Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: WyoMX] * 1
    #27308484 - 05/14/21 02:16 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Might as well just send them. Worst thing that can happen is they tam out before the first flush and you waste some coir/verm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Loc: Rugby, England
Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: tiptrippy] * 1
    #27308491 - 05/14/21 02:20 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tiptrippy said:
Might as well just send them. Worst thing that can happen is they tam out before the first flush and you waste some coir/verm

Right on, thats what I was thinking too. My unwanted spore load is already so high in my work space I have to be extra careful no matter what so a few more couldnt hurt, right? lol

--------------------
(You Know What Time It Is)
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
"You never have to prove the fool a fool, just let them speak."
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.
Be Gay, Do Crime 161 1312

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308494 - 05/14/21 02:21 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tiptrippy said:

Should I go ahead and spawn em today you think or give them another day or two to consolidate?

--------------------
Major Issues in the Psychedelic Movement: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27677086:elmo:
Please, be an adult. Get vaccinated. Dont use psychedelics as an excuse. Dont come at me with some hippy dippy nonsense, GO GET VACCINATED.

Offlinetiptrippy
The Mechanic
Male

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: Ashtray161] * 1
    #27308497 - 05/14/21 02:25 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Looks like they are still recovering from a shake. I would wait another 24 hours. Dump out any uncolonized grains on top

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308530 - 05/14/21 02:44 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tiptrippy said:
Looks like they are still recovering from a shake. I would wait another 24 hours. Dump out any uncolonized grains on top

Will do, thank you.
They were shook 3 days ago I wanna say. Between 2 and 4 days ago lol.
Ill spawn them into shoeboxes tomorrow around this time. Hopefully I can at least get fruits that are good for cloning.

--------------------

Offlinehazyhorse
scoobin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#27308687 - 05/14/21 04:36 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

i’ve seen that the tops of grain bags sometimes don’t look colonized. dunno if anything similar is going on there but yeah they could totally be drying out a bit. the jars are waaaay too full though. most people only do a 2/3rds full for myco quarts, so they can be shaken & colonize properly. what kind of filters are you using for your lids?

as for the grain itself, it’s looking alright but that second pic is making me think they might be bacterial. i’d still spawn em though if you have nothing better going on. i think i linked you to my journal with all my bacterial spawn grows before. i still think an ounce of mushrooms from bacterial spawn is better than no mushrooms at all when it’s gonna take another few weeks to a month to get fully clean spawn. maybe wouldn’t be worth if you had 20 other quart jars that were clean, but in this case i’d spawn

--------------------
you're not the first to set foot here, just another
===================================
i love glass petris & you can too!!
posts i constantly refer back to
new to mushroom cultivation?? read this!!

🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

InvisibleStipe-n CapMDiscord
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: hazyhorse] * 1
    #27308692 - 05/14/21 04:41 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I recommend spawning just about everything when you're learning what clean spawn looks like, that way you can develope an eye for what performs well...with the exception that its 100% totally fucked, then just top fruit.

Spawn it. You might have a touch of bacteria but its not bad, definitely usable.

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308712 - 05/14/21 04:57 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hazyhorse said:
i’ve seen that the tops of grain bags sometimes don’t look colonized. dunno if anything similar is going on there but yeah they could totally be drying out a bit. the jars are waaaay too full though. most people only do a 2/3rds full for myco quarts, so they can be shaken & colonize properly. what kind of filters are you using for your lids?

as for the grain itself, it’s looking alright but that second pic is making me think they might be bacterial. i’d still spawn em though if you have nothing better going on. i think i linked you to my journal with all my bacterial spawn grows before. i still think an ounce of mushrooms from bacterial spawn is better than no mushrooms at all when it’s gonna take another few weeks to a month to get fully clean spawn. maybe wouldn’t be worth if you had 20 other quart jars that were clean, but in this case i’d spawn

These are the last of the preboughts from a big kit from midwest.
That was my thought too! Especially since I have so much agar to play w right now I can clone the ever living shit out of the fruits I get to get better results next round. The bacteria might even produce some cool genetic fuck ups from what I understand?

Im gonna be knocking up some of my OWN DIY jars finally next week once I have some clean agar samples. Theyre also sending me another 24 BRF jars and some replacement grain jars (like the ones pictured) to replace some that were damaged in transit/contamed on arrival so I am going to have more premades around. I think I might re PC the BRF jars and use them to make clones.

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: Stipe-n Cap] * 1
    #27308715 - 05/14/21 05:00 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

p9hu7 said:
I recommend spawning just about everything when you're learning what clean spawn looks like, that way you can develope an eye for what performs well...with the exception that its 100% totally fucked, then just top fruit.

Spawn it. You might have a touch of bacteria but its not bad, definitely usable.

Right on thank u for the response! Im really happy everyone didnt just say toss it lol. A couple of these jars are APES, 2 of them are Redspores and 2 of them costa ricas and I really wanna see what all 3 of these look like.

Btw whats up with top fruiting? I keep hearing people mention this but cant find much info on when/how to do it. Are jars that are completely fucked by bacteria/mold viable for top fruiting?
Is this just usually not done because its not worth it to someone who has 15 monos going?

All 9 of the jars were from MSS and if all I got was slightly bacterial spawn from prebought jars knocked up with MSS id call that a lucky win imo lol

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/14/21 05:01 PM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308720 - 05/14/21 05:03 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Btw I know I cant mention spore vendors cuz we dont want to get them in trouble but if I wanted to make a thread about a substrate vendor can I name them and stuff? The company actually resent like $150 worth of materials because they fucked them up and a couple that may of even been my fault (but they still replaced them) and Id love to give them credit where credit is due.

--------------------

Offlinehazyhorse
scoobin

#27308825 - 05/14/21 06:18 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

yeah you might get some weirdos from your subs. my bacterial subs def get weird sometimes lol. like p9 said, it’s super worth to spawn just to learn what clean spawn is & isn’t. & you’ll pretty much always get some fruits out of mildly bacterial spawn, which you can clone, take prints from, & eat!! so definitely worth it imo. i think you did well enough for doing MSS to grain jars lmfao (unless you put MSS to agar to grains but even still, good job!)

top fruiting is just putting a substrate layer over the tops of the grain while still in the jar. for example, i’ll take a handful of coir & tamp it down a bit over the top of a more bacterial jar. the myc colonizes the top layer of coir & then you get mushrooms off it eventually. i would only top fruit bacterial jars personally, & probably throw away any that had obvious trich. but maybe someone does it idk. i’d imagine you’d just grow mold

(i’ll edit w a pic of a top fruiting jar i have in a sec):

i think it’s generally not done bc of what you said, who gives a fuck about top fruiting when you’re running 15 monos. 6g means a lot lore to someone only growing a few shoeboxes or whatever. but for people who would rather just use the jar again sooner i don’t think it’s worth it. it does start to limit your usable jars if you’re top fruiting a lot of them

i think you can use the sponsors forum if they are a site sponsor? someone who has more site knowledge can probably help you there. i just know it’s generally frowned upon to mention vendors in the mushcult forum for spore suppliers bc obviously... they are for microscopy...

--------------------

Edited by hazyhorse (05/14/21 06:26 PM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308856 - 05/14/21 06:52 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Are these knots and invitro pins or mold spores? :/ (the pics are way less blurry if you make them bigger)

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/14/21 06:56 PM)

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308865 - 05/14/21 06:55 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hazyhorse said:
yeah you might get some weirdos from your subs. my bacterial subs def get weird sometimes lol. like p9 said, it’s super worth to spawn just to learn what clean spawn is & isn’t. & you’ll pretty much always get some fruits out of mildly bacterial spawn, which you can clone, take prints from, & eat!! so definitely worth it imo. i think you did well enough for doing MSS to grain jars lmfao (unless you put MSS to agar to grains but even still, good job!)

top fruiting is just putting a substrate layer over the tops of the grain while still in the jar. for example, i’ll take a handful of coir & tamp it down a bit over the top of a more bacterial jar. the myc colonizes the top layer of coir & then you get mushrooms off it eventually. i would only top fruit bacterial jars personally, & probably throw away any that had obvious trich. but maybe someone does it idk. i’d imagine you’d just grow mold

(i’ll edit w a pic of a top fruiting jar i have in a sec):

i think it’s generally not done bc of what you said, who gives a fuck about top fruiting when you’re running 15 monos. 6g means a lot lore to someone only growing a few shoeboxes or whatever. but for people who would rather just use the jar again sooner i don’t think it’s worth it. it does start to limit your usable jars if you’re top fruiting a lot of them

i think you can use the sponsors forum if they are a site sponsor? someone who has more site knowledge can probably help you there. i just know it’s generally frowned upon to mention vendors in the mushcult forum for spore suppliers bc obviously... they are for microscopy...

Thank u for the info!!

They werent to agar, just MSS stra8 to grain lol. This was a month ago, ive grown ages sense then. Im practically a pro now. (im being sarcastic of course lmao. All I know is that i dont know nothin)

Right on, I might try out top fruiting one of them just to try it. Im trying to get as much as I can out of these first few grows.

For sure, I knew that about spore vendors becuz again, only for microscopy. I didnt know if that pertained to substrate vendors as well.

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27308884 - 05/14/21 07:06 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Also sorry another question, wtf is going on here? Is this not mushroom myc? It looks exactly like it, infact some of the nicer samples I have look a lot like this but its like eating the color out of my plate? Is this normal?

(This and the knot vs mold question are still open, thank u for all ur help folx!)

--------------------

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/14/21 07:07 PM)

Offlinehazyhorse
scoobin

#27308999 - 05/14/21 08:39 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

i think those are just knots. happens on my jars sometimes if they’ve sat too long. maybe could be a response to bacteria as well?

for spores straight to grain i think you did pretty good hahaha i’ve seen things go much worse. i think knowing you don’t know shit is a good place to be at, that’s where i’m at too. it keeps you away from dogma & always learning

my agar plates do that as the myc colonizes it, it’s totally normal to have the agar change color

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27309171 - 05/15/21 12:08 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Right on, thank u!

Another question. Its getting a lot warmer where I live now and Im having a hard time keeping temps under 82F even at night, I dont have A/C or centeral cooling in the house so thats not an option, any ideas on how to cool down my space?

--------------------

InvisibleAtomsplit
 User Gallery

Loc: SAB
    #27309178 - 05/15/21 12:22 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Would a fan help?

--------------------

InvisibleMycelium Juice
Here for the weed
 User Gallery

Loc: planet earth
Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: Atomsplit] * 1
    #27309188 - 05/15/21 12:39 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

One of those window dual exhaust fans should help push the hot air trapped in your place out, which will then be replaced by fresher air from another window in your place. 

That's the best option I can think of besides for a window ac unit, and one that I use myself.

Would work best if your grow room has windows....

Offlinehazyhorse
scoobin

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: Mycelium Juice] * 1
    #27309201 - 05/15/21 12:59 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, try to get a draft going or use fans i’d say. or window AC unit if it has a window. how hot is it getting at the peak temperatures? if it’s staying under like 85 you’re probs fine for now until it gets hotter

--------------------

InvisibleAshtray161
SettledNomad
Other

#27309212 - 05/15/21 01:20 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Atomsplit said:
Would a fan help?

Ive got a couple box fans going but its only doing so much.

Quote:

hazyhorse said:
yeah, try to get a draft going or use fans i’d say. or window AC unit if it has a window. how hot is it getting at the peak temperatures? if it’s staying under like 85 you’re probs fine for now until it gets hotter

I thought about a window unit I just dont wanna invest any more money into this living situation. Im kinda looking for a new place to rent.

Its not getting quite that warm. Worst its gotten so far is like 83, 84. I dont wanna open my window to let the air move around cuz gnats make their way in quick.
Im just thinking for the rest of the summer im prolly gonna have to cool it down a couple degrees in here. Hmm... What about adding like ice packs to the 2nd to last bottom shelf of my martha and putting the computer fan under them?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale