I float my shoebox? (its 1PM now, I poured the water in at 10am just after harvesting the first flush)

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27294115 - 05/04/21 02:33 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

Also are these 3 plates ready to be transferred? And if so, where would u transfer from? And if the transfer comes out clean can I use that to knock up some grain?

Golden Teacher MSS:

Mystery Cube Agar Transfer:

B+ MSS:

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27294146 - 05/04/21 02:50 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

p9hu7 said:
Well you're on the right track anyways.

thats what i said lol

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27294429 - 05/04/21 06:06 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17356799

Is this tek still up to date? Im having a hard time navigating throu all the hyper links but im looking for a nopour agar tek for plactic petri dishes. Making the agar from the powder, I do have a PC, first time.
Please help? Anyone have a more updated link/tek?

--------------------

InvisibleNimpo
Big Black

#27294452 - 05/04/21 06:24 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

Ashtray161 said:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17356799

Please help? Anyone have a more updated link/tek?

Try using the search function and search by date. Plenty of teks around.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: Nimpo] * 1
    #27294453 - 05/04/21 06:25 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27294729 - 05/04/21 09:40 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

if anyone out there wants to send me spores btw pls DM me, id love to grow anything youd send me. Id love to trade if I have anything youd want, all I have as far is some Hualata prints I took this week.

--------------------

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

Loc: United States Flag
    #27294816 - 05/04/21 11:14 PM (3 years, 21 days ago)

Bod's comprehensive agar tek is perfect.

Then after you get more comfortable with your sterile technique check this out by D3monic
D3's Agar and Xfer TEK

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: tiptrippy] * 1
    #27295611 - 05/05/21 02:30 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27295615 - 05/05/21 02:33 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/05/21 02:37 PM)

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27295620 - 05/05/21 02:36 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

The first one, but you don't need parafilm.  I've used cling wrap successfully for years.

Some people prefer it but I personally like that I can walk to any store to get what I need. Just personal preference.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27295623 - 05/05/21 02:39 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

p9hu7 said:
The first one, but you don't need parafilm.  I've used cling wrap successfully for years.

Some people prefer it but I personally like that I can walk to any store to get what I need. Just personal preference.

Yea, i should prolly just get the cling wrap. the micropore tape I picked up just doesnt stay on, i woke up this morning to all my plates tape just not being on anymore. i think ill go for cling wrap

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27295626 - 05/05/21 02:40 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

p9hu7 said:

do u prefer like actual cling wrap or press n seal, saran? im overthinking it arent i lol

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27295629 - 05/05/21 02:42 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

Mp tape isn't going to work for that application, as you have discovered.

When you get the cling wrap you just use a really sharp non serrated knife to cut a piece off the end of the roll that's slightly wider than your petri dishes.

You can use the remainder to wrap entire sleeves of plates after they cool for storage.

Don't use press and seal.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27295654 - 05/05/21 03:05 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

thank u :heart::mushroom2::syringe:

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27295683 - 05/05/21 03:20 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

Np.

I have a video in my signature that details how to wrap a stack of plates.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27296042 - 05/05/21 06:57 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

--------------------

InvisibleAtomsplit
 User Gallery

Loc: SAB
    #27296092 - 05/05/21 07:34 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

Hey ash! I would get plain agar agar. You're more flexible with recipes when you get each ingredient yourself imo.

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: Atomsplit] * 1
    #27296103 - 05/05/21 07:46 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18676888
im trying to find a recipe for agar and i dont understand that short hand in this thread
what is LME(a) or GLME??

None of this seems to tell me the actual amounts of ingredients to use to make the actual agar before PCing.

Im trying to gather all the materials I need for this tek
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21922023

--------------------

InvisibleAtomsplit
 User Gallery

#27296128 - 05/05/21 08:06 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

If you scroll down on that page there is a link to this recipe page:

Agar recipes

Im sticking to agar agar and light malt extract until I get things dialed in.

It's simple and you get less debris floating around your plate.

I recommend a media jar 500ml the same as Bod' recommends. The pouring lip helps in that sab.

Have fun!

:mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27296130 - 05/05/21 08:07 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

i know im on that link.
what is LME(a) or GLME??

--------------------

Invisiblewoofwoof
such mushrooms!

#27296209 - 05/05/21 09:03 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

LME - Light Malt Extract

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

#27296224 - 05/05/21 09:16 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

Ash, the link you asked about on the previous page is a 'premix' agar. LME stands for light malt extract.

It's recommended to stay away from the premix stuff because you don't really know how much nutrients are in it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L3TWR73/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_MNKDMZ5TKA8W06FXMZT7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
The link above is pure agar powder

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007XYGBXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_RY7WEJFGP9WGM0R6EQQT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
This is LME.

