Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAshtray161
Noob
Other

Loc: OR
Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread
    #27290695 - 05/02/21 06:33 PM (6 days, 15 hours ago)

Okay I realized I almost got right back in the habit of making a new thread for every question I had so Im finally taking some advice I got a bit back a bit later but better than never. From now on all my questions will be posted here, I just ask that yall take a peek now and again to see what new questions I have posted.
Thank you to everyone whos helping me out

Heres my most recent questions:
Hey there folks,

This is the last bit of my ultra noob phase. MSS>BRF>COIR(Premade Sub)
They have a better pinset than my last tub but its still not great.

Does anyone know whats going on here? It looks like the veil is already starting to break but its still quite small. The stims kind of look torn up too. Is this from contamination or something I can adjust like FAE or humidity?

Hey there shroomery,

Soo I got an unexpected package today. 12 premade BRF jars x.x I have no idea when I ordered these or why but I have them now. They have dry layers of dry verm on the top. I DO have spore syringes, one that ive tested on 5 plates of agar and none of the 5 had any visible contamination so the syringe might be relatively clean but id still like to avoid using spores if possible.
Is there anyway for me to get agar in there?
I do have some LC that im testing right now but its from spores as well (I made it before I started playing with agar)
I would just throw some sections in them but the dry verm layer ontop stops me from doing that without putting my nasty fingers or something inside of it to move the verm over.
Anyone have any ideas on what I should do with these?
Am I better off using the LC syringe I made if it turns up clean on agar or just use spore syringes?
Thanks!

--------------------
ANY ADVICE I GIVE SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. I AM PRETTY NEW.
ALWAYS FOLLOW A TRUSTED CULTIVATOR OR A PROPER TEK OVER A FELLOW NEWB.

:didnazithatcoming:
Dont go out in the rain and catch a schizophrenia.
START HERE: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24420178
All medias posted by this profile are a work of fiction. Any depiction of illegal substances are AI generated.
ACAB

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/02/21 06:36 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAshtray161
Noob
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: Ashtray161]
    #27290710 - 05/02/21 06:47 PM (6 days, 15 hours ago)

I was also wondering if I absolutely need to transfer after getting clean myc from spores on agar?
Im waiting on some materials to DIY agar and in the meantime ive ran out of prebought plates but I have lots of (what seems like) clean myc germinated from a spore syringe on plates. Would it be detrimental to me to put that to grain or shld I absolutely do a transfer first?

--------------------

All medias posted by this profile are a work of fiction. Any depiction of illegal substances are AI generated.
ACAB

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27290728 - 05/02/21 07:03 PM (6 days, 15 hours ago)

The pics you posted look fine.. they could maaaaybe be a little too wet and increase FAE a tad but they look healthy.  Sometimes fruits just end up shorter than you’re use to but the surface conditions look aight.

I’d use both the lc syringe and spore syringe and kind of hedge your bets (if the lc tests turn out alright).. and I mean use lc on some cakes and spores on the others.  pf cakes do well with slightly bacterial syringes.. I think it has to do with the immobility of bacteria and the amount of air gaps between the pelletized texture of the cake mix.

An agar wedge isn’t going to do you much help with pf cakes unless you have a sterilized blender attachment ppl use for making LI with plates.

I think if you want really good results going cakes to coir, you’ll need a decent amount of cakes to coir ratio.. or switch to whole grains to really get those larger flushes.

There’s a bit of risk going from germ plates to grain but ppl do it if the plate looks good.  I don’t do agar and I go spore to grain all the time :lol: but that’s only if I’m trying to do a cross or just getting some clone material.  It’s not something I’d continually do when I could use clone tissue instead.

Faht

--------------------
PICTURE GALLERY

EVERYTHING FAHT, CLICK ME!

PHENO HUNTERS

Edited by fahtster (05/02/21 07:08 PM)

Invisiblep9hu7
Full retard
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
    #27290733 - 05/02/21 07:07 PM (6 days, 15 hours ago)

When you find a use for your plates transfer away from your germ plate at least once to insure that it's clean.
I would recommend ditching the spore syringe and use clean plates to make liquid inoculant (LI) for your cakes and other future projects.

--------------------
Easy flowhood math template
How I wrap an entire sleeve of plates
Clean Spawn Checklist
More Inoculation Points For Less

shrooms make you gay anyways

Two of a trade never agree

OfflineAshtray161
Noob
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: p9hu7]
    #27290745 - 05/02/21 07:13 PM (6 days, 15 hours ago)

So what im getting here is my best choices are either A) Make an LI or B) Use spores and fruit as shoeboxes for cloning material? I have a ton of B+ and APE spore solution I could spritz in there. Infact I know the APE has bacteria in it, all 3 agar plates i put it on have bacteria but also healthy myc growth so mayb I should spray that in at least 6 of them?

--------------------

ACAB

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27290764 - 05/02/21 07:25 PM (6 days, 14 hours ago)

If you see bacteria on the plates, I’d definitely not try to take those to grain.. I was saying that ppl that use vendor syringes and germ them on plates have taken those to grain (but those all appeared to have clean growth; no bacteria).

If you know for sure something has bacteria in it, I’d clean that up with agar.  I was going under the assumption you were using vendor syringes that were showing clean growth on the plates... I should’ve asked.

How long until your supplies arrive?

Faht

--------------------
PICTURE GALLERY

PHENO HUNTERS

OfflineAshtray161
Noob
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: fahtster]
    #27290770 - 05/02/21 07:28 PM (6 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

fahtster said:
If you see bacteria on the plates, I’d definitely not try to take those to grain.. I was saying that ppl that use vendor syringes and germ them on plates have taken those to grain (but those all appeared to have clean growth; no bacteria).

If you know for sure something has bacteria in it, I’d clean that up with agar.  I was going under the assumption you were using vendor syringes that were showing clean growth on the plates... I should’ve asked.

How long until your supplies arrive?

Faht

Well again this is for the 12 BRF jars that showed up on my doorstep lol.
If it was grain I would just pop agar in.

About a week

--------------------

ACAB

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27290782 - 05/02/21 07:36 PM (6 days, 14 hours ago)

Well.. I’ve only really used SW as a vendor and if they had bacteria in them, it was a small enough amount that I got at least a decent first flush but usually all spore syringes are going to be somewhat dirty but like I said, pf cakes are good for spore syringes so if you don’t to wait the week+ until you get your plates rocking, I inoculate them with whatever syringes are testing clean or you think are clean enough to get your flush for clone material... it’s gonna be a gamble but cakes are pretty resistant.  The apes, I’d probably wait until you get your supplies.. that’s just what I would do if I were in your shoes.

Depends on how lucky you feel, I suppose lol

Faht

--------------------
PICTURE GALLERY

PHENO HUNTERS

OfflineAshtray161
Noob
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: fahtster]
    #27290785 - 05/02/21 07:38 PM (6 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

fahtster said:
Well.. I’ve only really used SW as a vendor and if they had bacteria in them, it was a small enough amount that I got at least a decent first flush but usually all spore syringes are going to be somewhat dirty but like I said, pf cakes are good for spore syringes so if you don’t to wait the week+ until you get your plates rocking, I inoculate them with whatever syringes are testing clean or you think are clean enough to get your flush for clone material... it’s gonna be a gamble but cakes are pretty resistant.  The apes, I’d probably wait until you get your supplies.. that’s just what I would do if I were in your shoes.

Depends on how lucky you feel, I suppose lol

Faht

Haha I do kind of want to just hold on to them but hopefully my supplier will be replacing them anyway.
Im going to think on it tonight and do something about it tomorrow. Im not sure what yet. I may just wait til my supplies are here.

Speaking of, do I want to refrigerate these plates once they get quarter size growth on them until im ready to use them?

--------------------

ACAB

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27290788 - 05/02/21 07:40 PM (6 days, 14 hours ago)

Good call to sleep on it.  I’ll let someone that does agar field that one :thumbup:

Faht

--------------------
PICTURE GALLERY

PHENO HUNTERS

OfflineAshtray161
Noob
Other

#27290789 - 05/02/21 07:40 PM (6 days, 14 hours ago)

The thing is I also have 3 premade grain jars left. I was wondering if i can knock them up with one of these plates I have from MSS or if I should absolutely wait until im able to transfer some?

I do have some plates with apparently clean growth w no contams visible. B+ specifically. Theyre just from MSS.

--------------------

ACAB

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/02/21 07:41 PM)

InvisibleRiverBum
Male

Loc: Down by the river!
    #27290803 - 05/02/21 07:55 PM (6 days, 14 hours ago)

Personally I would do at least one transfer before dropping to grain. With the remainder of your spore solution I would knock up the brf cakes and fruit those looking for a good cloning candidate. Save a little spore solution for agar work just in case :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineAshtray161
Noob
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: RiverBum]
    #27290854 - 05/02/21 08:33 PM (6 days, 13 hours ago)

Is 2 days too quick to be seeing growth on agar from MSS?
Its only a few tiny wee little dots but these plates were squirted on the 29th of last month, so theyve only had like 2.5 full days of time to grow, are these little bits of growth likely contams or can I expect to start seeing tiny bits of growth this quickly?

--------------------

ACAB

Invisiblewoofwoof
such mushrooms!
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#27290865 - 05/02/21 08:39 PM (6 days, 13 hours ago)

ive seen myc begin within 2 to 3 days after putting to agar. However, I haven't used spore syringes ina while and I use prints and swipe agar. I do not like the moisture or water from the syringe as it rolls around easy and contams the shit outta everything.

In the future, try to use spore print and sterile q tip or loop. Not saying don't use syringes, but IME they are just messy and more work in one way or another directly or indirectly

OfflineAshtray161
Noob
Other

Re: Ashtray's Questions and Answer Thread [Re: woofwoof]
    #27290870 - 05/02/21 08:42 PM (6 days, 13 hours ago)

Quote:

woofwoof said:
ive seen myc begin within 2 to 3 days after putting to agar. However, I haven't used spore syringes ina while and I use prints and swipe agar. I do not like the moisture or water from the syringe as it rolls around easy and contams the shit outta everything.

In the future, try to use spore print and sterile q tip or loop. Not saying don't use syringes, but IME they are just messy and more work in one way or another directly or indirectly

Oh is it bad if it rolls around? xD I totally like whisped it everywhere after putting it in there but I tried to put as little as possible, most of them i was able to get a single tiny drop in em.

I did try and do a print too. Someone off discord sent me a print of ... well... i think its a cube xD I really dont remember what it is so I just have it marked as "mystery print"
I guess we will find out in a few weeks lol

--------------------

ACAB

Edited by Ashtray161 (05/02/21 08:42 PM)

Invisiblewoofwoof
such mushrooms!

#27290872 - 05/02/21 08:43 PM (6 days, 13 hours ago)

well, if its dirty, which it probably will be, rolling the liquid around the whole plate you may contam it, I let it alone on middle of plate that way if any good areas of myc grow out, it has room to spread to something clean. If you roll the liquid around to cover the whole plate and its dirty, it may ruin good agar

OfflineAshtray161
Noob
Other

#27290875 - 05/02/21 08:44 PM (6 days, 13 hours ago)

gotcha ill keep that in mind from now on

--------------------

ACAB

Invisiblewoofwoof
such mushrooms!

#27290877 - 05/02/21 08:45 PM (6 days, 13 hours ago)

just my logic tho

OfflineAshtray161
Noob
Other

#27290887 - 05/02/21 08:50 PM (6 days, 13 hours ago)

Should I be putting my plates I plan to transfer once all my supplies are here and I can make more plates in the fridge once they get like dime to quarter sized growth or how long should/can I let them sit out?

--------------------

ACAB

OfflineCocaineBuffet
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27290898 - 05/02/21 09:01 PM (6 days, 13 hours ago)

Depends on your climate. Most people in the US/Canada just keep them on a shelf at room temp. I have had more slants go bad because it was too cold than a single plate go bacterial because the room was too warm.

Also pics of your agar will be much more beneficial than trying to describe it in words. I have had 4th - 8th transfers go bad/stall on grain so I would suggest taking the time to make sure it is clean.

Side note: saw your post the other day, I hope you are feeling better and it takes some nuts to own up to shit. Hope things are looking up.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation