Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> The Gaming Grotto

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineskOsH
a little bit of chaos
 User Gallery

Loc: the PNW
Valheim
    #27271789 - 03/27/21 02:30 PM (1 month, 11 days ago)

I am basically addicted to this game

I would love to hear others opinions on it

-enemies die like in Zdelda: Wind Waker - explode into purple clouds
-enemies fear torches like in Minecraft
-crafting like in Minecraft
-farming endless wood like the beginning of factorio
-enemy spawned locations like Diablo games and Minecraft
-stamina bar and combat like dark souls but not as bad
-building similar to Skyrim. Also the game in general does
-gotta find tin, copper, etc., like in factorio
-your bed marks your spawn point like in minecraft
-game is like Skyrim with different abilities awarded for defeating certain bosses, like the dragons in Skyrim with their shouts
-dungeons like in some more arcade type mmo's
-darkness = bad like in minecraft
-level progression like skyrim, other mom's
-procedurally generated sandbox terrain like in minecraft

It's pretty awesome. My solo player has a camp right on the edge of the black forest near tons of copper and tin and he has just started

My other guy is working with  friend and we are working our way to set sail

Anyway...
I love all the options in Early Access. This is the first early access game that really deserves the money

They could go very far with this game

What are your favorite parts? Do you have suggestions or ideas for the game?

I started a seed where I have a enclosure of meadow surrounded by dark forest and I am just now building my base

I think a good suggestion would be bridges or catwalks to build

--------------------
I'm going down down baby your street in a Range Rover, street sweeper ready cooked ready to let it go

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: Valheim [Re: skOsH]
    #27271874 - 03/27/21 03:39 PM (1 month, 11 days ago)

Oh the maps are random? didn't know that

My brothers obsessed with it but I can't quite get into it. I killed the first boss and have been exploring black forest. Just feels like all I'm doing is exploring for materials, getting annoyed that I can't build a house closer to the black forest, getting hungry and tired but not wanting to go all the way home at night. And just too much grinding for materials especially when you die and lose good stuff. I guess I could stash some chests in a ruin I find, I hate that you can't place map markers, I have an old house I've never been able to find again.

Combats a little bland.

All that said I do like the game overall, I think I just need to get a little farther or try a new strategy to enjoy it more. Any tips? Still haven't gotten any tin or copper.

OfflinemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Valheim [Re: skOsH]
    #27272153 - 03/27/21 07:08 PM (1 month, 11 days ago)

It's an awesome game.  When it came out a few friends and I rented a dedicated server and played for about a month.  The only downside is once you reach the current end game content there isn't much to do except build.  I started a new solo singleplayer game just to fuck around in.  Currently at the start of the iron age but the swamps are so meh that I'm mostly sitting around base and building shit instead.

When the next big update happens (hearth and home update) we will probably rent a server again to play on.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

OfflineskOsH
a little bit of chaos
 User Gallery

Loc: the PNW
Re: Valheim [Re: mndfreeze]
    #27290284 - 05/02/21 01:24 PM (6 days, 20 hours ago)

I have yet to reach the end game content, but I do like getting lost in the black forest at night when it's raining

I worked my way to the bronze age. I was playing with a friend and we got to the iron/silver age and upgraded all our gear to silver armor except for a lox cape (allows mountain exploration without freezing)

I think the best method is to just play the game as risky as possible without being too cateles. Also I thought about cheesing the mountain early on by making a set of stairs in an enclosed wooden tunnel filled with campfires, but I don't know if that will work.

I think best method when dealing with the tougher enemies, especially the plains, is to build in the black forest, close enough to the plains for the boss but not so close that feathsquitos come knocking

Gathering can be tedious but I love the co-op play to gather mats and help build a new base. Problem is, if playing with a friend and they start building, it is hard to decide what to also build, because I want it to look a certain way

I think the best aspect is the base building so far...I have been taking it slow, trying to enjoy little adventures on my solo world and try to get all skills to 99 without dying too often.

--------------------
I'm going down down baby your street in a Range Rover, street sweeper ready cooked ready to let it go

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

General Interest >> The Gaming Grotto