It's nice to have these so you can adjust the amount of nutes and agar separately from each other

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27296238 - 05/05/21 09:29 PM (3 years, 20 days ago)

awesome thank u!! :smile:

im not going to lie its so nice to live in an age where i can just click on links provided by knowledgeable people (yall fucking rock) and buy the needed raw ingredients to be delivered to my doorstep in 2 days. It must of been a journey to get all the materials 25 years ago

or godforbid like the 60s and 70s haha
the pioneers of this musta just been pure genius and really lucky to stumble upon this fungus.

and of course huge respect to the first nations and indigenous peoples who cared for the medicine for thousands of years before college kids growing in closets lol

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/05/21 09:34 PM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27297160 - 05/06/21 02:53 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

NEW QUESTION:
Should I be PCing my scalpel handle? Or is soaking it in ISO good? I always change the blade and use a sterile one (and then flame it) for each work session and if im doing a LOT of plates even half way throu my session and constantly rub the handle down with iso but is that enou or shld i be PCing it?

I also douse it with lysol once a week and let it air dry to kill as much mold spores on it as possible

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/06/21 03:00 PM)

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27297164 - 05/06/21 02:59 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

No need to pc. Just sanitize it with some iso before you start working, make sure to always flame sterilize the blade.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27297167 - 05/06/21 03:00 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

cool thank you

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27297176 - 05/06/21 03:05 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

Try not to grip the handle low near the blade like you would a pen or pencil, learn to operate the scalpel with your hand as far from the blade as possible to prevent hovering your hand over your work.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27297179 - 05/06/21 03:09 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

p9hu7 said:
Try not to grip the handle low near the blade like you would a pen or pencil, learn to operate the scalpel with your hand as far from the blade as possible to prevent hovering your hand over your work.

for sure, ive been trying to do this already. Ive been trying my hardest to be ultra aware of anything going over the plate
Even when theyre closed. Im treating it like trigger or barrel discipline. Even if I know its not loaded (open) im going to treat it like it is lmao.

Do they need to be stored in any kinda of ultra clean environment? Ive just been keeping them on my shelves with the colonizing jars..
I wipe them down with iso prep pads before working w them and they get sprayed w iso on their way into the SAB

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27297184 - 05/06/21 03:13 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

As long as they're wrapped or stored in a bag or something they should be fine.

I find it's a pita to bulk them together in a bag post inoculation though, it makes it difficult to view them individually or to work with them period. If it works for you though then it works.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27297202 - 05/06/21 03:21 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

wrapped as in like wrapped completely?
Because i only have most of them wrapped like around the lip

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27297203 - 05/06/21 03:21 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

Yes, wrapped around the edge.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27297204 - 05/06/21 03:21 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

like this, this is where theyve been stored

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27297219 - 05/06/21 03:30 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

Yup, other than having funny looking material to wrap with, that's the way to wrap.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27297246 - 05/06/21 03:55 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

lol cool thanks.
Ive got tons of clear wrap on the way! lol

--------------------

InvisibleAtomsplit
 User Gallery

#27297307 - 05/06/21 04:46 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

p9hu7 said:
Yup, other than having funny looking material to wrap with, that's the way to wrap.

Thosz PLATES are FULL RETARD! Thanks for sharing! :rockon:

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27297513 - 05/06/21 07:21 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

can someone please help me with this.
Ive read it 1000 times and I cant figure it out.
Can someone in plain language with no short hand tell me these 2 recipes to this please and what kind of yeast i need (im assuming not brewers yeast)
Its from this thread: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18676888
"1) Malt-extract: 10g LME(a) / GLME (b), 10g agar
Pictured here is GLMEA, it works great, pretty much the standard I judge media against."

"2) Potato dextrose yeast agar: 10g agar, 10g potato starch, 7g dextrose, 1g yeast
Another de facto standard for media. This is my favorite recipe at the moment."

I promise I tried to figure it out but i cant and im getting frusterated and I just wanna make some plates. Pls spell it out for me like im the idiot i am

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/06/21 07:23 PM)

InvisibleAtomsplit
 User Gallery

#27297549 - 05/06/21 07:38 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

Nutritional yeast.

Ummm the basic recipe I used was 10g agar 10g light malt extract 500ml water. 

I tried yeast but the one I got didn't dissolve well. Not a big deal tbh look at my noob thread for plate pics. The yeast I got was a pita.

Save your $ for two 500 ml media bottles. PC ING one sleeve is ok for me but I rather pour 2 sleeves in the future. Pc run for 2 jars and anything else like tools ftw. :rockon:

Hope that halped.

Edited by Atomsplit (05/06/21 08:33 PM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27297563 - 05/06/21 07:41 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Atomsplit said:
Nutritional yeast.

Ummm the basic recipe I used was 10g agar 10g light malt extract 500ml water. 

I tried yeast but the one I got didn't dissolve well. Not a big deal tbh look at my noob thread for plate pics. The yeast I got was a pita.

Save your $ for 2 500 ml media bottles :rockon:

Hope that halped.

It did thank you.
Cool so ive got the needed stuff then.
Do I need 2 of them? I only bought one.
You do a pour tek right?

--------------------

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

#27297567 - 05/06/21 07:42 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

:whathesaid:

LME will work just fine for anything you need it for.

Nutritional yeast adds nutrients and the myc loves it but it has the potential to go wrong. It makes the agar more cloudy with sediment. Adds more time consuming steps to your hobby.

Just use the 500ml water
10g agar
LME.

You can adjust the amount of LME if you want to experiment with higher and lower nute amounts

InvisibleAtomsplit
 User Gallery

#27297575 - 05/06/21 07:47 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

Yes. 1 bottle is fine but since I'm a newb it took a couple of tries to get the "recipe" down for 20 plates. Not as easy as I thought it would be.

I think my first pour I undershot it by 4-6 plates. So it's probably wise to not follow Bod's 400ml water in his tek to the T.

I may have measured 450ml to hit 20 plates 100mm x 15mm

A lot of tek writers are really good at what they do so we have to take that into consideration.

Hey tiptrippy hope you are gewd! :smile:

--------------------

Edited by Atomsplit (05/06/21 07:52 PM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: Atomsplit] * 2
    #27297585 - 05/06/21 07:52 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

righteous thanks everyone!

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27297647 - 05/06/21 08:26 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

Just to clarify.

500ml of water
10gs of agar
roughly 10gs of LME

Put into media bottle

Follow BODs Comprehensive Agar Tek

Get clean sample to grain

Grow mushrooms

Am I missing anything here?

--------------------

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #27297662 - 05/06/21 08:33 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

have fun?

InvisibleAtomsplit
 User Gallery

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: mushboy] * 1
    #27297763 - 05/06/21 09:28 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
have fun?

Mushboy just nailed it. :nyan:  :cookiemonster:  :elmo:  :goat:  :dancer: 42

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: mushboy] * 1
    #27297775 - 05/06/21 09:40 PM (3 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
have fun?

hahaha thats a given :wink:

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27298403 - 05/07/21 09:33 AM (3 years, 18 days ago)

Nvm, lol. I hadn't noticed all of the responses, lol

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27307584 - 05/13/21 10:21 PM (3 years, 12 days ago)

If I dont have clear lids (I only have non see thru grey ones atm) for my shoeboxes am I better off leaving the lid off during fruiting in the martha of to just let light in from the side and keep them on?
I feel like its been hard to keep them from getting dry in the martha

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27307728 - 05/14/21 01:56 AM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Also (and this is important) I just noticed that while I was tripping balls last night I left my bedroom window open all day and into tonight, and a few fruit flies/gnats made their way into my room along w some misquotes. My grow is still in a martha/mini greenhouse tent and I havent seen any IN the grow itself or in my shoeboxes (at least not yet, bastards deff coulda sneaked in throu the bottom and I just havent seen them yet) but they were flying all around the martha (mostly towards the lights thou) How fucked am I from a couple of the bastards getting in? Are they gonna for sure be a problem now? I killed as many as I could but im sure a couple have gotten away from me and are in the room somewhere. Will the martha mostly stop them or do i need to do something to prevent a problem arising here?

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/14/21 01:57 AM)

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
    #27307730 - 05/14/21 01:57 AM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Don't stress, they're not always an issue.
I always have one or 2 buzzing around but it never gets out of hand.

Regarding lids, the light will be fine around the sides.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: DERRAYLD] * 1
    #27307732 - 05/14/21 01:58 AM (3 years, 11 days ago)

right on, thanks

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308451 - 05/14/21 01:56 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Would you all bother with these if you didnt have a whole lot more spawn going atm? It doesnt look ideal but is it still worth birthing into a shoebox? All 4 pics are of a different jar, all from MSS, all shaken on the 3rd of this month. Knocked up on the 16th of last.

Any green u see is just my shitty cam theres no difference in color on any of the jars, no grey or green or anything.

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/14/21 01:56 PM)

InvisibleWyoMX
Loc: PNW
    #27308464 - 05/14/21 02:04 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

The last one still has uncolonized grains on top so I'd stay away from that one but the others I'd say fuck it and spawn if I didn't have much going on. It's only a few dollars worth of coir/ver and you've already got the tubs so might as well. I've spawned fairly bacterial ( looked way worse then those)  jars and gotten at least 1 flush outta them.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: WyoMX] * 1
    #27308468 - 05/14/21 02:07 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

WyoMX said:
The last one still has uncolonized grains on top so I'd stay away from that one but the others I'd say fuck it and spawn if I didn't have much going on. It's only a few dollars worth of coir/ver and you've already got the tubs so might as well. I've spawned fairly bacterial ( looked way worse then those)  jars and gotten at least 1 flush outta them.

A few of the jars seem to be doing this, ive shaken the tops a couple times but they dont seem to want to finish off the top.
Would it be okay for me to dump the uncolonized stuff ontop and use the myc under it as spawn?
Again I know its not ideal but if I can get at least 1 flush from them itll be worth it for me. I just dont want to cause any issues or make myself or anyone else sick with bad spawn.

--------------------

InvisibleWyoMX
    #27308477 - 05/14/21 02:12 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

I've never done it with that many uncolonized grains but I've been successful in taking out just a few that were to too stubborn. You certainly can try I'd scrape the top layer off and maybe like half an inch into where there's myc just to ease my mind a bit but like you know definitely won't be a 100% success rate. Could end up totally fine though so feel free to try it.

InvisibleWyoMX
    #27308479 - 05/14/21 02:13 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

And to add when I was getting the top that wouldn't colonize my filters were letting to much air in and drying out the top. If your using micropore tape maybe try adding another layer.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308483 - 05/14/21 02:16 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

WyoMX said:
And to add when I was getting the top that wouldn't colonize my filters were letting to much air in and drying out the top. If your using micropore tape maybe try adding another layer.

Ohhhh I didnt even think about this! Makes a lot of sense actually I think that may be exactly whats happening.
Thank u so much! I appreciate your help.
If anyone wants to chime in before I spawn these to give a different opinion (like I should toss them) or to second what WyoMX has said would be appreciated.

Heres a few more pics of the same 4 jars:

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/14/21 02:18 PM)

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

#27308484 - 05/14/21 02:16 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Might as well just send them. Worst thing that can happen is they tam out before the first flush and you waste some coir/verm

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308491 - 05/14/21 02:20 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

tiptrippy said:
Might as well just send them. Worst thing that can happen is they tam out before the first flush and you waste some coir/verm

Right on, thats what I was thinking too. My unwanted spore load is already so high in my work space I have to be extra careful no matter what so a few more couldnt hurt, right? lol

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308494 - 05/14/21 02:21 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

tiptrippy said:

Should I go ahead and spawn em today you think or give them another day or two to consolidate?

--------------------

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

#27308497 - 05/14/21 02:25 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Looks like they are still recovering from a shake. I would wait another 24 hours. Dump out any uncolonized grains on top

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308530 - 05/14/21 02:44 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

tiptrippy said:
Looks like they are still recovering from a shake. I would wait another 24 hours. Dump out any uncolonized grains on top

Will do, thank you.
They were shook 3 days ago I wanna say. Between 2 and 4 days ago lol.
Ill spawn them into shoeboxes tomorrow around this time. Hopefully I can at least get fruits that are good for cloning.

--------------------

Offlinehazyhorse
scoobin

#27308687 - 05/14/21 04:36 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

i’ve seen that the tops of grain bags sometimes don’t look colonized. dunno if anything similar is going on there but yeah they could totally be drying out a bit. the jars are waaaay too full though. most people only do a 2/3rds full for myco quarts, so they can be shaken & colonize properly. what kind of filters are you using for your lids?

as for the grain itself, it’s looking alright but that second pic is making me think they might be bacterial. i’d still spawn em though if you have nothing better going on. i think i linked you to my journal with all my bacterial spawn grows before. i still think an ounce of mushrooms from bacterial spawn is better than no mushrooms at all when it’s gonna take another few weeks to a month to get fully clean spawn. maybe wouldn’t be worth if you had 20 other quart jars that were clean, but in this case i’d spawn

--------------------
you're not the first to set foot here, just another
===================================
i love glass petris & you can too!!
posts i constantly refer back to
new to mushroom cultivation?? read this!!

🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: hazyhorse] * 1
    #27308692 - 05/14/21 04:41 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

I recommend spawning just about everything when you're learning what clean spawn looks like, that way you can develope an eye for what performs well...with the exception that its 100% totally fucked, then just top fruit.

Spawn it. You might have a touch of bacteria but its not bad, definitely usable.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308712 - 05/14/21 04:57 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

hazyhorse said:
i’ve seen that the tops of grain bags sometimes don’t look colonized. dunno if anything similar is going on there but yeah they could totally be drying out a bit. the jars are waaaay too full though. most people only do a 2/3rds full for myco quarts, so they can be shaken & colonize properly. what kind of filters are you using for your lids?

as for the grain itself, it’s looking alright but that second pic is making me think they might be bacterial. i’d still spawn em though if you have nothing better going on. i think i linked you to my journal with all my bacterial spawn grows before. i still think an ounce of mushrooms from bacterial spawn is better than no mushrooms at all when it’s gonna take another few weeks to a month to get fully clean spawn. maybe wouldn’t be worth if you had 20 other quart jars that were clean, but in this case i’d spawn

These are the last of the preboughts from a big kit from midwest.
That was my thought too! Especially since I have so much agar to play w right now I can clone the ever living shit out of the fruits I get to get better results next round. The bacteria might even produce some cool genetic fuck ups from what I understand?

Im gonna be knocking up some of my OWN DIY jars finally next week once I have some clean agar samples. Theyre also sending me another 24 BRF jars and some replacement grain jars (like the ones pictured) to replace some that were damaged in transit/contamed on arrival so I am going to have more premades around. I think I might re PC the BRF jars and use them to make clones.

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308715 - 05/14/21 05:00 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

p9hu7 said:
I recommend spawning just about everything when you're learning what clean spawn looks like, that way you can develope an eye for what performs well...with the exception that its 100% totally fucked, then just top fruit.

Spawn it. You might have a touch of bacteria but its not bad, definitely usable.

Right on thank u for the response! Im really happy everyone didnt just say toss it lol. A couple of these jars are APES, 2 of them are Redspores and 2 of them costa ricas and I really wanna see what all 3 of these look like.

Btw whats up with top fruiting? I keep hearing people mention this but cant find much info on when/how to do it. Are jars that are completely fucked by bacteria/mold viable for top fruiting?
Is this just usually not done because its not worth it to someone who has 15 monos going?

All 9 of the jars were from MSS and if all I got was slightly bacterial spawn from prebought jars knocked up with MSS id call that a lucky win imo lol

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/14/21 05:01 PM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308720 - 05/14/21 05:03 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Btw I know I cant mention spore vendors cuz we dont want to get them in trouble but if I wanted to make a thread about a substrate vendor can I name them and stuff? The company actually resent like $150 worth of materials because they fucked them up and a couple that may of even been my fault (but they still replaced them) and Id love to give them credit where credit is due.

--------------------

Offlinehazyhorse
scoobin

#27308825 - 05/14/21 06:18 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

yeah you might get some weirdos from your subs. my bacterial subs def get weird sometimes lol. like p9 said, it’s super worth to spawn just to learn what clean spawn is & isn’t. & you’ll pretty much always get some fruits out of mildly bacterial spawn, which you can clone, take prints from, & eat!! so definitely worth it imo. i think you did well enough for doing MSS to grain jars lmfao (unless you put MSS to agar to grains but even still, good job!)

top fruiting is just putting a substrate layer over the tops of the grain while still in the jar. for example, i’ll take a handful of coir & tamp it down a bit over the top of a more bacterial jar. the myc colonizes the top layer of coir & then you get mushrooms off it eventually. i would only top fruit bacterial jars personally, & probably throw away any that had obvious trich. but maybe someone does it idk. i’d imagine you’d just grow mold

(i’ll edit w a pic of a top fruiting jar i have in a sec):

i think it’s generally not done bc of what you said, who gives a fuck about top fruiting when you’re running 15 monos. 6g means a lot lore to someone only growing a few shoeboxes or whatever. but for people who would rather just use the jar again sooner i don’t think it’s worth it. it does start to limit your usable jars if you’re top fruiting a lot of them

i think you can use the sponsors forum if they are a site sponsor? someone who has more site knowledge can probably help you there. i just know it’s generally frowned upon to mention vendors in the mushcult forum for spore suppliers bc obviously... they are for microscopy...

--------------------

Edited by hazyhorse (05/14/21 06:26 PM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308856 - 05/14/21 06:52 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Are these knots and invitro pins or mold spores? :/ (the pics are way less blurry if you make them bigger)

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/14/21 06:56 PM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308865 - 05/14/21 06:55 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

hazyhorse said:
yeah you might get some weirdos from your subs. my bacterial subs def get weird sometimes lol. like p9 said, it’s super worth to spawn just to learn what clean spawn is & isn’t. & you’ll pretty much always get some fruits out of mildly bacterial spawn, which you can clone, take prints from, & eat!! so definitely worth it imo. i think you did well enough for doing MSS to grain jars lmfao (unless you put MSS to agar to grains but even still, good job!)

top fruiting is just putting a substrate layer over the tops of the grain while still in the jar. for example, i’ll take a handful of coir & tamp it down a bit over the top of a more bacterial jar. the myc colonizes the top layer of coir & then you get mushrooms off it eventually. i would only top fruit bacterial jars personally, & probably throw away any that had obvious trich. but maybe someone does it idk. i’d imagine you’d just grow mold

(i’ll edit w a pic of a top fruiting jar i have in a sec):

i think it’s generally not done bc of what you said, who gives a fuck about top fruiting when you’re running 15 monos. 6g means a lot lore to someone only growing a few shoeboxes or whatever. but for people who would rather just use the jar again sooner i don’t think it’s worth it. it does start to limit your usable jars if you’re top fruiting a lot of them

i think you can use the sponsors forum if they are a site sponsor? someone who has more site knowledge can probably help you there. i just know it’s generally frowned upon to mention vendors in the mushcult forum for spore suppliers bc obviously... they are for microscopy...

Thank u for the info!!

They werent to agar, just MSS stra8 to grain lol. This was a month ago, ive grown ages sense then. Im practically a pro now. (im being sarcastic of course lmao. All I know is that i dont know nothin)

Right on, I might try out top fruiting one of them just to try it. Im trying to get as much as I can out of these first few grows.

For sure, I knew that about spore vendors becuz again, only for microscopy. I didnt know if that pertained to substrate vendors as well.

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308884 - 05/14/21 07:06 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

Also sorry another question, wtf is going on here? Is this not mushroom myc? It looks exactly like it, infact some of the nicer samples I have look a lot like this but its like eating the color out of my plate? Is this normal?

(This and the knot vs mold question are still open, thank u for all ur help folx!)

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/14/21 07:07 PM)

Offlinehazyhorse
scoobin

#27308999 - 05/14/21 08:39 PM (3 years, 11 days ago)

i think those are just knots. happens on my jars sometimes if they’ve sat too long. maybe could be a response to bacteria as well?

for spores straight to grain i think you did pretty good hahaha i’ve seen things go much worse. i think knowing you don’t know shit is a good place to be at, that’s where i’m at too. it keeps you away from dogma & always learning

my agar plates do that as the myc colonizes it, it’s totally normal to have the agar change color

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27309171 - 05/15/21 12:08 AM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Right on, thank u!

Another question. Its getting a lot warmer where I live now and Im having a hard time keeping temps under 82F even at night, I dont have A/C or centeral cooling in the house so thats not an option, any ideas on how to cool down my space?

--------------------

InvisibleAtomsplit
 User Gallery

#27309178 - 05/15/21 12:22 AM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Would a fan help?

--------------------

InvisibleMycelium Juice
Here for the weed
 User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
    #27309188 - 05/15/21 12:39 AM (3 years, 10 days ago)

One of those window dual exhaust fans should help push the hot air trapped in your place out, which will then be replaced by fresher air from another window in your place. 

That's the best option I can think of besides for a window ac unit, and one that I use myself.

Would work best if your grow room has windows....

Offlinehazyhorse
scoobin

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: Mycelium Juice] * 1
    #27309201 - 05/15/21 12:59 AM (3 years, 10 days ago)

yeah, try to get a draft going or use fans i’d say. or window AC unit if it has a window. how hot is it getting at the peak temperatures? if it’s staying under like 85 you’re probs fine for now until it gets hotter

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27309212 - 05/15/21 01:20 AM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Atomsplit said:
Would a fan help?

Ive got a couple box fans going but its only doing so much.

Quote:

hazyhorse said:
yeah, try to get a draft going or use fans i’d say. or window AC unit if it has a window. how hot is it getting at the peak temperatures? if it’s staying under like 85 you’re probs fine for now until it gets hotter

I thought about a window unit I just dont wanna invest any more money into this living situation. Im kinda looking for a new place to rent.

Its not getting quite that warm. Worst its gotten so far is like 83, 84. I dont wanna open my window to let the air move around cuz gnats make their way in quick.
Im just thinking for the rest of the summer im prolly gonna have to cool it down a couple degrees in here. Hmm... What about adding like ice packs to the 2nd to last bottom shelf of my martha and putting the computer fan under them?

--------------------

InvisibleAtomsplit
 User Gallery

#27309221 - 05/15/21 01:32 AM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Randomly found this portable ac on amzn for under $50

Nuaer Portable Air Conditioner, Air Cooler with 600ML Water Tank, Desktop Air Conditioning Fan with 7 Colors Lights & LED Display, 2/4Timer, 3 Speeds, Suitable for Bedroom, Office and Home.

Don't know if that works for you.
I really wanna see you grow some canopies.

:rockon:

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27309223 - 05/15/21 01:34 AM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Atomsplit said:
Randomly found this portable ac on amzn for under $50

Nuaer Portable Air Conditioner, Air Cooler with 600ML Water Tank, Desktop Air Conditioning Fan with 7 Colors Lights & LED Display, 2/4Timer, 3 Speeds, Suitable for Bedroom, Office and Home.

Don't know if that works for you.
I really wanna see you grow some canopies.

:rockon:

Thanks mate. Im getting close, I know I am. I have a lot of hope for this next round im about to knock up with agar.

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27310017 - 05/15/21 04:05 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Quick question: How long from MSS do agar plates tend to take to pin? Im trying to confirm that what im looking at is healthy mush myc and my oldest plates are from 4/29. None have pinned yet but I think thats prolly normal? How long should I expect them to take to fully colonize the plates and pin if theyre healthy?

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27310143 - 05/15/21 05:39 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Another quick (but kind of time sensitive) question.
Im PCing some agar mix rn to pour into petris but I was wondering do I have to do anything to sanatize the petris? I havent taken them out of their sleeve and I figure that I should do so in my SAB when Im almost ready to pour but wont they be likely to have contams or does the hot agar kill most of that? or just the fact of pouring in the SAB? Do I need to spray the outside or inside of the plates w iso and let it evap first?

--------------------

InvisibleAtomsplit
 User Gallery

#27310165 - 05/15/21 05:58 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Ashtray161 said:
Im PCing some agar mix rn to pour into petris but I was wondering do I have to do anything to sanatize the petris?

No. just unsleeve them in your sab. They are already sanitized sterilized

--------------------

Edited by Atomsplit (05/15/21 10:46 PM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27310170 - 05/15/21 06:04 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Atomsplit said:
Quote:

Ashtray161 said:
Im PCing some agar mix rn to pour into petris but I was wondering do I have to do anything to sanatize the petris?

No unsleeve in sab. They are already sanitized

awesome thank u.
This is my first time ever using a PC. Its a big ol pot lol

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27310181 - 05/15/21 06:11 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Im feeling like a proper armature mycologist today lol. Making some plates right now so I can do some 4th transfers from the prebought dishes and then making some grain jars to toss that shit in :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleAtomsplit
 User Gallery

#27310208 - 05/15/21 06:30 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Have fun! Looking forward to seeing you canopies my friend! :sporedrop:

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27310211 - 05/15/21 06:30 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

is it okay that my PC is kind of shaking? o.0

I put a good decent amount of water in it, up to the neck of where the agar was in the bottle cuz thats what BODs tek said to do lol

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/15/21 06:32 PM)

Invisiblepsh
Stranger
    #27310230 - 05/15/21 06:51 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Do you have a 23 quart presto? You're only supposed to use 12 cups of water I believe.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: psh] * 1
    #27310377 - 05/15/21 08:44 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

alright folks, ive done it. (i hope)
Ive made 500ml of sterilized agar solution. I just pulled it from the PC about 15 mins ago and its still pretty hot to touch. I just got to a step I didnt think fully through thou and I dont have any way to measure the temp. How long roughly should I wait or how hot should it be to touch when I start pouring?

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27310403 - 05/15/21 09:06 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Sorry i dont mean to bump my own thread but I dont want it to get too cold... Its still *just* too hot to handle comfortably. Im assuming that means its around 135-150? At 120 or so it should be easy to hold without it burning?

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27310406 - 05/15/21 09:07 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

You don't need to measure the temp with anything other than your hands. If you can pour it without melting your fingers it's gtg.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27310410 - 05/15/21 09:09 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

p9hu7 said:
You don't need to measure the temp with anything other than your hands. If you can pour it without melting your fingers it's gtg.

Right on, BODs tek talks about condensation being a problem if u pour too hot so I just wanted to be sure i wasnt gonna ruin em or if theres a rule of thumb (which u just shared lmao) to know the sweet spot

--------------------

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27310446 - 05/15/21 09:45 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Keep in mind that if you get lots of condensation you can just leave your plates unwrapped and stacked in the SAB overnight. This should help with condensation if you get too much.

The thermal mass of the stack will help evaporate the condensation, except for maybe the top plate of the stack.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27310479 - 05/15/21 10:09 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

p9hu7 said:
Keep in mind that if you get lots of condensation you can just leave your plates unwrapped and stacked in the SAB overnight. This should help with condensation if you get too much.

The thermal mass of the stack will help evaporate the condensation, except for maybe the top plate of the stack.

Yeah i learned 2 important lessons. Dont overfill, and be patient. They all fogged up xD I have em stacked and unwrapped in the SAB hopefully theyll be ok tomorrow lol

--------------------

InvisibleAtomsplit
 User Gallery

#27310499 - 05/15/21 10:25 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

I've poured petri where there was quite a bit of condensation. It was enough to roll down from the lid onto the surface of the agar.

About a month later & even wrapped- condensation and water on agar are both gone

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27310504 - 05/15/21 10:28 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Atomsplit said:
I've poured petri where there was quite a bit of condensation. It was enough to roll down from the lid onto the surface of the agar.

About a month later & even wrapped- condensation and water on agar are both gone

Is the condensation a possible contam vector? Or just a pain for being able to see the culture?

--------------------

InvisibleAtomsplit
 User Gallery

#27310508 - 05/15/21 10:39 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Its your first pour in a sab.
They most likely wont come out as perfect as you would hope.

I think you will be ok. Just remember to wrap the plates carefully INSIDE your sab when and if you decide to wrap them.

Im a newb. I hope my contamination rates will get lower with the more practice and time I put in.

--------------------

Edited by Atomsplit (05/15/21 10:50 PM)

OfflineNickShade
Macronutrient
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #27310533 - 05/15/21 11:09 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Ashtray161 said:

I put a good decent amount of water in it, up to the neck of where the agar was in the bottle cuz thats what BODs tek said to do lol

If youre using 500ml media bottles and filling the cooker up to the neck, that sounds like a lot of water mate. 3L will suffice, which is both the manufacturer and Bod's recommendation

--------------------
bodhisatta said:
figure it out listen to the cake

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: NickShade] * 1
    #27310535 - 05/15/21 11:11 PM (3 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

NickShade said:
Quote:

Ashtray161 said:

If youre using 500ml media bottles and filling the cooker up to the neck, that sounds like a lot of water mate. 3L will suffice, which is both the manufacturer and Bod's recommendation

"I like to make the water in the PC come up to the level of the agar in the bottle. this will make it take longer to hit pressure and cool down but will cut down on boil over." -BODs Comprehensive Agar Tek

U sure about that?

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27310564 - 05/15/21 11:55 PM (3 years, 9 days ago)

Should I just go ahead and throw these dudes in shoeboxes? I shook the tops like 4 or 5 days ago (shook the whole jars on the 3rd) and im pretty sure the tops are dried out/the bacteria isnt letting em colonize. If u were me and only had a couple things going rn (and could do with getting at least a couple fruits to clone to keep phenos going w/o having to buy more spores) would u top fruit or put em in a shoebox?
Should i just shoebox em/top fruit conditions tonight or give em another 24?
Any answers are appreciated.
Im pretty sure theyre bacteria but can yall confirm theyre likely mushroom myc and not big ol jars of mold? Do they look ok enou to spawn?

--------------------

InvisibleGoatrider
Rhythm Guitarist
Male

Loc: Germany Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #27312309 - 05/17/21 09:08 AM (3 years, 8 days ago)

Give them a final shake and send them after recovery.

Quote:

Ashtray161 said:

"I like to make the water in the PC come up to the level of the agar in the bottle. this will make it take longer to hit pressure and cool down but will cut down on boil over." -BODs Comprehensive Agar Tek

U sure about that?

I just use what the manual says :rockon:
After the cycle, i turn the stove slowly down, not just switching off.
Never had boiling overs.
If i`d give water to agar level, i`d need some 10 liters or so.

I think the theory behind Bod`s write should be clear :wink:

:cookiemonster:

OfflineNickShade
Macronutrient
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #27312402 - 05/17/21 10:45 AM (3 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Ashtray161 said:
Quote:

NickShade said:
Quote:

Ashtray161 said:

U sure about that?

I may have been thinking of his pressure cooking tek for jars.

--------------------
bodhisatta said:
figure it out listen to the cake

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: NickShade] * 1
    #27314116 - 05/18/21 06:05 PM (3 years, 7 days ago)

https://www.amazon.com/Wagners-13008-Deluxe-Wild-10-Pound/dp/B00310210I/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=wild+bird+seed&qid=1621382629&sr=8-5

Is this the kind of WBS I want? Im trying to figure out what kind of grain to use for my first DIY grain jars and this stuff is cheap af

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27314132 - 05/18/21 06:32 PM (3 years, 7 days ago)

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/18/21 06:46 PM)

InvisibleMycelium Juice
Here for the weed
 User Gallery

#27314211 - 05/18/21 07:41 PM (3 years, 7 days ago)

Per your other post, it sounded like you were trying to save a few bucks here and there to possibly change living situations...

Quote:

Ashtray161 said:

I thought about a window unit I just dont wanna invest any more money into this living situation. Im kinda looking for a new place to rent.

Even if you weren't trying to save money rn, these would still be one of the best options for you. 

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/producers-pride-oats-50-lb

Being cheap af is just a win-win.

Use this, PC for 2 hours and you're good to go Ashtray 🤙

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27314246 - 05/18/21 08:26 PM (3 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Mycelium Juice said:
Per your other post, it sounded like you were trying to save a few bucks here and there to possibly change living situations...

Quote:

Ashtray161 said:

Even if you weren't trying to save money rn, these would still be one of the best options for you. 

Being cheap af is just a win-win.

Use this, PC for 2 hours and you're good to go Ashtray 🤙

hmm my card isnt working w that site

--------------------

Invisiblenatedawgnow
Rocky mountain hood rat
 User Gallery

Loc: ation
Trusted Cultivator
    #27314271 - 05/18/21 08:47 PM (3 years, 7 days ago)

Pick a grain. Wheat, oats, barley can all be had for less that 15 bucks per 50lb bag. Wbs around 20

Find a local feed store that has your grain of choice by using the internet to search for one

Go to feed store

Buy grain

Grow mushrooms:mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: natedawgnow] * 1
    #27314273 - 05/18/21 08:50 PM (3 years, 7 days ago)

lol right on, fair enou. thanks.

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27315234 - 05/19/21 03:06 PM (3 years, 6 days ago)

This is what I ended up buying, I hope its the right stuff

--------------------

InvisibleMycelium Juice
Here for the weed
 User Gallery

#27315247 - 05/19/21 03:20 PM (3 years, 6 days ago)

Those oats will work great.  Just follow the tek, and you'll do fine. 
It's like a recipe.  Just follow it and bake the cake.
I wouldn't worry too much besides following directions until you have a problem pop up, then you can address it at that time.
People have used these exact oats and Bod's tek with them with great success.  I'm sure you'll join the club.

Good luck! :mushroom2:

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27315270 - 05/19/21 03:53 PM (3 years, 6 days ago)

BRF Party anyone?
Bout to knock up 23 (woulda been 24 but one broke) BRF jars

Woo! Im glad I got the right ones. Im going to be using these 24 jars to get good cloning candidates to start my full first DIY grow where ive made all the agar plates, grain jars, casing mix ect myself. This is the 2nd and 3rd full grow rounds that ill have under my belt once theyre fruited. Im sooper excited.

--------------------

Invisiblemyc_ousin_vinny
Keeping_It_Real