Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleslither
addict
Re: Shroom Kit [Re: Sloth]
    #272830 - 03/16/01 07:52 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

Alot of people have been duped by homestead, don't feel bad. I've never seen their kits, but heard alot about them. I wonder why they call mycellium mold? Good luck!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSloth

Re: Shroom Kit
    #272848 - 03/16/01 12:12 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

dude, he didn't go "big."
your response contains no helpful info. My friend is looking for repsonses from people who understand their shit. plse, don't waste our time again.

Invisiblepaddoholland
addict

Loc: the Netherlands
    #272859 - 03/16/01 12:26 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

You will have to put the peat over it because this will change the myceliums dna wich causes to grow shrooms!!
Without peat no shrooms!
So put the peat over it and wait, but I think your relative late and the mycelium has eaten all the substrate. So buy new kits!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rolling, smoking!!!

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Europe

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
Re: Shroom Kit [Re: paddoholland]
    #272881 - 03/16/01 01:21 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

What the hell? Cant grow if they dont have Peat? Errrr, since when did shrooms have to have peat to actually fruit?

ignor that last post.....

you could use a simple casing of nothing but vermaculite (NOT RECCOMENDED!) and shrooms would grow. Mycelium is a damn cool thing, you can start with a petri dish (like your friend did) transfer that to grain, or whatever you may be using, let it colonize for about a week, then you add the casing.....you add the casing when you see most of the surface area has mycelium running through it.....oh I hope you havent added the casing yet....you will want to PH balance you casing to a 7.0 shrooms love this......pasturerize your peat to make sure you dont have contams ( some people dont do this to their casing, but you really should, it only helps) place your tray (shrooms) in its grow chamber place a piece of thick black plastic or the lid on the tray, let it sit in darkness for a week and then remove the lid, about a week to 2 weeks later you should see pins.

Ive outta this for a while so if I didnt make any of this clear enough, or you have questions, Im happy to help.....

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Invisibleslither
addict
Re: Shroom Kit [Re: PanTrop]
    #272889 - 03/16/01 01:50 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

Isn't that one of those homestead kits?

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
Re: Shroom Kit [Re: slither]
    #272898 - 03/16/01 02:57 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

now that I think about it, it sure sounds like it, let us know how that goes, Ive often heard their kits dont fruit anything.
not to discourage you.

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Anonymous

Re: Shroom Kit [Re: PanTrop]
    #272915 - 03/16/01 05:37 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

The instructions wouldn't say to put the stuff on if it was going to snuff it out. It sounds like a shitty kit but it can't be that bad!

Kits in general suck, do some research, order some spores and grow your own using more conventional means.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.sunshine.net/www/1700/sn1730

OfflineSloth

Re: Shroom Kit [Re: ]
    #273352 - 03/16/01 06:49 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

yes, it's a homestead kit...thanks you guys..i got some really good info here. the kit didnt exactly word it as "cover the fluffy white mold with an inch of the material." there was a little room for interpretation....don't be so quick to break my nuts. i just wanted some reassurance from some of you that this mold would in fact grow through this mulch like material. (mulch can be used to snuff out weeds:)

we have done a lot of research since the kit arrived....just because a kit was ordered doesnt mean people are stupid...you have to have a huge pressure cooker for a reasonably large canning jar..otherwise you just have a lot of little ones...its much easier to have a lot of soil in an aquarium.

thanks again.

Offlinecowboy-nfsg
Cowboy NFSG
Male
Loc: So Cal Mountains
    #273886 - 03/17/01 06:34 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

Better Kits Available at http://jug-or-not.com/shroom/mycelium.html

OfflineSloth

Re: Shroom Kit [Re: cowboy-nfsg]
    #273925 - 03/17/01 08:27 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

i don't feel my friend was ripped off by homestead at all. its an excellent kit.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract